Author Topic: Question for Poker II users?  (Read 1971 times)

Offline zombieautopilot6

Question for Poker II users?
« on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 14:39:43 »
I recently purchased a Poker II and was just wondering what some of you use the PN layer for? Also, I am a full time developer so are there any things that are beneficial on the PN layer that a developer can use? Thanks in advance!

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
Re: Question for Poker II users?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 14:52:50 »
I recently purchased a Poker II and was just wondering what some of you use the PN layer for? Also, I am a full time developer so are there any things that are beneficial on the PN layer that a developer can use? Thanks in advance!

As a developper my "step into" was bound to PN+Right Shift so it was better than using Alt+F2 (for VBA macros)

Win + R + somecommand for qui start EXAMPLE : Win + R (Wait 500ms) cmd (wait 500ms) ipconfig /all

Loading an email signature is also very nice (type it once without mistake will work forever)

Some favorite links if you are using multiple machines; can always be nice.

Your email address, obviously one of the string you type the most for login purposes and such.

Bind some public passwords for a secondary account on your computer. That way you don't have to tell them the password for them to log into your machine, and if they are smart enough to put it into a text editor, then yea it won't be your main password.

You can bind some special characters you may use many times that is not available on your layout using the ALT + ##### (# = numbers). That way you can write down special characters like the skwigly.

Hope it helps also i'll monitor this thread for nice Poker II programming tips n tricks u know.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline zombieautopilot6

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 15:01:20 »
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 15:07:29 »
I'd never thought of the email macro. I've contemplated opening and closing tags for XML/HTML with macros back in the day, that is always viable.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 15:47:16 »
I mainly use it to move around my nav cluster, but I also use it for my email address, as Quarda does, and for my root password, though I'm sure some would frown on that.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 15:59:17 »
I mainly use it to move around my nav cluster, but I also use it for my email address, as Quarda does, and for my root password, though I'm sure some would frown on that.

Yea issues with password is that they are plain text hardcoded therefore it's easy to summon them in notepad and gain instant access #hackerlyfe

ALSO MY NAME AS AN "H"

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 16:10:04 »
ALSO MY NAME AS AN "H"
S-sorry.
...you didn't have to yell at me  :'(
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 17:07:46 »
ALSO MY NAME AS AN "H"
S-sorry.
...you didn't have to yell at me  :'(

Sorry :[

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 23:51:11 »

I use it to remap completely the Fn layout and have decent access to the navigation keys:
  http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57723.0

Out of the box, the Poker 2 was totally useless for me, but I purchased it knowing I was going to remap it.

Offline Kblavkalash

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 08:57:56 »
Does anyone know if it's possible to program Left ALT + WASD to act as a arrow keys? Now my left Win key acts as FN so FN + WASD is good, but more convenient would be ALT + WASD.

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 10:21:05 »
I can do that in the PN mode.

Offline Kblavkalash

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 10:27:34 »
I can do that in the PN mode.

So how can I program ALT + WASD act as arrow keys?

Offline TheUnknownZ

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 11:20:38 »
Does anyone know if it's possible to program Left ALT + WASD to act as a arrow keys? Now my left Win key acts as FN so FN + WASD is good, but more convenient would be ALT + WASD.

The way I use it is: switch left win key for fn and switch left win key for capslock.
So now my capslock acts as fn, so if I want to use arrow keys I press "capslock"+WASD

Offline Kblavkalash

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 11:26:07 »

The way I use it is: switch left win key for fn and switch left win key for capslock.
So now my capslock acts as fn, so if I want to use arrow keys I press "capslock"+WASD

Oh wow, that's just great, even better than I wanted :D Thank you!

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 11:35:02 »
To make a key permanently another, you have to use the PN layer.
First u program the key us wNt to change via the normal way. Then go into fn+right shift. This makes PN+ whatever key u pressed. So you wouldn't need to press pn whenever u use it.