Author Topic: Have anyone seen black otaku?  (Read 2062 times)

Offline dkssudgktpdy

Have anyone seen black otaku?
« on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 21:31:01 »
Have anyone seen black otaku?

http://www.originativeco.com/collections/keysets/products/black-otaku

I want to see the actual image but rendering image.

However, no one does not seem to buy.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Have anyone seen black otaku?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 21:40:58 »
There was a big preorder not sure if people got their keys. I never got my space bars.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 21:42:26 »

I have em.  More purple tint than my POM, some of the keys like F-row and right shift are warped and sit slightly twisted on the stem.  Very disappointing even before you get to the winkey kit and spacebar never materializing.

verdict: try to wait for ivan's gb leftovers if you want 87 key dark PBT... if you want WKL this is your best bet for the PBT 1.5x in black so you don't really have other options.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 22:06:29 »
Just remember the risks involved with ordering from sherry.

sometimes you won't get anything and that's no good.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline TBone

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 22:16:48 »
There's a reason nobody buys and they don't have a vendor forum... :rolleyes:

But you can try to pick up a set from Ivan's GB if you want a black blank set. It's already over, but I think I saw some people trying to get rid of their sets. You probably have a better bet there.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 22:25:51 »
Sorry, but you can't blame the colour/bad stems on sherry. That's BSPs fault and nobody elses.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline t2russo

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 22:36:23 »
I wouldn't buy ANY BSP, including the upcoming imsto dyesub replicas.  Color observation was just that they are not PURE black, they are modeled after realforce-ish colors as intended.  Warp is present on the otaku shift and the RGBY set that came with my package, so it's not the colors making wonky molds  :D

They were exactly as I expected after reading reviews of other BSP, which were less than thrilling. 

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 22:48:09 »
I wouldn't buy ANY BSP, including the upcoming imsto dyesub replicas.  Color observation was just that they are not PURE black, they are modeled after realforce-ish colors as intended.  Warp is present on the otaku shift and the RGBY set that came with my package, so it's not the colors making wonky molds  :D

They were exactly as I expected after reading reviews of other BSP, which were less than thrilling.
Yeah, they're not great.. :-[
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 22:48:59 »
Sorry, but you can't blame the colour/bad stems on sherry. That's BSPs fault and nobody elses.

BUT sherry delayed and delayed claiming to have worked out any problems and color issues directly with the manufacturer....but for what they cost you would think BSP could do a little better.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 11:43:55 »
Warped keys are a risk on any pbt set on larger keys. It's just inherent to the material. Though, depending on the QA at wherever factory the chances of receiving warped keys may rage drastically from 10% to 90%. Even the best of the best of QA Cherry I have come across some warped or miscast keys on a few occasions. BSP make nice keys, but they could use to retool the 2.75 shift especially since it is almost always off in some way it seems whether with warp or excessive shrink AND make tooling for the common sizes of everything that is missing on their end. Stepping up their QA wouldn't hurt either. Even still as they are they are still one of the top quality keycaps. Whoever is making the new Cherry profile PBTs for Leopold though is kicking their ass at a fraction of the cost. I really want to find out who that factory is.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 July 2014, 11:45:27 by IvanIvanovich »