Author Topic: Hello! I'm new!  (Read 1216 times)

Offline _ting

Hello! I'm new!
« on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 22:18:34 »
I actually have not used geekhack before.  I have always used /r/mechanicalkeyboards on reddit for all my keyboard needs.  I have an IBM Model M that I am using right now.  I have a Poker II with MX Browns.  I had a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate with real MX Blues for about 2 years that I have since given to my brother.  Also, I have a Quickfire TK with MX Greens in the mail.  Pretty much, in the past 4 months I have spent at least $300 on keyboards.  I regret nothing.

Offline HebrewHammer

Re: Hello! I'm new!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 00:21:08 »
I actually have not used geekhack before.  I have always used /r/mechanicalkeyboards on reddit for all my keyboard needs.  I have an IBM Model M that I am using right now.  I have a Poker II with MX Browns.  I had a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate with real MX Blues for about 2 years that I have since given to my brother.  Also, I have a Quickfire TK with MX Greens in the mail.  Pretty much, in the past 4 months I have spent at least $300 on keyboards.  I regret nothing.

You're scaring my wallet  ;D I'm new as well, and I've always used overclock and other sites before finding out about geekhack. I've been using a SS 6gv2 w/ blacks for a few years now, and have been wanting to grab another board. I'm currently looking at a HHKB, but am afraid of not having the FN keys for games like SC2, WC3, and dota 2, even though I don't play a ton of SC2 or WC3 anymore and also do not know if I would like the 45g switches.

Recently I bought a MX brown Filco TKL, but am selling due to preferring heavier switches. I'm also looking at a Topre Realforce 55g, due to 55g being closer to the activation of blacks. Blues also seem very nice as I just tried them out the other day, but I really love my worn in blacks.
Friends Don't Let Friends Get Friends Haircuts...

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 09:47:08 »
yo
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 09:49:32 »
Welcome to GeekHack  ;)

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 09:57:47 »
Welcome!

I'm pretty new to GH as well. I too, for a looooong time used a Model M. I recently damaged it by being careless, and eventually I'll get around to fixing it up. However, that set off a series of purchases which has led me to my Poker II. The Poker I'm enjoying immensely which is somewhat surprising. Like you, I favor a heavier switch, but the Poker II I purchased on a whim has blues. I expected them to be far to light, but really it is quite nice. I also have a couple of MX Clear boards, which have a very nice feel. However, they are both full size, and the allure of the 60% has pulled me in after working with such large keyboards for so long.

Man, once the M got damaged, my money started flying out the window. It is crazy!
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 10:13:12 »
Welcome aboard!
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 10:18:55 »
Welcome to Geekhack. Don't forget to download a copy of Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, which is our official browser.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS