Author Topic: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.  (Read 255541 times)

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
Re: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - LIVE ON PMK NOW!
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:52:29 »
Possible to have an alphas kit, sam? I'd like them for my edox but 60 for the whole 'useless' caps is kinda :'(

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 14:23:04 »
dat moneyloss....

Consider it an investment for the future of your Keyboard(s)  8) .

hehe, lets call it that..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 15:04:35 »
That wouldn't happen to include an orange ISO activate, would it? ;D

No, it would not.

Adding (if there is interest:

Green blank stepped 1.75x keycap at $0.85 each (flat rate).

Orange blank 1x keycap at $0.35 each (flat rate).

Orange blank 2x keycap:
25 pcs   $2.50 each
50 pcs   $1.50 each
75 pcs   $1.25 each
100 pcs   $1.00 each
200 pcs   $0.75 each

Also, no one wanted the numpad, but there were some people who said they wanted to make full-size numeric top rows.  If that is true, we could drop the Keypad Kit and add the following 15-keycap Numbers Kit for $6.00 (flat rate):

(Attachment Link)
Nuclear Data Numbers Kit

Is anyone interested in the new Numbers Kit for six bucks and/or any of the new blanks?

Please reply so I know if I should bother adding them to the group buy.

Thanks!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Still no orange Geekhack key? ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 15:33:10 »
Orange blanks! Yes, please.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #154 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 17:18:27 »
Orange blanks! Yes, please.

I'd like orange blanks too :)

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 19:46:53 »
Purchased 2x sets, plus enough of the other (20, 16, 9 & 6 key) sets and blanks to hurt my wallet.
Great idea having various blanks available, as I picked up a few extra 2.25x for the FC660M right shift.

Thanks samwise and matt3o, nice job.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 20:41:54 »
I would buy orange blanks.  Shouldn't have any trouble meeting some sort of MOQ with those.  ;)

Offline nomaded

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 00:24:42 »
I would love to see both 1x and 2x orange blanks for my ErgoDox. It sounds like the 1x will easily make MOQ, but maybe not the 2x.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #158 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 04:52:16 »
Current status

none tipped yet, but there's plenty of time

Offline maladroid

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 00:48:33 »
On another thread it was stated that "the core concept of the set is to remain faithful to the original Nuclear Data legends."  So why isn't the Enter key labeled "RETURN"?  Also, it seems to me Backspace should be "RUB OUT" and Pause/Break should be "BRK".  Apart from these nitpicks, this set looks amazing.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 02:06:40 »
On another thread it was stated that "the core concept of the set is to remain faithful to the original Nuclear Data legends."  So why isn't the Enter key labeled "RETURN"?  Also, it seems to me Backspace should be "RUB OUT" and Pause/Break should be "BRK".  Apart from these nitpicks, this set looks amazing.

I kinda agree with the guy...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 02:38:42 »

Then why isn't someone changing it......?  Keep as close to the original concept of this key-set, that is why we're all here buying into it.

Offline RED-404

« Reply #162 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 03:05:47 »

Then why isn't someone changing it......?  Keep as close to the original concept of this key-set, that is why we're all here buying into it.

+1 Change it if you can.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 05:54:57 »
SP won't let us I believe

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 09:51:33 »
Wait, what?

There has been a slip between the cup and the lip.  I changed "RUB OUT" to "ERASE", so that was a design decision.   However, the final mock-up from the [IC] thread showed "RETURN", so that is what the legend shall be.

Here is the [IC] mock-up:

Third+ pass of Nuclear Data keycap set.

SP certainly saw that image.  Unfortunately the final SVG sent to them had the more modern "ENTER", probably due to a template re-use error.

So we will definitely have that fixed.  "RETURN" shall be restored.

I don't care about "BRK" versus "STOP".  They both seem fine to me, and the IC had "STOP" in (IIRC) all markups.  I think that is fine as is, unless someone cares about that key greatly.  All FORTRAN coders, please report in!

TL;DR The "RETURN" key legend will be restored.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #165 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 14:25:28 »
Awww yisss, ordered ISO, specials and standard set :)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline maladroid

« Reply #166 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 17:11:15 »
The "RETURN" key legend will be restored.

That's good to hear.  I notice that at some point since the above mock-up was created, the I and J keys acquired serifs.  I assume that is just an artifact of how the graphic was created and not a reflection of how the keys will look?
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 August 2014, 00:55:46 by maladroid »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #167 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 22:25:36 »
Wait, what?

