Author Topic: [Giveaway - on hold] Bros (and more!) for being a bro - third winner announced!  (Read 34666 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: [Giveaway] Bros for being a bro
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:39:36 »
I just realized that's not much of a "Halverson being a bro to me" story....but I enjoyed that moment and wanted to share it  :-X

I nominate Mashby....does that come as a package deal with Hashby too?

I'll tell two mashby stories.

Mashby told me the *best* business idea ever. Turns out that he played a lot of WoW and knows about the gamer culture. We were talking about tech support for some reason when I went to Nashville to meet up with him. The idea is, we need tech support but we need cheap tech support right? Well what kind of people are going to be available for a few hours, sitting at a desk, and able to take a phone call? A hardcore WoW player. Think about it. Give the gamer a phone, let them go on a raid, and tell him they need to answer the phone and follow instructions on how to fix something. If they can't fix it, bump it to level 2. The person who needs tech support gets a reliable person who can answer the phone. The gamer gets to get paid to play WoW. It's a perfect plan!

Last year, mashby drove me to Keycon. On the way home we were a little tired and there was quite a long drive ahead. So we're just talking and we start talking about TV shows we like. I discover mashby is really into Firefly. I'm not sure I'm that into it so he spent a while talking about it. Actually, he was so excited about Firefly that he missed....two or three exits on the highway trying to convert me into a Browncoat.

I like these stories because I think they remind me of what mashby is like. He get's really excited about something, dives deep into the topic, and tries to spread his love and enthusiasm of that thing. He's inspired me and given me ideas to start projects like the Clack Info Thread.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:41:02 »
Zenuty is hilarious and needs to come back to geekhack!
So true!

Any idea where Jocelyn is? Haven't seen her around in quite a long time.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:50:43 »
I just realized that's not much of a "Halverson being a bro to me" story....but I enjoyed that moment and wanted to share it  :-X

I nominate Mashby....does that come as a package deal with Hashby too?

I'll tell two mashby stories.

Mashby told me the *best* business idea ever. Turns out that he played a lot of WoW and knows about the gamer culture. We were talking about tech support for some reason when I went to Nashville to meet up with him. The idea is, we need tech support but we need cheap tech support right? Well what kind of people are going to be available for a few hours, sitting at a desk, and able to take a phone call? A hardcore WoW player. Think about it. Give the gamer a phone, let them go on a raid, and tell him they need to answer the phone and follow instructions on how to fix something. If they can't fix it, bump it to level 2. The person who needs tech support gets a reliable person who can answer the phone. The gamer gets to get paid to play WoW. It's a perfect plan!

Last year, mashby drove me to Keycon. On the way home we were a little tired and there was quite a long drive ahead. So we're just talking and we start talking about TV shows we like. I discover mashby is really into Firefly. I'm not sure I'm that into it so he spent a while talking about it. Actually, he was so excited about Firefly that he missed....two or three exits on the highway trying to convert me into a Browncoat.

I like these stories because I think they remind me of what mashby is like. He get's really excited about something, dives deep into the topic, and tries to spread his love and enthusiasm of that thing. He's inspired me and given me ideas to start projects like the Clack Info Thread.

Firefly so good!  You should definitely get into it if you haven't already.  I (surprisingly) managed to get my parents hooked on it, and I've actually never met someone who disliked it.  So good.  :)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 21:52:08 »
Some really great submissions – keep 'em coming! :thumb:

I'm heading to bed, but I'm sure there will be some bro movement when we have a chance to talk about submissions tomorrow. ;) ;) ;)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 22:01:16 »
I nominate melvang.

For someone who works as hard as he does IRL, he is a true bro for coming through for the community. My panavise is beautiful and he fit in a lot of that work while being super busy. Even with how busy he is with his current gb and RL, he is building a custom item for me. Truly solid bro.

Thank you for the thoughts swill.

If I had to nominate one person it would be OverKill.  The reason for this was all from one night in the IRC.  I was asking him some questions on his small form factor keyboard, and I asked him to look over the files for my custom board.  Well, turns out he uses the same CAD program I am using for work.  So, he started giving me some tips on how to fix the method I used to build the files.  Long story short he just said screw it, go to this site and punch in this code.

I go to the site and punch in the code.  Turns out I am looking at his desktop with my files on it loaded up in SolidWorks.  I can see his mouse moving around going through menus and can see him asking if I can hear him on my headset.  I can't so he gives me his personal cell phone number on the spot and he gives me a 45 minute to an hour lesson on working in SolidWorks in a way that won't let me accidentally click and drag something to the wrong spot and not know it.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 22:17:04 »
I'd like to propose Metalliqaz.  He's been doing some excellent work for the programmable-keyboard section of the community, and simply put, it's not a name I've seen on the list yet.  I admire his transparency with the various stumbles involving the Qazpad project.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 22:32:22 »
I nominate melvang.

For someone who works as hard as he does IRL, he is a true bro for coming through for the community. My panavise is beautiful and he fit in a lot of that work while being super busy. Even with how busy he is with his current gb and RL, he is building a custom item for me. Truly solid bro.

Thank you for the thoughts swill.

If I had to nominate one person it would be OverKill.  The reason for this was all from one night in the IRC.  I was asking him some questions on his small form factor keyboard, and I asked him to look over the files for my custom board.  Well, turns out he uses the same CAD program I am using for work.  So, he started giving me some tips on how to fix the method I used to build the files.  Long story short he just said screw it, go to this site and punch in this code.

I go to the site and punch in the code.  Turns out I am looking at his desktop with my files on it loaded up in SolidWorks.  I can see his mouse moving around going through menus and can see him asking if I can hear him on my headset.  I can't so he gives me his personal cell phone number on the spot and he gives me a 45 minute to an hour lesson on working in SolidWorks in a way that won't let me accidentally click and drag something to the wrong spot and not know it.

Nice...  I have never really gotten my head around SolidWorks.  So many options and keyboard shortcuts.  I just have not spent the time to learn it the way I should.  I had to build plans for the city for some renos, so I got pretty good with sketchup doing that...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 01:35:56 »
I guess if I were to nominate anyone it would be Bunnylake (totoro!). Probably one of the most selfless and generous peeps on GH

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 01:43:29 »
i nominate jwaz.

why, i met him as JesusWasAZombie. we all live and learn and eventually he came around to the side of things where we take brevity a little more seriously. one time i almost ate a cheeseburger with him but i chickened out at the last minute and had a grilled cheese (animal style) instead. actually that probably happened 4 times. anyways i nominate jwaz because he told me he'd give me 10 green darth vader clacks with red eyes if he won. and for being a voice of reason in this godforsaken place. but mostly the vaders.

also CPTBadAss -- many tech support departments pretty much already work like this. the ability to get away with it is what weeds out the chumps from the marathon 8-hour shift CS players. but in the end, we're all chumps in support.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 May 2014, 02:23:45 by sth »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 03:37:02 »
I nominate Photeqk!
At such a young age, he has a very grown up way of thinking, is very capable and has a lot of knowledge. He also fell asleep before the 420 sale and i felt so sorry for him, as we drove on the same hype train that day.
On top of everything, he's also a very nice guy!

My second nomination would be Tym, with whom i played some dota. He put up with some of my rage and was really friendly and reasonable.

I would nominate more, but i really am a bit new to GH, and I don't know a lot of people. But for a friendly community that is GH, I'm sure that it would be sooooo hard to decide if i knew more people :thumb:
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline feizor

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 04:21:16 »
I nominate epzy for being such a helpful bro, he's always answering my random questions.

I also nominate hipsterpunks as hipster bro. His art work is awesome and he's a mega friendly guy!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 04:48:52 »
So, I just realize that one nomination per post. I nominated 3 bros in one post. Should I edit and resubmit? I wouldn't want my supreme bros to miss out their bros due to my carelessness in following rules!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 04:53:54 »
Thanks for the kind words, boys! <3
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 06:12:35 »
My second nomination would be Tym, with whom i played some dota. He put up with some of my rage and was really friendly and reasonable.
:-*
We'll have to play again some time, I enjoyed it, although we should play without Slobish, mainly because I would rather have had a potato on our team :))
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 06:22:55 »
Another nomineewould be CPTBadass.
Being the captain of the twerk team deserves ten nominations, but alas, I'm only allowed one.
You rock, Anson!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 06:36:28 »
So, I just realize that one nomination per post. I nominated 3 bros in one post. Should I edit and resubmit? I wouldn't want my supreme bros to miss out their bros due to my carelessness in following rules!

It's all good :)

MOAR STORIES
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 May 2014, 07:32:40 by riotonthebay »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 07:55:26 »
I would like to nominate SpAmRaY  he was the first person that said hello to me when I first joined, and lets face it he's a lovely person he also helps a lot and I don't know I just wanna hug him (Free hugs for Bro's too :p) and he is always there ready to be the first post of a thread because he's a flipping ninja but I just think he's a great person.

Honorable mentions
Bunnylake - This persons a star running all the groupbuys and stuff  (And putting up with all my questions and order addons ;x )( Extend this to the entire Ctrl Alt team you're all Stars in my book)
HoffmanMyster - Nice fellow just a nice person to have on the forum
Sifo - Cause I don't know you're pretty coolio
Tp4tissue - He seems nice enough when not going crazy but the forum wouldn't be the same without you
Demik - Nice person don't know what I would do without you're lets say down to earth attitude
Nubbinator - lovely person and didn't go crazy with all the question I asked ;p
Brocaps - He has no Bros because he has to give his babies away :( Plus he's a funny person and because of him I always think of the jimmes rustled :x

Possibly lots of others but I love you all okay hugs for everyone :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline iri

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:02:10 »
this thread looks to me like a bunch of geekhackers doing squat in a circle while jerking each other off.

anyways, i nominate tp4tissue.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:05:25 »
this thread looks to me like a bunch of geekhackers doing squat in a circle while jerking each other off.

And you want to be part of it as we can see  :p
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:13:50 »
Sounds like you're jealous? :))
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline iri

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:16:04 »

i don't know how you came to this conclusion. even though it's easy to imagine me naked.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:24:32 »
I hereby nominate ApocalypseMaow.

The GH60 project is an excellent community project and is what made me stop just lurking and register as a user (now I'm mostly a lurker with the ability to post) . I've been following the GB for a bit over a year and watched it progress, and like everybody else how is participating in this GB, I'm really looking forward to the end of it. This huge undertaking is handled by only a handful of dedicated community members who offer up their spare time for the rest of us. When the project started to look like it had stagnated a lot of people raised their voices in discontent for the lack of progress. Some people might just not have known what they signed up for when they joined a community driven project, and some people just like to see the world burn. But one man/bro stepped up and took time out out of his life to have all the plates for the boards manufactured and helping to get this ship back on course.

Give a bro a bro.

Would like the end with also expressing gratitude towards the rest of the GH60 crew and it seems like all of them deservedly have been nominated by others. 

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 10:57:00 »
There's a few people who come to my mind:
  • CPTBadAss - I would call him my role model when I joined GH. Super kind guy who likes to help everybody. He knows a lot even though he is so new.
  • nubbinator - for making awesome, creepy and sometimes derpy keycaps! He also sent me some caps in colours I chose for free - thanks again!
  • Binge - another capcrafter who I think puts a lot of passion into his keycaps and makes them super detailed. I watched him stream crafting caps once and it was awesome :thumb:
  • mkawa - for his huge knowledge about lube and generally technical stuff. He can explain anything really well and really detailed.
  • Photekq - Cherry enthusiast is really fitting I think. His collection seems to grow everyday and I hope this trend continues :D
  • epzy - good guy who somehow really had a rocket start with keyboards! You rarely see someone who gets into this hobby this much this quick.

Probably forgot some :-X

Offline Folio

• I'm a nice guy.
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 11:24:21 »
There's a few people who come to my mind:
  • CPTBadAss - I would call him my role model when I joined GH. Super kind guy who likes to help everybody. He knows a lot even though he is so new.
  • nubbinator - for making awesome, creepy and sometimes derpy keycaps! He also sent me some caps in colours I chose for free - thanks again!
  • Binge - another capcrafter who I think puts a lot of passion into his keycaps and makes them super detailed. I watched him stream crafting caps once and it was awesome :thumb:
  • mkawa - for his huge knowledge about lube and generally technical stuff. He can explain anything really well and really detailed.
  • Photekq - Cherry enthusiast is really fitting I think. His collection seems to grow everyday and I hope this trend continues :D
  • epzy - good guy who somehow really had a rocket start with keyboards! You rarely see someone who gets into this hobby this much this quick.

Probably forgot some :-X

I nominate BlueBar because his tutes are pretty good and he doesn't even afraid of anything.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:33:33 »
I hereby nominate ApocalypseMaow.

The GH60 project is an excellent community project and is what made me stop just lurking and register as a user (now I'm mostly a lurker with the ability to post) . I've been following the GB for a bit over a year and watched it progress, and like everybody else how is participating in this GB, I'm really looking forward to the end of it. This huge undertaking is handled by only a handful of dedicated community members who offer up their spare time for the rest of us. When the project started to look like it had stagnated a lot of people raised their voices in discontent for the lack of progress. Some people might just not have known what they signed up for when they joined a community driven project, and some people just like to see the world burn. But one man/bro stepped up and took time out out of his life to have all the plates for the boards manufactured and helping to get this ship back on course.

Give a bro a bro.

ApocalypseMaow is hereby inducted into the Brohall of Fame.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [Giveaway] Bros for being a bro - FIRST WINNER ANNOUNCED!
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:47:01 »
GRATS BRO
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:47:37 »
Congrats ApocalypseMaow! Well deserved :thumb:

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:50:03 »
To be clear, we have enough bros for 5 bros at the moment, and Apocalypse is just the first. Keep those stories coming, and thanks for participating!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:50:22 »
Congrats to our bro, ApocalypseMaow. Well deserved.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:51:03 »
Congratulations!
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:55:36 »
Congrats! Awesome Brobot  :thumb:

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 17:20:28 »
Great selection for the first Bro. Very much deserved.  :thumb:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 17:26:40 »
I NOMINATE MISSALAIRE FOR ALL THE GR8 FINDS
I love Elzy

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 18:38:45 »
I nominate ClickClack.

Maybe then he'll send me one of his.   :))

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 18:41:04 »
I'm going to nominate Mashby because without him I would never have gotten a geekhack keycon 2013 name badge.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline geniekid

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 19:18:07 »
I nominate mkawa.  No real story - he's just my go-to for advice on soldering, desoldering, painting, fashion advice, dietary concerns, movie recommendations, tailoring suggestions, and so on.  Always helpful!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 19:18:50 »
I NOMINATE MISSALAIRE FOR ALL THE GR8 FINDS

Seconded
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline geniekid

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 19:21:32 »
I also nominate MOZ, just because I don't think he's been mentioned yet.  I've never interacted with him personally (other than to buy PCBs from him), but it seems like he's always designing something cool and giving it to the community.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 20:05:53 »
I nominate Jocelyn.  Life is crazy for her right now, but she's always been awesome.  When I was but a baby keyboard lover, she was beyond patient with me and we had some great conversations.  She helped me learn a ton about keyboards and was always incredibly supportive of my different experiments  and things I played around with.  She also gave me my first Clack for free as part of the Secret Santa.  If she isn't the definition of a supportive bro, I don't know who is.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 20:09:58 »
I nominate BadWrench.  Not only is he a cool guy on here, but he's a total bro in real life.  He and I grabbed beers around my birthday and talked about beer, life and, since we met on here, marginally about keyboards.  He's also such a bro that he picked up a TA typewriter with dyesubs on it for me, drove up from San Diego to Orange County, and dropped it off at my place of work.  Sure, he was going to Microcenter which was nearby, but he picked it up from way down south and dropped it off with me at work.  That is a total bro move. 

In general though, he brings a positive feeling to the community. He's a patient guy who really just loves to help people out when he can is always willing to throw out some positive words to people.  He definitely helps make it feel like more of a community.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 20:15:12 »
I nominate SpamRowdy (SpamRay/Rowdy).  Between the two of them, I think they have something like 25% of all geekhack posts.  And I'm only slightly joking about that percentage.  I don't know how they post so much, but they're always here making the new people feel welcome and like they're part of the community, even when they ask questions that most of us would view as stupid.  After all, we know everything and never ask stupid questions or do stupid things after two to three months on here, right?  Seriously though, they are a force to be reckoned with in sheer magnitude of posts.  Sure, there is a lot of spam, but there is also a lot of good content, friendly posts, helpful posts, and just all around making it feel like a smaller place...which is a good thing.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 20:22:19 »
My last one for now. I'm sure I'll think of more later.  I'd nominate mkawa, but I think he already got a broment when I spent over an hour sawing a piece of carbon steel for him by hand only to have him tell me he found a Dremel with some bits that would work right as I was about to leave.

I nominate Hipsterpunks.  He's an all around cool guy and just a positive happy person. He and I have just talked and chatted about random things.  A fair amount of conversation about cap making, but also just random discussions about life and keyboards.  He's just such a positive and happy guy that it's hard not to love him, like you would seriously have to be a bitter wreck of a human to hate him. 

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 20:29:43 »

i don't know how you came to this conclusion. even though it's easy to imagine me naked.

I nominate iri for this provactive, thought-engaging dialogue.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 21:06:18 »
I would like to nominate jolonnar.

Such great work even though she (I think) is busy with school. I have only ever seen above and beyond work from her and she offers great service. 

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 21:09:03 »
I would like to nominate fohat.digs cause he's a super kind guy that has helped a lot of geekhackers seeing the light of BS and giving tips on how to use ebay :)
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 21:19:00 »
I nominate codyeatworld as he was my first IRL friend to come from GeekHack. Not only did he answer n00b questions over skype that I was too embarrassed to ask in threads but he even gave me a ride to my first KiiBohd meetup when neither of us had the foggiest idea how to get the other to somewhere we both could meet. We ended up being rather late and still had a blast. <3

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 22:56:27 »
I would also like to nominate SpAmRaY! The man is definitely one of our most active members and is a huge part in our community. You can always count on him to give great feedback while also making all the members feel part of something real. I know that he definitely has shown me acts of kindness even though he didn't have to. I really hope he receives a bro because he's a great bro :)

edit: just realized a rule is to make each nomination in different posts! Changing.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 May 2014, 00:57:33 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 23:34:44 »
I nominate Nubbinator.  This man has helped so many people here with both tutorials and general info.  He is always willing to lend a hand or help out.  In addition, he always has a snappy retort to almost every good post.  On top of all this, he is an encyclopedia of beer knowledge. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 23:38:31 »
I nominate SpAmRaY.  Ray is so involved with this community.  He is always there to answer any question that is asked.  On top of that, he is always going the extra mile with giveaways and making people feel involved. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 00:45:04 »
Id like to nominate Vespersaint, Photeq, and Dubsgalore. Because i love those dudes. And i know you all do too.   :D
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)