Author Topic: Poker 2 questions  (Read 7386 times)

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
Poker 2 questions
« on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 08:00:22 »
Hello, So i just got my poker, have been trying to learn how to program it.

Is it possible to configure another key to be the Windows key?
For example I want Fn + Z to be the windows key, is that possible?

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
Re: Poker 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 10:18:33 »

It's not possible to reprogram the FN layer. Use PN + Z instead. Or PN + FN + Z.

Glad i could help.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 10:27:22 »

It's not possible to reprogram the FN layer. Use PN + Z instead. Or PN + FN + Z.

Glad i could help.

How should I do that?
What are the steps? Still very new on this. Thanks.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 10:38:14 »
Straight from the Poker II Manual :

1. Press PMode(FN + Right CTRL) to enter the programming mode (Spacebar right LED flashing)
2. Press the key you want to program ( Spacebar right LED on)
3. Key in the programming content and then press PN ( Spacebar right LED flashing again)
4. Repeat step 2 and step 3 to program other keys
5. Press PMode(FN + Right CTRL) to exit programming mode ( Spacebar right LED off)
Note:
· Support FN layer programming, you can select the FN combination key (e.g., FN + A) to program
it
· Under SELECT state (step 1), you can press PN + any key to view its content in a word
processing software (e.g., Notepad)
· Support time delay, press 15ms key(FN + F) each time to delay 15ms, press 0.1s key(FN + G)
each time to delay 0.1s, press 0.5s key(FN + H) each time to delay 0.5s. Consecutive delay will
add up but will only be counted as 1 key stroke
· Every key can program up to 14 key strokes
· If there is no key pressed for 15 sec in programming mode, it will exit to normal mode

DOWNLOAD YOUR COPY HERE :D : http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgeekhack.org%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D40501.0%3Battach%3D23154&ei=MW3WU9_UEY6gyAT4xYCQDg&usg=AFQjCNGWI1aBQH7hI-SBFLpJcHX_0U7Egw&bvm=bv.71778758,d.aWw&cad=rja

Just making sure you don't miss it.

ENJOY YOUR FEELINGS

Just kidding. Have a good one. Reply here if you have any questions i'll be glad to help you out.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 10:53:05 »
Thanks. Hate that phrase on the spacebar.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 10:57:40 »

There should be a blank one, or just use tape over it.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:02:05 »

HAha, btw do you know if the controller supports brightness control? I want to add my own LEDs, mine didn't come with LEDs.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:19:39 »

HAha, btw do you know if the controller supports brightness control? I want to add my own LEDs, mine didn't come with LEDs.

I can't tell, mine doesn't have LEDs either but anyway i don't like LEDs so i never wondered.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline MrexD

• aka mrwoodyxd
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:38:22 »
Fn+V = LEDs On/Off
Fn+C = Brightness Down
Fn+B = Brightness Up
Pok3r MX CLears

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:42:41 »
Fn+V = LEDs On/Off
Fn+C = Brightness Down
Fn+B = Brightness Up

^^  And IIRC, there are 8 or so levels of brightness.  Works wonderfully.   :thumb:

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 12:46:34 »
SEE YOU ONLY HAD TO WAIT GEEKS ARE ROAMING AND KNOW EVERYTANG

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 03:06:26 »
Ok, thanks guys. Gonna add some LEDs to my poker soon

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 05:13:36 »
I still dont understand? So you cannot program any key which dosent have a function layer to have one?
Like the letter b dosent have a function layer, so i cant program it to be like when i press FN +B to show up something?

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 07:15:49 »
Any key you program uses pn + the key. You can program pn + fn + key as well, but you are limited to that. If you toggle the programmable layer on full time, fn + right shift, you effectively can reprogram keys to anything and the fn layer of that key without needing the pn key.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 07:19:59 »
I still dont understand? So you cannot program any key which dosent have a function layer to have one?
Like the letter b dosent have a function layer, so i cant program it to be like when i press FN +B to show up something?

That's it. The FN layer is static, means you cannot change it (except with some mods i know their are some here or something)

The PN layer is fully customizable and the FN + PN layer as well. They did it that way because the FN layer has to reliably function and be able to deliver the missing inputs (such as printscreen).

If you want to program the FN + B just program the PN + B instead and it'll do the same output.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 09:59:49 »

That's it. The FN layer is static, means you cannot change it (except with some mods i know their are some here or something)

The PN layer is fully customizable and the FN + PN layer as well. They did it that way because the FN layer has to reliably function and be able to deliver the missing inputs (such as printscreen).

If you want to program the FN + B just program the PN + B instead and it'll do the same output.

Do you have a link to the mods? I may want to try them out. Tried searching but to no avail. :(
Reason why i want to do it is because i have set caps lock as my function key and as the pn key is relatively far away, I want to do a function layer combination instead. Thanks.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 10:02:50 »

Do you have a link to the mods? I may want to try them out. Tried searching but to no avail. :(
Reason why i want to do it is because i have set caps lock as my function key and as the pn key is relatively far away, I want to do a function layer combination instead. Thanks.

I'm sorry but i really can't help in here. I know there should be some mods maybe this guy with the pawn avatar that made the GUI FN layout but i just can't put my finger on his name or work.

Give me a minute

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 10:04:52 »
THERE HE IS LITTLE SNEEKY PEEKY

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57723.0

http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=27594

Read and learn from this guy, he's a huge Poker II enthousiast and his work is fkin dope-ass crazy, some next-level stuff in here. Maybe you can send him a pm straight to ask him about your issue he might be able to help.

I'm just not on his level but i'm glad i still managed to help. :]

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline SirAntoniusBlock

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 11:06:06 »
This may be a very silly question, but is there any possible way to convert my poker II to be wireless in any way? It would just be a lot more convenient certainly, but according to my novice research, is quite impossible.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 11:13:05 »
This may be a very silly question, but is there any possible way to convert my poker II to be wireless in any way? It would just be a lot more convenient certainly, but according to my novice research, is quite impossible.

With very heavy modifications, yes.

You will need three things :

- A Power source for the keyboard (like batteries) that inputs in the board (emulates the usb power)
- A dongle for emmision on the keyboard (that also needs to reviece cause the computer may send instructions to the keyboard)
- A USB dongle for reception on the computer that also my emmit.

It's possible hence it's high level and the tradeoff won't be neat; you'll have some module top left of your poker hanging imo, can't see how else you'll do it.

Don't take my solution as final their might be other ways but i litterally have no clue.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 11:13:55 »
You can buy adapters for bluetooth / wireless. You can also mod in a wireless controller, which is not an easy task since I believe it involves replacing the existing controller as well.

The bluetooth adapters are pretty neat, but you will then have your keyboard plugged into it instead of a computer which may or may not actually help you.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 14:22:49 »
You can buy adapters for bluetooth / wireless. You can also mod in a wireless controller, which is not an easy task since I believe it involves replacing the existing controller as well.

The bluetooth adapters are pretty neat, but you will then have your keyboard plugged into it instead of a computer which may or may not actually help you.

Yea that's what i was thinking but if you plug a bluetooth mini usb dongle into the Poker II only port, where will the power come from?

Other wireless keyboards holds an internal battery but i've heard they were bad, wouldn't stand for 10 hours before requiring a recharge. Pretty sad but instead, just get multiple Mini USB (Worth nothing, it's the old norm so you get them cheap) and just leave them plugger in on all your machines.

I understand that in 2014 cables are not welcomed anymore but i guess there's no ther ways of doing it, sadly.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 14:52:59 »
I'm really only going off the bluetooth adapter I saw on massdrop a few weeks ago.

It had a built in rechargeable battery, which lasted around 10 hours(?) iirc. I was considering picking one up, just to have cause it was kind of neat and I will never need my keyboard on wireless for more than 10 hours at a time anyway. I have a carrying case for my poker II and take the keyboard and one of my several usb cords with me whenever I think I'll need a keyboard.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 00:56:01 »

You have provided a link to a manual that you should read.

YES, the Fn layer can be completely reprogrammed. Even the default layer (the key you press without holding Fn or Pn) can be reprogrammed.

Make yourself a favor and RTFM before you answer questions.

Even better: let the OP RTFM.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:09:53 »
spice, I don't know what you're talking about.

You cannot program anything into a poker that doesn't rely on the PN key. You can toggle the programmed layer on so that you dont have to press the PN key and it acts like the button is programmed, but all key combinations you program into the keyboard need either the layer toggled on or the PN key held down. This includes anything in the FN layer you program which is accessed through PN + FN + the key. So before you rant about letting the OP read the manual, you should probably be aware that the people in this thread have been stating more or less exactly what the manual has to say about programming.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:29:55 »

You cannot program anything into a poker that doesn't rely on the PN key. You can toggle the programmed layer on so that you dont have to press the PN key and it acts like the button is programmed, but all key combinations you program into the keyboard need either the layer toggled on or the PN key held down. This includes anything in the FN layer you program which is accessed through PN + FN + the key. So before you rant about letting the OP read the manual, you should probably be aware that the people in this thread have been stating more or less exactly what the manual has to say about programming.

So...

You can program a Pn+key combo and a Pn+Fn+key combo. Then toggle the Pn on. Now you have a programmed default behaviour for that key AND a Fn behaviour for it. Just as Spicebar said and just as it says in the manual.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:36:27 »
I'm really only going off the bluetooth adapter I saw on massdrop a few weeks ago.

It had a built in rechargeable battery, which lasted around 10 hours(?) iirc. I was considering picking one up, just to have cause it was kind of neat and I will never need my keyboard on wireless for more than 10 hours at a time anyway. I have a carrying case for my poker II and take the keyboard and one of my several usb cords with me whenever I think I'll need a keyboard.

Good stuff! I didn't know there was some specific modules for this!

You have provided a link to a manual that you should read.

YES, the Fn layer can be completely reprogrammed. Even the default layer (the key you press without holding Fn or Pn) can be reprogrammed.

Make yourself a favor and RTFM before you answer questions.

Even better: let the OP RTFM.

I'm sorry but I still cannot find it :/ . I have read the manual but i still can't figure it out. Is it really written explicitly? What am i missing?

I mean all i can find is "Support FN layer programming, you can select the FN combination key (e.g., FN + A) to program it"

But let's say i program in FN + A, would i need to do PN + FN + A?

How could i reprogramme my "?/" key into writting down a whole word for example?

I'm pretty lost in this. I believe i am misunderstanding something because i don't know how you could summon a programmed function without using the PN key on the Poker II.

Please elaborate cause the manual doesn't seem to be enough versus your knowledge of the board.

Thanks.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:38:40 »

So...

You can program a Pn+key combo and a Pn+Fn+key combo. Then toggle the Pn on. Now you have a programmed default behaviour for that key AND a Fn behaviour for it. Just as Spicebar said and just as it says in the manual.

I don't get it.

Quoting Spicebar : YES, the Fn layer can be completely reprogrammed. Even the default layer (the key you press without holding Fn or Pn) can be reprogrammed.

He says you can reprogram the basic layer without PN or FN, where is this stated in the 4 pages manual i linked?

I'm not trying to be right or arrogant here i'm just trying to figure this out.

Thanks.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:50:17 »
Quardah, it's not stated in the manual because you cannot do it. You need to use either the PN layer toggle or PN key to invoke programmed keys.

If you program FN + A to print HELLO, to invoke the program you will need to hit PN + FN + A at which point the keyboard will output HELLO

If you want to make ?/ write abc here are the steps (mirrored from the manual)
1. Enter programming mode: fn + right ctrl
2. Select key to program: ?/, right spacebar light will stop flashing
3. Enter the combination you want programmed (up to 15 chars iirc): abc
4. Hit pn
5. Exit programming mode: fn + right ctrl

Now if you hit pn + / you will get abc

You cannot program into any layer other than the fn, so if you cannot do something like pn + shift + w = some combo. However the shift layer of keys will carry over, so if you program pn + right ctrl = ` then shift + pn + right ctrl = ~

Let me know if you have any more questions. I've spent quite a bit of time playing around with my keyboard trying to get it to act the way I want it to.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:58:25 »
Thanks for the quick reminder and i understand these concepts, i have also managed to program some stuff over the year i had the board.

