Author Topic: New WIN key at Tai Hao ABS doubleshot set  (Read 6199 times)

Offline sdiearly

New WIN key at Tai Hao ABS doubleshot set
« on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:23:24 »
Hi All,

I got samples from my neighbor Tai-Hao HQ.

total 111 keys in one set now,
Contains: US-104 keys, 7x SPACE, off-center step CAPSLOCK, 1.75x SHIFT, 1.5x ALT by 2, 1.5x CTRL by2.

Here are some pics:
Extra modifier keys in case

87 keys & 17keys

Win 7 logo!

7x SPACE, the order is Tai-Hao / SP / GMK
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:42:34 by sdiearly »
My favorite 60%:  TEX-Beetle
                 80%:  KBtalKing Race
                100%: Cherry G80-3494, Zowie Celeritas

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: New WIN key at Tai Hao ABS doubleshot set
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:28:41 »
Sexy Raindrop look alike set.  We really need to get some Tai Hao Alps buys going. 

And even though Tai Hao is meh quality, if SP doesn't step up their game, Tai Hao could really put the hurt on them.

Offline awong

• ★★★★★★★★★★★★
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:29:14 »
Where do I buy?

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:30:56 »
This set looks better than the other Taihao sets.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Gamingnow

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:39:48 »
That looks fantastic in my opinion. Also, I don't believe that is the Win 8 logo  ;D

Poker II [MX Blues]

Offline sdiearly

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:42:01 »
That looks fantastic in my opinion. Also, I don't believe that is the Win 8 logo  ;D

Show Image

sorry, its win 7

Offline Gamingnow

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:43:28 »
I actually quite like the way the Win 8 logo looks, wish more manufacturers used it with new sets.
Poker II [MX Blues]

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:44:45 »
For the price, they are really quite good (speaking of the original Tai Hao GB).  The current Tai Hao GB should prove to be the same, if not better.

These look good - the different coloured modifiers I do like :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 23:18:13 »
Any chance or having a taihao valentines set? Looking forward to ot! :)

Edit: nice blue anyways! Ordered 1 set :)

Offline Kiwi_321

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 23:27:05 »
They look great against the white

Offline Gamingnow

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 23:43:19 »
Any chance or having a taihao valentines set? Looking forward to ot! :)

Edit: nice blue anyways! Ordered 1 set :)

Where did you get your set?
Poker II [MX Blues]

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 01:09:32 »
Everyone keeps dissing Tai Hao on quality... but I'm not sure exactly how they could be worse than SP.  Are they significantly thinner?  Are they the wrong size and shape?  Do they mysteriously jump off the keyboard and attack you with a shiv made out of a stabilizer insert?

Their typography is, IMO, far better.  The stock SP font looks dated, and honestly, is only appealing for "retro" sets.

SP's big deal is customization.   But if all you want is standard OEM-profile 104 sets with your preferred colour selection, TH looks like they can do the job much cheaper and just as well.

Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 01:11:40 »
Everyone keeps dissing Tai Hao on quality... but I'm not sure exactly how they could be worse than SP.  Are they significantly thinner?  Are they the wrong size and shape?  Do they mysteriously jump off the keyboard and attack you with a shiv made out of a stabilizer insert?

Their typography is, IMO, far better.  The stock SP font looks dated, and honestly, is only appealing for "retro" sets.

SP's big deal is customization.   But if all you want is standard OEM-profile 104 sets with your preferred colour selection, TH looks like they can do the job much cheaper and just as well.

Thinner and flimsier, texture is worse, etc.  It's not terrible quality by any means and is quite good for the cost.  It's just not as good as SP.  There's a reason I said SP needs to step up their game.

And I disagree on typography.  SP has its areas where the typography is better and Tai Hao has some areas where the typography is nice.  Neither is perfect....outside of the Cherry replica legends at SP.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 01:55:43 »
Tai Hao has doubleshot blanks :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sdiearly

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 22:31:01 »

Yes, I should suggest them add blank R1 keys about 3~4 pcs in a set.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 22:42:21 »

Yes, I should suggest them add blank R1 keys about 3~4 pcs in a set.

Yeah, no, they have DOUBLESHOT blanks.

Blank keys made from two different coloured plastics - one for the legend and one for the rest of the keycap!

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 23:06:25 »

Thinner and flimsier, texture is worse, etc.  It's not terrible quality by any means and is quite good for the cost.  It's just not as good as SP.  There's a reason I said SP needs to step up their game.

And I disagree on typography.  SP has its areas where the typography is better and Tai Hao has some areas where the typography is nice.  Neither is perfect....outside of the Cherry replica legends at SP.

Never tried an SP spacebar before, but the TaiHao spacebar I have currently is really tight, and when I try to pull it off, it actually flexes and bends a good amount, making me kind of scared I will break it (doesn't flex if you pull carefully and slowly, only if you pull with a lot of force).

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 00:04:30 »
They look great against the white
+1