Author Topic: [ebay] Fullset Leopold "Navy", Black, White 1.5mm thick PBT Keycaps  (Read 107652 times)

Offline lolkey

Re: [ebay] Fullset Leopold "Navy", Black, White 1.5mm thick PBT Keycaps
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 06:49:37 »
Anyone know how to translate this? Trying to see if they sell black blanks.

http://leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/item.php&it_id=1404096898
filco ninja mj2 tkl · mx brown · black case · blank black pbt
varmilo va87mr tkl · gateron red · black case · dye sub pbt ❤
vortex pok3r rgb · mx silent · white case · blank xda pbt

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear

The eBay seller said that he confirmed they do and he should be putting some up for sale in the future.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline lolkey

The eBay seller said that he confirmed they do and he should be putting some up for sale in the future.

Hmm? I asked him about black blank and he just said no.  :))
filco ninja mj2 tkl · mx brown · black case · blank black pbt
varmilo va87mr tkl · gateron red · black case · dye sub pbt ❤
vortex pok3r rgb · mx silent · white case · blank xda pbt

Offline qwack

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 07:50:39 »
Thanks for the find, I ordered one set and the quality is superb.

Just one thing, I ordered black caps (side-printed) and I think I got navy ones. They look black, except when there is something actually black next to them — then they look noticeably... bluer. And there is no color reference on the package, so I cannot check. Anybody noticed the same thing with their (supposedly) black keyset ?

I admit it's no big deal, as the bluish tint is barely noticeable, but now I'd like to know if navy blanks would be the same color as I got, or if they would have a more pronounced blue tint.

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 08:28:58 »
Thanks for the find, I ordered one set and the quality is superb.

Just one thing, I ordered black caps (side-printed) and I think I got navy ones. They look black, except when there is something actually black next to them — then they look noticeably... bluer. And there is no color reference on the package, so I cannot check. Anybody noticed the same thing with their (supposedly) black keyset ?

I admit it's no big deal, as the bluish tint is barely noticeable, but now I'd like to know if navy blanks would be the same color as I got, or if they would have a more pronounced blue tint.

My black set is definitely black.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 09:01:46 »
Still waiting for my set to arrive. Seriously anxious now.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 11:36:03 »
Still waiting for my set to arrive. Seriously anxious now.

When did you order? I bought a set of Realforce caps from that seller, and even though they shipped the next day, it took almost 3 weeks to arrive, despite my being in the US. You might have a similar wait, perhaps longer depending on how efficient/corrupt the Turkish postal system is.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 11:41:53 »
I ordered last Friday and it shipped on Tuesday. Turkish postal services aren't that terrible, stuff I order from China usually arrives in 3 weeks. UK is about a week. This is being shipped from Korea so I'm guessing 2 weeks or so, we'll see.

`
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline qwack

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 06:22:01 »
My black set is definitely black.

Thanks for the feedback. Here is how my set looks:

I seem to be the only one complaining, so either I'm excessively picky or it was a one-time mistake from the seller. In any case, if this is indeed Leopold's navy and not black, it's good news — their navy set is dark enough for me and I'll probably get a blank set.

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 06:59:18 »

A crappy cell pic of mine.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 08:50:48 »
I bought the Black side printed ones, and I'm very very impressed with them. They've replaced the WASD ABS keycaps that came with my CODE Keyboard, and the difference is like night and day.

They have an almost ceramic quality to the feel of them. Makes me wish I could have PBT caps on my ThinkPad :(

edit: potato pic
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 10:05:59 »
Good to hear that everyone is enjoying their sets, can't wait for mine to arrive.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 14:32:21 »
So mine arrived today and I must say that I am quite pleased with them. They look fantastic. One thing that surprised me was how much the sound got dampened, switching over from ABS caps. Not only is the sound dampened but it feels like the keys have built in o-rings in them, if that makes any sense. My board with MX Blues just got a lot quieter. Which is a tad disappointing perhaps.

Another gripe is the space bar but that's probably my fault for not fitting it properly, it tends to stick. I'll be playing around with that a bit more. Here are some pictures I just took.

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 16:10:17 »
I love these caps. The profile is great and the texture feels nice. My problem is that they rub slightly against the Costar stabilizers on my QFR and RK-9000. I don't really feel like grinding down the lip of the keycaps, so I'm going to put these back in the closet until I can get in on a GB for a universal TKL plate and convert my QFR to Cherry stabilizers.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 17:52:33 »
I took them off the initial board I had put them on, I put them on my Poker II instead. The MX Blues were so muffled and I didn't like it, the sound was way too dampened and they just felt bad to press. I noticed that they are quite shorter in height than the stock Filco caps I had, so I guess that was interfering with the switch or something. They're about the same height as the stock Poker II caps, so they fit perfectly on there. Sadly, I had to put the crappy ABS caps back on the other board. I guess the profile just isn't correct.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 18:36:14 »
Thick cherry profile caps don't work the best with costar stabilized boards it seems. I have these on my novatouch and I love them.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 18:49:02 »
We need a supply of blank ISO Enter keys to go with these.
The legends on my lasered Cherry keys don't sand off so easily....

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:38:39 »
Thick cherry profile caps don't work the best with costar stabilized boards it seems. I have these on my novatouch and I love them.

Any sets that you could suggest? I'm looking for a black blank set preferably.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:55:55 »

None that I can personally recommend. I'm not a fan of blank caps, and my current favorites are all cherry profile. I do know you can get a blank black set of DSA profile PBT caps from Signature Plastics via their pimpmykeyboard.com storefront. Can't really vouch for them personally though, but I do know many people like them.

It sounds like PBT may not be for you if you don't like the texture of the Leopold caps. I personally think the leopold caps have the best finish I've felt on any PBT.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 21:08:28 »

None that I can personally recommend. I'm not a fan of blank caps, and my current favorites are all cherry profile. I do know you can get a blank black set of DSA profile PBT caps from Signature Plastics via their pimpmykeyboard.com storefront. Can't really vouch for them personally though, but I do know many people like them.

It sounds like PBT may not be for you if you don't like the texture of the Leopold caps. I personally think the leopold caps have the best finish I've felt on any PBT.

Oh I love the finish and texture on them, it just didn't work on my other board with Costar stabilizers. I'm guessing it's a height thing with the cap itself - it just didn't feel good pressing down on the MX Blues with them on. The tactility was pretty much gone, like it had o-rings on them. And I hate o-rings. They feel absolutely amazing on my Poker II, so I am very happy with them.

I may give those DSA caps a shot, I've been eyeballing them for a while. I'm just now afraid that I'll have the same problems like I did with this Leopold set. I wonder if they're okay with Costar stabilizers.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 21:13:59 »
Oh I love the finish and texture on them, it just didn't work on my other board with Costar stabilizers. I'm guessing it's a height thing with the cap itself - it just didn't feel good pressing down on the MX Blues with them on. The tactility was pretty much gone, like it had o-rings on them. And I hate o-rings. They feel absolutely amazing on my Poker II, so I am very happy with them.

I may give those DSA caps a shot, I've been eyeballing them for a while. I'm just now afraid that I'll have the same problems like I did with this Leopold set. I wonder if they're okay with Costar stabilizers.

It's usually the thickness of the keys that causes issues with Costar stabs, not so much the profile. The Leopold PBT keys are some of the thickest keys I think we've ever seen. I believe pretty much every DSA set produced so far is considered to be either "medium" or "thin" thickness so you should be fine to go with those.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 21:30:32 »
Awesome, thanks for the info.

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 01:51:45 »

If you're looking for medium thickness PBT caps that'll play nicely with Costar stabilizers, I actually had some great luck with these cheap Banggood PBT caps.  The texture's pretty good and you can't beat the price. Plus they make a nice solid clunk when bottoming out without any rubbing.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 September 2014, 01:53:24 by Arcoril »

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 02:05:43 »
If you're looking for medium thickness PBT caps that'll play nicely with Costar stabilizers, I actually had some great luck with these cheap Banggood PBT caps.  The texture's pretty good and you can't beat the price. Plus they make a nice solid clunk when bottoming out without any rubbing.

+1

I love my BangGood PBT set. They could charge 2x as much and it would still be a good buy.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 10:59:34 »

Thanks, that's just perfect. I'm still not sure about the DSA profile, just seems weird to me. I'll definitely be going for these. Cheers!

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 08:13:44 »
Anyone mix/matching the black and white keycaps?

I'm tired of my keycaps, need thick PBT!

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 10:40:10 »
Was there any talk of finding the original vendor of the caps and using term to dye sub?

Imagine the navy blue caps with a black dye text. Very subtle effect.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 08:14:15 »
Was there any talk of finding the original vendor of the caps and using term to dye sub?

Imagine the navy blue caps with a black dye text. Very subtle effect.

I think Ivan was looking into who was actually making the caps. Dye sub legends on these caps would be nice, but I doubt they're equipped to do it. Might as well just get a set of imsto PBT with cherry legends.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 09:21:25 »
I think Ivan was looking into who was actually making the caps. Dye sub legends on these caps would be nice, but I doubt they're equipped to do it. Might as well just get a set of imsto PBT with cherry legends.

I don't think it would matter whether that particular manufacturer can handle it or not, I'm assuming Ivan would use the same process that the pitch black set is going through right now; KBC produced all the keys as blanks and then the ones that get dye-subbed get shipped to IMSTO.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 16:19:58 »

I don't think it would matter whether that particular manufacturer can handle it or not, I'm assuming Ivan would use the same process that the pitch black set is going through right now; KBC produced all the keys as blanks and then the ones that get dye-subbed get shipped to IMSTO.
I see. I did not think about that. Would be cool to see something like this come to fruition.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 07:23:35 »
Can anybody tell me if the spacebar is 6.25 factor and if the cherry stems placing would fit my WASD v2?
Any other keycaps that won't fit?
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 07:41:32 »
Can anybody tell me if the spacebar is 6.25 factor and if the cherry stems placing would fit my WASD v2?
It is 6.25x size, and would fit perfectly in a WASD v2.  They actually include two spacebars in the pack, one with the standard stem spacing, and another with Leopold's older weird spacing that made changing spacebars almost impossible(I guess if you wanted to put it on an older Leopold?).  I'm glad to see they've decided to finally allow their spacebars to be interchangeable.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 09:44:18 »
I also find it funny how they can include TWO PBT space bars in a $40 set and HHKB comes with an ABS space bar..

Offline yomammary

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:55:10 »
It is 6.25x size, and would fit perfectly in a WASD v2.  They actually include two spacebars in the pack, one with the standard stem spacing, and another with Leopold's older weird spacing that made changing spacebars almost impossible(I guess if you wanted to put it on an older Leopold?).  I'm glad to see they've decided to finally allow their spacebars to be interchangeable.
Thanks!
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline yomammary

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 07:09:03 »
Just bought the font facing black set :)

Do you guys know how long it takes to ship?
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 07:15:52 »

Mine took 3 weeks from day of purchase to the day I received them. Of course I'm CONUS so Canada could be different.

And on a side note I'm still using these caps on my daily driver, I may buy another set.  :thumb:

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 07:43:06 »

Mine took 3 weeks from day of purchase to the day I received them. Of course I'm CONUS so Canada could be different.

And on a side note I'm still using these caps on my daily driver, I may buy another set.  :thumb:
Your seal of approval actually helped persuade me to buy them since I know you're not usually a fan of pbt, so I knew they must be good!  :thumb:
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 09:50:13 »
Running these on my Poker II and they feel amazing. Potato :

Offline yomammary

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 10:29:11 »

Thanks!
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 10:37:22 »

Show Image

Looks great!

I like the classy look with the black gasmask and the Poker Mods  :thumb:

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #140 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 11:54:46 »

Show Image

Looks great!

I like the classy look with the black gasmask and the Poker Mods  :thumb:

Thanks!  :thumb: All it's waiting for now is the aluminum case I ordered from Massdrop.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 17:33:38 »
I hope people post more pics of these caps. I really want to try and jump on this.

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 05:58:24 »
Thank you dante, for the tip.
Some potatos.

78098-0
vs. some taihao + qfr caps (I really need some stab lube to change them)

78100-1

78102-2
vs. imsto
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

« Reply #143 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 20:39:56 »
Love these caps, by far my favorite ones. Now if only they used the font the Code uses...

The keepers: 660C/Blank 660M/Blues

Offline saint_james

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:43:24 »
I received my set of Leopold front-print keycaps from Widebasket earlier this week... absolutely satisfied.  Great quality and they feel awesome!
C = Q/V ≈ ε₀ (A/d)
Active: FC980C | FC660C Low-noise | RF 87u 55g | RF 23u
Inactive: WASD v2 | Pok3r | QFR | Aukey KM-G9 | Compaq RT101
Dead and buried: Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 00:58:50 »
I received my set of Leopold front-print keycaps from Widebasket earlier this week... absolutely satisfied.  Great quality and they feel awesome!
Pics?

Offline saint_james

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 11:50:13 »
I will post some pics later tonight if I have time... although they look just like the other Leopold front-print PBT keycaps pictured elsewhere in this thread.  My keyboard is nothing special, black case WASD V2 104 fullsize.

I will add that I was concerned about the stabilized keys sticking on the Costar stabilizers... in fact my spacebar did stick on initial installation.  I added o-rings to the keys and the spacebar no longer sticks.  I theorize that adding the o-rings shortens key travel enough to prevent the stabilizers from interfering with the keycap.   
C = Q/V ≈ ε₀ (A/d)
Active: FC980C | FC660C Low-noise | RF 87u 55g | RF 23u
Inactive: WASD v2 | Pok3r | QFR | Aukey KM-G9 | Compaq RT101
Dead and buried: Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite

Offline pyroman07

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 01:31:12 »
So will this work on the Leopold FC500R spacebar?  I found this picture, but idk which one of these the 500R uses: https://i.imgur.com/yN2LYfh.jpg

I bought this as my first mechanical looking to get into the scene, and I wanted to get keycaps for it earlier but I haven't been able to find one that will have a spacebar that fits so I never bought a set.

I'm afraid the spacebar will basically be this one (https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=sb_u2) which specifically says "DOES NOT FIT Leopold FC500R!"

I can't find a pciture of the second spacebar int his set and I want to make sure I could actually use it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 October 2014, 01:39:58 by pyroman07 »

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 08:24:57 »
Your kb is listed.

78755-0 78757-1
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

« Reply #149 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 15:54:51 »
It'll use either the universal bar or the Leopold-specific one. The sets come with both (notice in my pic I'm using blue bars on the Poker and the 660M at the same time), so you'll be good to go.
The keepers: 660C/Blank 660M/Blues