Author Topic: [Giveaway - on hold] Bros (and more!) for being a bro - third winner announced!  (Read 34620 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: [Giveaway] Bros for being a bro
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 17:04:11 »
I nominate Hipsterpunk for being a ballercapbro. Outside of the whole "I give you money" thing, he's always a super nice guy and doesn't hesitate to surprise you with goodies :D
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Glissant

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 17:44:31 »
I don't like to prattle on, so writing stories isn't my strong suit, but I would still like to nominate a couple of people if that's alright.

I nominate tjcaustin for being one of many bros that have been there for the community and me both.
He's a great person with lots of heart that deserves all the praise he can get.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 17:51:24 »
I would also like to nominate Bro Caps for contributing to the madness of Geekhack in a major way.
Being a creator must take a lot of time, and if you add a kid and a woman into that mix it's almost incredible that he has the time to be a friend to a person that he has never even met.
I appreciate Bro Caps a whole lot for being there when I need a laugh.
Thanks, bro!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 17:53:38 »
I would also like to nominate Bro Caps for contributing to the madness of Geekhack in a major way.
Being a creator must take a lot of time, and if you add a kid and a woman into that mix it's almost incredible that he has the time to be a friend to a person that he has never even met.
I appreciate Bro Caps a whole lot for being there when I need a laugh.
Thanks, bro!

That makes 2 for Bro Caps. LET HIM WIN
I love Elzy

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 18:26:32 »
I support this Bros 4 Bros. And would like to contribute to the cause...

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 18:29:57 »
O.M.G.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Permeability

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 18:30:22 »
just wet myself..
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 18:30:46 »
dustinhxc
binge
nubbinator
hipsterpunk
tarzan
dodgy
and that's just the people I can quickly come up with.of the top of my head. ;D
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:02:14 by Vibex »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 18:36:15 »
I support this Bros 4 Bros. And would like to contribute to the cause...

Show Image

OH GOD THAT'S BEAUTIFUL
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Glissant

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 18:37:07 »
BunnyLake is my third nominee, and this time it's a nomination for a person that has been an extremely giving person to the community and the people in it.
He has shown that even when times are hard you don't forget to be a good person to other people.
Bunny has contributed in many ways, so I would suggest you take a minute to get to know him when you can. I am hoping to get to know Bunny more and more as time goes by.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 18:39:58 »
dustinxhc
binge
nubbinator
hipsterpunk
tarzan
dodgy

Awe thanks Bro! :)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 18:42:51 »
I am completely blown away by all the "bromance". You guys are just too much. Thank you.

I'm going to nominate CPTBadAss because of all his hard work with the Simple Questions thread. Never in a million years would I have undertaken such a monumental thread and yet he did and continues to help bros -- newbies and veterans alike -- everyday. He is, in my opinion, the poster bro for geekhack bros.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 May 2014, 18:44:34 by mashby »

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 18:50:41 »
dustinxhc
binge
nubbinator
hipsterpunk
tarzan
dodgy

STORY PLZ
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Permeability

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 18:51:12 »
I nominate tjcaustin.

I recently made a order to MiMiC cables, and tj sent me the wrong color by accident. He said he get the color I wanted from his distributor, and send me a new one. I forgot about it and never responded, but today a new cable with the right color showed up in my mail. It was awesome that he remembered, and I am grateful for his service.
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 18:52:11 »
I also want to nominate nubbinator.

He's truly community-driven.  1 2 3

He creates some SERIOUSLY awesome stuff. 1 2

Oh, he also makes guides on how you can make stuff like this yourself. 1 2

Above all though.. he's an incredibly nice guy. He's always willing to help anyone in any way he can.
github

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:01:18 »
dustinxhc
binge
nubbinator
hipsterpunk
tarzan
dodgy

Awe thanks Bro! :)
;D

dustinxhc
binge
nubbinator
hipsterpunk
tarzan
dodgy

STORY PLZ

I'll post some of them when I pet home. I hate typing on phones!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:04:28 »
Once upon a thread, there was this guy called SpAmRaY that read the first post, included a story and separated his nominations.
Therefore I'd like to nominate him.

Well the rules said one entry per post :D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:09:24 »
I've got a few nominations.  Some have already been nominated, some have not.  I know the rules say one entry per post, but...well...I'm just going to blatantly break the rules.  Sorry dudes.

