Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Kiwi_321

Hi there!
« on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 03:49:54 »
Long time lurker here wanting to sell my (damaged) Filco majestouch 2 ninja.

My spacebar switch needs replacing and I unfortunately don't have the skillz to fix it :(

Unfortunately I've been stung for not contributing anything to the site and can't make a classifieds post! (I.e. 25 post minimum).  Looks like I'll be having to try and reach that threshold by asking questions to figure out what my next KB is going to be! :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 July 2014, 03:56:37 by Kiwi_321 »

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 04:42:16 »
Welcome to geekhack.

How's your spacebar broken?

Offline Kiwi_321

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 09:01:45 »
The brown part of the switch within the switch casing snapped (i.e. the actual brown part of the switch between the base of the switch and the '+' snapped).

The entire switch needs to be replaced and unfortunately I don't have the soldering ability, let alone hardware.

Offline Kiwi_321

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 20:39:23 »
Wanted to bump this and ask something...(Not sure where else I can go to ask)

The classifieds section requires 2 mths account, and 25 posts. I've been a long time lurker, so my problem is I only have 10 posts since 2011. My question is - when I go profile/show posts, it shows I have made 21 posts. However, In my avatar (i.e. on the left of this post), it says I've only made 10 posts?

Some clarification on this would be great, as I'm keen to make a classifieds post. As far as I know, GH is the best place to try and sell a KB?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 20:45:44 »

The classifieds section requires 2 mths account, and 25 posts. I've been a long time lurker, so my problem is I only have 10 posts since 2011. My question is - when I go profile/show posts, it shows I have made 21 posts. However, In my avatar (i.e. on the left of this post), it says I've only made 10 posts?

Some clarification on this would be great, as I'm keen to make a classifieds post. As far as I know, GH is the best place to try and sell a KB?

Not all areas count - posts in Off Topic and New Members for example do not count towards your total post count.

Depending on how much you'd want to spend, there are GH members who could replace a switch for you.  You'd be up for postage costs and the price of a switch but not much more.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline teedotohhh

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 22:44:38 »
Not all areas count - posts in Off Topic and New Members for example do not count towards your total post count.

Aww man really? I just created an account on GH and those two places are the most accessible to me. I'm totally clueless when it comes to other parts of this forum.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 22:48:28 »

Aww man really? I just created an account on GH and those two places are the most accessible to me. I'm totally clueless when it comes to other parts of this forum.

Doesn't matter.  Join in - tell people what you think of the pictures they post in the media section.

Maybe you know a bit about ergonomics.

Perhaps you can help someone with Linux or programming queries.

There are many ways to participate :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Kiwi_321

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 22:59:01 »

Depending on how much you'd want to spend, there are GH members who could replace a switch for you.  You'd be up for postage costs and the price of a switch but not much more.

Great, thanks for the help mate.

Unfortunately, being in Australia, my scope of who I can send a KB to is greatly limited. For example, it would cost roughly $60 to send one from Sydney to Florida registered.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 23:17:46 »

Great, thanks for the help mate.

Unfortunately, being in Australia, my scope of who I can send a KB to is greatly limited. For example, it would cost roughly $60 to send one from Sydney to Florida registered.

Yeah, and about the same to get it back.  It's a bugger that we don't have anyone providing keyboard services over here.  You are not the first to ask.