Author Topic: Is MechanicalKeyboards.com interested in carrying Filco products?  (Read 3651 times)

Offline dante

As best as I understand it - KeyboardCo in the UK has the rights to distribute the Filco Majestouch-2 in the US.  Unfortunately they have an extremely poor track record of keeping the Amazon store stocked.  The excuse is usually "We can't get enough keyboards in stock" when 7 days a week you can buy them at NCIX in Canada - and incidentally - they never seem to go out of stock on their UK site.

What would be the best way to communicate to Diatec that they are not fulfilling their obligations and Mechanical Keyboards.com should be allowed to take the reins on this brand?  I'm not sure if a petition would be in order?
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 May 2014, 16:48:54 by dante »

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Is MechanicalKeyboards.com interested in carrying Filco products?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 18:13:08 »
That would be sweet if MK started selling Filco's. This whole one distributor per country with keyboards is crazy.

Offline JoshMK

• * Commercial Vendor
  • MechanicalKeyboards.com
    • MechanicalKeyboards
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 08:59:45 »
You could certainly send a NICE email Filco requesting additional dealers due to lack of supply in the US.
We've tried on several occasions to reach out to them with all emails coming back with the KBC on AZ or no response at all.

We have absolutely nothing against Filco, we'd love to carry their products. They just won't let us.  :(
Josh McConnell
MechanicalKeyboards.com
Josh@mechanicalkeyboards.com
615.266.1420 ext303

Offline intelli78

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 13:26:44 »
You could certainly send a NICE email Filco requesting additional dealers due to lack of supply in the US.
We've tried on several occasions to reach out to them with all emails coming back with the KBC on AZ or no response at all.

We have absolutely nothing against Filco, we'd love to carry their products. They just won't let us.  :(

Can you give us an email address for them? I'll send a letter.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline dante

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 17:53:33 »

Can you give us an email address for them? I'll send a letter.

^ I'm also interested.  Josh which email address would be best to use?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 17:56:42 »
If you're going to send an email you should make it very clear that it's only TKC's amazon store that's not being run properly. Their website is run properly, and I had a great experience when I ordered from them.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 22:14:30 »
If you're going to send an email you should make it very clear that it's only TKC's amazon store that's not being run properly. Their website is run properly, and I had a great experience when I ordered from them.

I agree.  Even thought their Amazon store is never stocked.  Whenever I have ordered from Keyboardco's website their service has been great.

However it would be fantastic if MechKeyboards could become a authorized Filco dealer.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline wsjudd

• The Keyboard Company Blog
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 06:53:01 »
It's only TKC's amazon store that's not being run properly.

"Diatec make the keyboards, do the production schedules and have the final say on what ships where. Goods ship from the factory directly to Amazon warehouses..."
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 07:10:19 »
It's only TKC's amazon store that's not being run properly.

"Diatec make the keyboards, do the production schedules and have the final say on what ships where. Goods ship from the factory directly to Amazon warehouses..."
Sorry, hadn't seen that. I was just mirroring what was being said in this topic.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline dante

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 18:55:39 »
Sent 2 emails and haven't heard back.  I guess losing market share in the US isn't one of Diatec's concerns.