Author Topic: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.  (Read 257198 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 19:11:53 »
48 Purchased      |  2 More to Tip

It's nearly there, once it tips these brilliant Green Goodies get made and you'll soon get all these SA sets at rock bottom prices (cheapest one thus far).

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 19:13:31 »
Me too.  Base kits are so cheap that it made sense to buy a spare for things like 40% keyboards or a numpad or a GH36 matrix keypad or two.  Hmmm.  I may need to pick up another base kit.
And so should all of you!  :D
 - Ron | samwisekoi

I've already committed to ~US$257 worth of this GB, including 2x base sets - I figure I've done my bit!
 :thumb:
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #302 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 19:34:29 »
I'm sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, but does anyone have the sizings of all the keycaps? I'm trying to see if I would be able to put these on the Smallfry/JD40 keyboard, while keeping the profile intact.

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #303 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 20:32:28 »
Sizings? I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but all of the keys are of the same profile(Row 3), so you can put the keys anywhere you want on the board and they will match each other in height
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #304 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 20:42:58 »
I've already committed to ~US$257 worth of this GB, including 2x base sets - I figure I've done my bit!

You've got to put in at least $630AUD into this Group Buy because it will show your true love for this key-set  ;D .

Offline Data

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 21:54:24 »

You've got to put in at least $630AUD into this Group Buy because it will show your true love for this key-set  ;D .
Can I bum a few seeds off your money tree?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #306 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 01:28:07 »
I'm sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, but does anyone have the sizings of all the keycaps? I'm trying to see if I would be able to put these on the Smallfry/JD40 keyboard, while keeping the profile intact.

There isn't a specific JD40 kit with correct legends, but you can definitely put these on a JD40. You may need to buy some of the extra blank keys in different sizes to fill out the board, but it's doable.

You need 5 1.25x keys (Tab, Ctrl, Shift, ".", "/"), 2 1.75x (Shift, Enter), and the rest are standard 1x sizes. Spacebar is standard 6.25x size.

The specialty kit has the correct 1.75x Shift and Enter keys and there are enough 1.25x and 1x size keys on the main set to cover the board, but with a few incorrect legends. So a base set + specialty kit will do it.

You can get a few blanks for these keys instead if the incorrect legends bother you.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #307 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 09:22:15 »

There isn't a specific JD40 kit with correct legends, but you can definitely put these on a JD40. You may need to buy some of the extra blank keys in different sizes to fill out the board, but it's doable.

You need 5 1.25x keys (Tab, Ctrl, Shift, ".", "/"), 2 1.75x (Shift, Enter), and the rest are standard 1x sizes. Spacebar is standard 6.25x size.

The specialty kit has the correct 1.75x Shift and Enter keys and there are enough 1.25x and 1x size keys on the main set to cover the board, but with a few incorrect legends. So a base set + specialty kit will do it.

You can get a few blanks for these keys instead if the incorrect legends bother you.

Thanks for the info, but where would I get them blank?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #308 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 11:00:07 »

Thanks for the info, but where would I get them blank?

Just scroll down below the kits and you will find all the blanks.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #309 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 11:35:25 »
Hmm,for some reason, I couldn't find those on mobile. I'll order when I'm at my desktop

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #310 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 11:39:29 »
almost there

also I believe this goes pretty well with it.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #311 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:09:26 »
Before I consider getting this, I wanna know:

1. How does typing on all SA keycaps feel? does it feel a bit awkward as opposed to DSA? Do you type slower or faster?
2. Is this layout compatible with CM Quickfire layout, with 6.25 space?

thanks

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #312 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:25:35 »

1. How does typing on all SA keycaps feel? does it feel a bit awkward as opposed to DSA? Do you type slower or faster?

thanks

Feel: SA is thicker than DSA and taller. If you've ever typed on an old computer, say a Commodore 64, it'll feel like that. This is completely subjective, so regardless of my experience, you'd need to try them to see if they're right for you. Some people love them, some people hate them. For the price, I think this is a great set to try and if you don't like them, I'm sure you'll be able to sell them in the classifieds.

CM Quickfire: Yes, the standard kit will give you everything you need for that board.

Hope that helps!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #313 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:30:13 »
I need that winkeyless kit :(

Offline kalrand

« Reply #314 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:41:57 »
I need that winkeyless kit :(

This is the keyset I want to put on my ISO, winkeyless, 126 key battleship, but I need so many child buys to tip that it's quite frustrating.

My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #315 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 13:50:15 »
Well, I think I just tipped the parent deal.

I thought long and hard about that WKL kit ... but I decided to wimp out and just buy the spacebar, with enough 1.5 blanks probably to be put on my ergodox. I'd love to buy more, like the specialty key set, but I'm going to be in enough trouble with the missus as it is with what I just agreed to buy!

Good luck folks, on the child deals ... there's more than a week left.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline kalrand

« Reply #316 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 13:55:01 »
Well, I think I just tipped the parent deal.

I thought long and hard about that WKL kit ... but I decided to wimp out and just buy the spacebar, with enough 1.5 blanks probably to be put on my ergodox. I'd love to buy more, like the specialty key set, but I'm going to be in enough trouble with the missus as it is with what I just agreed to buy!

Good luck folks, on the child deals ... there's more than a week left.

If anything, these child deals on a keyset like this highlight another problem with pimpmykeyboard vs. the old laborious way of doing group buys.

I with there was a way to say "buy the child deal, and if it doesn't tip at the end, I'll just take blanks". But that's not an option, and with the blanks and spacebars for sale, I think more than a few people would rather do the safe option rather than not getting a winkeyless set.
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline Data

« Reply #317 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 14:00:10 »
The GB organizer has an option with PMK to request that if the parent tips, all child deals automatically tip.  This was done with Midnight DCS.  I don't speak for samwisekoi or Nuclear Data, but I imagine the option is there if we need it.  Maybe he could speak to this possibility for us...

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #318 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 14:14:31 »
almost there

Show Image

also I believe this goes pretty well with it.

Great! Ordered 5 of those to help try to reach MOQ. I'd love one on my 60% alongside these caps!
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline neotrinity

« Reply #319 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 14:22:09 »
TIPPED !!!!!!!!      :thumb:

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #320 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 14:25:58 »
Base set tipped! C'mon ISO!
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #321 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 15:01:30 »

thanks

Feel: SA is thicker than DSA and taller. If you've ever typed on an old computer, say a Commodore 64, it'll feel like that. This is completely subjective, so regardless of my experience, you'd need to try them to see if they're right for you. Some people love them, some people hate them. For the price, I think this is a great set to try and if you don't like them, I'm sure you'll be able to sell them in the classifieds.

CM Quickfire: Yes, the standard kit will give you everything you need for that board.

Hope that helps!

Based on this feel, and based on my experience of old terminals and the like with similar keys, I say that these would feel heavier, and probably suit stiffer springs, like MX blacks and greens, as well as heavier typists.  I could be wrong.  I hope not :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #322 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 15:25:13 »

thanks

Hope that helps!

Based on this feel, and based on my experience of old terminals and the like with similar keys, I say that these would feel heavier, and probably suit stiffer springs, like MX blacks and greens, as well as heavier typists.  I could be wrong.  I hope not :D

Im a smasher, i have a set of SA, tried them with blues,clears and blacks. Best fit tbh was blues. So greens will probably also be a good alternative, Thats what im going for with da Nuclear set!! :)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #323 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 15:25:38 »
The GB organizer has an option with PMK to request that if the parent tips, all child deals automatically tip.  This was done with Midnight DCS.  I don't speak for samwisekoi or Nuclear Data, but I imagine the option is there if we need it.  Maybe he could speak to this possibility for us...

I will investigate this.  It certainly was done for Retro DSA and should be done this time as well.

Pricing may be an issue, especially for some of the unique sizes.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #324 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 16:47:43 »

there's no rules about that. it's on a case by case basis. Midnight ISO didn't tip for example. Some of the kits have zero purchases or just a couple. I doubt they will tip anyway if they don't get more love.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #325 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 17:09:05 »
So, if everyone who bought a number of 2x OAS (orange) blanks were to double their order ... they wouldn't pay any more. Cost for the job is the same at the 50# tier as for the 30# tiers ... $75 for that segment whether more, or fewer.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #326 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 17:10:54 »
Sorry for the delay, ordered at last!

Elrick will be happy ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #327 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 17:19:53 »
GROUP BUY UPDATE

Nuclear Data Green has tipped!

In celebration we have added two new low-cost kits, and are taking steps to ensure all the child kits tip as well.

New Kits:

4-key Edit Kit for $2

That is correct.  Two bucks for a custom set of Undo, Cut, Copy, and Paste keycaps in glorious White on Green SA Row 3.  How could you not want these?

Nuclear Data Green Edit Kit

12-key Macro Kit for $6

Also very cool for gamers, custom keyboards, keypads, programmable keyboards, Cherry or GH-122 battleships, or even a second top row.  Sadly the legends for F13-F24 did not match F1-F12, so this kit uses M1-M12.

Nuclear Data Green Macro Kit

Certain to Tip:

Almost all of the blanks, most of the kits, and even the Dvorak/Colemak Kit will tip with the parent.  For cost reasons, there are a few kits and a couple of blanks that need help to tip.

Need Help to Tip:

Three kits need more orders to tip:

#1 ISO Kit - This kit needs just another two orders to tip.  I'll buy one just for the big Return key.  Who is with me?

#2 Specialty Kit - This kit needs another five orders  to tip.  This is the kit with all of those odd sizes you don't know you need yet, but will when you go to install the Base Kit on a new custom board.  Get a Specialty Kit just in case!

#3 Winkeyless Kit - Amazingly, this kit needs another twelve orders to tip!  I do not understand.  If ever there was a keycap set for a Winkeyless build, this is the one!  I am going to go get another kit just because, but I can't cover a dozen.  Let's go folks!

TL;DR The Base Kit has tipped.  There are two new inexpensive kits, and Specialty and Winkeyless Kits need more love!

FYI,

- Ron | samwisekoi

« Last Edit: Tue, 02 September 2014, 17:23:22 by samwisekoi »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #328 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 19:36:57 »

You are not wrong here rowdy, this key-set is for all the Rock-apes out there, that smash their keyboards when they type.  This set isn't for the limp-wristed, nancy boys that are only happy in using 30g or less key-switches.

After all this is based upon the Nuclear Data Keyboards and they were indeed for heavy typists  :thumb: .

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #329 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 22:56:20 »

You are not wrong here rowdy, this key-set is for all the Rock-apes out there, that smash their keyboards when they type.  This set isn't for the limp-wristed, nancy boys that are only happy in using 30g or less key-switches.

After all this is based upon the Nuclear Data Keyboards and they were indeed for heavy typists  :thumb: .

I meant I hoped I was not wrong i.e. that these keycaps would go best on switches with stiffer springs.  Mainly because I am a heavy typist, even on those switches.  And the thunk of pressing an MX switch with a heavy, green keycap on it seems oddly attractice ...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #330 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 23:48:32 »
And the thunk of pressing an MX switch with a heavy, green keycap on it seems oddly attractice ...

It shall ALWAYS be utterly attractive, no matter what  :thumb: .

Offline pasph

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 09:59:19 »
Ordered
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline street_jackal

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 11:54:44 »
Does anyone know if the SP 4.5x SA spacebar aligns with the switches/stabilizers on the Pure Pro? I think this http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/649369d22d5e894a8dfe1b30109db39b would look pretty nice, kind of a unintentional TMNT vibe, but it's about the only chance I've seen to get a coordinated-looking set on this keyboard.

Also first post, hello world.  ;D

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #333 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 13:10:07 »

Just across the river from me!

And has been pointed out for other users, your first post being about spending money; welcome to wallethack, my friend. Sorry no idea about the pure-pro. I really love the layout but have never seen one in person.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #334 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 15:17:11 »
Does anyone know if the SP 4.5x SA spacebar aligns with the switches/stabilizers on the Pure Pro? I think this http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/649369d22d5e894a8dfe1b30109db39b would look pretty nice, kind of a unintentional TMNT vibe, but it's about the only chance I've seen to get a coordinated-looking set on this keyboard.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Although ... that question is a little off topic in this thread.  If you don't get a response, try posting again in the keyboard key caps section, or even posting a quick question in the simple questions, simple answers thread.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #335 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 18:31:40 »
I had to order the new kits.  :)  For 8 bucks you really can't go wrong.

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
Re: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - LIVE ON PMK NOW!
« Reply #336 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 19:58:08 »
IMPORTANT QUESTION

Is anyone interested in the following optional keycap sets?

1. White on Green M1-M12 for approximately $6/set at MOQ=25 sets?

2, Green Relegendable (includes opaque bottoms and a clear tops) set of 12 bottoms and 12 tops for $12/set at MOQ=25 sets?

3. Four-key White on Green "UNDO", "CUT", "COPY", and "PASTE" set for approximately $2/set at MOQ=25 sets?

Of some combination of the above.

Thanks very much for any and all replies!

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  Still working on the JD40 kit possibility.

1 and 3 for sure.

