Author Topic: New CTRL.ALT set available "The Bro Set"  (Read 30342 times)

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
Re: New CTRL.ALT set available "The Bro Set"
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 11:28:53 »

Set sure would like nice with that Fauxluminum (Purple Bliss) bot though, wouldn't it?  :cool:

Speaking of the fist/eye caps, those going to be printed right? I mean, to be doubleshot there'd have to be a mold, so I'm guessing just pad printed or lasered?

they will be double shot, we have updated the svg since that mockup to make the gaps ok
:eek:
Can't wait to see it! Really awesome stuff Bunny, Cody, Bro, et al!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 12:17:15 »
More GeekHack caps to collect it seems.

Tell me about it! Can't believe I'm about to buy an entire set just so I can get two key caps.   :))

Man don't do it! I can give you my 2 geekhack keys!
Value your money...

Thank you isaske, that's very kind of you, but I couldn't resist and already bought the set.  :cool:

Okay, next time make sure u ask if someone has spare keys they don't really need. You might get one for free/cheap:)))
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 13:06:26 »

Tell me about it! Can't believe I'm about to buy an entire set just so I can get two key caps.   :))

Haha that is dedication! Not keen on the new Brocaps? I was tempted just for those  :thumb:

I'm buying it for the bro caps and geekhack caps =) my fiance can have the rest of the set. Showed it to her last night and she had no objections.

Haha nice! I wonder if there will be a topre option for the Bros like with the Toxic buy?

I meant for the fist/eye caps. Don't think there's anything as far as an actual bot.

Set sure would like nice with that Fauxluminum (Purple Bliss) bot though, wouldn't it?  :cool:

Speaking of the fist/eye caps, those going to be printed right? I mean, to be doubleshot there'd have to be a mold, so I'm guessing just pad printed or lasered?

they will be double shot, we have updated the svg since that mockup to make the gaps ok

Doubleshot by SP? Or doubleshot by Bro Caps? The distinction might be important..

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 14:11:12 »
More

Haha that is dedication! Not keen on the new Brocaps? I was tempted just for those  :thumb:

I'm buying it for the bro caps and geekhack caps =) my fiance can have the rest of the set. Showed it to her last night and she had no objections.

Haha nice! I wonder if there will be a topre option for the Bros like with the Toxic buy?

I meant for the fist/eye caps. Don't think there's anything as far as an actual bot.

Doubleshot by SP? Or doubleshot by Bro Caps? The distinction might be important..

They are new legends cut by SP. After all the drama and chargebacks caused by bundling V2s with Toxic, I think that neither Bunny nor Bro are eager to repeat that…

Offline Motan22

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 14:19:44 »
Oops, think I should of ordered through paypal but I didn't want to miss out! Bank just stung for me a bunch of oversees transaction fees, will have to remember about that next time!

Either way, exciting!  :)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 14:35:09 »
as a point of reference to something you have

its the same purple as the purple key here

Show Image

Whoa, when did SP get that nice purple color?  Back in the day they only had light pinky-lavender.

Will order tonight. :thumb:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 14:51:59 »
as a point of reference to something you have

its the same purple as the purple key here

Show Image

Whoa, when did SP get that nice purple color?  Back in the day they only had light pinky-lavender.

Will order tonight. :thumb:
That purple seems to be apart of their abs colors now, but they're able to mix anything in the pantone chart for no extra charge.
I love Elzy

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 15:38:51 »
It was there for the Lily set, but def not there when I created the Billiards sets.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 16:32:28 »
Check out the new set that just dropped on [CTRL]ALT!

https://ctrlalt.io/buys/the-bro-set

Personally I love the colors and like the fact that it is DCS.

It's purple!

Purple is my kryptonite!

I can't say no!

Why you do this to me?

Offline feizor

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 17:11:42 »
How well will the purple legends show up on the black alphas?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 17:16:12 »
my SP color wheel knowledge is slightly lacking, but I think it should be a fairly decent contrast.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 20:44:24 »
Run for a week or until they hit 90 sets. Bunny estimates that it'll be sold out by tomorrow (today?) afternoon.

Amazing how little advertising at all has pushed the numbers sky high in such a short time.  Would this be a new Geekhack record for payment sign ups, for a single Group Buy?
This was posted on reddit almost immediately after it was posted here, so not a surprise it got so many orders.

Also, any mention of bro caps and people come running with money in their hands.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 21:20:00 »
Run for a week or until they hit 90 sets. Bunny estimates that it'll be sold out by tomorrow (today?) afternoon.

Amazing how little advertising at all has pushed the numbers sky high in such a short time.  Would this be a new Geekhack record for payment sign ups, for a single Group Buy?
This was posted on reddit almost immediately after it was posted here, so not a surprise it got so many orders.

Also, any mention of bro caps and people come running with money in their hands.

Brobots are a favourite among many here :)

In future, we can poke Brofist caps.. and poke Brobots eyes! He he..

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 00:23:04 »

So someone is making special key-caps with faces on them and you lot go crazy?  Never bought a so-called 'Bro-bot' but appreciate the effort that goes into customizing small caps as sculptures to be adorned upon many keyboards.

Just doesn't excite me that much compared to getting the whole key-set done in a special colour  :thumb: .

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 00:31:53 »
Just ordered. I sent you a pm last night bunny, not sure if you got it. I went ahead and ordered anyway as I didn't want to miss out.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 00:41:35 »

So someone is making special key-caps with faces on them and you lot go crazy?  Never bought a so-called 'Bro-bot' but appreciate the effort that goes into customizing small caps as sculptures to be adorned upon many keyboards.

Just doesn't excite me that much compared to getting the whole key-set done in a special colour  :thumb: .

You don't know what you are missing Elrick. These little guys are amazing to behold. I'd bet it will e the talk of convict town if you have one! :)

Offline GSimon

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 01:18:01 »

That was I, would have posted even sooner though had to try and secure my set first :). Didn't share the recent KBK sale there though to help my odds, was still a fail though for me.

Thanks Bunny for helping me with the payment, nice to have kickass shipping and customer service. If you start drawing on shipping boxes like Binge it would be game over ;) Totally kidding though I want you to have some time for sleep!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 01:18:44 »
Perfect color, perfect profile, perfect vendor! + BRO!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 01:41:04 »
You don't know what you are missing Elrick. These little guys are amazing to behold. I'd bet it will e the talk of convict town if you have one! :)

If anyone at work found out I collected key-caps in general, I'll be b1tchedslapped till next Thursday  :-[ .

You don't want to let anyone know your hobbies, especially where I live. 

My Mrs still finds it amazing that I spend money on these trinkets to begin with, yet she swore to me she'll tell no one about my sick obsession with these plastic things.  That is why I am now officially her "Mangina" doing things for her that I normally would never do.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 June 2014, 01:45:09 by Elrick »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 01:46:55 »

If anyone at work found out I collected key-caps in general, I'll be b1tchedslapped till next Thursday  :-[ .

My Mrs still finds it amazing that I spend money on these trinkets to begin with, yet she swore to me she'll tell no one about my sick obsession with these plastic things.  That is why I am now officially her "Mangina" doing things for her that I normally would never do.

That's just sad man. Here if someone doesn't like it then screw them. :) I'll tell everyone at work that I love keyboards!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 03:15:30 »
Oops, think I should of ordered through paypal but I didn't want to miss out! Bank just stung for me a bunch of oversees transaction fees, will have to remember about that next time!

that shouldnt be the case man, as its to a UK account, but im interested to know about that if you could pm me some details
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Belfong

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 03:55:05 »

Ha ha .. not manly enough for you?

Then what about the new Skele bro? That looked nasty. It would make you the man you are!!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 07:40:34 »
about 5 sets left and we are gonna close this

now or never ladies and gents

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 07:46:45 »
Wow!

This set sold like hot cakes!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 07:54:45 »
Just checked out the site on my PC (rather than phone) and damn guys, the site is really really nice. Love that you have all your previous GB's on there.... can't believe Miami was almost a year ago :O

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 08:12:58 »
Wow!

This set sold like hot cakes!

i actually made the numbers a little higher as well, as we went over what i initially planned, but im gonna let another 5 sets get sold publicly before we close in case anyone was sat on the fence

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 08:34:27 »
I am going to adorn my currently unbuilt purple keyboard with this stunning purple caps, and I can't wait.
I got boards.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 11:11:44 »

that shouldnt be the case man, as its to a UK account, but im interested to know about that if you could pm me some details

For me, they charged me the initial amount (~122) then an extra $2, then gave me $2. I think the $2 thing may be to check if it is a legitimate credit card or something..

