Author Topic: banners and rep  (Read 4626 times)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
banners and rep
« on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 04:44:12 »
what if geekhack had a rep system, which i've seen other forums use, that also incorporate banners, say if you get a lot of good rep on informative post you could get a tiny banner below your name/avatar the corresponds with your rep, maybe along with a little bar on the bottom that says like "+2,4 chance to make informative posts"
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: banners and rep
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 05:19:37 »
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 05:47:41 »
at least i mentioned pretty pictures and colours
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 06:09:49 »
:facepalm:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 06:10:59 »
So what if I roll a 3?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 06:19:57 »

So what if I roll a 3?
if you do post a pic, get hella rep and a banner saying "the average die player"
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 06:20:33 »

anything for your post count it seems
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 06:55:20 »

anything for your post count it seems

Well considering this topic has been discussed a few times already and the consensus has been at this point in its life geekhack doesn't need a rep system, not even sure if the forum software supports it and there are many other bugs that need fixed that affect everyday posting besides adding features.

Also all the butthurt over bigger avatars, sig photo sized etc....something tells me the majority wouldn't want banners plastered everywhere.

Those who help people don' t do it for recognition they do it because we are all keyboard geeks and we enjoy this hobby.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 07:10:53 »
well the forum software supports it i think, i've seen it on the same thingamajig, as for the butthurt, i guess deal with it or have it an option like sigs and avatars

also it doesn't just have to be help n stuff, it could also be an overall status banner
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:05:53 »
we've talked about this before

this is GH not reddit

no need for a rep system
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:56:44 »

this is GH not reddit

no need for a rep system
then how about the banners part
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 03:23:28 »
Banners, like the elder stars?

If not representing reputation (seeing as how there's be no way to +/- vote a post)m what would they represent?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 03:38:30 »

If not representing reputation (seeing as how there's be no way to +/- vote a post)m what would they represent?
stats? the forum has activity stats, so you could automatically receive a little banner based on your activity, that would work, wouldn't it?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 06:24:01 »

stats? the forum has activity stats, so you could automatically receive a little banner based on your activity, that would work, wouldn't it?

That might tend to make people more conscious of how much they are posting, or how much they are not.

There are a few of us who post a little more often than others, there are some who are online more (without posting).  There are some who post more technical information.

Not sure that showing stats would achieve much - if you want to see someone's stats you can click the stats link on their profile page - there are many stats there.

Which stat in particular were you thinking about?

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
banners and rep
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 07:05:54 »

That might tend to make people more conscious of how much they are posting, or how much they are not.

There are a few of us who post a little more often than others, there are some who are online more (without posting).  There are some who post more technical information.

Not sure that showing stats would achieve much - if you want to see someone's stats you can click the stats link on their profile page - there are many stats there.

Which stat in particular were you thinking about?
overall stats, tbh
the banners imo should be thin and comical
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 10:16:18 »
if you're concerned about stats there's already a stats page
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 10:37:59 »
No pai. Just no...

All this would do is make the "elites" feel more elite and the "plebs" feel more like plebs.

No use for it whatsoever.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 10:39:45 »

if you're concerned about stats there's already a stats page
it's just  gonna be a cute probably optional addition not a complete revamp or whatevs

(btw plz don't compare everything to reddit)
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 10:44:36 »

No pai. Just no...

All this would do is make the "elites" feel more elite and the "plebs" feel more like plebs.

if someone's using a tiny fun banner as a basis of superiority that's their problem :/
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 10:48:29 »

No pai. Just no...

if someone's using a tiny fun banner as a basis of superiority that's their problem :/

Explain to me again what other purpose it would serve? Because I just don't see any...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 11:05:49 »

No pai. Just no...

Explain to me again what other purpose it would serve? Because I just don't see any...
if you're going to be like that, what purpose does like at least 50% of the forum's features serve??????????????

it's a little bit of spice to the forum, which afaik is compatible with the software
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 21:27:05 »

this is GH not reddit

no need for a rep system

Really because I sure as hell can't tell the difference most days.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 09:25:14 »
I want to have lots of large, brightly colored banners about Microsoft software all over my profile because I am the president.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 16:27:04 »
I want to have lots of large, brightly colored banners about Microsoft software all over my profile because I am the president.

Can I get in on this too?

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 16:05:41 »
here's something large and brightly coloured for you

sod off
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 18:42:12 »
shots fired

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 09:58:43 »
here's something large and brightly coloured for you

sod off

And here's something for you:

Hickory ****ory dock,
The mouse ran up the clock,
The clock struck one, down he run,
You smell worse than my sock.

Advertisement
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS