Author Topic: New Logitech G Mouse - Teaser  (Read 5373 times)

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
New Logitech G Mouse - Teaser
« on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 12:43:37 »
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
Re: New Logitech G Mouse - Teaser
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 12:59:30 »
Probably the g400s sucessor. If the rumors are true it's codename is "Hyperion Fury" there's a pretty lengthy discussion about going on over at OCN.  If the concept images are accurate, i'm pretty sad the sniper button that is present on the g502 is being carried over to this upcoming model, that was my biggest gripe about the g502.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 July 2014, 13:01:15 by Flyersfan1 »
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 13:39:25 »
Nice video there....but that doesn't change the fact that's it just a computer mouse. What makes this one so special?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:00:33 »
Probably the g400s sucessor. If the rumors are true it's codename is "Hyperion Fury" there's a pretty lengthy discussion about going on over at OCN.

It could be dubbed the G402 as the successor to the ancient (but decent) G400 series. 

It won't have onboard memory so it will replace the G400 when it's officially released if the price is right and the sensor rings true, then the gaming fraternity will most probably orgasm over this latest input device from Logitech  :thumb: .

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:23:08 »
Dear Logitech,

Please stop wasting your money/time on these heavy, bulky and ugly products. What you should be doing is to spend all your money/time on making the G9X successor. PLS!!!!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 04:54:48 »
It's out, it's official. Look on Logitech's page. It is argued to have a 4000 dpi sensor.. wonder which one they've used? But that shape that design! Much ugly! I do not want an alien ship on my desk, I want a mouse. Anywayz, they clearly did not go for the G502 sensor. But it also has that awful "snipe" button.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:05:22 »
a little bit disappointed, was hoping for something simpler like the G400. G400s was already a bit too gaming-styled for me :p
but I wasn't actually planning on getting it... just hoping for those of you out there who liked the G400 that there would be a 3310 sensor update for it.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:13:58 »
I wonder this will have the same sensor issues as the proteus...
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 09:27:50 »
Yeah well, the g502 15k dpi optical sensor with dedicated PCB looked promising. But once again, Logitech messed it all up. I am moving away from their mice... the last decent once IMO is the g400s (and perhaps the g602, but no experience with it). I'm really done with them. Mice feet that come off? Come on Logitech! I thought I was buying Logitech-quality, not Trust / Sweex craptasticness.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 10:01:25 »
Oh gosh. Once again the frilly "gamer-centric" designs are chosen over minimalism. I guess that stuff sells well.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 10:04:16 »
Oh gosh. Once again the frilly "gamer-centric" designs are chosen over minimalism. I guess that stuff sells well.

How many people that you know that aren't gamers go out of their way to buy a mouse that didn't come with their computer unless: a) they're buying a cheap wireless mouse for their laptop or b) they are buying a cheap replacement for the mouse that came with their computer because they're typically idiots and don't know how to either change sensitivity or wipe off the sensor?
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 10:12:34 »

How many people that you know that aren't gamers go out of their way to buy a mouse that didn't come with their computer unless: a) they're buying a cheap wireless mouse for their laptop or b) they are buying a cheap replacement for the mouse that came with their computer because they're typically idiots and don't know how to either change sensitivity or wipe off the sensor?
Well many digital designers still prefer mouse over tablet, including me. There are also loads of programmers and people who interface with computers for a living who will replace their peripherals because they either want better ergonomics or accuracy.

But that's actually besides my point. I was really talking more about this "G" series and how they have all these weird grippy sections and tron lines. Even most gaming mice are more minimal than that. I thought it was just gonna be some fad that would go away...but I guess they are doing a full fleet of these mice.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 10:40:44 »

Well many digital designers still prefer mouse over tablet, including me. There are also loads of programmers and people who interface with computers for a living who will replace their peripherals because they either want better ergonomics or accuracy.

But that's actually besides my point. I was really talking more about this "G" series and how they have all these weird grippy sections and tron lines. Even most gaming mice are more minimal than that. I thought it was just gonna be some fad that would go away...but I guess they are doing a full fleet of these mice.

This. I want a good mouse both for precision as well as ergonomics.

Offline superfalse

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 11:34:11 »
Dito. Mostly you only have the choice between ultra cheap mice with crap sensors and three buttons or those ridiculously shaped, glowing things stuffed with tons of silly features. Just look at all those neat mechanical keyboards out there (Filco, WASD, Leopold...) - why aren't there any matching mice? Of course there might be a few exceptions, such as Zowie. But these are too expensive IMHO. I spent 60€ for a Zowie AM whose scroll wheel is inferior to almost any other I ever touched. MagicMouse doesn't count, of course.

Offline missalaire

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 16:00:22 »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 16:02:50 »
Dito. Mostly you only have the choice between ultra cheap mice with crap sensors and three buttons or those ridiculously shaped, glowing things stuffed with tons of silly features. Just look at all those neat mechanical keyboards out there (Filco, WASD, Leopold...) - why aren't there any matching mice? Of course there might be a few exceptions, such as Zowie. But these are too expensive IMHO. I spent 60€ for a Zowie AM whose scroll wheel is inferior to almost any other I ever touched. MagicMouse doesn't count, of course.

Yeah, that's why I recently ordered the Mionix Avior 7000. It's the least attention seeking rodent I could that find. Back in the days, my IntelliMouse 1.1 cost me only 49.99 euro's. The Avior cost me 79.99 euro's and my G400s cost me around 59.99 euro's. And it lasted till it broke... 3 years later. Wasn't the sensor, was the left mouse button. Completely spent.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 16:14:13 »
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/30/logitech-unveils-the-g402-hyperion-fury-claims-fastest-gaming-mouse-title/

Doesn't even make sense... faster than the G502 even? Why then would I EVER buy a G502 compared to a G402?

Yeah... I don't know what's up with that. Either way, I like my Logitech G502 and haven't noticed any issues with mine even though they are apparently some issues. Got it for just under $50 so I'm happy with it for what I paid.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 16:18:07 »
Nice video there....but that doesn't change the fact that's it just a computer mouse. What makes this one so special?

Some would argue that the practical differences in mice are larger than those in keyboards  :rolleyes:

My bet would be that this implements the new Avago 3310 sensor that has been so popular in other mice like this. The G400 series has always had good optical sensors, that is kind of their thing. The 3310 has more DPI steps, a higher max DPI and addresses some other issues. In a way it is an optical sensor with the advantages of a laser sensor.

Though it seems too soon for a G400s successor. Then again, Logitech sometimes refreshes some products in its line up relatively fast.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline missalaire

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 16:19:27 »
For anyone interested, you can pre-order this mouse: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g402-hyperion-fury-fps-gaming-mouse

$5 off with code: logisave5

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 16:46:46 »
For anyone interested, you can pre-order this mouse: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g402-hyperion-fury-fps-gaming-mouse

King of bargains, great finder of great finds. I never thanked you for anything, but I bought at least two things you brought to my attention in the past.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:11:21 »

Similar trends can be seen in a lot of fields where I see a great number of friends who think the products are getting worse and companies are making weird decision. I have thought about it a fair bit but only come up with one reasonable explanation, and that is that certain user groups voice their opinions much louder than others. The professional computer users don't go about bragging about their gear, nor complain or discuss it at length as much, or as publicly at least as some of the other user groups.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:15:37 »

King of bargains, great finder of great finds. I never thanked you for anything, but I bought at least two things you brought to my attention in the past.

Ah well glad I helped you get some savings. Now that you bring it up, I'm curious how many other people there are whose wallets I've helped hack and how many things they've bought from sales I've posted...

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 04:10:11 »
My bet would be that this implements the new Avago 3310 sensor that has been so popular in other mice like this.
I would take that bet. :D

G402 uses the same sensor as the G100s (AM010).

Good sensor, only problem is the fairly low max. speed (~ 2.7 m/s), that's where the Fusion Engine comes into play.

Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 04:57:45 »
My bet would be that this implements the new Avago 3310 sensor that has been so popular in other mice like this.
I would take that bet. :D

G402 uses the same sensor as the G100s (AM010).

Good sensor, only problem is the fairly low max. speed (~ 2.7 m/s), that's where the Fusion Engine comes into play.

Like in one review, I am wondering whether they cheapskated, truly innovated, or "innovated" for marketing purposes. For myself, I want one awesome sensor that is also precise on low speed tracking. It sounds a bit... weird. Although it is interesting to see the two technologies combined (gyroscope and sensor).

Offline Baryone

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 05:04:08 »
Logitech mouse always well