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 11:20:43 »

For me, they charged me the initial amount (~122) then an extra $2, then gave me $2. I think the $2 thing may be to check if it is a legitimate credit card or something..

yeah i believe it does that as cvc check

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 11:21:46 »
I'll be this guy again. Anyone want to be a bro/sis and sell me their GH caps from this set?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 12:03:56 »
I'll be this guy again. Anyone want to be a bro/sis and sell me their GH caps from this set?

I can.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 13:39:34 »
I can as well. I can also gift them to you, no problem.
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 13:40:29 »

No, I'LL DO IT! Don't trust these other do-gooders. I'm the one who has your back! :thumb:

Offline GSimon

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 13:43:18 »

No, I'LL DO IT! Don't trust these other do-gooders. I'm the one who has your back! :thumb:

Stop this nonsense, I found out about GH from reddit and you know the perceptions that's been instilled of me of this place. I would gladly part with my keys!

(Jk I'm a hoarder and am keeping them )
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 June 2014, 13:47:37 by GSimon »

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 13:55:03 »

Or you could be a real chump man and buy the full set.  :p

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 14:01:41 »

Or you could be a real chump man and buy the full set.  :p

its even purple, the quintessential cpt colour

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 14:23:01 »
its even purple, the quintessential cpt colour

I know right? In fact, I think he's going to have to drop "BadAss" from his name if he DOESN'T by it. Comeon CPT! Do you bleed purple, or not?

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 14:57:34 »

Offline badloop

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:34:19 »
It hurts so much to not buy this.....  :(
PBT FTW

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:35:34 »

We try not to promote self inflicted pain, so I suggest you buy it!!! :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:36:48 »

3 sets left publicly sir, now is your chance to not hate your self, don't want any self harm on my account

Offline badloop

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:38:09 »

Sadly my wife would kill me if i started dipping into our "together" money for *my* toys... and I just bought *another* board. so I'm short of "toy" funds.  Question though, will purchasers of the set get first dibs on the the Purple Bliss? (PM me if necessary.... cause i might have to find funds if so....)
PBT FTW

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:38:51 »
as i guess this has become the current update thread

ill post this here

the order will be placed with sp on monday, stripe transfers the money to me after 7 days, o once the first days sales are in my account (monday) i can place the order as i can front the money for the orders placed after that, and this will ship within a day or 2 of us receiving the sets, as its a nice simple small order ith stock colours it'll be a nice fast turnaround

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 16:21:09 »
as i guess this has become the current update thread

ill post this here

the order will be placed with sp on monday, stripe transfers the money to me after 7 days, o once the first days sales are in my account (monday) i can place the order as i can front the money for the orders placed after that, and this will ship within a day or 2 of us receiving the sets, as its a nice simple small order ith stock colours it'll be a nice fast turnaround
YEAAAAAAAAAAH
I love Elzy

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 17:35:01 »
Just ordered, hope i got a set ><

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 17:41:27 »
More on this Bro bot though...me want lol

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 17:45:05 »

There's no bro bots being sold here. The fist and eyes cap is a double shot mold custom cut by SP, I think?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: New CTRL.ALT set available &quot;The Bro Set&quot;
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 17:48:58 »
To everyone who offered to send me caps, thank you, I'll send y'all many annoying PMs :P

Mashby and bunnylake, I *love* the colorway but Im not buying anymore dcs sets. I've got enough of them. Perhaps I can sell a set to make room for this one though...

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 17:53:13 »

There's no bro bots being sold here. The fist and eyes cap is a double shot mold custom cut by SP, I think?

That's my understanding of it, though there has been some speculation of a tie-in to the Fauxluminum Purple Bliss bot that has been teased (seems to be the same theme.)

I'm sure Bro's board is still the place to check for news on Bro Caps.... you either see something there, or they just show up in the wild like unicorns!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 17:54:54 »

Sadly my wife would kill me if i started dipping into our "together" money for *my* toys... and I just bought *another* board. so I'm short of "toy" funds.  Question though, will purchasers of the set get first dibs on the the Purple Bliss? (PM me if necessary.... cause i might have to find funds if so....)

a gentleman never tells