Author Topic: Mouse DPI settings  (Read 2679 times)

Offline muzzymurray

Mouse DPI settings
« on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 08:44:44 »
I have a zowie EC2 mouse and I was just wondering what I should do with the DPI settings. Should I be setting the maximum hardware DPI settings (The most sensitive settings) with the button underneath and then using the OS to slow it down? Is this sort of thing going to make any difference at all or am I being pedantic about something that doesn't really make a difference.

Offline Skull_Angel

Re: Mouse DPI settings
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 10:22:34 »
Personally, I'm a fan of using 1:1 OS/game settings (6/11 in windows) and setting mouse CPI to what I'm comfortable with (1200 on my current mouse). I imagine this is what most others do, but as long as you keep OS/game settings ≤1:1 you shouldn't run into pixel skipping associated with it.

Offline Zekromtor

• My Setup
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:17:02 »
Personally, I'm a fan of using 1:1 OS/game settings (6/11 in windows) and setting mouse CPI to what I'm comfortable with (1200 on my current mouse). I imagine this is what most others do, but as long as you keep OS/game settings ≤1:1 you shouldn't run into pixel skipping associated with it.

This is the right thing to do. Never slow down your mouse with OS settings, just leave the OS setting at the very center 6/11 setting, disable enhanced motion, and possibly run a registry edit that further wipes out accel if necessary. Then use your mouse DPI (or CPI) to choose a setting that feels comfortable.

Now technically, when you get inside a game itself, if that game uses mouse looking 100% of the time like in an FPS, it may benefit you to lower the mouselook sensitivity and crank up your mouse's DPI. This can give you finer motion control.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 16:54:09 »
I've always rocked 125hz at either 400 or 450 dpi, as I've always felt the most accurate with it (even though all common sense should indicate that it'd be the worst setting for accuracy).

Offline Prelim

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 14:39:34 »
over 1600dpi I don't any difference.... same for 500 hz vs 1000 hz  :-X
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau