Author Topic: Hit the Jackpot, over 50 old IBM keyboards  (Read 8420 times)

Offline da20valve

Hit the Jackpot, over 50 old IBM keyboards
« on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 06:35:12 »
So tomorrow I start a new job and last week when the retiring IT guy was showing me the ropes took me into the old store-room, in there was over 50 IBM keyboards, (a huge bundle still in the box) over 50 old towers, and all the old decom stuff that they have never got around to getting rid off, this old room is literally like an old unground dungeon, with spider webs, the lights don't work, its like a bunker, my question is this.
What do I need to do to pull the keycaps off the old keyboards to see what are the mechanical ones. (I already know there are 5 in there), I seen 5 model M's we he was showing me the old tap backup drives, and are there some keys easier to remove then other, ie the spacebar I know can be tricky, I know I can look up the model numbers but I simply just want to whip a few keys off and see.

Thanks for your time

PS I seen in there a couple of really old split keyboards, I am hoping to go that some are mechanical but am not confident.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: Hit the Jackpot, over 50 old IBM keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 06:48:08 »
JACK-****ING-POT
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 07:24:42 »
So tomorrow I start a new job and last week when the retiring IT guy was showing me the ropes took me into the old store-room, in there was over 50 IBM keyboards, (a huge bundle still in the box) over 50 old towers, and all the old decom stuff that they have never got around to getting rid off, this old room is literally like an old unground dungeon, with spider webs, the lights don't work, its like a bunker, my question is this.
What do I need to do to pull the keycaps off the old keyboards to see what are the mechanical ones. (I already know there are 5 in there), I seen 5 model M's we he was showing me the old tap backup drives, and are there some keys easier to remove then other, ie the spacebar I know can be tricky, I know I can look up the model numbers but I simply just want to whip a few keys off and see.

Thanks for your time

PS I seen in there a couple of really old split keyboards, I am hoping to go that some are mechanical but am not confident.

A key puller will work but wiggle it and pull gently. If you just tap the keys you should be able to tell - they will all be buckling spring keyboards if they are IBM. I assume you have asked if you can have them? If the room contents are 10+ years old it and you have a place to take them I would offer to clean the room out depending on who made the old towers. Vintage computer guys would drool over the stuff assuming it is not simply old Dells or Gateways.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 07:43:34 »
If they're buckling spring boards, how about selecting the best to keep for yourself for posterity and start a Group Buy for the rest to give others a chance at owning one? There's a Price Check thread in Classifieds, so you can get an idea of what they'd be worth from there perhaps.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 08:21:55 »
"Store-bought" key pullers are better, my Leopold is my favorite.

But if you want one for tomorrow, just bend it out of a large paper clip.

IBM made many keyboards that were not buckling spring, including Model Ms, mostly it depends on age. If this stuff is pre-Windows, it is probably buckling spring (or even more archaic!).

I agree with the concept to keep a couple of choice ones for yourself and sell off the rest. Sell them as-is, warts and all, and give some geekhackers the opportunity to actually hack around like geeks.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 08:58:29 »
When pulling a key to check, the spacebar is the last key you want to pull.  Pull something simpler and less used, like a function key.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline Vanilla

• 110% Snuggable
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 16:21:24 »
Nice!

Pics of the haul?

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 16:44:57 »
pics or it didnt happen
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline da20valve

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:03:40 »
Yeah, I always lie about insignificant things

Offline Sniping

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:10:02 »
Alps? Nice!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:21:54 »
An Alps revival!

Nice find :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline da20valve

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:28:16 »
Okay I have 6 of the above, 4 still in the old stelephane wrapper and 4 of these, I take it these ones are no good ?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:37:05 »
that appears to be a rubberdome

sweet RGB mods on the alps!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:38:21 »
Okay I have 6 of the above, 4 still in the old stelephane wrapper and 4 of these, I take it these ones are no good ?

The ones with the White Alps would be fun if sold for $30-40 shipped.  White Alps aren't really all that well loved and the keyboard looks like it may not be a super sturdy one...not to mention the pad printed caps.  Still not a bad find.

The second one looks like MX compatible caps, so those may be worth it to someone if sold cheap ($5-10), but the keyboard is junk.

Offline da20valve

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:33:12 »
Okay now that you.guys have figured out I'm not full of shirt, what do I need to buy to make these work with USB, please just list what parts I need

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:36:42 »
Other than the obvious PS/2 to USB adaptor?

Or if they are AT, you can get AT to PS/2 convertors, then use a PS/2 to USB adaptor.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:41:55 »
Okay now that you.guys have figured out I'm not full of shirt, what do I need to buy to make these work with USB, please just list what parts I need

Depends entirely on what they are.  AT? XT? PS2? Terminal?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:42:25 »
AT and PS/2 have the same signals, just different size of the connector.
A PS/2-to-USB adapter should have some electronics inside it and cost a little more - not be a simple adapter.

There are adapters that are really small and light and cheap, that have PS/2 female in one end and USB in the other, but they won't work - they are not protocol adapters, they are for keyboards that support both USB and PS/2.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:44:45 »

Depends entirely on what they are.  AT? XT? PS2? Terminal?

If there are 50 keyboards and 50 towers, chances are it is one keyboard for each tower, probably old PCs.  Hopefully :)

Offline da20valve

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 05:02:31 »
They are not ps2, what's the difference between AT or terminal, the plug on these is a big ps2 type with 5 pins, there are also about 20 old apple pic in there also complete, and some really old metal keyboards

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 05:42:07 »
http://www.seasip.info/VintagePC/ibm_1390876.html

That page has pictures of AT and terminal plug pinouts.

Offline da20valve

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 06:34:24 »
Pretty sure it was the second picture,What the difference with converting them ???, if it is the second one do I just need a AT to active Ps2 to USB ??, Like this

http://superuser.com/questions/571252/din5-plug-adapter-to-usb

Scroll halfway down the page
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 July 2014, 06:45:59 by da20valve »

Offline mouse.the.lucky.dog

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 06:56:33 »
Alps? Nice!
Hate to burst everyones bubble.
I had an old Dell keyboard, it looked like it has Alps, but it was rubberdome with Alps stems.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 08:56:05 »
I had an old Dell keyboard, it looked like it has Alps, but it was rubberdome with Alps stems.

And your anecdote proves nothing.

Offline mouse.the.lucky.dog

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 09:04:50 »

And your anecdote proves nothing.
What it means is that you have to look at more then the stems to see if the keyboard has alps.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 09:24:18 »
What it means is that you have to look at more then the stems to see if the keyboard has alps.

True, but with that stem and that switch housing (at least from OP's not so great pic), it looks like it's White Alps, not any of the Alps-ish clones out there.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 July 2014, 09:27:25 by nubbinator »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 10:33:02 »
Pretty sure it was the second picture,What the difference with converting them ???, if it is the second one do I just need a AT to active Ps2 to USB ??, Like this

If it's the second one (180 degree 5 pin DIN)
You will need the following:
AT to PS/2 adapter cable like this one
PS/2 to USB converter like this one (there are a lot of others, but that one is the best (in my experience) and also sold by a geekhacker)

Offline CaptLock

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 10:34:18 »
Will you be selling these?

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 11:11:02 »
What are the split keyboards like?
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:29:35 »

The keys may be useful

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 17:26:20 »

If it's the second one (180 degree 5 pin DIN)
You will need the following:
AT to PS/2 adapter cable like this one
PS/2 to USB converter like this one (there are a lot of others, but that one is the best (in my experience) and also sold by a geekhacker)

+1 for that PS/2 to USB adaptor - helped my PS/2 Model M work on a Mac.

And if THAT works, almost anything else should work!

Offline da20valve

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 18:23:02 »
Can I just open a old ps2 keyboard and swap the plug (then I would only need 1 adapter) or can't that be done, bow it's deff the bottom pic, 6 pins in a semi circle

Offline da20valve

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:25:14 »
Can't I just take the AT cable off and soldier the ps2 cable to it, or is this possible ?, it's deff the second pic so I guess it's not terminal

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:27:58 »
If it is AT, then yes, they are pin-compatible, but you will need to check the pin connections.

One 5 pin cable is not necessarily a direct swap for another.

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:32:41 »
Can't I just take the AT cable off and soldier the ps2 cable to it, or is this possible ?, it's deff the second pic so I guess it's not terminal

I don't really see the point of doing that though.

Also it's possible that they're actually XT instead.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:48:03 »
Need model numbers to make sure!

Offline da20valve

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 03:33:31 »
Cant I just solder the cables from the PS2 to the where the AT cables attach ??, or cant that be done ??, I have taken a pic of the end so you guys  can confirm this is the right connection. The reason why is because the adapters are so hard to get in Australia, I will have to wait 2 weeks for one of those little cube ones.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 July 2014, 03:35:34 by da20valve »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 05:00:59 »
It looks like an AT plug to me, but I am not familiar with all the Model M variations (if this is a Model M).

I replaced a PS/2 cable on a Model M recently - someone had cut the existing cable off about 10cm from the keyboard.  I salvaged a PS/2 cable from an old membrane keyboard.  One end had a PS/2 connector, the other end had a 4 way plug that plugged into a 4 way header on the PCB in the original keyboard.  There is something similar in the Model M, but I had no idea whether the same wires went to the same pins.

So I cut that plug off, reverse-engineered the Model M header, and joined the wires together appropriately.

It worked!

So although it may be theoretically possible to disassemble the keyboard, unplug the old cable from the PCB, and plug the new cable in, there is no guarantee that IBM and the donor keyboard's manufacturer chose to use the same pinouts on their PCB header.

Offline da20valve

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 05:37:52 »
How to Tell AT vs XT ?, I don't want to get the wrong adapter.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 06:09:13 »
Best thing to post model numbers of the keyboards :)

Offline Demetrium

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 08:35:53 »
Nice find!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 08:44:41 »
How to Tell AT vs XT ?, I don't want to get the wrong adapter.

The plug is the same. The difference is that AT "speaks" to modern computers but XT does not.

AT uses a simple connector to hook up the right wires, but XT needs some actual computing.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline RJRElectronics

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:23:15 »
I have been in the IBM Keyboard business for 24 years.  I have a TON of experience with IBM Keyboards, and I have lots of rare old Keyboards in my warehouse.  If you have questions about any IBM Keyboards, let me know, and will try to help. 

Mod edit: Personal/business information removed.  No self-advertising, please.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 July 2014, 23:09:40 by Photoelectric »

Offline dantan

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:22:57 »
"Store-bought" key pullers are better, my Leopold is my favorite.

But if you want one for tomorrow, just bend it out of a large paper clip.

IBM made many keyboards that were not buckling spring, including Model Ms, mostly it depends on age. If this stuff is pre-Windows, it is probably buckling spring (or even more archaic!).

I agree with the concept to keep a couple of choice ones for yourself and sell off the rest. Sell them as-is, warts and all, and give some geekhackers the opportunity to actually hack around like geeks.

Wow. awesome. Hope I can get in on the action

Offline Lanx

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 18:00:06 »
you're IT and you don't have a leatherman/gerber on you?

i still advocate the butterknife.

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 18:20:58 »
True, but with that stem and that switch housing (at least from OP's not so great pic), it looks like it's White Alps, not any of the Alps-ish clones out there.

If you mean the upside-down photo, no, that's a clone. The switch is supported against the plate by four small tabs.

It's got a white slider, which is interesting. The most common type (AK-CN2) uses an ivory slider. You can see the difference here:

http://sandy55.fc2web.com/keyboard/mac_kb_wiz_s_alps.html

AK-CN2 at the top, ivory slider. The bottom keyboard has a white slider, which probably means an older keyboard, late 80s/beginning of the 90s (mine with that switch seems to be ca. 1992).
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline da20valve

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 05:31:15 »
Will this help for what I want to do??
http://pinouts.ru/InputCables/MiniDinToDinKeyboard_pinout.shtml

I have posted a pic of the connecter below
aswell as the pcb from the ps2 I plan to connect.

NOW the most important of them all.
to change cables do I just go from yellow on the cable to yellow on the PCB plug or is this wrong.
So I cut both cables, but leave enough cable on the pcb end and connect the PS2 of the same color to that plug, or is this wrong

« Last Edit: Wed, 16 July 2014, 07:35:55 by da20valve »

Offline da20valve

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 05:34:52 »
Pic of the keyboard

Does anyone know what this switch is on the PCD ???. it does switch from left to right

« Last Edit: Wed, 16 July 2014, 07:29:43 by da20valve »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 07:58:33 »

So I cut both cables, but leave enough cable on the pcb end and connect the PS2 of the same color to that plug, or is this wrong

NEVER  trust color. Use a multimeter to verify what powers what.

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 14:46:57 »
Pic of the keyboard

What date is given on the controller chip? It should be something like "9013" (13th week of 1990).

Does anyone know what this switch is on the PCD ???. it does switch from left to right

Should be XT vs AT protocol.
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner