Author Topic: Colored ANSI Realforce Keycap Sets on eBay $150 shipped from Korea  (Read 8886 times)

Offline cphead

Re: Colored ANSI Realforce Keycap Sets on eBay $150 shipped from Korea
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 20:43:20 »

Offline cphead

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 20:43:36 »
Z tapatalk

Anyway I hope it drops even lower (:

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 20:45:57 »
I want blanks  :'(

Offline Vanilla

• 110% Snuggable

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 21:10:18 »
Awww no yellow.  Not that I have funds to pay for a set anyway.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 21:26:56 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REALFORCE-Key-Cap-Set-f-Realforce-87-104-Keyboard-Topre-English-Orange-Keycap-/281397500292?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4184991984

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REALFORCE-Key-Cap-Set-f-Realforce-87-104-Keyboard-Topre-English-Green-Keycap-/281397512548?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4184994964

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REALFORCE-Key-Cap-Set-For-Realforce-87-104-Keyboard-Topre-English-White-Keycap-/281397491778?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item418498f842

maybe no one wants them due to imminent release of Novatouch? :)

You forget that some here, have still a few REALFORCES in their possession and this just helped to cover 3 keyboards here with those sets.

Thanks, much appreciated because I remembered one greedy little tosser here on GH wanted to sell his for over $300USD each, just glad none of my spare cash went his way  :thumb: .

Offline Vanilla

• 110% Snuggable
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 21:31:09 »
8 actually  :)

Offline ebacho

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 22:58:59 »
If anyone's wondering these are only slightly marked up, so seems like a good buy if you're in the market for a set of these.  Here's leopold's store listing for them: http://www.leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/list.php&ca_id=20i010

Offline intelli78

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 23:13:05 »
If anyone's wondering these are only slightly marked up, so seems like a good buy if you're in the market for a set of these.  Here's leopold's store listing for them: http://www.leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/list.php&ca_id=20i010

The "new" icons

Wat!

It looks like these are back in production, then.

And look: http://www.leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/list.php&ca_id=20i0
Modifier sets for about $15 each.

Come on, EK. You can do it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 July 2014, 23:20:10 by intelli78 »
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 01:44:16 »

Fvck EK, better get it from this guy because he is actually selling it.  Plus EK's pricing will be about the same when he lumps on shipping plus insurance as well  :thumb: .

Super glad someone else other than Brian is supplying real Thorpie gear, nice one there  8) .

Offline Vanilla

• 110% Snuggable
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 02:29:43 »

The "new" icons

Wat!

It looks like these are back in production, then.

And look: http://www.leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/list.php&ca_id=20i0
Modifier sets for about $15 each.

So how would somebody from the US go about ordering stuff from here? Do they ship to the US or do I need to transship?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 02:34:04 »
Either wait for EK to stock them, find a proxy, or find an exporter on eBay. There are some colored sets up there right now for $150 shipped.

Offline cphead

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 13:52:09 »
Still waiting on blanks  :p

Offline intelli78

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 13:17:35 »
I contacted the eBay seller, and he says this is old stock. His message is not 100% explicit that they aren't in production again, but I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. Makes sense given that those 10th edition boards appeared at the same time these did.

http://i.imgur.com/Le83TDI.png
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 July 2014, 13:19:08 by intelli78 »

Offline Vanilla

• 110% Snuggable
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 14:41:45 »
You forgot to ask them about blanks!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:04:02 »
I contacted the eBay seller, and he says this is old stock. His message is not 100% explicit that they aren't in production again, but I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. Makes sense given that those 10th edition boards appeared at the same time these did.

What I suspected :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:05:39 »

What I suspected :p

Like I said they have lots of warehouses throughout South Korea, the seller got lucky in finding the last batch of items for these keyboards  8) .

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:25:36 »

Yellow is now "newly listed"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REALFORCE-Key-Cap-Set-for-Realforce-87-104-Keyboard-Topre-English-Yellow-Keycap-/281400443484?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4184c6025c

Yeah I noticed that as well, so where's Rowdy?

Remember these are rare original caps so once they're sold out there maybe no more warehouses to raid any more  ??? .
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:27:21 by Elrick »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:35:49 »

Yellow is now "newly listed"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REALFORCE-Key-Cap-Set-for-Realforce-87-104-Keyboard-Topre-English-Yellow-Keycap-/281400443484?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4184c6025c

Yeah I noticed that as well, so where's Rowdy?

Remember these are rare original caps so once they're sold out there maybe no more warehouses to raid any more  ??? .

Here!

And frantically trying to save money to buy one!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:39:12 »
Since we can't join the Clack Sale, consider yourself saving hundreds already. 4 left, my friend!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 22:56:33 »
Since we can't join the Clack Sale, consider yourself saving hundreds already. 4 left, my friend!

Saving up for other non-keyboard things at the moment, unfortunately.  $150 for an almost-fitting set of keycaps (I have HHKB, not RealForce) is way out of the budget right now :(

Besides, there might be a non-US Clack sale ...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 00:13:43 »

Oh, so you're one of them.........  ::) .   Spending hundreds for ONE single key-cap, isn't that quite a juvenile obsession you have here?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 01:05:32 »

Oh, so you're one of them.........  ::) .   Spending hundreds for ONE single key-cap, isn't that quite a juvenile obsession you have here?

Quite the opposite - this is a chance to get one keycap at retail price.

I definitely cannot afford to spend $100+ on a single keycap (and to date have not done so).

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 01:13:37 »

I definitely cannot afford to spend $100+ on a single keycap (and to date have not done so).

So it's direct from the manufacturer, my bad  :( .

Just thought you changed into a CC loony looking to spend hundreds for some ultra rare key-cap, which is quite common here on GH.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 01:19:04 »

Just thought you changed into a CC loony looking to spend hundreds for some ultra rare key-cap, which is quite common here on GH.

Nope, heh.  Of my 5 CCs, two were gifts, two were bought at retail from the man himself, and the other was purchased from classifieds at slightly above retail.

Back on topic - if there are still some yellow RealForce sets left in December, I might get myself one!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 02:58:53 »

One man's CC skull is another man's "GMK Dolch key caps that ended up costing $160 minimum" :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 05:49:28 »

One man's CC skull is another man's "GMK Dolch key caps that ended up costing $160 minimum" :P

I did not get the GMK Dolch either :(

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 21:24:40 »
Just received the 2 packaged REALFORCE Key-sets from Widebasket and sure enough they're for real  :thumb: .

Each came in their own cardboard box with one side end of the box labelled Key Top set and it's from the Topre Corporation with the famous "Made in Japan" print.

I bought the Orange Model: XF0100KT#5 and the Green Model: XF0100KT#11.  They also have on the other end of the boxes their respective anti tamper stickers labelled International Leopold.

Opened both boxes and sure enough the PBT is smooth with a super subtle texture that no Chinese manufacturer could mimic.  In fact if it is a Chinese copy their dye sub text is the best I've seen so far.

Because I have now received his key-sets all I am waiting for now is the Anniversary model keyboard to come in.  This guy you can trust 100% to deliver what you buy off him, just so glad I can now furnish all my Thorpies with authentic coloured key-sets again  :thumb: .

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 21:27:26 »
Good to hear! Now he just needs to list some blanks  :))

I'm hoping the 10th AEs are available long enough for me to scrounge together the necessary funds.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 21:40:46 »
I'm hoping the 10th AEs are available long enough for me to scrounge together the necessary funds.

I remembered asking him about 2 weeks ago about supplying us with 10th Anniversary Models and he actually told me he had some 30g models available as well.

Just begged him for the 55g only to be sold on his site but who knows in the future whether he'll supply the all 30g ones.  He's also very interested in supplying what ever people require which is a first on Ebay for me.

When my 55g Anniversary comes in I might buy another one for back up, just in case for the far future when they all disappear from the keyboard landscape.