Author Topic: [eBay] White FC660C $237+ Realforce printed key cap sets $150  (Read 3161 times)

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
This stuff all popped up on eBay this morning:

White FC660C$237.50 + shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leopold-FC660C-Electrostatic-Capacitive-Switch-Keyboard-Dye-Sublimated-White-PBT-/281398041346?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item4184a15b02

Realfroce printed key caps $150 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=&_osacat=170&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xrealforce+key+cap&_nkw=realforce+key+cap&_sacat=170&_from=R40

More items related to "realforce key cap"

Items in search results:
White Rubber O-Ring 150pcs Key Cap Switch Dampeners For Cherry MX Replace Part G
^ thought this was pretty funny.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 July 2014, 10:46:06 by jwaz »

Offline salcan

Re: [eBay] White FC660C $237+ Realforce printed key cap sets $150
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 10:53:48 »
so does this mean elite is getting it soon? or not necessarily.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 10:57:04 »
so does this mean elite is getting it soon? or not necessarily.
Not necessarily. The realforce sets have been available on leopold.co.kr before without being sold at EK. Widebasket is a new-ish seller straight from Korea and we have no reason to stipulate that they have any connection with EK at all.

I do hope that blanks come again soon though....

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 02:16:22 »
Widebasket is a new-ish seller straight from Korea and we have no reason to stipulate that they have any connection with EK at all.

Widebasket is purely an Ebay seller who happens to live in Seoul hence he gets buying rights way before anyone else on this planet (as it should be)  :thumb: .

We are lucky enough to get these Leopold Manufactured goods due to him willing to ship it to us.  I hope he keeps supplying us with more goods here because I would rather pay him for the stuff than Brian, any day of the week.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 05:36:25 »
Widebasket is a new-ish seller straight from Korea and we have no reason to stipulate that they have any connection with EK at all.

Widebasket is purely an Ebay seller who happens to live in Seoul hence he gets buying rights way before anyone else on this planet (as it should be)  :thumb: .

We are lucky enough to get these Leopold Manufactured goods due to him willing to ship it to us.  I hope he keeps supplying us with more goods here because I would rather pay him for the stuff than Brian, any day of the week.

Returns under warranty might be more troublesome with an eBay seller.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 09:24:53 »
Thanks for hacking my wallet sharing, jwaz. ;) :thumb:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 19:37:51 »

Remember it's 43 days before meeting the deadline to initiate a call-back with any item bought on Ebay or didn't you know that basic fact here?  I am willing to see what the key-caps look like up close and see if he is indeed selling authentic items here.  He has already shipped my items yesterday with a tracking number, so we shall see :thumb: .

Let's see if Brian will ever offer you anything after 43 days has lapsed  ;D .
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 July 2014, 19:41:17 by Elrick »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 20:06:35 »

Remember it's 43 days before meeting the deadline to initiate a call-back with any item bought on Ebay or didn't you know that basic fact here?  I am willing to see what the key-caps look like up close and see if he is indeed selling authentic items here.  He has already shipped my items yesterday with a tracking number, so we shall see :thumb: .

Let's see if Brian will ever offer you anything after 43 days has lapsed  ;D .

"an eBay seller who happens to live in Seoul" does not inspire as much confidence as an established business like EK, who have a well-document returns policy, although they do state that there is no warranty for internationally shipped items.

Wait, what?!?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 20:36:56 »
"an eBay seller who happens to live in Seoul" does not inspire as much confidence as an established business like EK, who have a well-document returns policy, although they do state that there is no warranty for internationally shipped items.

Wait, what?!?

I've gotten most of my keyboards/key-caps from countries like Japan, Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Malaysia, Vietnam, South Africa (go figure), Russia, Bulgaria, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, UK and the US.  I've only been ripped off once by a single nasty-bastard New Yorker and Ebay refunded the full purchase.  Elsewhere no problems from buying keyboard gear because if you have that 43 day time limit, that usually settles any problems for you as a buyer.

I still trust Ebay more than actual Retailers, but if my local store sold Realforce keyboards and key-caps I would head down there to buy all my stuff.  Unfortunately no such luck.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 21:03:49 »

Wait, what?!?

I've gotten most of my keyboards/key-caps from countries like Japan, Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Malaysia, Vietnam, South Africa (go figure), Russia, Bulgaria, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, UK and the US.  I've only been ripped off once by a single nasty-bastard New Yorker and Ebay refunded the full purchase.  Elsewhere no problems from buying keyboard gear because if you have that 43 day time limit, that usually settles any problems for you as a buyer.

I still trust Ebay more than actual Retailers, but if my local store sold Realforce keyboards and key-caps I would head down there to buy all my stuff.  Unfortunately no such luck.

PCCG used to sell RealForce keyboards, although I seemto recall it was only the variable ones.  If they had a 55g uniform, I might have been tempted.  This is at least a year ago.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 22:44:43 »
PCCG used to sell RealForce keyboards, although I seemto recall it was only the variable ones.  If they had a 55g uniform, I might have been tempted.  This is at least a year ago.

Yes they did, I scalped 2 TKL's one white the other black  :thumb: .  Then they were down to their last 104 Realforce which I snapped up as well, all in all I was their best customer when it came to this Japanese beauty.

I suppose they wanted hundreds of people to buy their product but alas there is only one Elrick here in Convict Town  8) .