Author Topic: Hoffman's Giveaway #1  (Read 13741 times)

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
Re: Hoffman's Giveaway #1
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 09:32:14 »
Hello HoffmanMyster :)

That is one generous giveaway!

Contest entry should have atleast a bit of background before asking someone for something - so here I go.

About half a year ago I purchased a cherry MX clone keyboard (Aristotle switches):

I knew little about mechanicals back then and I was all happy to recieve an MX white board...just to realise it was a fake. It's fakeness wouldn't be so bad if not for the wierd stem size (too small) and it was loosing clickiness while I typed more and more. One day I decided that I would like to give it a bit of facelift, which began with cleaning the heck out of it, obtaning MX Black switches from different, wierd layout boards, and ended with making it go USB and full nkro using Soarers converter. All these mods unfortunatelly do not show to much while someone passes by and sees it on my desk, it just does not screem "I AM 15 YEARS YOUNGER".

What would help is just simple set of blue caps - why blue you may ask - simply because of the logo "Optimus SA". This company was once a leading PC brand in my country, but it got brought down by greed of the government that didn't want to stop taking from them by suing and threatening the owner, slowing the company down to a near full stop. Unfortunatelly after such battle it was hard for them to get back up on their feet and fight bigger PC companies like DELL or HP which by the time started to go into the business in Poland.

This keyboard for me is a monument of what could be, of what if, of the story of those who aimed for stars, but had to settle way down low...perhaps, if the greed and urge to milk Optimus from their money, one Polish company could stand next to Dell, HP and many others...

What I ask for is one thing only - set of blue Tai Hao Caps :)

Thanks,
DoubleD
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 August 2014, 09:37:40 by DamnDan »

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 09:41:46 »
Anything in Fengs Ti GB round 3...

That would be sweet!

Any one of Beast's wrist rests would be sweet !  ;D

My colleague (we work in the same office) recently started using my cup... with a picture of my girlfriend and me on it. When I asked why, he said "all the other cups are too small for my soup. It was weird at first, but I make sure not to put my lips on the picture". I tried to take it back, but he kept taking it until I gave up. Apparently "the rims are the perfect width". Yes, he is as odd in person as he sounds (Israeli guy with a thick accent, and while he is friendly, he has zero social skills. He just does not know that).

In return I took his wristrest. I started using it when he was away and never gave it back (only seems fair). I never liked the idea of having one, but found out it can be really nice. Ever since then I wanted one for home as well.

Though I am pretty sure Beast does not have time to work on wrist rests at the moment. So there is not really anything I can think of that I want. Cool initiative though. Good luck.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 August 2014, 09:43:47 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 22:51:58 »
Everyone!  This will officially end on August 15th.  I have been following the thread closely and reading all the entries, so don't think that it has been forgotten. 

Keep the submissions coming, and remember that stories and thought out posts go a long way.  ;)

I've really enjoyed reading all the submissions so far, and I really wish I could pick everyone!   :-*

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 23:56:11 »
Thanks for the update  :thumb:

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 00:02:20 »
I actually would like to withdraw my request for things. I don't want all of the things for free. I want people who don't have awesome keyboards to has(sp?) one from this, or a like situation to manifest. Good luck to all!

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 00:56:11 »
I'm so busy, disorganized personally, and not totally "in the present on GH" and so I just discovered this.
GREAT GIG! Hats off to the person that came up with it....can it really be Little Hoffy? Nooooooooo.
Well maybe, I suppose, but I guess also he may have ripped it off from elsewhere, or not. But maybe.
It's generous and creative and I like the fact it's just a little bit (or more) biased and dirty. Totally makes it real, sorta like sleeping with the boss. But not like that at all.
Whaaaaat?
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 11:05:19 »
Well, I thought about what I was asking for, and realize and did not need most of them. Like really needed them, instead they are just WANTS.
So recently I spilled Coke on my grifiti wrist rest, had thought that I could just easily wash and dry it out. Now it has become sticky, and considering that its initial condition was that the material was already peeling out, it has become worse.

Thus I would like to request for one of these:
Noko's Leatherworks
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51762.0

You can choose whatever designs and color you want. If you wish to put your name on it, I would be more than happy to receive it. HoffmanMyster seems to look cool on a wrist rest anyways.

Good luck to all other participants!!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 August 2014, 11:08:23 by HotKillerZzz »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 11:46:01 »
Well, I thought about what I was asking for, and realize and did not need most of them. Like really needed them, instead they are just WANTS.
So recently I spilled Coke on my grifiti wrist rest, had thought that I could just easily wash and dry it out. Now it has become sticky, and considering that its initial condition was that the material was already peeling out, it has become worse.

Noko's Leatherworks

You can choose whatever designs and color you want. If you wish to put your name on it, I would be more than happy to receive it. HoffmanMyster seems to look cool on a wrist rest anyways.

Those really are awesome wrist rests.  I may splurge on a TKL one someday.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 12:17:00 »
Good guy Hoff! What a sir...

It's hard to ask for something from someone that has already done so much for the community.

*Looks through HoffmanMyster's record collection

Oooh! I think I found something! :p

Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 12:42:44 »
Good guy Hoff! What a sir...

It's hard to ask for something from someone that has already done so much for the community.

*Looks through HoffmanMyster's record collection

Oooh! I think I found something! :p

Oh no!

Wait, a minute...You don't even have my list...   :p

Offline SL89

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 12:45:18 »
I have always wanted to test out a Topre board.

That being said, LOTS of other people want to try out a Topre board as well...

Topre boards have a high buy in so it makes it hard to buy and test, only to take a loss if you get one and don't like it or the let anyone borrow yours.

I would be really keen on getting a Realforce 104 board and running a 'Realforce CONUS Tour' much like 002 runs over on Deskthority.

I think a lot more people would be interested in trying Topre boards and it could be a fun way to spread the Topre love.

I know if i had an opportunity to try it in this fashion i'd have less trepidation as there is no buy in to each tester.

Thank you for your consideration

Offline Enigma

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 08:05:41 »
I thought I just had to report back here. :)

ApocalypseMaow came through, what a phenomenally generous guy. I'm absolutely blown away by it. :D

The keycaps are beautiful and feel a million times better to type on than what I had before. I had no idea it could make such a massive difference. The DSA profile is amazing. :)

Here's a picture of the set installed, unfortunately the old Chicony board that I used as a base had slightly different stabilizer placement for the spacebar so I have to stick with stock, but I'm actually a fan of the colour scheme. Also, there's a stabilizer sticking out above the enter key from where I got rid of the old huge enter. :)

Thank you so much man, I can't begin to say how much I appreciate it. :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 08:17:06 »
Oh, hey, this ends today!  Since I didn't give a particular time, I'll let entries run through the day/evening and end at midnight central time.

ApocalypseMaow came through, what a phenomenally generous guy. I'm absolutely blown away by it. :D

The keycaps are beautiful and feel a million times better to type on than what I had before. I had no idea it could make such a massive difference. The DSA profile is amazing. :)

Here's a picture of the set installed, unfortunately the old Chicony board that I used as a base had slightly different stabilizer placement for the spacebar so I have to stick with stock, but I'm actually a fan of the colour scheme. Also, there's a stabilizer sticking out above the enter key from where I got rid of the old huge enter. :)

Show Image

NICE!  Huge props to ApocalypseMaow for the generosity.  :D   That board looks great.  Not everyone's style, I promise that, but it's certainly unique and that's pretty cool.

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 08:41:10 »

Noko's Leatherworks

Those really are awesome wrist rests.  I may splurge on a TKL one someday.
Wanted to get a beast wood wrist rest. So I decided to try out first before getting one by just using a piece of hard wood on my destroyed griffiti but just couldnt get use to it being so hard and so flat  :-[

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 08:55:16 »
Does $100 buy your love?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 08:58:20 »
Does $100 buy your love?

:confused:  You want to give me $100 so I will love you?

This is the opposite of what this is about.

Plus, you already have that.  ;)

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 10:14:23 »
Does $100 buy your love?

:confused:  You want to give me $100 so I will love you?

This is the opposite of what this is about.

Plus, you already have that.  ;)
get a room you two  :-*
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 10:15:12 »
We have one, why are you in here jokrik?  :eek:

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 10:26:26 »
We have one, why are you in here jokrik?  :eek:
two is better than one
three is better than two

:-* :-* :-*
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:35:55 »
Click Clack.

I'm not picky.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:41:08 »
I really could use a hard protective case for my keyboard.
I have a gh60 in a fmj aluminum case that I transport back and forth from work to home in a techkeys.us soft zip up case. It is nice but when it is in my backpack I am afraid that I am going to accidentally set my backpack down and dent/scratch my fmj case or break a keycap/switch through the techkeys case.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 21:44:37 »
DamnDan

The Tai Hao keycaps are not the same light blue shade as the Optimus logo.

I do have a set of lasered WASD number row keycaps that are the same shade. I’ve never gotten around to using them. Bought them a long time ago.

If Hoffman doesn’t give you the Tai Hao you can have my keycaps for a geekhack donation of at least $2. It will cost around that much to post these caps to Poland so that’s fair. Should make for a nice accent on your keyboard.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 04:55:36 »
DamnDan

I do have a set of lasered WASD number row keycaps that are the same shade. I’ve never gotten around to using them. Bought them a long time ago.

If Hoffman doesn’t give you the Tai Hao you can have my keycaps for a geekhack donation of at least $2. It will cost around that much to post these caps to Poland so that’s fair. Should make for a nice accent on your keyboard.

WOW! So many generous people! This makes me so happy :) THANK YOU! I will for sure donate either way, I will get something or somebody else will! Thank you berserkfan, as I once told you - YOU ARE AWESOME! I never met with such a great community on any forum I was on EVER! THANK YOU!! :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 August 2014, 04:58:02 by DamnDan »

Offline Enigma

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 05:00:07 »
DamnDan

WOW! So many generous people! This makes me so happy :) THANK YOU! I will for sure donate either way, I will get something or somebody else will! Thank you berserkfan, as I once told you - YOU ARE AWESOME! I never met with such a great community on any forum I was on EVER! THANK YOU!! :)

I know that feel. Lots of great people on here. :)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 06:05:33 »
Hey Hoffman, very generous giveaway, I am looking for a 23UB to match my 87UB. I know they can be pretty pricey these days so I would be more then happy to go half on it to keep the price reasonable. The also disappear quite quickly on the classifieds so you would be joining me in the hunt as well as helping me purchase it, not sure if you into that  :D

I enter a lot of numbers and a numpad is pretty much a necessity but really want one to match the board, it bothers me if things don't match  :p

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 22:36:23 »
Good luck to all these deserving people, and thank you you beautiful man(Hoff) :)
Hi :)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 09:29:06 »
http://www.geekhackers.org/collections/soldering-tools-and-supplies/products/edsyn-cl1481-soldering-iron

I have decided it is time to learn to solder..  I ordered one of those discount PCBs in Ivanovich's stabilizer GB to familiarize myself with using a soldering iron, but I won't be able to buy the iron and such until probably spring myself.  Time to start saving money for my wife's compulsion to buy Christmas presents for every kid she knows followed by our son's birthday a month afterwards!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 09:44:53 »
delete
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:45:51 by tigersharkdude »

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 09:59:35 »
I've been looking for a Geekhack key.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:59:11 »
I've been looking for a Geekhack key.

I just won some from another generous Geekhack member giveaway..  I can send you a RoW (red text white cap) cap if that color works for you, I got more than one of them! PM me.  I'll cover shipping if its CONUS ;)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 12:38:48 »
I want to purchase freedom, but freedom isn't free.

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 16:32:15 »
I want to purchase freedom, but freedom isn't free.

Show Image

PM your bank number I'll wire you a a buck o' five

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 16:54:35 »
Okay this is over guys.  :)  I'll pick a winner or two (or four) over the next couple days and report back! 

I've already picked two people throughout the course of the giveaway, and they will also be announced.  ;)

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 17:10:29 »
OP: Guys, im going to pic one random person
Now: Threads closed, I'll pic a person or two or four

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 17:39:51 »
Good luck all!

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 03:26:08 »
Good luck to all of you :) And thank you Hoffman for the giveaway + thank you all generous people who were giving within the giveaway. That is what makes me happy about this forum, with all the other forums quarelling and braking up, on GH there are people who share their passion and are generous so that others can have what they would never be able to own otherwise :) GH stay the same :) Never change :) you are the greatest community of them all :)

Yours,
DoubleD

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 07:11:54 »
Good luck to everyone.  If I may offer a late submission it would be great.  I was going to post this yesterday but I couldn't get a chance to get outside the building and there is zero cell reception in the foundry.  All I am looking for is a small assortment of e-juice with nic levels around what would be recommended for a 1 pack a day smoker.

Hoff you are a true bro for doing this.  Now if only someone could pay the favor back to you.   ;D   :thumb:
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 11:42:26 »
Thanks again for doing this Hoffman! Good luck everyone.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 12:05:56 »

Good luck to everyone.  If I may offer a late submission it would be great.  I was going to post this yesterday but I couldn't get a chance to get outside the building and there is zero cell reception in the foundry.  All I am looking for is a small assortment of e-juice with nic levels around what would be recommended for a 1 pack a day smoker.

Hoff you are a true bro for doing this.  Now if only someone could pay the favor back to you.   ;D   :thumb:

Well this is easy. Are you picky about flavours?  If any of the flavours in my sale thread interest you, they're yours free of charge. Shoot me a PM if you want any.

Otherwise I'll buy you three flavours of your choice from a website.

And I will still select a proper winner from this thread btw, I've been busy lately.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 12:17:37 »

Well this is easy. Are you picky about flavours?  If any of the flavours in my sale thread interest you, they're yours free of charge. Shoot me a PM if you want any.

And I will still select a proper winner from this thread btw, I've been busy lately.

Its your party, you can giveaway what you want to.. ;)

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 13:57:15 »

Somebody get this guy a day off and a beer!
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 02:29:27 »
Thanks Hoffman, good luck to all.

Offline dantan

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 12:07:03 »
so who won anything?  :))

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #143 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 23:33:33 »
EVERYONE.  I finally had a chance to go through here and give the submissions a proper read-through.

I'm very happy to say right off the bat that this went better than expected.  :)  Massive thanks to ApocalypseMaow for spreading some love to Enigma a few weeks back.

This is a phenomenal Giveaway, thanks Hoffman!
I am a new member (long time lurker) so I can understand if there are some trust issues.  :)

I'd been dying to own a mechanical keyboard for a long time, but living in South Africa and being a student means that the prices are all quite far out of my budget. I was (still mostly am) in a position to drop the equivalent of about $60 on a keyboard, and I really can't find anything for that price.

I was at a charity store a while back and I managed to find an old Chicony KB-5191 with MX Blues for $3. I wasn't expecting it to work and it didn't, but that doesn't matter. I ordered a Teensy from a reseller up in Johannesburg and went about breaking the tracks on the Chicony board and wiring up my own matrix (I don't have access to any cnc facilities for a plate, and I wanted to cut costs as much as possible.)

The Teensy was programmed with Hasu's firmware following matt3o's guide, and the keyboard worked with only a few problems caused by coding errors which I managed to sort out.

The entire project cost about $38. I'm using this keyboard right now and it types better than anything I've ever used before. The only thing I'm looking to get for it is a really nice set of keycaps.
Shipping to South Africa is expensive, and as far as I can tell there is not a single reseller in the entire country.

So my plea is for the DSA Dolch keyset:
http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/full-keysets/dsa-dolch-set-base-set-110-total-keys

Here's my keyboard, I think that it would look fantastic with the Dolch keyset, even if I have to do a bit of modding to the board to make it all work.
http://imgur.com/R5jJnlx,o2nyo0D,GPzZLBA,OyZ7C4Z,lEGuTLU#0

Sorry for the wall of text!
nice one Hoff!!!

send me your address enigma,  I got you homie.

Show Image

So once again, huge props to ApocalypseMaow for coming in here and being so generous!   :-*   It's so cool to see that sort of thing happen, and it's a huge testament to this community.  Love ya guys.

As for my portion of the giveaway, I have made a few selections.  I will post them in order of submission, and include a brief explanation for choosing them.

Badwrench
Funny you should post this up as I have been trying to figure out a way to get a new case for my Pure.  The TEX CNC acrylic case just popped back up on Massdrop and I was kicking myself for not getting in on it the first time around.  I keep seeing pictures of it posted around and I think it looks awesome!  I originally wanted to get an aluminum case to replace the ridiculously flimsy stocker, but those have always been way out of my budget.  Starting back in January, me and my Wife started doing the Ramsey Budget which results in me getting $20/month to spend on myself (note that even getting a cup of coffee comes from this funding).  Needless to say, I will not be able to get in on the current drop which ends in six days. 

It would be super awesome of you to get this for me. 

Link for ease  ;)
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/tex-acrylic-cnc-keyboard-case?mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Mechanical%20Keyboards%207-16&utm_campaign=Product%20Announcement%202014-07-16

I think it's incredibly honorable what Badwrench is doing with his conservative budget, and it's always a shame to miss out on limited time offers due to that sort of thing.  As such, I PMed him right after he posted and we discussed the situation, and long story short he made the purchase.   :thumb:   He owes us some pictures when the case arrives, but until then I'll just say that I'm excited for it Badwrench!  Looks like a really slick case.  :)

rowdy
I am very interested in the Nuclear Data Green key set.

It is still in the IC phase, hence I do not know how much it is going to be, although the IC seems to be rapidly drawing to a close.  Through the PMK GB system this should come in at just under $100,and if sufficient people place an order it should come in at well under the $100.  If not, I am more than happy to fund the excess cost.

I have tried OEM (most of my keyboards were born with OEM keys on them, plus Tai Hao).  I have tried Cherry (thanks Ivan!).  I have tried DCS (mainly from SP as part of various GBs).  I have recently tried DSA (Granite - thanks Matt!).  I like all of these, perhaps with a slight preference for Cherry.  And DCS.  And DSA.  Ok, and OEM too.  I like being indecisive.  Or maybe I don't, maybe I've just gotten used to it.

But I have not tried SA.

Although many years ago SA profile keycaps, or similar, were standard on most of the terminals we used to connect to the cluster of minicomputers in the basement at uni.  Seeing the pictures at the start of the IC thread has made me nostalgic for the olden days, when men were real men, a proper computer was the size of a washing machine, and everyone wanted to use the shiny new terminals with the separate keyboards and green or orange displays, but I was more than happy to use the old, curved, one piece, white screen, fixed keyboard terminals.

And all the talk about VT220 is making me want to drag my old VT220 out, although that has a very old, very worn, and somewhat horrible, membrane keyboard.

I have vague notions about putting a keyboard with Nuclear Data Green keycaps into an old terminal case, adding a small LCD, and making a retro look PC/terminal, but that will probably end up just another dream, mostly due to lack of time, partly due to lack of money.  Also maybe due to somewhat disparaging comments passed by my other half, and the occasional mildly exasperated look she gives me as she hands over another package of keycaps.

In addition, Elrick has been badgering me to try SA profile keycaps for a while, and you know what he's like when he gets going :p

I'm a huge supporter of the Nuclear Data Green set, and have been attracted to those incredibly retro sets for quite some time.  rowdy's love of the design, need to try SA profile, and the dream of building a retro PC/terminal all made me want to make sure this set finds its way to Australia (rowdy's house in particular).  Now that the buy is underway, we can finally make that happen.  ;)

Lingj
I would like an opportunity in the future to obtain a Brocap someday. Unfortunately I still haven't gotten into a sale yet, but I am patient!

Lingj made this submission here, but my decision to gift him my ROHS Red BBV2 was already made by the time he posted here.  I had the pleasure of meeting Lingj at Keycon, and he mentioned that he didn't have any artisan caps and was interested in having a red BroBot.  I told him that if he didn't get anything in the next sale he should let me know.  ;)  He didn't let me know, but I did still notice it.  :P  He has already received this cap, and hopefully he's enjoying it!  :))

In addition to the selections above, I have selected two addition submissions that I would like to be winners.  I have PMed the people in question, and am just waiting for a reply.  I think they're in bed.  :))   This does add some fragmentation to the thread, as I will not list them as winners until I hear back from them, but I wanted to update the thread while I have the chance.   :)

Also, I will buy CPTBadAss some ice cream next weekend when I'm with him.
I just want some ice cream.

I'll close by saying thank you to everyone who made submissions, and I only wish I could have chosen more.  It was not easy narrowing down the pool to just a few winners, that's for sure.  Keep being awesome, geekhackers!

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #144 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 23:42:50 »
Congratulations to all the winners :] Kindness is really awesome!
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #145 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 23:43:54 »
Great Giveaway Hoff! Congrats to all of the winners!  :thumb:

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 23:46:09 »
Grats everyone! And let's have a digital round of applauds for Hoff. Generous man!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #147 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 23:46:51 »
It has been so hard to not come in here and thank you, but here we are, so thank you.  I have been watching the case through production on Massdrop and they should be shipping out any day here.  There were a couple problems during production and Massdrop had to deny the shipment and wait for another batch.  I feel so blessed to be part of such a great community where everyone shares such a wonderful joy in our chosen hobby (obsession).  There will be much cross posting once the case lands, as well as a toast to you Hoffmanmyster.   :thumb:

This sharing that you did not only for me, but for others and by others (ApocalypseMaow) leaves me speechless. 

Cheers buddy. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 23:54:00 »
Thank you for your incredible generosity, Hoffy, it is very much appreciated :)

And congratulations to the others who were selected!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 00:03:00 »
GUYS WE DID IT, EVERYONE IS HAPPY AND I'LL TAKE PICS OF ICE CREAM 

also congrats to everyone and shoutouts to Hoff for being awesome
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 August 2014, 00:17:26 by CPTBadAss »