Author Topic: OnePlus One discussion  (Read 30613 times)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
OnePlus One discussion
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 10:52:32 »
Alrighty, you guys are so much better than everybody that wants to spend their money on what they want.
Congratulations on your intelligent choices, and I must commend you for making the right choice for you.
Here's your gold medal 
Show Image

Now can we get back to talking about the phone in question, or do we have more stories about other phones that are completely irrelevant to this thread?
post of the week :))
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: OnePlus One discussion
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:25:26 »
Alrighty, you guys are so much better than everybody that wants to spend their money on what they want.
Congratulations on your intelligent choices, and I must commend you for making the right choice for you.
Here's your gold medal 
Show Image

Now can we get back to talking about the phone in question, or do we have more stories about other phones that are completely irrelevant to this thread?

I just ordered the green case from eBay for the Oneplus One (http://www.ebay.com/itm/111411941422?var=410396780291&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649)
The shipping from Oneplus themselves was way too high for me,  so had to go this way.
Can't wait to test it out. Thinking I am going to run Paranoid Android on it, but I'll give CM 11s a go first ;).

They've started making knock off of official brand cases.  like knockoffs of spigen cases

commonly sold on ebay

also. Glissant.. I ain't trying to make you mad bro..

I am also not interested in HOW anyone spends their money..

I am always however interested as to WHY..  and the subsequent dissection of motivations..

Offline remdell

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:39:08 »
Sorry about my little rant there.  On topic, the OnePlus One is definitely the sort of phone I look forward to getting in the future.  I would have gotten it earlier if I had an invite before obtaining my Moto G.  I could try to get an invite now and use my Moto G as backup, but the release of the LG G3 and news of the Nexus 6 has got me waiting.  Also, maybe in a few years phone manufacturers will follow suit with OnePlus One's price/performance characteristics.  It might not be good for me to get a OnePlus One later if that happens.

In terms of features, phones like the Moto G, Moto E, and various Nokia phones really cater to those on a budget.  The OnePlus One on the other hand, scales perfectly to the asking price in the same way the Moto G has done.  The OnePlus one competes with the $600 phone but can cater to those who usually get mid-tier phones.  Depending on the user, I think the OnePlus One can help minimize the need for other electronics.  Sure, you spend $300, but you're getting a great screen for enhanced content consumption, a good built-in camera, and amazing specs to run just about anything loaded onto the phone.  Usually when I go out, I bring my Nexus 7 for better content consumption, a point-and-shoot camera to take better than average photos, and my $100 smartphone.  I feel like if I just get the OnePlus One, I can eliminate the need to have all three devices with me.  My camera, tablet, and phone already costs over $300 together anyway.
Rukia PC | RF87U Digilog | Norbaforce MKII Palm Desert | Zenith ZKB-2R | Datadesk MAC-101

Offline Glissant

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 12:08:04 »
JD, yeahhh buddy. All I can say is be active on the oneplus forums, and maybe you'll have good fortune. There are new invites given out every day and lots of people that can't use them.

My order now went from "pending shipment" to "processing". Why does that feel like going backwards? xD

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 12:11:03 »

My order now went from "pending shipment" to "processing". Why does that feel like going backwards? xD
whoa that is pretty backwards, i guess it could be a surge in purchases or trouble with info or the delivery company
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Glissant

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 12:14:41 »
paicrai, it seems like all orders go that way, so I'm guessing "pending shipment" just means that the order is ready to be processed :). MUCH EXCITE

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
OnePlus One discussion
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 12:15:58 »
oh, i guess that could be it. congrats on getting a new phone! ;D
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 12:21:48 »
JD, yeahhh buddy. All I can say is be active on the oneplus forums, and maybe you'll have good fortune. There are new invites given out every day and lots of people that can't use them.

aintnobodygottimefodat.jpg

What gets me is that people sign up for invites who can't use them. Wastes time for others who just want to buy the phone.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 13:47:57 »
I'm still holding on to my SGSIII from a few years ago. I haven't felt much need to upgrade because I run AOSP based roms and don't care about Samsung's new "gimmicky" features. The screen is already boarding on the large end for one handed use. The processor+ram is already beefy enough for everything I do (primarily web browsing and occasionally a few games). With the ability to add a 64gb sdcard I don't need more storage space (especially with things moving towards the cloud).

My biggest complaint would have to be battery life. If there was one thing I would want to improve with my future phone it would be that. Barely touching my phone it will be close to 50% by the end of work. I can squeeze out a few hours of screen time but it is almost always (next to) dead by the end of the day. I have heard good things about the LG G2 and a few initial impressions from the One+1.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 13:51:02 »
Dear Glissant,

I'm mad at you. I thought I was happy with my S5 and then you had to bring this to my attention. Now I want this. :(

Captain BadAss

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 13:52:01 »

aintnobodygottimefodat.jpg

What gets me is that people sign up for invites who can't use them. Wastes time for others who just want to buy the phone.

are the invites sell-able?

Offline Glissant

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 14:09:17 »
tp4tissue, the invites are in the form of a redeemable code, so you could sell it if you wanted to.

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 14:16:42 »
I just found an invite from three weeks ago in my email inbox... now it's expired  :'(
That's what I get for not checking often enough I guess

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 14:20:21 »
I ended up with an Oppo Find 7. Aside from being way too big it basically has the same specifications as the One Plus One and will run Cyanogen without breaking warranty

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 16:55:16 »
Is the OnePlus One going to be able to buy like the Nexus 5 is on the PlayStore?

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 19:02:21 »
No. The Google Play Store is for that - Google devices. It is available from One+ website, other people selling there's, or some 3rd party sites (ex: oppomart).

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 20:45:31 »
I was giving an example. I guess I should have worded that better.  :p

Offline Glissant

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 17:41:39 »
I keep reading a lot about a kind of worrying issue with the display. The display seems to get some sort of yellowing band on the bottom of the display, and some people have even had the entire screen be yellow (warm) rather than white (cold).
Oneplus has commented on the issue and said that the whole screen being warm is something that can be fixed within the software, but a lot of people are saying that this issue doesn't help.
I'm inclined to take Oneplus' word for the whole screen being warm issue. Simply because people aren't known to be very smart when it comes to troubleshooting for themselves.
However, the yellow band issue is a whole different problem that I am worried about.
That being said; the issues seem to be pre-june built phones, so who knows if the yellow band is even a problem for those of us that are getting devices post that build.

*shrug*

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 17:58:52 »
wait, yellow screen? is that really a thing
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Lingj

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 17:59:41 »
Congrats on your invite Glissant, hopefully I'm able to get one soon. I read up on recent problems of the phone and the yellow tint most likely comes from the software. I've heard people being able to fix it with it's software I haven't looked too much into it. Here's the link that I read.
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/re-yellow-screen.40239/

Offline Glissant

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 19:13:59 »
paicrai, yes read the thread Lingj linked ;)

Lingj, thank you. And yes, some people have fixed it with software, but some people are also trying to use UV lamps to see if it will help "cure" the adhesive between the glass and the lcd.
If you look through the last ten pages you will see more people posting info on screens that don't change even with the software.

I'm not worried much about my phone as I am pretty sure I won't have the issue because of the build date, but you never know.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 July 2014, 19:15:45 by Glissant »

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 19:42:19 »
the temperature, is it actual temperature or colour temperature? it still seems confusing that either of those varies from factory to factory. the software warmth enhancer thing i can understand, but hardware is a different story
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Glissant

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 20:09:05 »
Color temperature :)

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 20:13:29 »
why would they change the colour temp in different factories :confused:
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Glissant

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 20:24:18 »
Ask the people at Oneplus because I have no idea about production of LCD panels and if they are calibrated differently from factory to factory :)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 20:46:10 »
Yet another giveaway for a Oneplus One if you want another shot at a free one http://t.co/c8PWWpEULl .

Offline Sniping

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 21:04:10 »
I was sooo close to getting an invite on Friday!

Seems like it won't be long though, they did like 30K invites last week.

Offline Lingj

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 09:28:25 »
Very big giveaway for 24 hours. 5,000 invites.
http://oneplus.net/blizzard-of-invites
If you want to give me more invites, I plan on sharing my next invites http://is.gd/9XMYc0  :D

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 03:12:56 »
Hey anyone want the one plus one? I accidentally claim it under my account. If you want, I can pass you my account details. You have 24 hrs to decide though. There's 2 of them although I have one more invite. PM me if interested.
It's not officially launched in singapore, and I think shipping fee is gonna be a blast.
I would really hope to have something in return though. A small gift?  :p
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 July 2014, 03:39:01 by HotKillerZzz »

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 03:20:28 »

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 03:44:48 »
The invite is gone, gave it away. Left the account that has two 64gb black phones registered. You can ctry to see if you can just check out one first, then past the account to another forumer.  :thumb:

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 04:04:12 »
For those using this phone in the US what carrier do you use?

