Author Topic: Realforce Topre colored key sets appear to be back in production, plus mod kids  (Read 3723 times)

Offline intelli78

http://www.leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/list.php&ca_id=20i0

Observe the "New" icons and the fact that everything is, in fact, in stock.   :thumb: It is possible that this is just a batch of old stock added to the store, but to the best of my knowledge, the mod kits are something new, which makes me think production has in fact resumed.

Just as the Novatouch is about to be released... interesting timing...

Of course, even if production HAS indeed resumed, the only way to get this stuff will be through EK if they decide to carry it, or exporters on eBay, or pricey shopping services.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 July 2014, 23:38:00 by intelli78 »
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
That could be very good news indeed!

Yes please, if only I had the money ...

72748-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cheesedgrate

I am salivating.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
I saw a couple on eBay for way HIGH prices. But now this gives me hope that EK will get them.  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
I am salivating.

Please carefully take two steps back from your keyboard ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Good catch, intelli.

I truly hope you are right about it being new stock rather than old.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Belfong

So I have a fellow colleague who is Korean. He went back for holidays in the beginning of July and he called Leopold, who happened to be in the same city and they told him that these are out of stock. No news of having new set or anything. But if they are restocking, I'd be jumping with joy too. My dreams of blank orange and red set would come true!

Offline dante

A flock of Type Heaven owners just had a key-gasm.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
I just need them to release the grey Topre sets that EK had previously ordered.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Now put blanks back into production plskthx

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Now put blanks back into production plskthx

+1

I need some pink blanks for my HHKB ridiculously bad.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
Anyone know if it's possible or how to order from this website? I'm eyeing the lime green set..
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline intelli78

Anyone know if it's possible or how to order from this website? I'm eyeing the lime green set..

You can't order from them. But you can get them from this exporter for a minimal markup: http://www.ebay.com/itm/REALFORCE-Key-Cap-Set-f-Realforce-87-104-Keyboard-Topre-English-Green-Keycap-/281397512548?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4184994964&afsrc=1

Offline intelli78

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2c52qa/ansi_realforce_colorful_keys_now_available_on_ebay/

Look at this old post that Ripster quoted on Reddit. May explain the surge of keycaps and other products.

Offline cphead

Patiently waiting for them blanks  ^-^

Offline chiefgrillz

this is awesome

it seems strange though that they would only produce lettered caps. I really hope this doesnt signal that they arent going to make blanks anymore... i *need* a blue set!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
this is awesome

it seems strange though that they would only produce lettered caps. I really hope this doesnt signal that they arent going to make blanks anymore... i *need* a blue set!

Welcome to Geekhack!

Is seems that these might be a warehouse find, or so I read somewhere.

Offline chiefgrillz

Welcome to Geekhack!
Is seems that these might be a warehouse find, or so I read somewhere.

thanks for the welcome :)

incidentally about the mod kits, i think EK carried these a long time ago, so afaik they arent a new product

did you have any more info on whether it was a warehouse find? maybe if someone can write korean we could ask? i might ask around at work..

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
as far as i've seen on the korean forums this is indeed a warehouse find

but it's unclear even to them where the heck they came from lol
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
Reddddddddddd

Offline chiefgrillz

as far as i've seen on the korean forums this is indeed a warehouse find
but it's unclear even to them where the heck they came from lol

well they should get back in there and find some blank ones ;) have they checked behind the fridge?

if it is a warehouse find it would contradict the rumour (started by EK?) saying that a new factory was opening that would fill orders on those keycaps (e.g. http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/1lnk2l/questions_answered_about_the_hhkb_realforce_key/cc0yotz). I did actually email EK on this topic last week, and they said they had no idea what the deal was. They told me the keycaps were not being made, and therefore EK had no plans to carry them. They assumed the leopold ones were old stock.

this will be easy to answer definitively if the manufacture date is printed on the keycaps box. i've ordered a set and can check, but delivery ETA is not until the end of the month. Could be something to ask on the korean forums

Offline saturnotaku

I really want the yellow and red sets, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to spend $300. I wonder if that eBay seller would consider giving a volume discount.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
get on the leopold.co.kr page they're a lot cheaper if you get a proxy
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline saturnotaku

get on the leopold.co.kr page they're a lot cheaper if you get a proxy

Unless you find a proxy who will work for no fee and cheap shipping, it's basically a wash.

Offline chiefgrillz

hmm i dont suppose there's been any more updates about this new factory as per this thread from last year? http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47438.0