Author Topic: Zowie AM and its awful scroll wheel  (Read 1733 times)

Offline superfalse

Zowie AM and its awful scroll wheel
« on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 18:35:58 »
Hello there,

I've got a Zowie AM which I like very much, but the scroll wheel sometimes just drives me crazy. As a 3D modeller I need the MMB a lot. Unfortunately it needs a lot of force and fails frequently.

So I've been looking for a new mouse but can't seem to find a proper replacement. I need at least one thumb button that can be reached easily, the device shouldn't be too heavy and bulky. Weight and shape of the AM are just perfect for me. And I cant stand angle snapping/prediction or acceleration.

Actually all I want is a Zowie AM with a proper, reliable scroll wheel, so I was asking myself if it was possible to take the thing apart and modify the wheel somehow... turning it into gold by applying some glue and toothpicks here and there, whatever, I don't know.  :))

Any ideas?

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
Re: Zowie AM and its awful scroll wheel
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 18:39:00 »
Hello there,

I've got a Zowie AM which I like very much, but the scroll wheel sometimes just drives me crazy. As a 3D modeller I need the MMB a lot. Unfortunately it needs a lot of force and fails frequently.

So I've been looking for a new mouse but can't seem to find a proper replacement. I need at least one thumb button that can be reached easily, the device shouldn't be too heavy and bulky. Weight and shape of the AM are just perfect for me. And I cant stand angle snapping/prediction or acceleration.

Actually all I want is a Zowie AM with a proper, reliable scroll wheel, so I was asking myself if it was possible to take the thing apart and modify the wheel somehow... turning it into gold by applying some glue and toothpicks here and there, whatever, I don't know.  :))

Any ideas?
how about SS KANA V2?

Offline superfalse

Re: Zowie AM and its awful scroll wheel
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 18:48:55 »
how about SS KANA V2?
This seems to be the only real alternative since the Sensei is a bit too large for my taste. Didn't really like the side buttons when I tried it, though.