Author Topic: [IC] GON NerD60 PCB. MOQ24 = Black colour for free - GB is LIVE!!!!  (Read 18892 times)

Offline GON

• * Maker
  • Skype ID : GonsKeyboardWorks
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
Re: [IC] GON NerD60 PCB. MOQ24 = Black colour for free - GB is LIVE!!!!
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 00:17:40 »
In that case, just let me know what you need.
I will add the product to your current order. Then would you just send the added charge(optional soldering does not require extra shipping) via paypal gift payment?

If you place a new order, the website will automatically impose you extra shipping.

Thanks,
GON
Even though I have made/assembled/tuned HUNDREDs of keyboards for others, I myself don't have a full-tuned Custom Keyboard now.
So Ironical!

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 08:29:27 »
Ah ok, I just need the diodes soldered. Paypal gift payment works fine, I should be able to use my order # as a comment or just pm you if they don't let me attach a comment. How much and to what address shall I send?

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 12:55:35 »
Ah ok, I just need the diodes soldered. Paypal gift payment works fine, I should be able to use my order # as a comment or just pm you if they don't let me attach a comment. How much and to what address shall I send?

http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/customizing-services-and-etc/114-optional-soldering-for-nerd-60-pcb.html

Choose options you want. And place an order, then send me paypal gift payment except for the shipping added. ;)
The website will let you know my paypal acc when checking out.
Even though I have made/assembled/tuned HUNDREDs of keyboards for others, I myself don't have a full-tuned Custom Keyboard now.
So Ironical!

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 13:37:30 »
Payment sent :) Hoping I did that right

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 13:39:54 »
Payment sent :) Hoping I did that right

You've done it right. ;)
I updated your order status.
So Ironical!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 02:03:36 »
Because I could not miss this GB, and I said I want one in the IC I sold my Poker X with MX reds and stickered (my first ever keyboard) and got the funds for this amazing PCB  :thumb:
I'm a man of my word  :cool:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline okwchin

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 04:09:50 »
GON - just to keep everyone updated, would you be able to let us know how many PCB's have been purchased? Helps us to make sure we are not going to miss out, or if we still have space, helping to bring in people to get us over the line.

Secondly, Will you be doing crystal cases for the 60% housing (i.e. frosted acrylic top and bottom panels)?
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 September 2014, 04:16:58 by okwchin »

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 04:14:17 »
I can't seems to find an article/guide about what soldering job and part are necessary to go from a naked PCB to a PCB switch mounted just looking for keys/Case . All i can find is wiring custom things . Anyone got a link ?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline okwchin

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 04:27:55 »
As in, what steps are required to solder the switch to the PCB?

I haven't looked too hard, nor fully watched the video, but this one is a general soldering video, and covers a few concepts. The only thing I would not do for the MX switches is bend the leads of the switch. I would just hold the switch against the PCB by having it against the table.

The switches should fit into the PCB a certain way, and thats it. Practically just normal soldering from there. The same apply for the diodes if your doing those too. But direction becomes relevant here as the diode is polarised.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 04:43:07 »
Yeah pretty much .

From what i gathered it seems that diodes need to be soldered , resistors if you wanna add leds . Aswell as a tensy + controller ?

But i can't find a complete ressource on it , the geekhack wiki seems to be empty .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 04:51:13 »
The controller is presoldered and also the electronics required for the controller to work. The controller is not a teensy, is something that GON has developed and is what makes this board special  :cool:
What you need to solder are the diodes and the switches. You will also have to solder resistors if you want LED's . The diodes, if I'm not wrong are DIP not SMD so not that hard to solder even if you don't have experience.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 05:00:21 »
Thanks Daniel , it's a bit more clear to me .

Soldering isn't an issue .

I'm just looking to read stuff to understand how those things work underneath .

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline okwchin

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 05:07:32 »
Teensy / controller will not be required. the SMD controller is already soldered to the PCB. You only need to be adding the switches, diodes, and relevant resistors/LEDs

Haha, beat me to it!

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 05:19:59 »
What resistors are needed if I want a white or red LED?

Offline okwchin

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 05:24:47 »

The resistors you need are very specific to the board you have, and the LEDs you chose. Its essentially determined by the voltage supply, the voltage drop of the LED, and the resistance required to achieve the desired current through the LED for the given voltage.

I recall that GON's website helped you determine which resistors you needed for the NERD board. I think it was in the resistor item page.

http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/electric-parts/15-resistorssmd-100-pcs.html

The resistor for white, or red LEDs will be different.

Offline zeifer

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 05:47:48 »
really interested in full assembly. how should i order? order the pcb 1st then fill this link 1st
http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/pcbs-and-controllers/113-black-nerd-60-pcb-okwchin-gb.html

or straight go to this link?
http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/custom-kbds-w-assembly/101-gon-ns-nerd-60-w-tuningassembly.html

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 06:44:41 »
really interested in full assembly. how should i order? order the pcb 1st then fill this link 1st
http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/pcbs-and-controllers/113-black-nerd-60-pcb-okwchin-gb.html

http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/custom-kbds-w-assembly/101-gon-ns-nerd-60-w-tuningassembly.html
Look on the previous page, GON has explained how to add customization options  :thumb:

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 07:24:45 »

Hi zeifer,

This will be a help to you. ;)

- "Will there be a Proxy available for the US customers?"

=> As you guess, I will ship the PCBs to the address of the buyer.
So a buyer should collect orders before he finally place an order to me. ;)

- There are a few non-windows based users (myself included). the following is an excerpt from one of the comments. "I'm very interested in a 60% right now, but I don't do Windows - all OS X + Linux machines, so it looks like the programmer isn't very useful.  If the source code for the basic CLI editor were available, that'd be a big deal for me to consider the board!"

=>Unfortunately, opening the source code for NerD frim or Software seems to be unavailable. sorry....

- Another member requested full assembly of their board. Depending on case choice, I am sure GON can work something out for you utilising this black PCB.
=> No Problem. ;)

One more thing to let you know...
MOQ is decreased, but there came one more limit...
The QTY should be multiple of 24. So, in this case the number will be limited to 24.
I will only open orders for 24 pcs.
So, they should place orders before the PCBs are all gone.

About Schedule

- I will place order for manufacturing PCBs when the number of orders/payments reach 20 to save time.
(Paypal Gift Payment is prefered. You can choose the option when checking out. I updated my website for that. ;))
- Then I need one business week to get the PCBs from the factory. And I need a week to solder controllers and do test.
- In short, the ETA will be "at the time of 20 orders taken" + 1 business week + 2~3 days for shipping preparation + Delivery via UPS/EMS or equivalent Express Shipping(Generally get within a week.)

And I have a suggestion,
I will open 10 special price orders for GON NS NerD 60 non-glare Black( /w SCM435 Steel Bolts and Black AL Legs) Housing to fit Black PCB.
This will be a combo-product consisted of Non-Glare Black NS NerD 60 Housing + Black PCB = $203. ;)

The order is open now.

1> PCB or PCB+Housing Combo

2> Optional Soldering(Should place an order for PCB before you order Soldering)
http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/customizing-services-and-etc/114-optional-soldering-for-nerd-60-pcb.html

3> If you want full assembly, you have to place an order for PCB first(QTY should be decreased for your order) then place a full assembly kbd.
(I will adjust pricing(-$53). Full assembly order is for me to identify your assembly options clearly.)

Now all Clear? ;)
So Ironical!

Offline okwchin

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 00:11:09 »
Somewhat off the main topic, but relevant,

GON - What is the equivalent spring weight for a red switch - 50, or 55g springs. (essentially, I'm looking for a spring weight conversion chart for the springs you have in stock)

As far as I understand, the brown/red use the same spring. You don't specifically sell a red slider, therefore a black with the same spring should be equivalent to a red?

And from that, is the 50 or 55g the equivalent of an "ergo clear"?

Secondly, are the stock springs still included? Such as, if I were to buy Modded clears, will you still send me the stock springs from the switches?

Hope this helps those who are also ordering switches.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 September 2014, 00:13:08 by okwchin »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 11:44:20 »
How close to MOQ are we ? I'm just curious, when I placed my order I saw a "Last few items" warning on the website :cool:

Offline okwchin

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 21:30:05 »
I guess we could try and tally who those who have purchased. Feel free to add to the list.

cjhard - 1?
kitsun8 - 1?
DanielT - 1?
Okwchin - 2
Vibex - 1

Total accounted for in this thread = 6
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 September 2014, 21:37:15 by okwchin »

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 21:36:02 »
I guess we could try and tally who those who have purchased. Feel free to add to the list.

cjhard - 1?
kitsun8 - 1?
DanielT - 1?
Okwchin - 2

Total accounted for in this thread = 5
I bought one.

Offline okwchin

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 21:40:07 »
AWESOME!   :thumb:

cjhard - 1?
kitsun8 - 1?
DanielT - 1
Okwchin - 2
Vibex - 1

(but we know there will be more lurkers, and those who have not had the chance to check back, so this is the unofficial tally for those who are up to date in this thread, at least we know it can be less than this figure.)
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 September 2014, 04:41:10 by okwchin »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 04:39:45 »
I ordered and paid 1 :) so it's official . Today MD released my blocked money, so I'm really happy :D
Hope the MOQ is reached soon because I really want this board, been dreaming to have a GON board for a long time, and to have a limited edition black PCB is cool.

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 06:14:16 »
Have you PMed the other people who have expressed interest? Are you allowed to start a new thread in Group Buys or is it better to wait for those who put down interests? Maybe we could get more buyers in the group buy forum  :p I'm so happy I bought this, now just to play the waiting game  ;D

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 06:22:58 »
okwchin  sent PM's to the people with all the details neede, I have got one from him and it was very useful, that's how I know. As this is a live GB I think you are right, it should be moved/renamed to gain more visibility  :thumb:

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 07:09:59 »
Chatted with GON , I'll be in once i'm sure my friend can do the soldering job .

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 07:14:25 »
okwchin  sent PM's to the people with all the details neede, I have got one from him and it was very useful, that's how I know. As this is a live GB I think you are right, it should be moved/renamed to gain more visibility  :thumb:

AWESOME!   :thumb:

cjhard - 1?
kitsun8 - 1?
DanielT - 1
Okwchin - 2
Vibex - 1

(but we know there will be more lurkers, and those who have not had the chance to check back, so this is the unofficial tally for those who are up to date in this thread, at least we know it can be less than this figure.)

Now I got about 10 orders and 8 payments, I think there is little possibility that this GB is cancelled, but we need more members to reduce lead time.... I don't like wasting too much time. ;) As you may know, I even sold NerD 60 PCB at very cheap price to GH(?)60 Housing GB members, just because I could not wait GH60 PCB comes out and changed the housing to fit NerD 60 not GH60.

I promise I will fulfill this GB. Would you help me reduce lead time? ;)
So Ironical!

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 10:04:55 »
I need until the 19th to place my order due to funds.

Offline GON

• * Maker
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 10:11:18 »
I need until the 19th to place my order due to funds.

No problem. ;)
So Ironical!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 03:50:58 »
Bump :D We need more to join to get this limited and cool PCB  :cool:

Offline okwchin

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 04:53:28 »
Thanks for the update GON. 10 / 20(24). I will get this on the GB forum when I get a chance. Maybe I could just copy paste the whole thing. At least that would get this thread out into the GB area, and get people buying!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 05:01:41 »
I think you can PM a moderator and he will move the thread in the GB sub forum.

Offline xybre

• clickityclackclickityclack
    • Music and Stuff
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 07:08:00 »
Can I just buy the PCB now and wait (2-3 weeks) until the funds show up for the assembly? I was going to buy a GON soon anyway, but I don't want to miss the black PCB.
GON NerD 60 & Duck Eagle & Unicomp Ultra Classic & Das Keyboard Ultimate

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 07:11:22 »
Well I paid the PCB first, and only after few days paid also for soldering, so I guess it should be OK. It would be a shame to miss a limited edition  :cool:

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 07:16:34 »
Can I just buy the PCB now and wait (2-3 weeks) until the funds show up for the assembly? I was going to buy a GON soon anyway, but I don't want to miss the black PCB.
Buy it now and then in the comments just tell gon to reserve it for later assembly. I'm sure he can work something out for you :)

Offline xybre

• Music and Stuff
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 07:36:24 »
Well I paid the PCB first, and only after few days paid also for soldering, so I guess it should be OK. It would be a shame to miss a limited edition  :cool:

Yeah thats how I feel too.

Buy it now and then in the comments just tell gon to reserve it for later assembly. I'm sure he can work something out for you :)

Done! So now I'm in :)

Worst case scenario, if its not possible, I can always get the PCB and deal with it later, but I'd like to see GON's haniwork myself!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 07:49:55 »
Good decision  :thumb:

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 08:07:52 »

Yeah thats how I feel too.

Done! So now I'm in :)

Worst case scenario, if its not possible, I can always get the PCB and deal with it later, but I'd like to see GON's haniwork myself!
CONGRATZ! Another 1 down on our count to MOQ :D

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 21:37:25 »
I have been contemplating on ordering this for a while now. I will be ordering a universal 60% from GON and ordering this would not hurt much the shipping already in place but unfortunately I have ordered the PCB from BunnyLake. Arrrgghhh, what to do? haha

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 00:08:41 »
(wispering voice.....) order this one too you will not regret it ....  :cool:

Offline DzyDzyDino

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 02:06:17 »
I haven't seen anything that said this isn't still going on so...
I will most likely be getting one or two... What kind of case/plate would I have to get to make this work though? Would I have to order laser-cut parts from somewhere? maybe qwer.io? or order a case from GON as well? I don't have a problem with soldering, but I'm just kind of new to the rest of the case stuff so slightly intimidated, but I'd love to put together my own board. Especially a GON.

Offline xybre

• Music and Stuff
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 02:17:19 »
I will most likely be getting one or two... What kind of case/plate would I have to get to make this work though? Would I have to order laser-cut parts from somewhere? maybe qwer.io? or order a case from GON as well? I don't have a problem with soldering, but I'm just kind of new to the rest of the case stuff so slightly intimidated, but I'd love to put together my own board. Especially a GON.

You can order it bundled with the case :) There's also an option for certain resistors or LEDS presoldered if you like.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 02:28:07 »
GON confirmed that the GB will go on, and we will get the black PCB's :) We just need to help with the MOQ :thumb: So go ahead and order!

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 05:44:23 »

You can order it bundled with the case :) There's also an option for certain resistors or LEDS presoldered if you like.

i would like to add that this PCB is compatible with all poker 2 cases  ;D I can't wait to start assembling my keyboard  :p

Offline okwchin

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 12:34:57 »
GB thread on its way :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 September 2014, 19:36:00 by okwchin »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 23:28:10 »
I posted also on Deskthority, maybe some people over there are interested too ;)

Offline beltet

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 06:26:23 »
I posted also on Deskthority, maybe some people over there are interested too ;)

Saw it there and is interested. Will have to look over the treasure first...

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 20:31:29 »
I'm down for one! Do I contact GON if I am going to have him out together my order?

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 22:21:35 »
You just order it from GON's website, the link is the OP ;)
Don't wait too long, by the looks of it there will be only 24 PCB's produced, so secure your place in this select club :thumb: