Author Topic: KTOD - Endgame Keyboards?  (Read 24911 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: KTOD - Endgame Keyboards?
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 03:35:16 »
I actually just realized my end game board all along has been my LZ-S. Fell in love since I first got it, and it's been my daily driver for over a year and almost a half now. Of course I do use my GON occasionally which I had built AFTER I bought my supposed end game board, but I don't know. Like, it's my end game board in the sense that I know I can quit at any time and be satisfied. But I still love you guys so much that I stick around :P
I love Elzy

Offline pasph

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 05:03:43 »
Datamancer 'cause after that i'll be out of money forever
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 06:36:24 »
Datamancer 'cause after that i'll be out of money forever

Them are some sexy boards.  One happened to make it into a SciFy TV series.  The show Warehouse 13, one of the main characters uses one along with what looks like an LCD monitor from Datamancer as well.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Daspartic

• IBM is love IBM is life
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 22:37:36 »

unless you mean 60% buckling... :)

I have one of those ;)

i... i... i'm swayed.

They're the IBM 6019284 "Kishsaver" keyboards that were sold earlier this year. Tinlong found a whole bunch of them. Here's a picture of a couple from HoffmanMyster.

Hey CptBadAss, does the Kishsaver feel like the XT or the AT?  I've always wondered what they felt like.
IBM Displaywriter (82 key) | IBM Model F 4704 (107 key) |  IBM Model F AT x3 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 3104 x2 | IBM 6112884 (Green Tee mount Alps) | Realforce 87u (55g) | IBM Model M 1390131 x2 | IBM Model M (1391401 '88) | Leopold FC500R (MX Browns) | Wang (725-5971) (Salmon Alps) | Acer 6011 (SKCM Blue Alps) | White Fox (65 g Zealios) | XMIT keyboard (Hall Effect)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 22:40:45 »
Hey CptBadAss, does the Kishsaver feel like the XT or the AT?  I've always wondered what they felt like.

I think the XT is the one with the normal spacebar and the AT is the one with the super heavy spacebar? If that memory is correct, it feels like an XT. It feels like a standard Model F switch but it's got the lovely layout.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 23:00:26 »
Something with pneumatic switches would be neato

Offline Daspartic

• IBM is love IBM is life
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 00:43:10 »

I think the XT is the one with the normal spacebar and the AT is the one with the super heavy spacebar? If that memory is correct, it feels like an XT. It feels like a standard Model F switch but it's got the lovely layout.

Hmm, they both feel kinda heavy to me, but I think the XT spacebar is a bit heavier.  Either way I'm sure it feels really nice.  Thanks for the reply Capt.
IBM Displaywriter (82 key) | IBM Model F 4704 (107 key) |  IBM Model F AT x3 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 3104 x2 | IBM 6112884 (Green Tee mount Alps) | Realforce 87u (55g) | IBM Model M 1390131 x2 | IBM Model M (1391401 '88) | Leopold FC500R (MX Browns) | Wang (725-5971) (Salmon Alps) | Acer 6011 (SKCM Blue Alps) | White Fox (65 g Zealios) | XMIT keyboard (Hall Effect)

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 09:37:04 »
My endgame board would just be a Poker II with the Raindrop cap set, a blue tex case, and white led's I soldiered in myself

Poker II

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 10:04:16 »
My endgame board would just be a Poker II with the Raindrop cap set, a blue tex case, and white led's I soldiered in myself

pls don't steal my keyboard.   :-*

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 10:30:26 »

Nooooo! Is that really what you have?

Poker II

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 14:30:43 »

Well I don't have the white LEDs, but I'm like 20 minutes away from having them if I wanted.  :P  Already have the LEDs.

Also should perhaps clarify I have Raindrop V1.  ;)  Not sure which one you're after.

Poker II by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 14:31:42 »

Well I don't have the white LEDs, but I'm like 20 minutes away from having them if I wanted.  :P  Already have the LEDs.

Also should perhaps clarify I have Raindrop V1.  ;)  Not sure which one you're after.

Show Image

It's so beautiful.... a guy can dream

Poker II

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 19:11:58 »
No end game in site for me.  Though one of my highest goals is to get a IBM Model F PC AT keyboard, along with a model F terminal keyboard.  There are enough keyboards in the world though that I'll die before I reach all my goals.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline TheMark

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 19:15:38 »

Show Image

That's my endgame wrist rest! Where can I buy?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 19:39:33 »
And, I think the Northgate Omnikey may be my endgame Alps board. Then all I'll need will be a linear board.
Hall effect.

That's as endgame as it gets with linear.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 13:55:52 »

Show Image

That's my endgame wrist rest! Where can I buy?

I had The_Beast make this one for me, but I'm not sure he's taking orders right now.  He's been pretty busy with other stuff lately.

It's called the Hashbaz Triple, and I know hashbaz has the same layering of wood, but I'm not sure of anyone else that has it.  Not that that helps you find one, but it's at least some more random info about it.  ;)

Offline TheMark

KTOD - Endgame Keyboards?
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 17:22:14 »
TY, I just founds TheBeasts forum area...

Edit: I was incorrect about him being local, my bad.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 August 2014, 17:43:44 by TheMark »