Author Topic: EVGA - TORQ X10....  (Read 6312 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
EVGA - TORQ X10....
« on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 04:32:15 »
Evga has already harassed me with their email notification on this;

http://www.evga.com/mice/torq/

http://benchmarkreviews.com/16600/evga-torq-x10-gaming-mouse-review/

Hence let the comments spew forth on this input device  :p .

PS. Placed an order for this at Newegg, hence we shall see how good this evga will be  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 June 2014, 19:02:22 by Elrick »

Offline blackbox

Re: EVGA - TORQ X10....
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 00:56:08 »
Looks nice, isnt tok Many mouses that have a metal base and some adjustability
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 01:23:46 »
Looks nice, isnt tok Many mouses that have a metal base and some adjustability

Especially any mice with bodies made from Carbon Fiber  :thumb: .  I expect it to be built bullet proof compared to anything else out there, nice coming from EVGA.

Looking forward to getting one of these soon.

The amazing thing thus far is how there isn't too much talk about it when you consider the quality materials used in the construction of this mouse.  Just weird everyone is keeping so quiet about this item.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 June 2014, 01:33:37 by Elrick »

Offline Coreda

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 01:32:28 »
Reminds me somewhat of the oddly shaped Mad Catz R.A.T 9 mouse. Will be looking forward to impressions.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 01:51:46 »
Reminds me somewhat of the oddly shaped Mad Catz R.A.T 9 mouse. Will be looking forward to impressions.

Yea, Reminded me of the rat 7 that I own.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 01:53:55 »
and the R.A.T family's performance is ****ty
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 10:50:57 »
Man, I really wish companies would get back into optical mice.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 10:56:12 »
I can't lie. For the price, I'm going to try it out. I love the aesthetics, so let's see how it performs =)
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 11:03:45 »
FINALLY, 11.4 cm symmetrical mouse with some what "egg shape".

Basically ever since BST gaming mouse went nowhere, I'm hoping another company will pick up the idea and create a small symmetrical mouse with side button.  Because currently there's nothing that fits the bill on the market.  (Maybe just Razer Starcraft mouse but that thing is ugly)

Though I'm more interested in the mouse they'll release after:

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/2014/01/07/EVGA-Announces-new-Mouse-and-chassis/

To be honest I don't really care about the body adjustment so I'd rather they just make a lighter plastic version.

Which hopefully will be the case on the mouse that come after.  :thumb:

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 17:35:03 »
Oh god it's so fugly! Hahaha.

Perhaps designed for those with sweaty-hand syndrome? =P

It's cool that it's adjustable though. The price seems fair!

Too bad I think that sensor (Avago 9800) is flawed?
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 20:52:25 »
Well DHL finally delivered it just now, thank you Newegg  8) .

After breaking it out of it's packaging the NEW Evga wonder is quite good looking up close.  Nothing seems cheap about it because the whole bottom and sides of the mouse has been finished in Carbon Fiber.  Although having Carbon Fiber should make it quite light in weight but it isn't, it's one heavy mofo.

The mouse has also took it's opening up style to gain access to two slots for weight placement, similar to some HP wireless models.  You need to flip open the top front section to place ONLY 2 small cylinders of metal.  You get a pack of 6 and you decide which ones to put inside the body to further make this mouse into a rabid heavy.

You also get one small Torx like screw driver implement to adjust the height of the mouse situated in the rear (like with us  ;D ).  Easy to turn left to UP the height or RIGHT to lower it.

Currently have it plugged into the PC and it lights up in bright RED colour around the scroll wheel and lower EVGA logo section.  The thing I like about it is that it's very easy to lift it since the sides of the mouse is extremely smooth almost glass-like. Hence it really sticks to my side fingers like wet licorice  :thumb: .

Overall it seems nice to use with nothing sub-standard in it's construction.  Evga has really put a lot of effort into making a super nice input device, just wish they used the avago 3310 sensor instead of the now ancient 9800 series.  If you're a fan of Evga then you won't be disappointed with this latest mouse from them.  Just remember this is the absolute FIRST mouse constructed with Carbon Fiber hence get use to the incredible feel of it's super smooth body.

Another cheesy thing with this mouse is that at the bottom of the device, just right of the sensor there is a "red coloured" button that when pressed changes the colour of the Leds inside your mouse,  I thought it would do like Zowie mice and adjust the sensor speed but alas not so fortunate.  Really, do we need to have a solitary button adjusting led colour here?
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 August 2014, 21:00:13 by Elrick »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 21:21:42 »
Another thing of note is the scroll wheel.  Super quiet in fact, you can't hear any clicking at all when scrolling slowly of fast but you do feel the clicks because it registers quite firmly into your index finger when used.