• CPTBadAss - What a bro.  From ice cream to pokemon to just partying down, this guy knows what's up.  He's a true bro's bro.
  • Binge's (soon to be) Mrs. (and Binge too, I guess :P ) - As another cap crafter, Binge puts in a ton of time and effort, but so does his fiancee.  I don't know how she puts up with it, but she deserves a bro-prize for it.
  • The One True GirlShark HalverBro - I'm lucky enough to have met this man among men, and let me tell you.  He's a bro.  You'll never have a party like a HalverBro Party.
  • IvanIvanovich - Another guy I've met in person, and he's really as cool in person as you'd think he would be.  So many GBs are accomplished thanks to his efforts, and he knows how to hang out and chill to some nice tunes with a beer.  Dude's a bro.
  • jdcarpe - So incredibly generous, I can't even believe it.  Seriously, thank you so much jd.  :)  You're a real bro.

And of course, I second so many (all?) of the other nominations.  We've got a lot of bros on this forum, and it's awesome.

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:12:06 »
Awesome idea for a give away -- good luck and well done to all those nominated!
Daily Drivers:  Unicomp Customizer (BS -- Linux Layout) | Vortex Race 3 (Clears)
Other Boards: CM Quickfire Stealth (Greens) | Poker II (Blues) | PLU-ML 87 (Ergo Clears)  | JD40 (Browns) | Leopold FC660C (Topre) | IBM Model M | ErgoDox (Clears) | Sentraq s60x DIY (Blacks) | Anne Pro 2 (Blues) | Cherry G80-11900 (Blacks) | Kira (99 Key) (Hako True)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:12:22 »
I know the rules say one entry per post, but...well...I'm just going to blatantly break the rules.  Sorry dudes.

jk you're still a bro

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:15:10 »
Oh, and two more.  The coordinators of this awesome giveaway.

riotonthebay has helped me a huuuge amount, being a real stand-up guy and helping me secure something I've looked long and hard for, so he deserves much respect for that.  Also, just being a cool guy around the forum.

And then there's bunnylake.  Where to even begin.  The guy has run more giveaways than I care to keep track of, and I've benefited from one in the past.  Bunny hooked me up with some V1 Raindrop (when there only was one V), which was not an easy task.  So many thanks to him for his generosity, and for organizing so many great GBs and just being a bro in general. 

Thanks bros!  Whoever these go to will surely appreciate it.  I know I do.   :thumb:

(breakin da rules again!)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:16:48 »
Rules are made to be broken, bro!
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:17:15 »
I nominate CPTBadAss because he's an ALPs hipster, keeper of the faith, IRC buddy and metal fan \m/,
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:19:54 »
I would like to nominate jdcarpe.

He has been very helpful and kind to me.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:24:08 »
I nominate bunnylake.

Always so generous and selfless. He does so much for the community and does not get the credit he deserves (IMO).

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:25:40 »
I'll put up more entries later when I'm not working on homework but I would like to thank all of you who have mentioned me. Thank you for your kind words, really. I love all of you almost as much as I love ice cream :P.

Also that Magma picture meant that I'm now holding an umbrella over my Kingsaver to shield it from my drool waterfall.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:32:29 »
I nominate Soarer for his sweet converter code.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:32:36 »
I nominate melvang.

For someone who works as hard as he does IRL, he is a true bro for coming through for the community. My panavise is beautiful and he fit in a lot of that work while being super busy. Even with how busy he is with his current gb and RL, he is building a custom item for me. Truly solid bro.

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:47:27 »
I would like to nominate nubbinator.

He has wss very helpful when he was making me a 60% case, putting up with my random requests/questions and being very patient.

I have also noticed his generosity on geekhack to others.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 19:47:38 »
I nominate Davkol because he hates the term ergonomic when it's used in lieu of right handed mouse and that's always cracks me up  :p
He also helped me alot when I was a newer member.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:19:33 »
What a great giveaway.

I'd like to nominate Naasfu-bro as a Comrade-bro-in-arms simply because I enjoy talking about this hobby with him a lot. I have about 400 PMs and I think his PM probably dominated more than half of it. He's very open to share his views and I could see he spent a lot of time to write. But most importantly, his passion for all things Bro and Clacks is very contagious. His photos of his Clack collection are like some voodoo magic that brings out the lust inside me to seek out more Bros and Clacks. I may be blinded by all these beauties but Naasfu always smack me back to reality (ie I need to watch my spending). So, while he may be the devil that lure me with his photos, he's also the angel that talk sense back into me. Which is why he's the Comrade Bro whom I can depend on and whom I trust who will talk sense into me!

My second nominee is TheBinary for his sudden out-of-this-world generosity and offer to help me out with my collection. He doesn't need to do so, me being a noob and newbie but he did so and that was like having a King of CC collection suddenly bestowing a kindness to a peasant and along the way got to know each other more and I find that he's a really honorable man that stood by his words and have a very strong code of conduct. He may have some challenges he's facing but he has a very positive mindset and I learned a lot from him on being positive with to our outlook in life. Besides, he needs to grow his Bro collection, so this is a good time as ever! :)

My third nominee is atlas because he's my therapy Bro. Usually we both missed on the sales dibs and we would cry on each other shoulder and generally encourage each other to not give up. Sounds cheesy but that's what your therapy pal is for. Otherwise it's the end of te world, as I know it. And now that I have somehow missed the Magarita clack dibs, I need to seek out my friend atlas for therapy again.

(Typed all these on a phone and hope it doesn't double post. But these 3 right here, are the bros of all bros!)

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:35:21 »
I nominate Soarer for his sweet converter code.

I agree with this one. Soarer's converter is a true gift that let's me use my models F everyday. And not only did he make it and gave it to us to use for free, but he is also helping us all n00bs trying to make it work while we all do the same basics mistakes.

Model F for life, Soarer for Prez-Bro!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:35:44 »
I nominate Bro Caps.... wait

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:36:23 »
Bro Caps is gonna be so sad when we send all his caps back to him :( He's gonna think we don't like 'em…

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:49:29 »
I nominate Meeba (aka Funkymeeba)

He's a super stand up guy, doesn't post a lot on the actual forum but is an amazing friend. He can always bring a smile to my face on the #geekhack channel, makes the stunning dsa meebcaps (and some really funky tunes), and is just a friendly overall guy. Not enough people know him, and more should get to know him.

I also nominate Tinnie

He's a solid bro and is the official #2 cherry expert ;)
He's helped me find a lot of stuff that I've wanted and is probably one of the funniest people I've met online. Not a lot of people know him well, and sometimes people try to bash his reputation, but he's an honest bro, and deserves the best.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:50:18 »
Story time!
dustinhxc: If I can only pick one person, it would be dustin. He's just been an awesome overall guy. He's certantly someone I wouldn't mind grabbing a drink with at some point, not that I can legally drink, but thats beside the point.
binge: Was the first keycap creator to send me any review caps, and for that I am forever thankful. I feel it really allowed me to improve my reviewing skills. Thaks again Binge! ;D
nubbinator: No real story, just an awesome all around guy. But I'm sure you all know that already. :))
hipsterpunk: HP is just another awesome dude. A fun person to chat with, and another person I think would be really fun to just hang out with.
tarzan: Haven't really talked to him all that much, but he seems like a really nice dude, and I can't wait to build a full keyboard with the Skidata case and PCB he sent me! :p
dodgy: A really cool keycap creator. It turns out we both live/lived in the same general area, and I found that quite awesome! Also very accepting of the criticism I gave in my review of his caps, and I can't wait to see what he does next!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:55:02 »
Another nomination!  This time I follow the rules and post just one.

PhoBro - Photek is brilliantly talented, and a really cool guy.  I think we all know about the case he designed and had machined, which is stellar.  Then there are the brass keycaps that he designed and produced, of which he let me in on the pilot run, which was awesome.  :)  Thanks Pho.

Also, he really loves Gee.  And he linked the song in the What are you listening to thread, which got me utterly hooked on the song.  Ever since then, I have been slowly but surely returning the favour.  ;)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:57:48 »
SLOWLY BUT SURELY, HOFF.

S͉̮̪̓̓̅̍͛͋ͮ̊͜L̔͌̔̎͏͍̩Oͮ̀͂̑͌̚͏̹͖̖W̧̖̞̜̪̩̙͓̫͔̍̉̍͆̊L͍̮͕̲͓̂͒͊͗ͨY̷̛̦̙̻͚̦̦͇͚ͦ̋ͥ͗̌̄ͫ͝ ̴̤̙͖̝̅̓͋ͪB̭̆ͫ̄̃͌̾̉̐U̮̱̥͎͕͑̊͊͢T̜̤̗̬̳͖ͨ ̵̝̳̭̦̈ͬ͒̑̾ͨͥ͌S̀͐͑ͯ̚͞͏̱̗̕Ūͭͦ̈́̓̆̒͜͏̪͍̗͖R̫̙̤͗̀ͫͣ̓ͩ̀͝E̔̅ͣͦͮ̆͏̻̖͕L̲̝͔ͪ̐̈́͌ͥ̅ͤ̕͢Y̗͇̰̬̝͎ͧ̋̔͐͑́́̚͡ͅ
github

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:58:15 »
I nominate SpAmRaY as a Supreme SpamBro.

SpAmRaY always seems to be on the forum, and always has something positive, humourous or informative to add to discussions.  I have seen him posting regularly in the Simple Questions thread, with simple answers to people's questions.  He also PMed to enquire after me during my recent absence - thanks bro!  He doesn't seem to be afraid to try new keyboards, and this has resulted in a wealth of comparative information that he can provide on GH.

Go 10k-bro!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:10:51 »
This giveaway needs more *stories*. So I nominate mkawa.

Last year around October, mkawa welcomed me into his home when I decided that I would travel with dorkvader on a cross country, Geekhack related roadtrip. He let me break stuff on Smallfry, his Makerbot 3D printer. I designed a solder spool on kawa keyboard. We figured out the best way to lube my Epsilon. But best of all? We had a moment at the Japanese market. I was SO CRAVING ice cream since it was like...75 and sunny that day. We're shopping for snacks at the market near his place. So I'm like man...I want this green tea ice cream.

Ming gets excited.

I don't think you guys understand what it's like when Ming's excited. When he's happy, I get jealous because I watch him and I realize I'll never be as excited and happy as he is in that exact moment. It's like distilled giddiness was poured into his cereal. He got excited and was like NO. WE'RE GETTING THIS SHAVED ICE CREAM. My brain melts and I'm like, wtf is shaved ice cream. We walkrun across the street, and I get this magical concoction:

2013-10-15 14.56.40 by CaptainBadass, on Flickr]

Shaved ice cream from Blockheads. On the left is this black sesame sundae and on the right is this green tea and red bean ice cream. So mkawa bought my loyalty and love for the price of one of these ice creams. You're awesome mkawa :D.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:12:50 »
There are beans in that.  Beans aren't for ice cream, stop it.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:14:51 »

Ice cream that makes you fart...interesting.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:17:07 »
Related to my previous post, I nominate dorkvader.

We're in LA and we had just gotten out of basic training in his new car. By basic training, I mean we were doing laps in the parking lot of this mental health services building, trying to figure out how to drive a stick again. We know that mkawa had put a lot of work into the Integra but dorkvader didn't get the chance to open it up.

We start heading back to mkawa's apartment. Dorkvader and I are following mkawa and demik in a little convoy. Mkawa and demik get on the highway ramp and just ****ing PUNCH IT. So of course, dorkvader gets all excited and just floors the Integra. All of a sudden we crest a hill and the traffic is at a dead stop so we're going like 75 to 0 in maybe 100 feet? Or maybe that's what it felt like...anyways, we had to stop dead short. Actually demik told us later he thought we were going to rear end him and said aloud, "Welp, time for a new car" when he saw us barreling down the highway behind him. That whole scene was a clip from the Fast and the Furious movies.

Thank you for not killing me dorkvader. And for bolt modding my SSK...and for letting me accompany you on an amazing trip. Oh and for starting the Geehack Kendama team with me.

Perfect, the beans deter you from eating my delicious ice cream. A treat and deterrent in the same bowl. Mission accomplished.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:17:13 »
SpAmRaY always seems to be on the forum, and always has something positive, humourous or informative to add to discussions.

Checks out.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:18:49 »
SpAmRaY always seems to be on the forum, and always has something positive, humourous or informative to add to discussions.

Checks out.

Best Geekhack moment of 2014 right there folks^
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:19:28 »

Checks out.

I'd put that in my sig but I'm out of room.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:20:20 »
This giveaway needs more *stories*. So I nominate mkawa.

Last year around October, mkawa welcomed me into his home when I decided that I would travel with dorkvader on a cross country, Geekhack related roadtrip. He let me break stuff on Smallfry, his Makerbot 3D printer. I designed a solder spool on kawa keyboard. We figured out the best way to lube my Epsilon. But best of all? We had a moment at the Japanese market. I was SO CRAVING ice cream since it was like...75 and sunny that day. We're shopping for snacks at the market near his place. So I'm like man...I want this green tea ice cream.

Ming gets excited.

I don't think you guys understand what it's like when Ming's excited. When he's happy, I get jealous because I watch him and I realize I'll never be as excited and happy as he is in that exact moment. It's like distilled giddiness was poured into his cereal. He got excited and was like NO. WE'RE GETTING THIS SHAVED ICE CREAM. My brain melts and I'm like, wtf is shaved ice cream. We walkrun across the street, and I get this magical concoction:

Show Image

2013-10-15 14.56.40 by CaptainBadass, on Flickr]

Shaved ice cream from Blockheads. On the left is this black sesame sundae and on the right is this green tea and red bean ice cream. So mkawa bought my loyalty and love for the price of one of these ice creams. You're awesome mkawa :D.

This story brings a tear to my eyes.  I'm a sucker for a good ice cream love story.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:24:25 »
I nominate Halverson.

Halverson and Smallfry were probably the two nicest people to me when I first started. I kept going back to them for their knowledge bombs and because they were friendly. Plus I thought Girlshark was a lady and well...you know (just kidding). We talk quite often on Whatsapp and Girlshark recently visited me.

We're riding around in the car (Wow, I have a lot of car stories...) and he had changed the Sirius radio station from CBC to Hip Hop Nation. Now the whole weekend, most every rap song that came on, Halverson would do a car dance and say, "I'm riding spinners, I'm riding spinners". All of a sudden, the Three 6 Mafia song actually comes on.

All of a sudden, he starts doing this dance where he let's go of the steering wheel, puts his hands behind his head, and flaps his elbows. I think that was the happiest he was all weekend. Hearing a song he had been referencing all weekend. And I'm laughing so hard I'm about crying. He explains to me there's some spoof video where a LoL character is dancing like that to the same song. So after we yell at him to grab the wheel, we all start dancing like that in the car.

Halverson and I got FUNKY in his car and it was an awesome moment.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:30:12 »
I nominate Halverson.

Halverson and Smallfry were probably the two nicest people to me when I first started. I kept going back to them for their knowledge bombs and because they were friendly. Plus I thought Girlshark was a lady and well...you know (just kidding). We talk quite often on Whatsapp and Girlshark recently visited me.

We're riding around in the car (Wow, I have a lot of car stories...) and he had changed the Sirius radio station from CBC to Hip Hop Nation. Now the whole weekend, most every rap song that came on, Halverson would do a car dance and say, "I'm riding spinners, I'm riding spinners". All of a sudden, the Three 6 Mafia song actually comes on.

All of a sudden, he starts doing this dance where he let's go of the steering wheel, puts his hands behind his head, and flaps his elbows. I think that was the happiest he was all weekend. Hearing a song he had been referencing all weekend. And I'm laughing so hard I'm about crying. He explains to me there's some spoof video where a LoL character is dancing like that to the same song. So after we yell at him to grab the wheel, we all start dancing like that in the car.

Halverson and I got FUNKY in his car and it was an awesome moment.

Another great story.  :)  Halverson is a fun guy to drive with.  :D  Smashing in his lil Cooper, running down potholes in the ole Ontario countryside.  Stopping to pee in the snow on some random side road.  Getting as many samplings of poutine as was humanly possible. 

:thumb:  I approve.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:38:42 »
nuclearsandwich, jocelyn and zenuty.
Me and nuclear have kicked it before, and jocelyn and zenuty were some of my first friends on geekhack.

Nuclear and jocelyn are always looking out for everyone though. They hook everyone up when possible.
Zenuty is hilarious and needs to come back to geekhack!