Author Topic: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [ALL SHIPPED >> REFUND ISSUE]  (Read 1183373 times)

Offline jevvix

Re: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy
« Reply #950 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 07:36:25 »
You have a lot to learn. With any group buy, you have to be patient. You also need to follow the direction of the organizer when it comes to things like payments, refunds, etc.

Filing a Paypal dispute, especially when the organizer has already instructed you how to go about sellling your order, is the worst kind of douchebaggery. When you make a commitment to a group buy, you need to honor your commitment. No one will have sympathy on you, nor care about your excuses.

For me personally, you are now blacklisted from any sales or group buys I run, now or in the future.

If your group buys are ran like this one I consider it a favor. In fact, anyone that reads this and can't remotely keep to a schedule, doesn't appreciate prompt payments and likes to hold peoples money hostage please ban me from your sales also. Thanks in advance :thumb:

Out of respect to this particular group buy I'll no longer be posting in this thread.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 August 2014, 07:54:12 by jevvix »

Offline adrl

« Reply #951 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 07:42:39 »
Thanks for the trade berserkfan!
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 August 2014, 13:42:08 by adrl »

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #952 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 08:06:44 »
Let's give the gentleman a break.

Due credits paid, he's the first to pay in this groupbuy (I can confirm this). And indeed this groupbuy has been taking longer than first expected... The gentleman is right in this respect. Although it can be argued that when you commit to a groupbuy you expect that you have to wait for a while but you never know what happens in life and sometimes in an emergency you may need extra funds.

Personally I think the people who gave no response to the invoice are more responsible for hindering the groupbuy. Dropping out is fine, as said, sometimes people may need extra funds, or may lose interests in the sets after having been kept waiting for long. But no response...

I didn't mean to have the gentleman "publicly slandered". I just wondered if anyone would be willing to take his order. Was a little bit shocked about the Paypal dispute, though.

Anyway, we've finally reached the production stage. This is my first groupbuy and I know I can do better next time. Sorry for all the delay and inconvenience caused and thanks for everyone's support!
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 August 2014, 12:06:44 by GhostofHarry »

Offline Halvar

« Reply #953 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 09:28:53 »
Committing and then disappearing is really bad behaviour, but opening a Paypal dispute is even worse in my opinion, because with the annoyingly random practices of PayPal this can sometimes, depending on the status of the GB, freeze the funds of the whole group buy for an unforseeable amount of time, not to mention the hoops that the GB organizer may have to jump through to make it clear to them once again what a group buy is.

So to do that is just despicably egoistic, you're basically taking the whole GB hostage.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #954 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 09:58:37 »
Anyone want to trade their Olivette ANSI + addon for my dolch ANSI + addon?

Or take over my order? I think I'll have one too many dolch sets

I'll trade one Olivette ANSI + addon for your dolch ANSI + addon and tell Harry that
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #955 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:09:59 »
Committing and then disappearing is really bad behaviour, but opening a Paypal dispute is even worse in my opinion, because with the annoyingly random practices of PayPal this can sometimes, depending on the status of the GB, freeze the funds of the whole group buy for an unforseeable amount of time, not to mention the hoops that the GB organizer may have to jump through to make it clear to them once again what a group buy is.

So to do that is just despicably egoistic, you're basically taking the whole GB hostage.

Let's give the gentleman a break.

Due credits paid, he's the first to pay in this groupbuy (I can confirm this). And indeed this groupbuy has been taking longer than first expected... The gentleman is right in this respect. Although it can be argued that when you commit to a groupbuy you expect that you have to wait for a while but you never know what happens in life and sometimes in an emergency you may need extra funds.

Personally I think the people who gave no response to the invoice are more responsible for hindering the groupbuy. Dropping out is fine, as said, sometimes people may need extra funds, or may lose interests in the sets after having been kept waiting for long. But no response...

I didn't mean to have the gentleman "publicly slandered". I just wondered if anyone would be willing to take his order. Was a little bit shocked about the Paypal dispute, though.

Anyway, we've finally reached the production stage. This is my groupbuy and I know I can do better next time. Sorry for all the delay and inconvenience caused and thanks for everyone's support!

That kid is obviously a noob. Most group buys take far longer and have more problems and delays.

