Author Topic: Hi, I'm completely crazy  (Read 1139 times)

Offline cribbit

Hi, I'm completely crazy
« on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 13:40:33 »
Two weeks ago, I owned zero mech keyboards. I thought I was fine with my flat aluminum apple keyboard. Then I realized that I was making more typos than I'd like. As I went to learn to type better, I was told I should try a mech keyboard. So I did. And loved it. And now I own two - a K65 w/reds and an MStone Groove87 w/browns. And I bought the Poker II with clears.

But that's not even the craziest part. I'm aiming to custom build a 60% keyboard with a funky layout - arrow keys under enter like a KBT Race, halfsized spacebar (I only use my right thumb) and non-offset numbers to fit even more keys. I'm aiming to put all sorts of crap into it, like RGB LEDs, infinitely programmable (seriously, even the Poker II is limitedly programmable), and hopefully even writing a special driver so I can essentially run AHK off my keyboard. I have no idea what I'm doing, and if I manage to finish it will probably take at least six months, if not a year. Oh, and with blank keycaps and a colemak default layout.

Hi.
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: Hi, I'm completely crazy
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 13:44:41 »
Hi!

Not crazy at all for GH! Enjoy your stay and good luck on the custom build!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 13:45:05 »
What's crazy for most people is normal here. Welcome to our little insane asylum named Geekhack :P

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 16:38:58 »
yo welcome to the rubbish bin outside the barely-a-quarter-of-the-way house.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 16:41:54 »
Welcome!
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 10:18:26 »
Welcome to geekhack.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS