Author Topic: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [ALL SHIPPED >> REFUND ISSUE]  (Read 1185771 times)

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
Re: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy (Re-Invoiced)
« Reply #800 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 19:50:42 »
What good are Taihao doing themselves by rushing us?  They stand to not earn a lot of money if this GB doesn't go through...

I think that Taihao is doing us a favor more than themselves - I would imagine that we are not a terribly huge part of their consumer base (I would imagine that retailers buy their products in much larger quantities).

On a kind of related note, paid [a while back too, just never had the chance to post because I was in China].

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #801 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 21:39:05 »
What good are Taihao doing themselves by rushing us?  They stand to not earn a lot of money if this GB doesn't go through...

If no one has noticed Taihao has begun selling these caps through quite a few resellers so they probably have much larger orders to deal with.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #802 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 21:44:23 »

If no one has noticed Taihao has begun selling these caps through quite a few resellers so they probably have much larger orders to deal with.

True.  I didn't realize until just a few hours ago that their caps are on Originative.

Anyway, we really need to get people to start paying.  It's been more than a week and we're already being pressured...
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 July 2014, 21:46:12 by RaVNzCRoFT »
<<< Click to view

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #803 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 22:11:19 »

True.  I didn't realize until just a few hours ago that their caps are on Originative.

Anyway, we really need to get people to start paying.  It's been more than a week and we're already being pressured...

Well, I'm not telling anyone how to run their own group buy, because that's none of my business. But when I collect payments in my group buys, I always allow at least two to three weeks to allow for people's different paycheck schedules to hit. Some people need that next paycheck to hit before they can comfortably make a payment for a hobby purchase.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #804 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 22:15:57 »

Well, I'm not telling anyone how to run their own group buy, because that's none of my business. But when I collect payments in my group buys, I always allow at least two to three weeks to allow for people's different paycheck schedules to hit. Some people need that next paycheck to hit before they can comfortably make a payment for a hobby purchase.

This was kind of unforeseen though - I certainly didn't imagine that TaiHao would be rushing payment a week after order confirmations. Nothing we can do but hope that people pay in time and the GB goes through  :rolleyes:

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #805 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 22:31:44 »

This was kind of unforeseen though - I certainly didn't imagine that TaiHao would be rushing payment a week after order confirmations. Nothing we can do but hope that people pay in time and the GB goes through  :rolleyes:

Yes, and if you refer to the first page of this thread, I've set a two-week payment period as well.

Taihao's reason, says in the email, is that they have to start manufacturing together with some other orders.

That is, they're not going to turn on the machines and order the raw materials just for a few hundred ANSI sets and Add-ons.

And the spreadsheet is to confirm order with me, not with taihao.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 July 2014, 22:51:20 by GhostofHarry »

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #806 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 22:43:45 »
Ah, makes sense.  You've done a great job running this group buy thus far so I have no reason to doubt your judgment.  Thanks so much for doing this! :)
<<< Click to view

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #807 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 22:52:22 »
Ah, makes sense.  You've done a great job running this group buy thus far so I have no reason to doubt your judgment.  Thanks so much for doing this! :)

Thx bro. But I shouldn't take all the credits.

This groupbuy cant happen without everyone's enthusiastic support and cooperation  :thumb:

Offline augustoitapoa

« Reply #808 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 23:28:42 »
Paid! My first group buy Yay So excited  :thumb:

Offline slinky23

« Reply #809 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 23:51:13 »
Sent payment!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #810 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 03:03:34 »
Yes, and if you refer to the first page of this thread, I've set a two-week payment period as well.

Taihao's reason, says in the email, is that they have to start manufacturing together with some other orders.

That is, they're not going to turn on the machines and order the raw materials just for a few hundred ANSI sets and Add-ons.

And the spreadsheet is to confirm order with me, not with taihao.

Makes perfect sense!

C'mon people - pay! :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #811 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 13:56:45 »
Hey everyone, just to clarify.

I do not mean to put pressure on anyone. Just that I had received an email from taihao and I felt I had to share the info with all of you.

It seems that I may have stirred up a storm and made some people anxious  :eek: - which I never meant to.

I totally understand that everyone has his/her own pay check schedule. I will give one - two more weeks to collect payments.

To those who have PM-ed me to ask if they can pay by XXXX, yes, we can wait ;)

no pressure everyone!

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #812 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 15:16:20 »
Coordinating a group buy is hard work and stressful. Thanks for putting this together for us.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #813 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 15:54:59 »
no worries Harry we know you cool, I'm sure everyone will paid up pretty soon.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline iloveucla

« Reply #814 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 16:16:32 »
Harry, I suggest you should have a cutoff date for the payment to let everybody know when will e the last day to pay

Offline aatje92

« Reply #815 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 23:55:49 »
Payment coming your way tomorrow, thanks for the patience  :thumb:
Currently using a SteelSeries 6gv2 (black switches) and a Ducky Zero DK2108 (blue switches).

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #816 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 15:06:14 »
Sorry about the delays. Payment will be coming over shortly.

Offline Rockfing

« Reply #817 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 09:21:04 »
paid  :thumb:

Offline Canis-X

« Reply #818 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 09:36:41 »
102 people left to pay from what I see.  Come on ladies and gents let's get them payments in!  :)
CHEERS!!!!

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #819 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 17:16:13 »
If anyone can't pay I'd be interested in taking over the cost of a Dolch set :v

Of course if not, I'll just wait for secondhand

Offline kohi

« Reply #820 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 17:46:45 »
If anyone can't pay I'd be interested in taking over the cost of a Dolch set :v

Of course if not, I'll just wait for secondhand

you can try messaging ghostofharry if you could still place an order? maybe? ;D

Offline KaboomTheory

• Shrek is love, Shrek is life
« Reply #821 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 22:03:51 »
just wondering if theres any way I can still get into the GB? I just want 1 granite set, and i'd pay the invoice as soon as I get it. Unless someone else has an extra spot they don't want.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #822 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 23:59:53 »
just wondering if theres any way I can still get into the GB? I just want 1 granite set, and i'd pay the invoice as soon as I get it. Unless someone else has an extra spot they don't want.

At the rate things are going, if Harry sets a deadline for the invoice and people don't meet it, then he might just give you their spot with a 1 day grace or something...

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
« Reply #823 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 01:06:16 »
Could it be that some of those who have yet to pay actually do not intend to order?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #824 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 01:11:17 »
Could it be that some of those who have yet to pay actually do not intend to order?

More likely that they ordered and then forgot about it (maybe having signed up to GH especially), or ordered and don't have the money.

Although in the latter case this is one of the cheapest keycap sets you can get.  And DS too!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #825 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 18:51:52 »

More likely that they ordered and then forgot about it (maybe having signed up to GH especially), or ordered and don't have the money.

Although in the latter case this is one of the cheapest keycap sets you can get.  And DS too!

Andddd no longer has one of the ugliest windows keys I have ever seen. Seriously, the old TaiHao set's Windows key looks pretty dumb. New molds that TaiHao got are much better.

Offline apathy3cs

• Glorious Leader
  • その目だれの目?
« Reply #826 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 20:24:57 »
after a day fighting with paypal to get my account working - paid.

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
« Reply #827 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 02:41:38 »
Such keycaps. So excite. Wow.
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #828 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 07:20:30 »

YES, I fvcking forgot to pay due to all other payments I made already to other Group Buys here on Geekhack.  Happens when your old and senile  8) .

Just paid all my amount hence lets get this party started already.......

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #829 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 19:08:59 »
Harry, any chance of getting some teaser pics from Taihao once this set has gone into production?

Edit:  I remembered there are pictures in the OP but I suppose the Windows key will be something new.
<<< Click to view

Offline Dragowing193

• Lab Monkey
« Reply #830 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 19:28:16 »
Just Paid!!

Offline mys7ix

« Reply #831 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 02:50:19 »
I'm very new to Geekhack and recently bought some keys off Massdrop. Looking to customize more. I'm looking to get 1 set of dolch/granite keycaps if it's not too late? Can pay any moment once this is confirmed.

Offline mark_thaddeus

« Reply #832 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 21:14:56 »
Payment sent! Now we play the waiting game! =)

Offline cub-uanic

« Reply #833 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 17:33:33 »
Just paid - "you have sent $87.13"

ErgoDox Classic - Stock Clears
Teenesis - Kinesis Advantage powered by Teensy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #834 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 02:51:02 »
Just paid - "you have sent $87.13"

Sounds like a big order :p

Mind you, most other GBs that would be a single set!

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Re: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy (Re-Invoicing)
« Reply #835 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 23:17:46 »
just a public note:

I've informed Harry that I'm willing to be a buyer of last resort and buy 1-2 of each set, any color, at the same group buy price if anybody backs out.

I did not submit an order because I don't need more keycaps. These are just nice to haves for me. My offer is basically to help people if they change their minds, and to prevent the GB organizer from losing money on unpaid sets.

:thumb: Thumbs up to all group buy organizers! As I always say, better you than me. The logistics are immense. I wish you guys all the best!   :thumb:

Everyone

Because some people have failed to pay I am going to step in and be Harry's buyer of last resort and buy up to 4 sets with add-ons that I don't need.