It’s good that he’s come out and quarrelled with people. That’s put his character on display. I think he won’t be taking part in many group buys going forward, because he’s going to find it hard to find GBs that function perfectly. In fact most have such long deadlines that you can’t file paypal complaint.

Am surprised to see bunnylake’s name on the list of non respondents. I suspect he is overloaded with emails and missed it or Harry’s mails wound up in his spam filter.

Public slander, not true. Slander is verbal, and untrue. Since I threw in the qualifying phrase ‘or equivalent maturity’ he’ll have some difficulty claiming I libelled him especially after he went on to demonstrate said maturity level in his response to JDCarpe. And of course being a kid he has no standing to sue, heh.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #956 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 10:21:21 »
This is my groupbuy and I know I can do better next time. Sorry for all the delay and inconvenience caused and thanks for everyone's support!

I think you are doing a very good job  :thumb:

Running a Tai Hao GB is one of the most difficult things do to! With the huge order numbers and everything it's more likely that people drop out or won't pay. Elton had the same difficulties in his first Tai Hao GB, so don't worry. I don't care at all about this delay and actually expected it.

Geekhack is the wrong place for impatient people - the trick is to participate in so many GBs that you always have something in the mail ;)

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #957 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 12:31:48 »
If you can't handle 20$ being out of your hands for a few months.... should you really be entering GBs in the first place?

Offline chrisq

« Reply #958 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 12:32:35 »

Geekhack is the wrong place for impatient people - the trick is to participate in so many GBs that you always have something in the mail ;)

Unfortunately for my wallet this is exactly what I've been doing.
It's been a long wait from I made my first orders, but dolch dsa is now in the mail, and I got like 6-7 more lined up after that...

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #959 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 13:20:29 »
All drama aside, I am happy to hear that this is in production now!  Thanks Harry!

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline quene

« Reply #960 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 13:38:32 »
This is currently on massdrop! These look awesome and cost less than massdrop. I can't wait. Thanks Harry.

Offline simbloke

« Reply #961 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:23:02 »
Well I'm new here too but have done plenty of reading and it's quite clear that these things drag on. Given the low price of this GB it would be churlish to complain. Also causing PayPal trouble for someone is unfair as the company is very unpredictable.

Sim

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #962 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 14:39:28 »
I'm so happy to see production is starting soon. Thanks Harry!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline GhostofHarry

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #965 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 15:37:21 »
Interested in picking up an order, PM'd.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline quene

« Reply #966 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 15:39:11 »
willing to increase my order, PMed
edit: paid for the added sets.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 August 2014, 16:20:42 by quene »

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #967 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 17:18:52 »
The modifiers in that Massdrop group buy are awfully dark, practically black...is that the exact same keyset as this one in terms of color??
<<< Click to view

Offline feizor

« Reply #968 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 17:28:15 »
For the price of the mass drop buy you can get the base set and add-on here and also get a better windows key. Mass drop is not shipping till mid September anyway.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #969 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 17:38:08 »
Congrats for starting the production, for next GB if OP is not burned out from this one may I suggest 5 sets and curious what all think of the colors, of course with the same add ons per every set. Prices are just so sweet, wish we had the same add ons, stepped Caps and proper x7 space bar in the 1st colorful GB. 

- Purple on white
- Pink Salmon on white
- Azul on white
- Apple Green on white
- Classic with black legends (mmmmmmmmmmm)
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Vanilla

• 110% Snuggable
« Reply #970 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 18:47:38 »
My missed opportunity remorse for this GB officially has kicked in after seeing these sets on massdrop. Darn you budgeting!!!!

Any chance to accommodate a late arrival with a leftover olivette set/ etc. sets?  :)

Sent a PM btw

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #971 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 19:05:51 »
If it's too late for you to get in on the buy (which is the preferred option), I bought one of each set - probably willing to sell one or two of them once I get them delivered and pick my favourite.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #972 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 19:20:53 »
If you could list all the unpaid orders, and tell us how many sets are left to be paid, I'm sure we can help find people who would like to take over some orders. You do not have to do all the work you have done so much already!
This. We don't mind buy more orders sell in local classifieds like hot cakes  ;D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UydoIJ3lIzLmZun3cgDIy6cPixTQD46Mky8OvrW1NGA/edit#gid=

The rows highlighted in purple, red, or yellow are all up for grabs!

