Author Topic: What are my options?  (Read 1836 times)

Offline 8bitderp

What are my options?
« on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 21:26:50 »
Looking for a smaller than TKL (60-75%) Board With MX Clears...

The only one I know of at the moment is the KBP V60
Daffy Collector

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
Re: What are my options?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 21:31:36 »
Looking for a smaller than TKL (60-75%) Board With MX Clears...

The only one I know of at the moment is the KBP V60
Massdrop just did a run of Poker 2 keyboards with clears, over 500 units sold.  Hopefully they'll do another one eventually.  The Keyed up Labs 87 is available in mx clears too, but that's a TKL unfortunately. 
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 21:32:31 »
You just missed a Massdrop for a Poker II with clears, by about 4 days. I have a feeling it will be back on there, else I'm fairly certain there will be more than a few people who can help you find one!

Offline jameslr

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 22:08:25 »
You can get FC660M with clears. They're on Ebay right now for $135 plus $20 shipping. Kind of steep, imo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leopold-FC660M-Mechanical-keyboard-Cherry-MX-Clear-switches-W-White-body-/291046512169

CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 01:43:15 »
You can get FC660M with clears. They're on Ebay right now for $135 plus $20 shipping. Kind of steep, imo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leopold-FC660M-Mechanical-keyboard-Cherry-MX-Clear-switches-W-White-body-/291046512169

That's from qtan.

You could send him a PM on GH and ask if he can do you a better price.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 02:59:56 »
I don't know what's going on, but this is the third thread on this subject pretty much. (this is the third I saw, if you posted first, then sorry.)

And the third time I'm going to type this:

Get a Keycool 84.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 04:33:15 »
In order of size, from 60% to 75%:

If you can find a Poker II with Clears from someone in Classifieds, that would be a sweet board. Or hope for a new Massdrop run of them.

Qtan has the FC660M in Clears, both in dark grey and white for $110 plus shipping:

http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/shop-mechanical-keyboard-by-sw/leopold-fc660m-mechanical-keyb/lid=35722930

http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/shop-mechanical-keyboard-by-sw/leopold-fc660m-mechanical-keyb/lid=36810036

Then if you can find one, the Keycool 84 II with Clears is also a good board.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline 8bitderp

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 01:54:03 »
You just missed a Massdrop for a Poker II with clears, by about 4 days. I have a feeling it will be back on there, else I'm fairly certain there will be more than a few people who can help you find one!

Yeah I couldn't commit the funds at that time.... I was still waiting for my USPS Insurance claim to get to me, as the CODE that i bought off someone ended up with a hole in the packaging and a broken spacebar and enter key. (I got the full amount of insurance)
Daffy Collector

Offline 8bitderp

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 14:45:03 »
218 USERS WANTING another Poker 2 Clear Drop! Does anyone know how they actually work (re-drops) about how many people need to request it before they get another drop?
Daffy Collector

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 15:17:05 »
They need to have the interest, then they go to the company/manufacturer to negotiate bulk pricing. If the manufacturer agrees, then they open the drop for sale. It will likely drop again, the clears one they doubled ( the manufacturer) the initial amount after an overwhelming response. They'd be unwise not to!