I don't have one yet but I'm trying to get my hands on a OPO. I plan to use T-mobile's $30/month plan with 100 minutes and unlimited data and text.
:thumb:

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
OnePlus One discussion
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 20:50:57 »
Well, looks like I will be getting a One after all, thanks to the help of HotKillerZzz. :thumb:

Can't wait to see it in person. Ready to believe the hype. ;)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Glissant

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 22:03:39 »
Congrats, JD :D! I think mine will be with me in about a week if I'm lucky.
Fingers crossed for no issues with our devices :).

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 22:11:18 »
Hey anyone want the one plus one? I accidentally claim it under my account. If you want, I can pass you my account details. You have 24 hrs to decide though. There's 2 of them although I have one more invite. PM me if interested.
It's not officially launched in singapore, and I think shipping fee is gonna be a blast.
I would really hope to have something in return though. A small gift?  :p

All gone. Will post again if i get more.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 23:16:34 »
I also purchased a 64gb model thanks to HotKillerZzz.   Reading up about the phone now.   Looks pretty nice!!   Watched a few YouTube reviews already and looking forward to getting the phone!!   Will report here with my thoughts once it's in. 

Offline Lingj

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 23:19:12 »
Man I was too late for it  :(

Offline Sniping

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 15:01:04 »
Totally didn't get hooked up by HotKillerZzz...

72471-0

Thanks brother!

Offline Glissant

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 15:35:56 »
Congratulations on your device, Sniping! I hate to ask, but did you get any yellow band problems with your device? And when is the build date of your phone?
Let us also know how you like it, if you find the time :).

Offline Sniping

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 15:38:55 »
Congratulations on your device, Sniping! I hate to ask, but did you get any yellow band problems with your device? And when is the build date of your phone?
Let us also know how you like it, if you find the time :).

I haven't used it very much, just some light browsing and a couple of sample pictures.

No yellow screen issue AFAIK, but I'll keep my eye out for it. Build date is July 10th.

I'll definitely do some sort of review after I spend some more time with this thing, but I can tell you right now that I love the aesthetics!

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 03:40:47 »

(Attachment Link)

Thanks brother!

So fast?

Offline Sniping

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 00:58:20 »

(Attachment Link)

Thanks brother!

So fast?

Yeah, they ship 2-day domestic and their warehouse is also in California.

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 02:21:37 »

(Attachment Link)

Thanks brother!

So fast?

Yeah, they ship 2-day domestic and their warehouse is also in California.

Wow, phone looks awesome. Any problems as of yet?

Offline Sniping

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 02:52:47 »
Nope, the phone is running great right now!

I'm loving the sleek look and features of Cyanogenmod. I did have to turn off the draw V to turn on torchlight thing, but other than that the phone hasn't given me any trouble at all yet.

The texture on the back and the button placement is sweet. ;D

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 19:33:30 »
I would have had mine yesterday, but I wasn't at home to sign for the package. I'll be picking it up from the post office tomorrow. :)

in memoriam

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 19:50:15 »
Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.    So ..... T-Mobile or AT&T.   T-Mobile looks to be a bit less expensive.   I only have experience with Verizon.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 20:21:47 »
I'll be using mine on AT&T. That's what I currently use with my Nexus 4, using a GoPhone SIM. I subscribe to the $60/mo plan which includes unlimited talk and text, and 2GB data. In my area, T-Mobile doesn't have as good coverage as AT&T, although the AT&T network is quite congested.

in memoriam

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 05:29:33 »
Not sure exactly how invites work (does everyone who buys a phone get them?) as I personally don't have much interest in this phone (happy with my Nexus 5), but my younger brother is interested in this phone (it's either this or a nexus 5 and I don't think he wants the same phone as me... bit of a sibling rivalry between us :p), so if anyone can send me an invite, I would appreciate it!

Offline Glissant

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 01:49:28 »

It's safe to say that I am extremely excited about what's in this shipment ;).

YES IT JUST ARRIVED BRB.

Offline Lingj

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 02:32:08 »
Show Image

It's safe to say that I am extremely excited about what's in this shipment ;).

YES IT JUST ARRIVED BRB.
Enjoy your new phone dude! My spare phone's microphone is malfunctioning at the moment so hopefully I can find an invite asap