Quite enjoyable eh?

But it pretty simple, spiceBar states that he can reprogram basic layer and reading his other topics really shows up he knows how to do it.

I just can't figure it out now i've been trying the last 30 minutes but i just can't :(

I wouldn't stay at the "it's impossible" state. I know he can do it and he seems to be the only one, therefore if he's kind he might take a second to write down his procedure because.

Plz
spiceBar
plz
 :'(
 :'( :'(
 :'( :'( :'(

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 08:55:47 »
Hmm. If spice has a method for programming keys without needing to use the PN layer I will be quite pleased. I've never seen a way to do this and would also be interested in knowing how.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 09:08:45 »
Hmm. If spice has a method for programming keys without needing to use the PN layer I will be quite pleased. I've never seen a way to do this and would also be interested in knowing how.

Found it on his GuiFN topic :

LAZY QUOTE STARTS :

Poker 2:

Thanks to the location of the built-in Fn key, the Poker 2 is compatible with GuiFN. This occured to me only after designing GuiFN, which I tried first on a Poker X, on a GH60 and on an HHKB. After noticing this, I ordered a Poker 2. GuiFN has not been designed for the Poker 2, but it happens to work perfectly on it!

The Poker 2 can be easily programmed by the user without using any software. The user enters the mapping by hand, and it's retained after the keyboard is turned off or disconnected from the computer.

By default, the functions you program are only accessible by pressing the Pn key together with the programmed key.

However, you also have a special mode that allows you to bypass the Pn key. In this mode, pressing a key invokes what you have programmed, no need to press Pn. This mode allows you to completely reprogram the keyboard. For example you can convert the Poker 2 to DVORAK using this. The original function of the key is still accessible by pressing Pn and the key. To get the original Fn- meaning of the key, press Fn-Pn- and the key.

We are going to use this special mode, which also allows to reprogram the Fn layer.

First, let's check that the keyboard is not write-protected. Under the keyboard, the DIP switch 4 must be in the OFF position.

Now, let's reprogram just two keys to see how it's done. We are going to change the Caps Lock key so that pressing it directly will produce a backquote and pressing it together with Fn will give access to the original Caps Lock function. Press the keys in this order:

Key                   Comment
---------------      ----------------
Fn-Ctrl              - enter programming mode - the LED at the right end of the space bar blinks

CapsLock          - the key we want to program - the LED stops blinking
Fn-Esc               - the character it should produce: this is how you get the backquote on the Poker 2

Pn                      - we are done programming CapsLock, the LED starts blinking again

Fn-CapsLock    - we are going to program Fn-CapsLock
CapsLock          - what Fn-CapsLock should do

Pn                      - we are done programming Fn-CapsLock

Fn-Ctrl              - exit programming mode, the LED is now off

Finally press Fn-Shift (the Shift at the right of the keyboard). The LED at the left end of the space bar lights up. It means you can now use the programmed keys without using Pn.

Press CapsLock and you should get a backquote. Shift-CapsLock should do the tilde. Fn-CapsLock puts the keyboard in Caps mode, and will turn on the LED under the CapsLock key.

Not bad.

END QUOTE.

Pretty straightforward, he's using the Toggle mode on the Poker II which REVERSE the PN and normal mode, which means all of your keystrokes will output programmed outputs. It also allows to reprogram the FN layer as well and if you hold PN it will output the standard output.

Let's say i have "iliketurtles" on my PN + I key

In normal mode :

i = i
PN + i = iliketurtles
FN + i = insert
PN + FN + i = undefined in this case.

In Toggle mode :

i - iliketurtles
PN + i = i
FN + i = undefined in this case
PN + FN + i = insert

That's how he does it.
It's a nice workarround but it's not "pure" reprogramming the basic layer. It completly kills the PN functions as far as i understand.

He'll come back in here maybe point out if i misunderstood something.

Anyway now you know how he does it he's pretty smart.
PN + i = i

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 09:09:37 »
Just press fn shift. This makes impt in pn permanently. So you don't need to use PN

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 09:14:40 »
Okay so he's not actually reprogramming the base functionality of the key, hes enabling the pn layer like I said was on option earlier. I was under the impression he meant that he could for example:

Program P = HELLO and hit P without using pn or the pn layer have P output HELLO, but this is not the case.

That is the exact set of steps I said before, but explicitly stating enable pn layer with fn + right shift. I've been using my keyboard this way since I got it, and was really hoping he had a way around using the pn layer. I'm kinda disappointed, was really hoping I could directly program keys without needing to toggle on the pn layer since the LED is mildly obnoxious at times xD
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 09:16:34 »
Enabling the PN layer is not the same as programming the base layer and fn layer of the keyboard directly which is what I thought he was talking about. They still use the PN layer for those keys, you are just setting the PN key to always held mode instead of pressing it each time you want to use a programmed key.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 09:29:17 »
Yea i know i get your point. I totally understand. Since there's a reset function (hold FN + R 12 seconds) why not be able to scrap the whole thing for later reset?

:[

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Coreda

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 10:11:06 »
Don't worry Quardah, you weren't the first to be confused about the Fn remapping ability, I had a similar conversation with spiceBar before ;)

Yes it's the toggle Pn mode that also allows the keyboard to be remapped to Dvorak for those who want to.

Personally I use the toggle Pn mode to remap the Fn layer. When you are in this mode, the standard Fn layer is still accessible by Fn+Pn+key.

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:30:16 »
Okay so he's not actually reprogramming the base functionality of the key, hes enabling the pn layer like I said was on option earlier. I was under the impression he meant that he could for example:

Program P = HELLO and hit P without using pn or the pn layer have P output HELLO, but this is not the case.

That is the exact set of steps I said before, but explicitly stating enable pn layer with fn + right shift. I've been using my keyboard this way since I got it, and was really hoping he had a way around using the pn layer. I'm kinda disappointed, was really hoping I could directly program keys without needing to toggle on the pn layer since the LED is mildly obnoxious at times xD

There is a special solution for the LED always on problem that bothers you so much.

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:48:58 »
Enabling the PN layer is not the same as programming the base layer and fn layer of the keyboard directly which is what I thought he was talking about. They still use the PN layer for those keys, you are just setting the PN key to always held mode instead of pressing it each time you want to use a programmed key.

It doesn't really matter, the Poker 2 allows you to reprogram the default layer (that is, you can have the P key generate "HELLO"), and the Fn layer (that is, you can have Fn+P generate "WORLD!").

Not only this, but you still have access to the original letter P by pressing Pn+P and the original function associated with P by pressing Fn+Pn+P.

I had to show up in this thread because some people started saying that you could not reprogram the default layer and the Fn layer, which I know is wrong. And I know that you were the first to explain that it was actually possible, and you even explained how, but apparently nobody read your post. :D

One of the things that the Poker 2 cannot do, and this can be a problem, is remap some key to a function and Shift plus this key to another function. THIS is not possible. For example if you remap CapsLock to "a", Shift+CapsLock will always do "A" (the shifted version of "a"). You could not have CapsLock do "a" and Shift+CapsLock do "z" for example.

So when you plan a new layout for your Poker 2, you need to keep this in mind.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 17:46:54 »
sorry for semi-necro, but I was thinking of adding an LED for my KBC Poker II on the Escape key, would that one be lit up with FN+V then? or would I need to do something more than just solder? well rather, would any LED I add work with just FN+V (and FN + B / C for brightness)?
there's no specific type of LED I need to use? specifications and such don't matter, like strength of LED and such? all I know is that I either need to cut it down so it fits the LED socket, or get one that is rounded from the start.

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 03:36:52 »
sorry for semi-necro, but I was thinking of adding an LED for my KBC Poker II on the Escape key, would that one be lit up with FN+V then? or would I need to do something more than just solder? well rather, would any LED I add work with just FN+V (and FN + B / C for brightness)?
there's no specific type of LED I need to use? specifications and such don't matter, like strength of LED and such? all I know is that I either need to cut it down so it fits the LED socket, or get one that is rounded from the start.
A 3v led will be needed.
Yes the poker already has resistors in built so you just need to add led and you can use the fn+v to turn it on.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 10:15:01 »
cool, I'll go see what I can find then, thank you! :)