Author Topic: Duck Viper and Eagle Group Buy  (Read 995659 times)

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: Duck Viper and Eagle Group Buy
« Reply #900 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:40:31 »
Damn that super fast shipping Elton. I go mine today  :thumb:

I received both my Viper and Eagle orders and I have just opened the package. They were all packed very well and safely. I have not seen any imperfections on the Anodized aluminum cases though I still haven't opened the rest of the shipment yet. As soon as I open the rest of my package, I shall post pictures of everything I've received as well as some close ups
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 October 2014, 22:27:12 by Synjin »

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #901 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 22:57:35 »
I've updated all the 1st batch tracking on the spreadsheet except for Hoffman's order as they were waiting for the Light Pad's PCB.  Duck will have it by tomorrow and will be shipped right after.  Sorry to Hoffman and those in his  order.

I'm not taking any more payments for the acrylic inserts as I've already had them ordered and I will get them next week or so.

Here's the link to the inserts spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mlGWvNuk5QabOohBKYSD2rcQFcjALC0BZWs1RB1lV1E/pubhtml
Wow, totally forgot about the inserts.

If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #902 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 23:25:56 »
Potato for now -- Camera is at the office, and it's dark now so excuse the phone quality.:p

Small scratches inside both cases  :(, but it won't be visible once built.

Everything was packed really well, as others have mentioned. Box was also the heavy duty type. Glad I didn't get hit with customs with the $85 declaration (I've been charged even at $70 before)

PCB looks like the Mini USB connectors were hand soldered? (Flux residue left over)
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 October 2014, 23:27:55 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #903 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 23:39:49 »
It's good that you won't be able to see any blemishes once it's put together.

Still waiting to see some blue-grey action.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #904 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 23:52:38 »
Potato for now -- Camera is at the office, and it's dark now so excuse the phone quality.:p

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Everything was packed really well, as others have mentioned. Box was also the heavy duty type. Glad I didn't get hit with customs with the $85 declaration (I've been charged even at $70 before)

PCB looks like the Mini USB connectors were hand soldered? (Flux residue left over)

That's funny, I have a scratch on my case in the exact same area
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #905 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 23:54:08 »
That's probably the spot on the cases where the anodizing rack met the case.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #906 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 23:54:37 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 October 2014, 23:56:57 by StylinGreymon »

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #907 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 00:01:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I just rechecked my cases and I did notice that there was a slight chip off the aluminum on my Eagle while my viper had the same scratches that people have posted prior (Same exact size and location).

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #908 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 00:08:42 »
That's probably the spot on the cases where the anodizing rack met the case.

That's most likely the case. Is it even possible to anodize a case without it sticking to the rack?
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #909 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 01:20:42 »
UPDATE:

These are the pictures of the cases I have after looking at them more closely.

Viper: The same marks as the one zeal has. I think these are minor since I myself wont see it once assembled.
'

Eagle: This chip is really bothering me since the rest of the case looks good aside for this spot. It actually looks bigger if seen in person though I do not have a good quality camera to take images with. The chip has a gold-ish color to it that I do not know where it could have possibly come from as I just unwrapped them from being very well packed.

I asked a member of our community who then informed me that duck normally does not send out products with defects as those are the ones he sells with a discount.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 October 2014, 01:39:51 by Synjin »

Offline Motan22

« Reply #910 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 01:38:01 »
I've updated all the 1st batch tracking on the spreadsheet except for Hoffman's order as they were waiting for the Light Pad's PCB.  Duck will have it by tomorrow and will be shipped right after.  Sorry to Hoffman and those in his  order.

I'm not taking any more payments for the acrylic inserts as I've already had them ordered and I will get them next week or so.

Here's the link to the inserts spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mlGWvNuk5QabOohBKYSD2rcQFcjALC0BZWs1RB1lV1E/pubhtml

Thanks for the updates elton. Love the use of the public spreadsheets for order progress.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #911 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 05:43:41 »
yay! :p

still have to wait for lube and spring from sprit :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #912 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 06:22:24 »
^ I am in the same boat man, and I ordered a few keyboards from him so it could be years before I get my springs and can actually build this board  :(

Cool seeing everyones kits in here though! Customs paid and mine is arriving tomorrow :D

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #913 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 06:41:13 »
^ I am in the same boat man, and I ordered a few keyboards from him so it could be years before I get my springs and can actually build this board  :(

Cool seeing everyones kits in here though! Customs paid and mine is arriving tomorrow :D

how is your customs cost? they charged me 24% import tax for that (something like 49€) :( damn never had to pay that **** back then I was in Vietnam :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #914 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 06:44:42 »

how is your customs cost? they charged me 24% import tax for that (something like 49€) :( damn never had to pay that **** back then I was in Vietnam :(

Mine was £24, which is usually what this kinda thing is when it gets hit with customs, that's a VAT charge and about 80% or so of that fee is Parcelforce taking a cut for "paying the VAT for me", robbing *******'s! Usually things from Asia I never get hit with customs, it's generally the US, but you get unlucky now and then I suppose :D

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #915 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 06:51:13 »

Mine was £24, which is usually what this kinda thing is when it gets hit with customs, that's a VAT charge and about 80% or so of that fee is Parcelforce taking a cut for "paying the VAT for me", robbing *******'s! Usually things from Asia I never get hit with customs, it's generally the US, but you get unlucky now and then I suppose :D

funny Duck wrote on the shipping box that the packages valued $60 but still they get me to show them the invoice (which was a paypal invoice for $2xx), guess I have to be smarter next times :))

now waiting for lube and springs seeing everyone gets their boards done sucks :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline elton5354

« Reply #916 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 10:56:55 »
I've confirmed that those marks inside to case above the LED holes are from the rack holding the case while it was being anodized. It used to be in the USB hole.

It's unfortunate you guys have to pay so much in import tax..:|

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #917 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 11:46:50 »
funny Duck wrote on the shipping box that the packages valued $60 but still they get me to show them the invoice (which was a paypal invoice for $2xx), guess I have to be smarter next times :))

now waiting for lube and springs seeing everyone gets their boards done sucks :(

Wow, they make you show them a purchase invoice? That's crazy.

Fingers crossed you get your lube-n-springs soon my friend

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #918 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 13:29:03 »
Got my Viper all assembled and tested, but now that it's in the case the A-row is shorting out. I'm hoping to take a look at it later while still at work but I may have to bring it home to fix it.  :(

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #919 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 14:06:30 »
Question for those who already recieved their Viper kit, can you install LEDs left and right to the spacebar? I think the Lightsaver had that option.

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #920 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 16:08:13 »
Question for those who already recieved their Viper kit, can you install LEDs left and right to the spacebar? I think the Lightsaver had that option.
As far as I can tell you can only place a LED in the middle of the spacebar (where the switch is). Please note that I'm a complete noob at electronics so I'll add some pictures so you can check it out yourself. ;)

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #921 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 17:06:57 »
Thanks, that's too bad. But I think I can use those second switch holes to solder in another LED, might look cool :D

EDIT: received my stuff today, thanks Elton  ;) Now let's wait for stabs.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 October 2014, 08:04:45 by Fnzzy »

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #922 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 10:06:20 »
Got my stuff today, thanks a lot Elton! Haven't properly opened the case up, but doesn't seem to be any marks on mine. All looks good upon a brief inspection and was incredibly well packaged. Thanks!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff

Offline tribade

KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

"Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."

Offline Motan22

« Reply #925 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 07:30:42 »
Packaging was fantastic, cases arrived in flawless condition. Hopefully the PCBs are all good for when I build in a month or two. Thank you for organising this elton, these are my first korean boards and they are awesome.

80686-0

80688-1

80690-2

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #926 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 08:55:08 »
Since we all like pictures so much I figured I would take some of my Viper, sorrounded by various things that I am going to use to build it as soon as my stabilizers and springs arrive. The plate has one minor imperfection which is a tiny scratch at the left side of the spacebar, I don't mind it though. Once it is built I will never see it again :)

Offline feizor

« Reply #927 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 09:27:22 »
I also have some imperfections on my plate, burn marks etc. But once the keycaps are on, you cant see any.

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #928 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 09:36:15 »
Since we all like pictures so much I figured I would take some of my Viper, sorrounded by various things that I am going to use to build it as soon as my stabilizers and springs arrive. The plate has one minor imperfection which is a tiny scratch at the left side of the spacebar, I don't mind it though. Once it is built I will never see it again :)

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Gorgeous pictures  :-*

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #929 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 10:19:21 »
Does all of your plates has a burnt marks on the other side of the plate?

Offline phatdood9

« Reply #930 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 11:17:12 »

Mine do, but the other side is perfect

Offline Motan22

« Reply #931 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 11:21:34 »

Yes mine has brown marks on one side which are from the manufacturing process I  would assume. Not really concerned about it since it will not be visible.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #932 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 12:14:55 »
The steel plates were laser cut so the underside will have burns.  The top side is brushed.

Offline cphead

« Reply #933 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 20:37:28 »
Anyone know what the flip key is for the Viper?

Offline WinterIsle

« Reply #934 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 20:40:22 »
capslock

Offline cphead

« Reply #935 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 21:16:47 »
capslock

Thanks. How are you flashing the firmware? I tried using Atmel Flip like on a KMAC but I get "atlibdfuusb.dll not found" and "could not load dynamic library" when I try to find the Viper using "USB" option.

Offline WinterIsle

« Reply #936 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 21:53:45 »
Thanks. How are you flashing the firmware? I tried using Atmel Flip like on a KMAC but I get "atlibdfuusb.dll not found" and "could not load dynamic library" when I try to find the Viper using "USB" option.
you probably haven't update the driver for the viper i think.
open device manager > find the particular usb device with "!" > browse atmel folder driver to install it.
something similar like flashing kmac firmware as well if u are using flip method.

the other method is using dfu_programmer folder & files provided by 02D if u doesn't have atmel flip installed on your pc.
same holding capslock when connecting the viper, then install driver (skip this part if u already done it before), use the 02D keymapper upload firmware and select the .hex file u mapped.
black window will pop out stating the firmware is uploading to your viper and wait a few sec press any key to  proceed, done.

Offline cphead

« Reply #937 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 22:13:01 »
you probably haven't update the driver for the viper i think.
open device manager > find the particular usb device with "!" > browse atmel folder driver to install it.
something similar like flashing kmac firmware as well if u are using flip method.

the other method is using dfu_programmer folder & files provided by 02D if u doesn't have atmel flip installed on your pc.
same holding capslock when connecting the viper, then install driver (skip this part if u already done it before), use the 02D keymapper upload firmware and select the .hex file u mapped.
black window will pop out stating the firmware is uploading to your viper and wait a few sec press any key to  proceed, done.

Thanks very much for your help : D. I got it to update, etc. got it mapped, arrow keys and all  :thumb:

Pictures soontm ...
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 October 2014, 22:55:31 by cphead »

Offline phatdood9

« Reply #938 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 22:32:54 »
Does anyone know if the O2D firmware tool supports dual function keys? I have the my caps lock mapped to ctrl on hold and esc on tap w/ tmk firmware, was wondering if I can d othe same w/ viper.

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #939 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 22:32:24 »
Thanks Ivan & elton!
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 October 2014, 22:40:14 by evolveS »
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #940 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 22:40:57 »
I'm assuming you did not use your plate on that board?

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #941 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 22:55:48 »
I'm assuming you did not use your plate on that board?
Correct, everything is PCB mount on mine.
-a petty thief

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #942 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 23:42:17 »
C'mon, USPS...

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #943 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 00:55:36 »
Thanks Ivan & elton!

Looking great! Got more angle shots of the case?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #944 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 01:22:46 »
I've never regretted not joining something so hard.... Why was I so cheap back then :/
Hi :)

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #945 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 01:34:18 »
I'm waiting on LEDs to come in, once those are on I'll have more pictures.
I really can't do either the set or the case justice with my photo equipment.
-a petty thief

Offline Motan22

« Reply #946 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 02:56:55 »
Thanks Ivan & elton!

:eek:

Fantastic, absolute end game stuff.

Did you mount any LEDs?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #947 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 08:58:43 »
Thanks Ivan & elton!

Amazing!   :thumb:   Still love that table.  :P

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #948 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 17:58:30 »
I'm trying to work my way through the o2d firmware application. I can do everything I need except save the .hex files, which gives 'run-time error 76: path not found." I have no idea where it's trying to write the file to but can someone shed some light on this?
-a petty thief

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #949 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 18:04:05 »
Are you removing the slashes from the file name?
Not sure why it doesn't default to hyphens.