I suspect gamers would love this scroll wheel because each click registers superbly compared to the Zowie fiasco, regarding their scroll wheel technology on their current crop of mice.

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 02:06:13 »
Min/Max Weight   147g/160g

ahahahah... these fools

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 06:51:32 »
Just remember this is the absolute FIRST mouse constructed with Carbon Fiber hence get use to the incredible feel of it's super smooth body.
Perhaps constructed, but my Genius Navigator 335 has a carbon fiber finish on the top shell and I bought it about four or five years ago.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 19:48:26 »
Perhaps constructed, but my Genius Navigator 335 has a carbon fiber finish on the top shell and I bought it about four or five years ago.

Did you also know that you can buy self adhesive finishes for anything these days ;) .  Overall I like this mouse for one reason, it's a damn heavy implement.  Dare I say it, you could swing it around and bash someone's head in with very little effort.

Very few mice are built like this baby, ready for action in every situation  8) .

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 01:44:59 »
Why not just load every weight into your logitech robotech 502?
I mean at least you won't have a crappy avago 9800 sensor.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 03:11:23 »
Why not just load every weight into your logitech robotech 502?
I mean at least you won't have a crappy avago 9800 sensor.

Have always loaded the weights into every G5, G500, G500S and G502 series rodents.  They are all full of metal when it comes to me using them  :thumb: .

For myself the 9800 sensor is okay for web surfing hence no big deal there BUT for the full on Gamer they'll have to look elsewhere.  I just wanted to own a real, genuine, Carbon Fiber bodied Mouse, which Evga has delivered easily.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 11:55:15 »
Sm I the only one that thinks that is the ugliest mouse ever?
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 12:34:34 »
Sm I the only one that thinks that is the ugliest mouse ever?

definitely up there, but each to their own :p

seems a bit heavy and with the 9800... well, not for me. but not a bad option for many who like heavy mice with these looks, and don't mind the sensor. build seems good?
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 August 2014, 12:38:43 by munch »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 19:46:02 »
seems a bit heavy and with the 9800... well, not for me. but not a bad option for many who like heavy mice with these looks, and don't mind the sensor. build seems good?

The Torq is the ONLY mouse that doesn't creak or make noises when used.  The DA2013 squealed like a b1tch when you moved it about violently on your mouse pad.  Even surfing the web it still made noises within it's inferior body shell made from ultra thin ABS.  Zowie mice are in that category as well but not as much noise coming from them, only the Mionix and Logitech mice hold their ground when it comes minimizing chassis noise when used.

The best thing about the Evga is their scroll wheel which should be cannibalized and used within another structure like a right-handed model  :thumb: .

Offline Den441

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 06:32:58 »
I like the idea of carbon fiber on a mouse, but overall aesthetics of it and the sensor of this mouse turn me off.
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 06:41:01 »
I like the idea of carbon fiber on a mouse, but overall aesthetics of it and the sensor of this mouse turn me off.

Ditto, I really hope someone else makes a decent mouse with a cf shell, hopefully a right-handed one as I'm usually not a fan of ambidextrous mice.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 06:46:36 »

The Torq is the ONLY mouse that doesn't creak or make noises when used.  The DA2013 squealed like a b1tch when you moved it about violently on your mouse pad.
Well, that's the problem, i.e. not the mouse, but the user.

Offline gooseta

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 14:44:13 »
tons of reviews on yt including
WASD v1 with browns
Ducky Shine 3 TKL with blues and orange backlight
KBT Pure with greens
Leopold FC660M with blues
Spirit 87% with clears

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 20:15:20 »
Well, that's the problem, i.e. not the mouse, but the user.

Yeah I know, today they make mice for limp wristed-nancy boys instead of making input devices for men.  After spending a day stripping gearbox casings the last thing I want is to pick up a Razer Mouse and find it disintegrating within my fingers.  Cheap-arse rubbish that further fills landfill sites with their failed devices each and everyday hence have completely avoided all their input devices, but their current orange switched TKL (dirt cheap but works).

At least the current Evga is extremely strong when it comes for me using it, and am still happy with it  :thumb: .  Got to wait at least another couple of months to see if it will last long term before I start singing it's praises.  Done that too much previously with garbage mice that I later regret ever buying  >:( .