Author Topic: My god, its happening! White FC660C!!!  (Read 20505 times)

Offline Noko

• jolonarr: a tough dude who takes no esses!
  • * Maker
    • Noko's Leatherworks
Re: My god, its happening! White FC660C!!!
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 08:56:11 »
It's getting harder to wait for the Novatouch as my first Topre :O
Noko's Leatherworks - Handmade Custom Leather Wrist Rests -  http://www.noko.ca

Sales Thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51762.0
Build Log: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47704.0

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 08:57:26 »
Anyone know what weight it is?  45g?  55g?

Can't see it anywhere on the page, and translate doesn't help much.

I think it's pretty safe to assume it's 45g, like all other FC660Cs. However, as I've posted about many times before, the newer FC660Cs are very close to RF 55g, despite being designated as 45g.
I can agree with this statement ^

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 09:19:35 »
I think it's pretty safe to assume it's 45g, like all other FC660Cs. However, as I've posted about many times before, the newer FC660Cs are very close to RF 55g, despite being designated as 45g.

Hnnnnnng

Making this so difficult, I was shooting for a RF 87u 55g in white, but now with this it's making it impossible to choose between them. The form factor of the Leopold is delicious.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 09:23:25 »

Hnnnnnng

Making this so difficult, I was shooting for a RF 87u 55g in white, but now with this it's making it impossible to choose between them. The form factor of the Leopold is delicious.
I may end up going with RF 55g because it sits flatter on the desk. I remember appreciating how low-profile it was compared to other boards, including the 660...

But yes it is a hard decision indeed!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 09:27:59 »
That is damn sexy. Are they also available with blank caps? Please say yes... pretty pleeaaassseee!
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 10:27:42 »
LEOPOLD Y U DO DIS TO ME

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 11:21:23 »
I love the color scheme, but the legends are actually a little bit too small for my taste. It would look even better if the arrow keys were light grey as well.

If they sell these caps separately, I might get them for my 660C :)
I agree about the arrows kind of looks like big blob of dark grey over on that side of the board. Still love the board though.

Offline dante

Offline Zephitos

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 12:03:51 »
I think I have no choice but to grab this even though I love my HHKB Type S  :thumb:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

More pictures
http://www.leopold.co.kr/data/cheditor4/1407/HaK2CKpfYNIOPTMnsP.jpg

****ing COOOOOOOL
but

IMO White one tone is more and more COOOCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/news/8488735
Inventory
22mini brown, twosome mini, fc300r mx red,

WTB/WTS : [WTB] IMSTO PBT R2

To do
Make LZ's B series, LZ-FE,
-----------------------------------------------------------
And Fuxxing  DrugER

Offline remdell

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 14:46:15 »
Man, that white case looks so good.
Rukia PC | RF87U Digilog | Norbaforce MKII Palm Desert | Zenith ZKB-2R | Datadesk MAC-101

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 14:58:45 »
Typing on the black version at this very moment, and yet I still want to drop $200+ on the white one.  :'(

The new key colorway on a black case would look even better.

Offline paulen

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 15:08:33 »
the color wasn't what I m looking for, maybe just the lighting? Idk, but look too creamy.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 15:17:50 »
Ahhhh... crap. I'm going to get forced into buying one of these by my other half.

If only my other half was forcing me to buy one, instead of hinting that I should be saving money :))

I just hope that the availability will not become an issue, and we will not have to hunt for these like people had to when the black version came out. That sucked.

There are still 4 on eBay ...

the color wasn't what I m looking for, maybe just the lighting? Idk, but look too creamy.

There are very few whiter than white keyboards - most "white" ones are off-white, or slightly beige.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 21:28:12 »
There are very few whiter than white keyboards - most "white" ones are off-white, or slightly beige.

Yep, very true. Leopold especially has a history of releasing slightly beige white keyboards.

If you are looking for true white, the ones I know are keycool and limited editions of duckies and quickfire TK. And then you can always try acrylic custom cases if that's your thing.

Offline asassdsd

• Call me "Jelly"
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 21:35:01 »
I'm using the black with dyesub. The white one looks good but I think I'll like mine more!
This isn't an alternative or troll account, I've been using this username for at least 10 years. Try typing it, is so fast and easy!

Recently acquired: Leopold fc660c with PBT   Currently: Bro-less    Clack-less    Mummy-less
I am currently at : Santa Cruz, CA

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 21:37:02 »
I think I need me one of these :o

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 00:40:47 »
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 01:53:23 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281398041346

:eek:

The price with shipping  :(

Early adopters :)

There are still 4 for sale - no-one has bought one yet.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 02:36:34 »
If only my other half was forcing me to buy one, instead of hinting that I should be saving money :))

Yeah I hate it when they find out, then out comes the list of priorities that I should address first........fvcking wives and their sense of reality  ::) .

Lucky only spent for 2 key-sets thus far but will think about getting the 'tiny' keyboard later on, BECAUSE realforce still rules in the thorpie world.

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 03:18:50 »
The grey is too dark and looks ugly imo.
你搞砸了

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 05:00:11 »
The grey is too dark and looks ugly imo.

Looks like they just exactly copied the gray from the all-gray FC660C.  Easy way out :p

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 10:24:09 »
I needed another Topre keyboard since my brother confiscated the one I have at home. In the end I ended up getting the Realforce 87U all-45g. I was not willing to spend the $280 x 1.19 (Yes, our Dutch customs charges VAT over the shipping charge as well) + $customs fee by importing this keyboard (350 dollars). Then also having it arrive by the end of next month somwhere (our customs can easily add a week or more).

With my keyboards being at 2 working places... I am now typing on a Logitech wireless keyboard with Chiclet keys  >:D
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Justintoxicated

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 16:48:11 »
Wow I like those two tone keycaps, but not enough to buy another keyboard.  I wish they would sell the keycaps...

One thing I don't like is that instead of saying C=Q/V=E(A/t) it says Leopold...

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 18:17:23 »
Beautiful! Anyone know if EK is planning on selling this?
RETIRED

Offline intelli78

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 18:25:51 »
One thing I don't like is that instead of saying C=Q/V=E(A/t) it says Leopold...

The pics on Leopold's site show it with the capacitance equation... not "Leopold"
I think you're OK on that one...
http://www.leopold.co.kr/data/cheditor4/1407/HaK2CKpfYNIOPTMnsP.jpg

I'm sure Brian will let you know if you email him. I asked about the first dyesub version when it was announced, and he replied yes pretty quickly.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline snipars

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 18:57:04 »
that's so cool, there are so many great topre keyboards now
Duck Octagon + Gateron Black |HHKB Pro 2 | Poker 2 + Vintage Black + Tex case | Unicomp Ultra Classic | WASD V2 |

Offline cheesedgrate

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 03:16:36 »
Holy crap that's hot. I was thinking of getting another HHKB to use at home (I keep my current one mainly at work) but this could very well be my new home keyboard. Looks stunning.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 04:57:04 »
that reminds me of the 105UK-HiPro, beautiful vintage looks, maybe this will be my 2nd Topre mini
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 06:57:07 »
my god, so nice :P
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline salcan

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 08:24:50 »

No plans to apparently.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:14:14 »

No plans to apparently.

I emailed EK yesterday, and this is the reply I got back today.

"Thank you for your interest. However, we do not have any plans on
stocking the white FC660C at this time.

Best Regards,
Tiffany"

:(     :(     :(     :(     :(
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline paulen

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:21:15 »

No plans to apparently.

Best Regards,
Tiffany"

No plans to apparently.

Best Regards,
Tiffany"

No plans to apparently.

Best Regards,
Tiffany"

nooooooo!!!!!!!

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:40:46 »

No plans to apparently.

Best Regards,
Tiffany"

ebay it is...  :'(

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:41:16 »
Hopefully they will change their mind if enough people show interest.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline juguerre

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 04:55:27 »
Ohhh! That vintage scheme is cool ... I made  my decision with RF 55g a few months ago but this looks really nice and I don't know why but the asymmetric layout looks better for me with this color scheme.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 August 2014, 04:58:40 by juguerre »
Realforce 105 variable (at work)     Ducky G2Pro ISO TKL Mx-Clear    Realforce 87 55g (home)

Offline docwlad

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 01:35:40 »
Oh man, that is awesome  :eek:. I've been using the black one with grey dye subs for about a month now as my daily driver, and love the hell out of it. Wish I could get just those keys... it'd be downright sexy

Offline Altis

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 23:38:18 »
Has anyone picked one up yet?

Curious to see more photos.

Also, seems to be really hard to get a normal FC660C now. EK all out of stock. I'm hoping to get a black/blank board, unless I go for RF87U 45g... again, not easy to get.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 00:33:18 »
Has anyone picked one up yet?

Curious to see more photos.

Also, seems to be really hard to get a normal FC660C now. EK all out of stock. I'm hoping to get a black/blank board, unless I go for RF87U 45g... again, not easy to get.

I think widebasket has a few up on eBay. A little spendy after shipping from Korea, but with EK not planning to stock them, it's your best bet.

Edit: Whoops, you said normal FC660C. Widebasket still might have some of those, I know he has the white version and the dyesubbed version.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 05:05:05 »
The red one.
I Watts

Offline Altis

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 09:08:01 »

I think widebasket has a few up on eBay. A little spendy after shipping from Korea, but with EK not planning to stock them, it's your best bet.

Edit: Whoops, you said normal FC660C. Widebasket still might have some of those, I know he has the white version and the dyesubbed version.

Says $18 international shipping... am I missing something? Here in Canada, we spend 2-4x that for the same size item from the US.

I am seriously considering one. The lack of availability is making this purchase even more complicated... but I'm torn between FC660C, 87U 45g, or 87U 55g.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 09:46:33 »
In the spirit of geekhack, if you can swing it you might want to consider getting two of the three. A lightly used 55g 87u has a very strong resell value in the classified section, and I have no doubts that a white FC660C will as well. Of course reselling is a bit of a hassle, so it might only be worth it to go down this road if you are truly torn.
RETIRED

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 13:26:35 »

Says $18 international shipping... am I missing something? Here in Canada, we spend 2-4x that for the same size item from the US.

I am seriously considering one. The lack of availability is making this purchase even more complicated... but I'm torn between FC660C, 87U 45g, or 87U 55g.

I think Asian countries have some sort of subsidized shipping I think.
US to Canada is indeed really expensive.

Offline DTRPS

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 06:36:01 »
Still too expensive for me  :'(
Topre is love, Topre is life

Offline intelli78

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 16:33:29 »
So... anybody get one? Pics?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.