The folks who sign up and back out of invoices - NOT COOL!

Harry: keep calm under pressure! Group buys are full of screwups not under organizer control!
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy (Collecting payments)
« Reply #836 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 23:50:56 »
Is it still planned to follow this up with the the 2nd and 3rd generation colors like like Azure or X on white?

I am asking because I am thinking about ordering the Red on White Tai Hao caps from Massdrop to mix them with my red set from Elton's GB:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/doubleshot-abs-keycaps

It would obviously be more expensive via Massdrop...

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #837 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 02:33:19 »
Is it still planned to follow this up with the the 2nd and 3rd generation colors like like Azure or X on white?

I am asking because I am thinking about ordering the Red on White Tai Hao caps from Massdrop to mix them with my red set from Elton's GB:

I think any subsequent group buys will be dependent on whether the first is successful!
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline smolid

« Reply #838 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 10:05:19 »
Everyone
Because some people have failed to pay I am going to step in and be Harry's buyer of last resort and buy up to 4 sets with add-ons that I don't need.
Harry: keep calm under pressure! Group buys are full of screwups not under organizer control!

If you look at the updated order form, of the 1st 10 people who signed up, about 1/2 haven't paid yet. tsk tsk.
Its easier to manage group buys if people pay in advance in order to get on the list instead of having to chase payments.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #839 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 10:50:21 »
Everyone

If you look at the updated order form, of the 1st 10 people who signed up, about 1/2 haven't paid yet. tsk tsk.
Its easier to manage group buys if people pay in advance in order to get on the list instead of having to chase payments.

Ultimately having everyone cooperate is better than having one or two people chip in as buyers of last resort. I'm committed to buying four now, two of which I'll keep in my collection and two sets to sell or give away over the next year. But what's that compared with the many, many sets that many people have yet to pay for? I know bunnylake does stuff like this also to help group buys (he inspired me) but things would go down better if everyone just respected their commitments!

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #840 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:08:14 »
I think it is time to remind the people to pay their obligations on this GB thru PM or email. They might have just been busy or maybe forgot this GB.

Offline chzel

« Reply #841 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:25:11 »
Also since it is the end of the month, probably quite a few people are low on cash.Hopefully a lot of payments will come over the weekend.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #842 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:46:16 »
It's basically been 3 weeks already; there's no excuse for anybody who signed up and hasn't paid yet, IMO.  These sets are VERY cheap and we shouldn't have to suffer because others can't scrape a couple of dollars together.  I think we need to press the issue and establish a firm deadline, if you ask me.
<<< Click to view

Offline chzel

« Reply #843 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:56:18 »
Hey, GhostofHarry, has Tai-Hao given us a deadline?
A deadline always helps to motivate people!

I have long said that a deadline is good motivation!
I agree with you, but as of now there are about 80 unpaid orders. A firm deadline carries the risk of the GB not happening.
IMO a firm deadline would be good  for the last 20-30 unpaid orders.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #844 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 12:27:13 »
Hey, GhostofHarry, has Tai-Hao given us a deadline?
A deadline always helps to motivate people!

I have long said that a deadline is good motivation!
I agree with you, but as of now there are about 80 unpaid orders. A firm deadline carries the risk of the GB not happening.
IMO a firm deadline would be good  for the last 20-30 unpaid orders.

Hopefully things clear up after people get their end of month payments or pocket money. 80 people defaulting on their obligations is a very ugly number.

Offline Canis-X

« Reply #845 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 15:20:34 »
I might consider adding (1) Dolche set + the add-on pack for one individual that doesn't pay to help out a bit if the need arises.  Harry, please let me know.
CHEERS!!!!

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #846 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 15:53:16 »
It's too bad I don't like any of these colors, or I'd buy a set or two. Yes, 80 is pretty ugly.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #847 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 17:02:56 »

and its only 104 keys, we have the perfect sets
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #848 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 19:15:27 »
Red on white caps appear to be sold out on Massdrop (option is grayed), so I certainly hope the future GBs go through. Come on folks, make your payments so GoH can get the production rolling!

Offline Gingerbeer

« Reply #849 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 04:16:03 »
Hopefully things clear up after people get their end of month payments or pocket money. 80 people defaulting on their obligations is a very ugly number.
Is this typical behaviour in group buys?  Seems a bit poor to me - at this rate we'll be lucky to see the caps this side of Christmas. 

This not a criticism of Harry, far from it, I'm grateful for his efforts in putting this together, and he can hardly be held responsible for people not paying - it's just marring the experience of my first ever GB.