EDIT : Ha, ordered!
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 September 2014, 20:01:46 by 0100010 »
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #337 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 20:06:58 »
I sure hope Winkeyless and Specialty Kit gets through the tipping point because having those two guarantees a 99.5% fitment to nearly every type of Cherry based keyboard that was ever made.

Always buy these two if offered because in the future you never know what you'll purchase because if a rare Cherry board presents itself and you've neglected to get these extras for the Nuclear's then you've got no one to blame for your laziness than yourself.

Just like a good boyscout always make sure you come prepared for what ever you may acquire, in the world of Keyboards  8) .
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 September 2014, 20:08:40 by Elrick »

Offline RED-404

« Reply #338 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 20:41:45 »
I sure hope Winkeyless and Specialty Kit gets through the tipping point because having those two guarantees a 99.5% fitment to nearly every type of Cherry based keyboard that was ever made.
I have that 0.5% :'(

Granted, not looking for new caps for it either.

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #339 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 08:06:26 »

Always buy these two if offered because in the future you never know what you'll purchase because if a rare Cherry board presents itself and you've neglected to get these extras for the Nuclear's then you've got no one to blame for your laziness than yourself.

Just like a good boyscout always make sure you come prepared for what ever you may acquire, in the world of Keyboards  8) .

Whoa - didn't even notice these were not tipped and I have both in my cart.  Yes - please order these even if you're not sure you need them right away (I do have plans for them).
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline nomaded

« Reply #340 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 18:28:59 »
Odd. Trying to pick up the Macro kit and the Edit kit, but when I check out, I'm being sent back to the shopping cart page. I'm not being sent to PayPal to pay for these 2 sets. I wonder if it's because I already made an order from this set.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #341 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 18:43:13 »
Odd. Trying to pick up the Macro kit and the Edit kit, but when I check out, I'm being sent back to the shopping cart page. I'm not being sent to PayPal to pay for these 2 sets. I wonder if it's because I already made an order from this set.

No; that should not be the case.  Try closing the browser, etc.  Sounds like a session or cookie problem to me.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #342 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 19:59:26 »
IMPORTANT QUESTION

Is anyone interested in the following optional keycap sets?

1. White on Green M1-M12 for approximately $6/set at MOQ=25 sets?

2, Green Relegendable (includes opaque bottoms and a clear tops) set of 12 bottoms and 12 tops for $12/set at MOQ=25 sets?

3. Four-key White on Green "UNDO", "CUT", "COPY", and "PASTE" set for approximately $2/set at MOQ=25 sets?

Of some combination of the above.

Thanks very much for any and all replies!

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  Still working on the JD40 kit possibility.

Is there any more news on the JD40 kit?

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
« Reply #343 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 02:28:36 »

Double-check your State fields (2 of em)... it always sets mine back to Alaska (first in its dropdown list)...
"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.

Offline chrisq

« Reply #344 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 06:33:19 »
Ok, seems like speciality kit will tip, so I added an order for winkeyless to help the effort.
It might be useful for my future ergodox...

Please help tip winkeyless!  :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #345 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 07:05:52 »
Ok, seems like speciality kit will tip, so I added an order for winkeyless to help the effort.
It might be useful for my future ergodox...

Please help tip winkeyless!  :thumb:

We need more dudes like this that is planning for the future.  Hence getting a TKLess Kit is Mandatory for all TRUE Geekhackers  8) .

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #346 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 09:11:16 »
Is there any more news on the JD40 kit?

I could not work out the specific legends every JD40 user would want.  So, sorry, no dedicated JD40 kit.

What you could do is buy blanks to fill the mods/odd positions:

5   1.00x   0.25   1.25
5   1.25x   0.50   2.50
2   1.75x   0.85   1.70

TOTAL: 5.45

So for $5.45 you end up with blanks for all odd positions and the base kit will provide everything else.

Just my vote.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline nomaded

« Reply #347 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 17:14:38 »

Double-check your State fields (2 of em)... it always sets mine back to Alaska (first in its dropdown list)...

Ah ha! That was it! Sadly, the state field isn't marked as necessary, even.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline RED-404

« Reply #348 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 17:59:44 »
I have almost all the kits and 2 sets of orange blanks and I still don't have a keyboard I want to put them on.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #349 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 19:37:24 »
I just bought the 25th Specialty Kit to tip it.  Looks like SP tipped ISO themselves, so all that is left is Winkeyless.

And Winkeyless is the way to roll with these keycaps!

- Ron | samwisekoi