My missed opportunity remorse for this GB officially has kicked in after seeing these sets on massdrop. Darn you budgeting!!!!

Any chance to accommodate a late arrival with a leftover olivette set/ etc. sets?  :)

Sent a PM btw

If it's too late for you to get in on the buy (which is the preferred option), I bought one of each set - probably willing to sell one or two of them once I get them delivered and pick my favourite.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #974 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 21:55:32 »
I'll pick up an order. The massdrop convinced me i need to be in this GB.

Offline Manchias

« Reply #975 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 22:19:32 »
WOW ... FINALLY IT COME TO PRODUCTION STATE.  WOOWOOW ... I almost lost my patient.

Offline madik

« Reply #976 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 07:26:12 »
Are the orders still open?

Offline Gingerbeer

« Reply #977 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 07:48:02 »
If there is a spare Dolch set with Add-on pack I'll take them.

PM incoming Harry

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #978 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 08:06:49 »
The modifiers in that Massdrop group buy are awfully dark, practically black...is that the exact same keyset as this one in terms of color??

Fairly certain for the 'granite' set the modifiers are supposed to be black, just like the photo in the OP of this thread. The 'dolch' mods would be a dark gray.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #979 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 09:28:23 »

Fairly certain for the 'granite' set the modifiers are supposed to be black, just like the photo in the OP of this thread. The 'dolch' mods would be a dark gray.

Sorry, I was talking about Dolch.  I should have been more clear since I forgot this GB includes Granite and Olivetti as well.

This is the picture I saw on Massdrop.  The modifiers looks very dark, almost black--quite a bit darker than I thought they looked in the OP of this thread.  Maybe it's just the lighting in Harry's picture.  But I thought they would be closer to a dark gray rather than black.
<<< Click to view

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #980 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 09:32:05 »

Sorry, I was talking about Dolch.  I should have been more clear since I forgot this GB includes Granite and Olivetti as well.

This is the picture I saw on Massdrop.  The modifiers looks very dark, almost black--quite a bit darker than I thought they looked in the OP of this thread.  Maybe it's just the lighting in Harry's picture.  But I thought they would be closer to a dark gray rather than black.

Oh yeah those do look black. Perhaps someone who has a set can chime in. Normally I would have thought 'dolch' would have had dark gray mods not black but I'm not sure how Tai Hao does it after looking at those pics.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #981 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 10:01:56 »
This is currently on massdrop! These look awesome and cost less than massdrop. I can't wait. Thanks Harry.

I am very happy to see these expressions of support for Harry. Especially after Massdrop offered its competing buy with higher prices and no add on pack.

That said, guys, cool your enthusiasm. Don't go overboard! Harry still has yet to do his phase 2 and 3, which will kick in later. Don't spend all your money! I am mentally prepared to support his later phases as well. These are extremely pretty sets at a very good price point.

Offline quene

« Reply #982 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 14:23:07 »
I'll try!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #983 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 07:34:32 »
Actually in need of a set of the Dolch now. Let me know if anyone has a spare. Located in US.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #984 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 14:07:53 »

Oh yeah those do look black. Perhaps someone who has a set can chime in. Normally I would have thought 'dolch' would have had dark gray mods not black but I'm not sure how Tai Hao does it after looking at those pics.

I am confused by this as well. I've found pictures of conflicting looking colours used on the Dolch set

Picture shown in OP:

Picture shown on Massdrop:

Picture I found elsewhere on imgur (I don't believe that it is Tai Hao manufactured though):

In some the modifiers are black, others they are more grey. Also the common keys range from grey to brownish-grey/tan colour.

The Granite sets also differ from pictures shown in the OP to ones shown on Massdrop.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #985 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 14:19:52 »

I am confused by this as well. I've found pictures of conflicting looking colours used on the Dolch set

Picture shown in OP:
Show Image

Picture shown on Massdrop:
Show Image

Picture I found elsewhere on imgur (I don't believe that it is Tai Hao manufactured though):
Show Image

In some the modifiers are black, others they are more grey. Also the common keys range from grey to brownish-grey/tan colour.

