Author Topic: Obtaining Topre spacebar springs?  (Read 1706 times)

Offline remdell

Obtaining Topre spacebar springs?
« on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 23:37:06 »
I've been playing around with the spacebar springs in my Topre boards.  I've found the feel of them to be quite good on my lighter 45g Topre boards.

Is there someplace I can buy the same or similar springs?  I tried shopping for compression springs, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what springs would fit my preferences.  I don't mind trimming the springs at a certain point.
Rukia PC | RF87U Digilog | Norbaforce MKII Palm Desert | Zenith ZKB-2R | Datadesk MAC-101

Offline intelli78

Re: Obtaining Topre spacebar springs?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 23:45:43 »
You are thinking of putting a spring on every key? Fake 55g? Interesting idea... I am also interested to know if we can source them.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 07:15:38 »
I have a few dozen springs, but not enough to do a whole board. I wish I could remember which board they came off of. I think it was a vintage Atari.

Someday I'd like to see if we could source some springs from the same company that provides them to Topre.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 07:47:21 »
I think I remember spamray saying he had some simialr ones when someone asked for one in classifieds.  Might want to try asking him where he got em.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II