Author Topic: Ideas for a fix to this g502 tracking error?  (Read 10099 times)

Offline dmbr

Ideas for a fix to this g502 tracking error?
« on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 14:20:34 »
Well, I've gone through three Logitech g502 mice, and all of them exhibit the problem described in this thread:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/G502-tracking-problems/td-p/1248810

Basicly if I do a fast sweep on any mousepad the sensor suddenly spazz out and in a FPS game the crosshair will aim directly on the roof(meaning it will just point straight up).. It doesnt happend all the time, but it happends and it shouldent with a sensor that is capable of high max tracking speeds. I have done a tons of testing on diffrent mousepads including: Puretrak talent, Mionix Sargas, Steelseries Qck, CM Speed, QPAD CT, Razer goliathus control, Steelseries S&S, Func surface 1030 and some more.
I can reach maxtracking speeds above 6,65m/sec on most of these pads without problem in Enotus. But still this tracking problem shows itself in the middle of a game, when I do a fast motion.

The problem occurs on both my laptop and desktop (both Windows 7 64-bit), at any DPI I've tried. I am using raw input in tf2, the only game I play. One poster in the linked thread noted the error occurring in a game which uses a different engine though.

I'm somewhat baffled, and too exasperated to exchange my current one again. I do quite like the mouse, however, and would like to find a solution...any ideas, geeks?
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 July 2014, 14:32:55 by dmbr »

Offline Amble

Re: Ideas for a fix to this g502 tracking error?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 18:23:23 »
Sorry I don't have a solution.  I had the same exact issue before returning it.  I looked everywhere for a fix, but it just seems to be a hardware issue.  I never had a issue like that with my G602.  I was using a G440 mouse pad too, which has a profile in the software to calibrate the mouse to automatically.  So, it can't be an issue with the surface I was using because if that one doesn't work I don't know what would.

Offline dmbr

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 23:36:01 »
Thanks for the reply. I wonder how common this is...could it be that many people just don't move the mouse fast enough to encounter the problem? I wish I knew so I could decide on whether to just try exchanging it one more time or wait for a firmware update. Aside from its excessive heaviness and this error, it's essentially my dream mouse :(

Regardless, it can't be rare enough that people shouldn't be making a commotion about it. This is a damn pricey mouse, and the big selling point is the "perfect" sensor. Three duds in a row is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 July 2014, 23:40:50 by dmbr »

Offline Amble

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 01:30:50 »
Yeah, it was a decent mouse and very promising when it was first reviewed.  I do move my mouse very fast a lot in BF4 to try and spot players I otherwise couldn't see.  It was a little too narrow for me, but it was a design a could get used to.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 12:47:07 »
just bought this mouse online yesterday, this is discouraging news :(
sell out and eat ass

Offline dmbr

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 21:10:15 »
Update: Logitech released a firmware update that was supposed to fix this error...it didn't :/

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 19:54:26 »
I received my mouse from amazon and it does not have any off these issues. Maybe only a select batch were faulty?
sell out and eat ass

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 07:49:41 »
just bought this mouse online yesterday, this is discouraging news :(

Update: Logitech released a firmware update that was supposed to fix this error...it didn't :/

I received my mouse from amazon and it does not have any off these issues. Maybe only a select batch were faulty?

Argh. I just bought this, too. I hope I get the same result as HP.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 09:09:56 »
I heard they released a fix only a couple of days ago, another one than people currently refer to. No idea whether it fixes the issue. I am self holding out till another company uses this sensor and puts it in a more aesthetically pleasing housing. But that's a matter of opinion, of course.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g