The Granite sets also differ from pictures shown in the OP to ones shown on Massdrop.

It's just different lighting conditions when the photos are taken. They are the same set with the same colors. They are lighter grey and dark grey. Definitely not black modifiers. Dark grey, like the original Dolch sets made by Cherry/GMK.

The third image you posted are GMK manufactured, sold by Originative.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #986 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 16:23:56 »
It's just different lighting conditions when the photos are taken. They are the same set with the same colors. They are lighter grey and dark grey. Definitely not black modifiers. Dark grey, like the original Dolch sets made by Cherry/GMK.

Good to know! Looks like I'll probably be taking over someone's Dolch ANSI set order very soon.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #987 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 17:13:08 »

Good to know! Looks like I'll probably be taking over someone's Dolch ANSI set order very soon.

Even if you can't get anyones, people will definitely be selling their extras on classifieds after this ships. I for sure will be selling some extras at GB price.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #988 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 18:58:41 »
Hey Harry! Are we still doing the next phases later?
I would love that purple set.

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
« Reply #989 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 02:37:50 »
All these people with no patience... pay, and wait. Eventually keycaps arrive at your house. It's pretty straightforward really.

These are better than massdrop on 3 counts - better winkey, add-on set and better price.

Thanks again Harry for organising, you're doing a great job mate  :thumb:

And I'm still keen for round 2 (and deliberately only bought one each of round 1 to save $), especially apple green!! Super psyched that we're finally in production!!
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline chrisq

« Reply #990 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 02:51:27 »

And I'm still keen for round 2 (and deliberately only bought one each of round 1 to save $), especially apple green!! Super psyched that we're finally in production!!

Same, but I also want that azure and purple  :D

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #991 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 21:03:39 »

Same, but I also want that azure and purple  :D

Purple ftw. Hope we get there one day.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #992 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 21:52:19 »
I want orange and white or orange and black.

Orange and black would be cool like the nostalgia set.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline augustoitapoa

« Reply #993 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 07:33:51 »
Would love to see a groupbuy to these and the new sets as well!

I Hope Harry make this, he is doing a great job arranging this GB!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #994 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 10:51:27 »
A Skidata replica would be nice :)
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #995 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 12:07:48 »
As much as I support Harry I really want people not to get too enthusiastic with the phase 1 of this GB. There are two other phases, and I'm sure in a few months Tai Hao will cook up more nice color schemes...

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #996 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 17:48:20 »
As much as I support Harry I really want people not to get too enthusiastic with the phase 1 of this GB. There are two other phases, and I'm sure in a few months Tai Hao will cook up more nice color schemes...

we should not start with another GB till this one is fully over as in all sets are delivered and people received them. Now on another hand running IC ahead of time for 2nd phase is nice thing to do cause we will know which color sets have gained more interest.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #997 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 12:43:23 »

we should not start with another GB till this one is fully over as in all sets are delivered and people received them. Now on another hand running IC ahead of time for 2nd phase is nice thing to do cause we will know which color sets have gained more interest.

it was partly on my suggestion that Harry is running IC and planned group buys in stages.  :thumb:

By being able to tell beforehand what is covered by group buy and when, we don't run the risk of exhausting all buying power. Sometimes people take part in GB just because they think they can't get anything else, then they run out of money by the time their dream set shows up in a group buy. Or else someone starts a new GB that they prefer more causing them to back out of prior buys that they'd committed themselves to.

Offline augustoitapoa

« Reply #998 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 19:13:51 »

it was partly on my suggestion that Harry is running IC and planned group buys in stages.  :thumb:

By being able to tell beforehand what is covered by group buy and when, we don't run the risk of exhausting all buying power. Sometimes people take part in GB just because they think they can't get anything else, then they run out of money by the time their dream set shows up in a group buy. Or else someone starts a new GB that they prefer more causing them to back out of prior buys that they'd committed themselves to.

That's true, and it sure is a nice way to see people who are able to participate in various parts of the GB and people who just one of these sets.

Offline KaboomTheory

• Shrek is love, Shrek is life
« Reply #999 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 12:02:58 »
Is it too late to cancel my order?