Author Topic: [IC] GMK Classic Beige 1.25x mods, 1.75x rt shift, 6.25 space, center caps lock  (Read 48266 times)

Offline TBone

Re: [IC] GMK Classic Beige 1.25x mods, 1.75x rt shift, 6.25 space, center caps lock
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 00:08:29 »
1xbottom row and 1.25xbottom row Cherry Logos would be awesome!  :D
Even if pad printed, I'd still like them!
Something like this but without the window, maybe black?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: [IC] GMK Classic Beige 1.25x mods, 1.75x rt shift, 6.25 space, center caps lock
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 00:10:57 »
Cherry logos aren't possible, GMK isn't allowed to make them without permission from Cherry.

The pad printed windows key is a turn off for me, I won't put pad printed keys on my boards. I second the suggestion of having a doubleshot W8 key.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 00:32:57 »
    Great news.  What style win keys will be used?
    I would like to go with old style winkeys, but I think they would have to be pad printed.

Show Image

If you end up going with the win8 logo, please offer another option for those of us that don't like it.                                                                                                                                                      [/list]
    Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
    More
    OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
    More

Offline Sempre

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 00:36:24 »
    I'd suggest a simple "WIN" key.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 00:39:50 »
    Will the set include space bars?

Strongly suggest you make 6.25x and 7x spacebars available as an add-on, because they seem to be so hard to find. I'm sure these options would be huge.
    Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
    • * Esteemed Elder
    « Reply #155 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 00:46:22 »
      Great news.  What style win keys will be used?
      I would like to go with old style winkeys, but I think they would have to be pad printed.

Show Image

If you end up going with the win8 logo, please offer another option for those of us that don't like it.                                                                                                                                                      [/list]

Every time.
      It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
      • * Destiny Supporter
      • SKidata life.
      « Reply #156 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 01:14:45 »
      Just wondering, what will you people be using this set with?

Would be cool to know :)

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
      « Reply #157 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 03:29:04 »
      On my GON NerD60 :) Still need a cool aluminum case to go with, or maybe a GON case, don't know.
      Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
      • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
      « Reply #158 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 06:27:17 »
      It's worth noting that GMK pad printing can barely be considered pad printing. It's really, really great. When it's dark print on lighter keycap it's just as clear as doubleshot. No, really, it looks _exactly_ the same. I guarantee you can't tell the difference without taking macro photos. And.. since it has a clear coat it won't wear out for a long time.

That said, I think the best solution is to have 2 of each.

Thanks all for the input. It helps.
      https://kbdarchive.org/
      github
      discord: hi mum#5710

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
      « Reply #159 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 06:32:31 »
      It's worth noting that GMK pad printing can barely be considered pad printing. It's really, really great. When it's dark print on lighter keycap it's just as clear as doubleshot. No, really, it looks _exactly_ the same. I guarantee you can't tell the difference without taking macro photos. And.. since it has a clear coat it won't wear out for a long time.

+1 here :) I like GMK pad printing, and to have the old Win logo it priceless :cool: I kind of hate the Win8 one, not a big fan.
      Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline geniekid

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 07:14:29 »
      I would like to see an extra set with

R1 1u backslash/pipe
      R2 1.5u backspace/delete
      R3 1.75u control

Maybe this could be part of the set with the split R-shift since it's *HHKB-like*

Offline bueller

• MX baller
      • * Esteemed Elder
      « Reply #161 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 07:52:34 »
      Extra sets are mostly pointless unless they're color accent sets, the MOQ is killer.

Offline Orca

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 07:57:54 »
      interested in full set  ;D

Offline geniekid

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 08:14:13 »
      Extra sets are mostly pointless unless they're color accent sets, the MOQ is killer.

I think you're right that most extra sets wouldn't make MOQ, but it might still be worthwhile to offer the kit to gauge interest for the future.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
      « Reply #164 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 08:21:03 »
      Cherry logos aren't possible, GMK isn't allowed to make them without permission from Cherry.

The pad printed windows key is a turn off for me, I won't put pad printed keys on my boards. I second the suggestion of having a doubleshot W8 key.

the vintage windows logo's detail is too small to be double-shot, the old double-shot logo like Sherry's GB is suck to me compared to the win8 one

//and yes, please, bring the A-profile back
      HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bueller

• MX baller
      • * Esteemed Elder
      « Reply #165 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 08:25:54 »

the vintage windows logo's detail is too small to be double-shot, the old double-shot logo like Sherry's GB is suck to me compared to the win8 one

Totally agree, I have both the old and new style windows keys in double shot and I much prefer the new style. In saying that it's not a deal breaker for me either way so long as there is a DS one included.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
      « Reply #166 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 08:28:08 »

Totally agree, I have both the old and new style windows keys in double shot and I much prefer the new style. In saying that it's not a deal breaker for me either way so long as there is a DS one included.

I don't mind the padded key after I see some of them in the origin Cherry set, really high quality printed :p
      HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
      « Reply #167 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 12:55:29 »
      Pad printing from GMK is good, and for those that are really concerned about wear they can always do them as side printed.

Additionally, and I may have said so before, but vintage Cherry came in a myriad of different beige shades, so the best thing to do on a beige modifier kit would be to go all the way so there are not any shade mismatches. Or at least do all of tab, caps, shifts, ctrls, alts, wins, menu, enter, backspace... and np enter, +, -, ÷, × and numlock so at least sections are all uniform.
      « Last Edit: Mon, 22 September 2014, 13:01:55 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
      « Reply #168 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 13:07:09 »
      I thought this would be going on as a full set?
      HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
      « Reply #169 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 13:19:44 »
      I was planning on doing inverse, so the alphanumerics are 'beige' and the mods and stuff is on 'white'.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
      « Reply #170 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 13:27:56 »
      I thought this would be going on as a full set?
      Yes, that's what I'm planning.

Additionally, and I may have said so before, but vintage Cherry came in a myriad of different beige shades.
      Does GMK offer any colours that come very close to any of the original colours? [I don't yet have a colour ring :p]

github

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
      « Reply #171 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 19:32:56 »
      I would be in for a full set of classic beige if it were GMK. Or I'd be in for a 7x space bar alone if that were an option.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
      Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
      FC660M - Cherry blues
      KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
      • * Destiny Supporter
      • SKidata life.
      « Reply #172 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 19:36:18 »
      I would be in for a full set of classic beige if it were GMK. Or I'd be in for a 7x space bar alone if that were an option.

There are lots of sets out there that are only missing the 6.25u and 7u spacebar, so it would be really awesome if we could have an option just for that.

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
      « Reply #173 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 21:23:57 »
      I was planning on doing inverse, so the alphanumerics are 'beige' and the mods and stuff is on 'white'.

Is this still going to happen sometime after the Dolch GB finishes up?  I was pretty excited about that.

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 22:38:20 »
      definitely interested but definitely want a 7x spacebar to go along with it
      (´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
      « Reply #175 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:31:41 »

Is this still going to happen sometime after the Dolch GB finishes up?  I was pretty excited about that.

Yes, will probably start it in the next few week.

N9 legend with U9 alphas and L9 mods. Essentially Goupil colorway but flipped like Commodore.
      « Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:34:47 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
      « Reply #176 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:40:19 »

Show Image

N9 legend with U9 alphas and L9 mods. Essentially Goupil colorway but flipped like Commodore.

Instabuy as all your GBs :p

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
      • * Esteemed Elder
      • 🍒 Beige or Bust
        • My Flickr Page
      « Reply #177 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 22:22:56 »

Sorry if this has been answered already, but about how long until this GB starts?
      More
      OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
      More

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
      « Reply #178 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 13:32:15 »
      Sorry if this has been answered already, but about how long until this GB starts?
      Hopefully November. It would be sooner, but don't want to get in the way of another GB that will be coming soon from someone else ;)

github

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
      « Reply #179 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 14:11:11 »
      Hopefully November. It would be sooner, but don't want to get in the way of another GB that will be coming soon from someone else ;)

Are you talking about Hyperfuse GMK? I can't wait for that one!

But don't worry, I'll buy your set as well :p

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #180 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 15:18:26 »

Show Image

Actually I think the L9 is a little bit more "lime color" than the original cherry

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
      « Reply #181 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 09:32:09 »
      Lime color? AE is the one closest to lime color. I think your display must be broken as it's L9 more like one of those 'bisque' color shades.
      « Last Edit: Thu, 25 September 2014, 09:35:10 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 19:43:47 »
      Lime color? AE is the one closest to lime color. I think your display must be broken as it's L9 more like one of those 'bisque' color shades.
      I am sorry, i shouldn't say lime color, i just don't know how to describe it.  but the color of the gmk one and the original one are quite different
      78075-0

Offline TBone

« Reply #183 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 19:50:12 »
      I am sorry, i shouldn't say lime color, i just don't know how to describe it.  but the color of the gmk one and the original one are quite different
      (Attachment Link)
      Which one is GMK? Left?
      The right just looks more white to me, left one looks a little yellower, maybe.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 20:15:00 »
      (Attachment Link)
      Which one is GMK? Left?
      The right just looks more white to me, left one looks a little yellower, maybe.
      the left one is GMK.  I have placed the left one under no direct sun light, so there should be no yellowing

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
      • * Vendor
        • Zeal Generation Inc.
      « Reply #185 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 21:01:37 »
      (Attachment Link)

I believe that the different shades of double shot layers affect the outer second shot colour. I'll take some pics of some GMK keys in a few. Hopefully it'll be noticeable in picture.
              "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline bueller

• MX baller
      • * Esteemed Elder
      « Reply #186 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 21:10:54 »
      (Attachment Link)

I believe that the different shades of double shot layers affect the outer second shot colour. I'll take some pics of some GMK keys in a few. Hopefully it'll be noticeable in picture.

I doubt that very much, keen to see pics though if you're sure.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
        • Zeal Generation Inc.
      « Reply #187 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 21:52:23 »
      (Attachment Link)

I doubt that very much, keen to see pics though if you're sure.

Only have phone pics for now, since I don't have a macro lens yet  :'( (Camera failed miserably at focusing on the keys)
      I took the following two pics last week when I was discussing colours combinations with some friends: (Took the pics at night, so colour shift is a bit exaggerated)

GMK "Raindrop" down arrow key. N5 blue on UN0001. You can see the blue actually made the creamier white "colder". For reference, GMK UN0001 white is a warmer tone than Vortex PBT White.

----------

I just took the following two pics right now:

GMK "Red Alert" arrow keys.
      CP white on V1 Red. IRL, the side walls of these keys are a touch lighter than the V1 Red from the GMK colour ring.

Another shot of the GMK "Raindrop" arrow key. N5 blue on UN0001 white. Whites on the arrow key is a touch colder:

*Blue is a bit off from the real thing (on my monitor set to sRGB at least)
      « Last Edit: Thu, 25 September 2014, 21:54:34 by Zeal »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
      • * Esteemed Elder
      • 🍒 Beige or Bust
        • My Flickr Page
      « Reply #188 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 21:57:19 »
      GMK Raindrop?
      More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
      More

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
        • Zeal Generation Inc.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
      • * Esteemed Elder
      « Reply #190 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 22:28:31 »
      GMK Raindrop?

I'm guessing he means Olivetti?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
        • Zeal Generation Inc.
      « Reply #191 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 22:34:32 »
      GMK Raindrop?

GMK Olivetti Originative sold uses N5 blue on L9 beige for the arrow keys. This is N5 on UN0001.

Offline TBone

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 22:39:32 »
      GMK Raindrop?

GMK Olivetti Originative sold uses N5 blue on L9 beige for the arrow keys. This is N5 on UN0001.

When and where did GMK do raindrop?? Did I miss this?  :(

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 22:47:17 »
      GMK Raindrop?

+1...

Offline bueller

• MX baller
      • * Esteemed Elder
      « Reply #194 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 23:06:50 »
      GMK Raindrop?

They haven't, I'm guessing this is some sort of sampler? OP give us some details.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
        • Zeal Generation Inc.
      « Reply #195 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 00:24:33 »
      GMK Raindrop?

They haven't, I'm guessing this is some sort of sampler? OP give us some details.

Mhm, it came as part of the sampler kit I requested. I've got lots of ideas for GMK GBs.  ;) Don't want to derail the thread anymore, so IC ideas will come soon.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
      • * Destiny Supporter
      • SKidata life.
      « Reply #196 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 09:15:37 »
      GMK Raindrop?

Mhm, it came as part of the sampler kit I requested. I've got lots of ideas for GMK GBs.  ;) Don't want to derail the thread anymore, so IC ideas will come soon.

Looking forward to it. As another fellow BC person, I don't mind helping out if you need assistance.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
      • IV
        • Gray Designs
      « Reply #197 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 10:49:58 »
      Uhhhhh how the hell do I buy this? These are the EXACT keys missing from my g80 set.. I'm 100% interested. Please for the love of God no windows 8 logos... I may go for a full set with ISO. Forsure 1.25 more 1.75 right shift, center stem caps, and 6.25 spacebar.

Offline tuantruong

I'm interested as well, especially with that 1.75x shift, could we add a windowed capslock?

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
      WHatever happened to talk of a full classic beige set? Still holding out hope it will happen.