Author Topic: Spawn is starting to strain/hurt my knuckles, what's a suitable replacement?  (Read 2732 times)

Offline combataran

Year old CMStorm Spawn, strain and pain started 2 weeks ago, knuckles feel stretched out after 2 hours of surfing, and the occasional CS:GO session. Maybe the mouse is a little too wide and the strain is just starting to kick in.

What I'm looking at:

• Zowie Fk 2014
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Any other recommendations are welcome.

;D
Cherry G80-1000HFD | CM Storm Spawn | Keypuller.com - Key Caps News & Database

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Logitech G9x maybe? Very similar shape but I don't think it's as wide.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Logitech G9x maybe? Very similar shape but I don't think it's as wide.

Also EOL and difficult to find, and it's got a flawed off-center sensor so it's technically not the best choice. But dat shape is so good, totally worth getting one if you can find one in good condition.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
one thing is technique...

if you grip too hard..  shoulders too tense... etc...

try to see of focusing on relaxing non-essential muscles help

Offline combataran

one thing is technique...

if you grip too hard..  shoulders too tense... etc...

try to see of focusing on relaxing non-essential muscles help

I'm pretty sure I don't grip the mouse too hard. I let go of it once in a while and use the arrow keys instead. And the strain is still there. I'm starting to get worried.

Offline MrexD

• aka mrwoodyxd
Not ideal for gaming but Trackball could be good :)

Otherwise, i'm not sure. I used to have a Naga and that thing was bliss for comfort. Coming away from that thing was like giving up heroin.

It might take a while for you to get used to another mouse but you never know the benefits until you try. Just get one with a nice sensor that you think looks good.

I have a SS Sensei and tbh it's quite large, maybe go for the Zowie like you were planning or perhaps a Deathadder. Both sensors are top notch and the Deathadder must be most popular for a reason, right?

I'd give it a go.

On topic though, if you haven't experienced this before with this mouse and it's only just started happening, perhaps it is something to do with your posture etc. Trying doing finger/hand exercises perhaps.
Pok3r MX CLears

Offline JackCY

You have to figure out what is causing the strain. If the mouse is too small or too big, the shape, your position, grip, ... or you just naturally cannot use any mouse with that hand anymore because of RSI and have to learn to use a mouse with your other hand.
QFR red

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
zowie fk is an ambidextrous mouse, sure you wanna change grips or the feel of the mouse?

Offline PointyFox

The Spawn is for people with tiny hands.  I believe it was originally made for kiddy gamers, hence the name. 

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
The Spawn is for people with tiny hands.  I believe it was originally made for kiddy gamers, hence the name. 

The amazing thing about the shape is that it seems to fit hands of all sizes, I've got fairly large hands(not unusually large, but certainly not small) and the Xornet is really comfortable.

Offline combataran

zowie fk is an ambidextrous mouse, sure you wanna change grips or the feel of the mouse?
I switched from an SS Sensei RAW to the Spawn, adapting to a new grip wouldn't be a problem for me.

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
oh, in that case, a zowie am/fk would be great. the sensor is very good.

Offline munch

• !
if you like the Sensei, the FK1 is going to be even better. regular FK is noticeably smaller than the Sensei though. both are fantastic mice.

Offline combataran

if you like the Sensei, the FK1 is going to be even better. regular FK is noticeably smaller than the Sensei though. both are fantastic mice.

What differences are there between the FK1 and 2014 other than the size change?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Sensor. FK (including 2014) has A3090, while they've put the new 3310 into FK1.