Author Topic: Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball Question  (Read 1914 times)

Offline EpicSNES

• how do i keyboard
Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball Question
« on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 05:23:28 »
I've been looking at getting the Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball but one thing keeps holding me back, most of the reviews I read people complain about the tilt of the trackball, that is makes their wrist bend too much and cause discomfort. Has anyone who owns this experienced this or found a work-around? I'm kind of tempted to pick up the Slimblade since it's lower profile but it's a $40 difference.

Thanks!

Edit: To add, I've seen Kurplop's work-around, but that's a little out of my league of what I can do at this time :D

@mods should this be moved to ergo?
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 July 2014, 06:42:03 by EpicSNES »

Filco Tenkeyless mx blue

Offline Tactile

Re: Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball Question
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 23:45:51 »
I have one and also had an Expert Mouse Pro in the past. I use the included wrist rest and in use my hand is just level, not tilted to match the 'ball. All the tilt does is make the forward buttons a lot easier to press than if it was level.
REΛLFORCE

Offline nm156

Re: Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball Question
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 11:30:19 »
I also own the KEM and like some others do not like the steep tilt.
Never used it without propping it up long enough to cause discomfort, but it feels quite awkward.

I had a spare sheet of 6mm Vibram rubber and cut a few strips to prop up the rear of the mouse, making it much more comfortable to use, while preventing it from sliding around.
It would also work to find some type of rubber wedge.