There has been a slip between the cup and the lip.  I changed "RUB OUT" to "ERASE", so that was a design decision.   However, the final mock-up from the [IC] thread showed "RETURN", so that is what the legend shall be.

Here is the [IC] mock-up:

Show Image

Third+ pass of Nuclear Data keycap set.

SP certainly saw that image.  Unfortunately the final SVG sent to them had the more modern "ENTER", probably due to a template re-use error.

So we will definitely have that fixed.  "RETURN" shall be restored.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Your very first design for this Key-set was what got me so interested in your Group Buy here.  It has the OLD world charm from an era that meant absolute destruction, pity it never happened at all.......... :'(

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 15:35:10 »
I notice that at some point since the above mock-up was created, the I and J keys acquired serifs.  I assume that is just an artifact of how the graphic was created and not a reflection of how the keys will look?

Hmm, so it is. He originally pointed out that the Dvorak/Colemak kit has a sans-serif J while the base set is serif, I'm not sure why he removed that, because it's true. The Is in all of the modifiers are also sans-serif, so they're probably all supposed to be sans-serif?
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 17:50:13 »
I notice that at some point since the above mock-up was created, the I and J keys acquired serifs.  I assume that is just an artifact of how the graphic was created and not a reflection of how the keys will look?

Hmm, so it is. He originally pointed out that the Dvorak/Colemak kit has a sans-serif J while the base set is serif, I'm not sure why he removed that, because it's true. The Is in all of the modifiers are also sans-serif, so they're probably all supposed to be sans-serif?

Artifact.  I had to use that font to get the slashed zero.  I didn't notice the J until later, and fixed it when I made another correction to the Colemak Kit.  I'll fix it for the Base Kit when I repair the RETURN legend.

Your very first design for this Key-set was what got me so interested in your Group Buy here.  It has the OLD world charm from an era that meant absolute destruction, pity it never happened at all.......... :'(

Tell me more.  I didn't drop the "rub out" because it seemed cold-blooded, but because unless you were a draftsman, you wouldn't know about rubbing-out.  Or unless you were old like me -- and apparently you. :)

Seriously, I'm open to corrections, just not so much gamey affectations.  So since (as I noted before) you have been a supporter of this set from the very start, which legends do you see as missing from the Old-Skool charm of the set?

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  Looking at the original, I see that it has an 8x spacebar.  That is a terrible length for anything but a full-custom plate, so I didn't ask for it.  If I added it, would anyone buy it?  25 anyones?
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 August 2014, 17:51:47 by samwisekoi »
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #170 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 19:57:10 »
Seriously, I'm open to corrections, just not so much gamey affectations.  So since (as I noted before) you have been a supporter of this set from the very start, which legends do you see as missing from the Old-Skool charm of the set?

- Ron | samwisekoi

Here's some words to work into keys on this key-set here;

COMPLETE, RESET, REPEAT, TERMINAL, RUB OUT, BREAK, ABORT and my fave - OVER STRIKE  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 August 2014, 20:00:23 by Elrick »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 12:01:27 »
IMPORTANT QUESTION

30 people have purchased Base Kits and 6 people have purchased ISO Kits with the Enter key labeled "ENTER".

Will you all be fine with Base and ISO Enter keycaps being re-legended as "RETURN" to match the mock-up in the [IC] thread?

Please voice your opinions.  A plurality will carry.

TL;DR Is the legend "RETURN" okay with existing Base and ISO buyers?

Thanks!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline xavierblak

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 12:58:48 »

Yup.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 12:59:08 »
totally ok for me

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 13:17:57 »
Yes, I would prefer "Return".

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 13:19:25 »
I ordered both Base and ISO kits, and I prefer the change back to 'Return'.   :thumb:

Offline RED-404

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 13:55:38 »
I welcome the return of "RETURN".

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 15:01:25 »
Yes, I want RETURN!
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 15:03:57 »
I return to this thread to say that the return of the "RETURN" legend to the return key returns me to a state of happiness :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Data

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 15:14:09 »
I'm not in for an ISO kit, but I'm totally down for "Return" over "Enter".

No sign of orange blanks yet, Sam?  Or were you just teasing us with that one?  ;D

Offline GSimon

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 15:50:20 »

COMPLETE, RESET, REPEAT, TERMINAL, RUB OUT, BREAK, ABORT and my fave - OVER STRIKE  :thumb: .

+1

Seems odd to favor some words over others, aka Erase over Rub Out, why not just revert to Backspace/Delete if your concern is clarity over authenticity?

I don't care about "BRK" versus "STOP".  They both seem fine to me,

See it's those little details that seem minute to you that make all the difference.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 August 2014, 15:52:07 by GSimon »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 19:02:03 »

No sign of orange blanks yet, Sam?  Or were you just teasing us with that one?  ;D

Thanks to all who replied re the return of RETURN.  I shall make the change.  (Actually, the clever among you will have spotted both RETURN and a better J in my latest post in the GH-36 thread.)

Orange blanks will come.  I need to revise all the images for RETURN and fix the J.

+1

Seems odd to favor some words over others, aka Erase over Rub Out, why not just revert to Backspace/Delete if your concern is clarity over authenticity?

I don't care about "BRK" versus "STOP".  They both seem fine to me,

See it's those little details that seem minute to you that make all the difference.

Hmmm.  We've been discussing this set for what, two years?  And all of these topics were covered and re-covered in the [IC] thread.

See here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55640.msg1253416#msg1253416

And here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55640.msg1254208#msg1254208

And here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55640.msg1403099#msg1403099

And here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55640.msg1410100#msg1410100

And finally here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55640.msg1410136#msg1410136

So I think we can call this set pretty well vetted.  And while *I* don't "care" (meaning don't have strong feelings either way and could do either) some of the people who have already bought the sets as shown might, so changing things now that we are actually in the GB phase is something to be done carefully.  And I clearly do care enough to have kept this idea alive for a very long time, and actually brought it to the table as a real-live Group Buy.

So for now, we will add the orange blanks, fix the J and RETURN legends, shrink the Numbers Kit, and I think that is all.  And we haven't pushed any of those things because we wanted to make sure no existing buyers would object to the return of RETURN, and then make the changes all together.

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  I find it odd that no one has mentioned that I never said what we were going to do about a sculpted set.  Just left that one totally hanging.  Nobody noticed a hint by omission.  Huh.  Have another...

Ron-
We don't have tooling for R4 1.25 in Semi-Matte - while this is something we plan to add to our tooling library, we don't have time to complete it in the near future (probably a couple months out before this is available)...

Just so no one guesses completely wrong, the only time to get the Nuclear Data Green SA alphas (Base Kit) is NOW.

:cool:

Click the link below and buy those Base Kits so we tip and start the price tumbling!

Offline nomaded

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 20:48:46 »
I thought someone mentioned that both the 'I' and 'J' in the base set have serifs, but the original inspiration keyboard were san-serifed for both keys.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 22:02:12 »
He's got that fixed now, it sounds like. Thanks Ron!

Sculpted are part of some other buy, right?

That would mean you can't have sculpted keys and number keys with symbols, right?

Right.  Not that anything is decided about additional row profiles anyhow.

It is certain they won't be in the initial GB. Later?  I can't say yes, but I am not saying no.

Inscrutably yours,

- Ron | samwisekoi
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 22:03:13 »
IMPORTANT QUESTION

30 people have purchased Base Kits and 6 people have purchased ISO Kits with the Enter key labeled "ENTER".

Will you all be fine with Base and ISO Enter keycaps being re-legended as "RETURN" to match the mock-up in the [IC] thread?

Thanks!

- Ron | samwisekoi

I'm perfectly happy with the "RETURN" key change.  Any changes with the keys are fine because I trust your skill in trying to keep this key-set design authentic to the original specs.

Keep it going Ron, we need this baby to finally happen  :thumb: .

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #185 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 02:56:36 »

p.s.  I find it odd that no one has mentioned that I never said what we were going to do about a sculpted set.  Just left that one totally hanging.  Nobody noticed a hint by omission.  Huh.  Have another...

Ron-
We don't have tooling for R4 1.25 in Semi-Matte - while this is something we plan to add to our tooling library, we don't have time to complete it in the near future (probably a couple months out before this is available)...

Just so no one guesses completely wrong, the only time to get the Nuclear Data Green SA alphas (Base Kit) is NOW.

Click the link below and buy those Base Kits so we tip and start the price tumbling!

I recall you were still getting confirmation about the capabilities for sculpted... So I made the assumption you would either add the sculpted kits later or do a separate GB for them. I'm okay with either option so I kept my trap shut.

Happy to get the R3 base set now and HOPING to be able to get the sculpted kit later. IIRC, Matt3o made mention that the Midnight or Retro SA set would possibly be the first to get full sculpted kit?

Anyway, great to know SP will be able to make semi-matte R4 1.25x caps at some point, although I would be happy with matte, too. I think a bigger problem would be the lack of 2x R1 for backspace and R4 shifts (assuming full sculpted: R3, R1, R2, R3, R4, R3).

Quote from the Midnight IC thread:

I'd like to support:

3-1-2-3-4-3

3-1-2-3-3-4

1-2-3-3-3-3

That should be possible, starting from a base kit of 3-3-3-3-3-3... but I have to make some mock-ups.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=52684.msg1425743#msg1425743
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Data

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 08:01:33 »

Thanks to all who replied re the return of RETURN.  I shall make the change.  (Actually, the clever among you will have spotted both RETURN and a better J in my latest post in the GH-36 thread.)

Orange blanks will come.  I need to revise all the images for RETURN and fix the J.

Huzzah!  :D

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 08:22:03 »

Ron-

I honestly can't decide if it's worth it to me to buy a complete set of these in uniform profile in order to cover the possibility that later on down the road, a sculpted add-on pack might or might not be available. That's quite a lot of keycaps to purchase, that will just be wasted if I only want to use a sculpted profile.

Decisions.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 08:27:51 »

Ron-

I honestly can't decide if it's worth it to me to buy a complete set of these in uniform profile in order to cover the possibility that later on down the road, a sculpted add-on pack might or might not be available. That's quite a lot of keycaps to purchase, that will just be wasted if I only want to use a sculpted profile.

Decisions.

You can always stick them on one of your spare boards and use it as wall art in the future corporate offices of carpe keyboards ;) :D

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #189 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 08:39:10 »
All changes have been submitted to PMK.  Unfortunately this seems to have had the temporary effect of hiding the group buy from the public site.

It is 06:35 in California and Washington right now, so I assume this will get pushed back out to the public site during the business day in this time zone.

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  JD - a JD40 would look great with all SA Row 3 keycaps.

Offline Data

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 09:55:30 »
All changes have been submitted to PMK.  Unfortunately this seems to have had the temporary effect of hiding the group buy from the public site.

It is 06:35 in California and Washington right now, so I assume this will get pushed back out to the public site during the business day in this time zone.

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  JD - a JD40 would look great with all SA Row 3 keycaps.

SP must have to "approve" the changes from the web site backend.  That's a pretty strange way for them to do it, but I guess it gets the job done.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:08:23 »
The set is back up.  I think the issue was that I made a change to the parent, so it went into a "pending approval" state.

I see that when I switched the J on the base kit, I did not properly vertically align it.  Unless there is some other reason to change that image, I am not taking the group buy down to fix that error.

TL; DR The RETURN legend and J  serif are fixed.  I know about the vertical alignment of the J.  That is an image error.  Deal with it.

Cheers!

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  Thanks, Elrick.  I appreciated the words of encouragement last night.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 14:01:36 »
Any chance to make the set fully compatible to jd40? I know its already very late.... But maybe...

Offline kalrand

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 14:12:44 »
Any chance to make the set fully compatible to jd40? I know its already very late.... But maybe...

I'm probably going to get some blank keys to do just that.
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 17:48:22 »

Ron-

Decisions.

I liked when jd would just buy everything regardless of intent to use it.   :)

Offline maladroid

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 18:30:19 »
I see that when I switched the J on the base kit, I did not properly vertically align it.  Unless there is some other reason to change that image, I am not taking the group buy down to fix that error.

Just so long as Signature Plastics doesn't think it is intentional and dutifully replicate the raised letter when they make the keys.

I want to make sure I'm clear on one thing:  Will all the legends (other than the nuclear symbol and arrows) be in SP's standard Gorton Modified font?

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 23:40:06 »
IMPORTANT QUESTION

Thanks!

- Ron | samwisekoi

I'm down for 2 sets and I prefer the RETURN - more retro is better!

PS: hi, all
"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 23:41:11 »
I'm down for 2 sets and I prefer the RETURN - more retro is better!

PS: hi, all

Welcome to Geekhack!

First post committing to spend money ... I like that :))

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 01:18:25 »
I dont mind what the enter/return key is labeled as.

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 01:56:21 »
I think Return works better since this is supposed to be an old-school keyset which has some uncommon labels.