Author Topic: So ....... we're going into August ....... where's the CM Storm Novatouch?  (Read 2300 times)

Offline dante

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
I was looking forward to this too. I think it has already been postponed a couple of times since I have been following it. First it was first half of 2014 (but not near the end of the first half we were told). Then it was Q2 of 2014. Then I think it was July... and after that I am not sure what happened.

I could not hold out any longer and bought a Realforce 87U. The novelty of being able to put MX keycaps on there is nice since I have so many MX caps. But truth be told there are also cool Topre sets and keycaps available. With the dye sublimated PBT keycaps that come with the 87u, I probably wont even feel like replacing them.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline osi

« Last Edit: Fri, 01 August 2014, 08:57:21 by osi »

Offline Demetrium

Getting anxious too, I think this is my next board.

Offline Defect

• I collect keyboards and keyboard accessories
After Dental Banding my Realforce I am now VERY eager to try a 45g...and mod it

Especially one that is compatible with the many MX cap sets that I accidentally bought

Not pictured: KeyCool 84 [MX Red] | Focus 2001 [Complicated White Alps]
Endgame Board | Defect's Watermelon Board Build Doc

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline osman99

• follow the smoke to the riff filled land
Do any of the gh mods have a tester model? I want some opinions before possibly buying topre. I know linus has one and I know ripster has one... anyone else?

Offline morethanless

Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless LineaR
(Cherry MX Red)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
It was delayed again

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
Re: So ....... we're going into August ....... where's the CM Storm Novatouch?
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 19:00:38 »
5ever? My body and my wallet are ready : ' [
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 19:07:43 »
Do any of the gh mods have a tester model? I want some opinions before possibly buying topre. I know linus has one and I know ripster has one... anyone else?

Nobody here has one. I suspect that webwit has one, and I suspect that HaaTa has one or will soon.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline cbot

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 20:37:26 »
Finding out about the delay:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 21:26:34 »
They're at the packaging stage so just be patient, we're literally just waiting on retailers to get their stock. Creating a new damned thread every month isn't going to magically make them appear sooner.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 01:22:52 »
They're at the packaging stage so just be patient, we're literally just waiting on retailers to get their stock. Creating a new damned thread every month isn't going to magically make them appear sooner.

But does keep everyone busy until they do arrive.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline paulen

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 02:13:34 »
group buy please!!

Offline remdell

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 02:48:22 »
As much as I want the novatouch to come out soon, too bad I'm the kind of guy who only buys keyboards from people who don't want theirs.  I've seen a lot of generous pricing going on classified.  The FC660C has been wavering down in used prices.  I'm hoping the same will go for the novatouch because with the way coolermaster handled its QFR series, the novatouch may very well make Topre much less niche. If Topre hipsters exist, they will be in an uproar.
Rukia PC | RF87U Digilog | Norbaforce MKII Palm Desert | Zenith ZKB-2R | Datadesk MAC-101

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 03:05:25 »
As much as I want the novatouch to come out soon, too bad I'm the kind of guy who only buys keyboards from people who don't want theirs.  I've seen a lot of generous pricing going on classified.  The FC660C has been wavering down in used prices.  I'm hoping the same will go for the novatouch because with the way coolermaster handled its QFR series, the novatouch may very well make Topre much less niche. If Topre hipsters exist, they will be in an uproar.

IF topre hipsters exist?
I thought you had to be hip to own topre.

Offline remdell

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 03:12:56 »

IF topre hipsters exist?
I thought you had to be hip to own topre.

Well if everyone starts owning a novatouch, the coolness level of topre users is bound to degrade.  I can see it now, a new phase: "I owned a topre keyboard before the novatouch."
Rukia PC | RF87U Digilog | Norbaforce MKII Palm Desert | Zenith ZKB-2R | Datadesk MAC-101

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 08:42:42 »
Well if everyone starts owning a novatouch, the coolness level of topre users is bound to degrade.  I can see it now, a new phase: "I owned a topre keyboard before the novatouch."

Already have the user titles for that.

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.