Author Topic: [IC] Retro Cassette DSA  (Read 37210 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
[IC] Retro Cassette DSA
« on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 22:14:17 »
Based on some retro laptops with DSA style caps and with a built in cassette deck.  I'll get a proper IC later, but for now, just comment in the thread if it's something that sounds interesting to you.

Cap set:

Inspiration(s):

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Re: [IC] Retro Cassette DSA
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 22:21:30 »
I like the colours, I would scrap the orange though and find a nicer font. I also think that either all the keys should have a single icon, or that it should follow normal keyboard key design. Not the semi-mono legend that your preview has.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 22:21:44 »
Colors look great, but boo to DSA.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 22:25:25 »
This looks fantastic Nubbinator! Definitely interested.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 22:38:10 »
I like the colours, I would scrap the orange though and find a nicer font. I also think that either all the keys should have a single icon, or that it should follow normal keyboard key design. Not the semi-mono legend that your preview has.

I agree with Vibex, I think it should either be full mono-legend or full standard legend. I do like the mono legend look if I were to pick just one. Regardless, I would be very tempted to order a set. I do like the orange though.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 22:46:29 »

If it's DSA, it has to be large and centered (and it goes with the original).  If it's DCS, it can be Cherry.  The pic is just a rough idea though.

And,  to be honest, the orange is really what makes it for me.  I could probably add in a more "normal" option, but then it's practically inverted Dolch. I guess I need to buy an SP color ring so I can show off a nice dark orange (or get them to do a custom orange) and show what the colors would actually be.  I just have a hard time dropping $40 on a color ring to make SP money.

Colors look great, but boo to DSA.

What profile would you prefer?  I'd do GMK, but they don't have anywhere near the right colors.  I'd love some of the Devlin profiles, but they only work through QWERkeys and after my last GB with them, I refuse to work with them ever again.

Would DCS be better?  I refuse to do SA, so it would be between DCS and DSA.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 August 2014, 22:52:09 by nubbinator »

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 22:51:08 »

If it's DSA, it has to be large and centered (and it goes with the original).  If it's DCS, it can be Cherry.  The pic is just a rough idea though.

And,  to be honest, the orange is really what makes it for me.  I could probably add in a more "normal" option, but then it's practically inverted Dolch.
Oh I just ment the font in general. I know that if it's DSA it will have to be large and centered. I just think you can find a better font. And to each their own when it comes to colours. I've just never been found of the colour orange (or yellow for that matter). I just think it's a meh colour over all.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 22:52:02 »
Personally I'd definitely prefer DCS.

And,  to be honest, the orange is really what makes it for me.  I could probably add in a more "normal" option, but then it's practically inverted Dolch.

Yeah the orange is great.  The alphas look like they have some brown in them in the pics though?

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 22:54:20 »
ooo I like this, great idea nubb! That color combo on the first picture is awesome! (chocolate alphas with brownish-grey mods) Why not go with this color combo?  :D

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 22:55:46 »
Personally I'd definitely prefer DCS.

Yeah the orange is great.  The alphas look like they have some brown in them in the pics though?

Thanks man.  I don't know why, but the orange makes it for me.  Otherwise it's kind of bland.  Just look at the orange WASD cluster that was an option with the DSA Dolch set and how much that sexed it up.

That's kind of the intent (the brown in the alphas that is).  I need to get the color ring again.  I seem to remember an almost black brown that SP has that would be perfect.  I'm really just doing a rough rough mock up with this tool and it doesn't seem to have the right brownish color for it that I remember being in the ring.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 August 2014, 22:57:29 by nubbinator »

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 22:58:20 »
You should put the CTRL key back in its proper place, like your inspiration keyboards. Also, use the right name for RETURN. :)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 23:00:17 »
You should put the CTRL key back in its proper place, like your inspiration keyboards. Also, use the right name for RETURN. :)

It would be cool to have RETURN instead of ENTER  :thumb:

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 23:01:33 »

And next you'll be wanting a shift lock cap.

Changing enter to Return is a good idea that I think I'll do, but, since I'm proposing DSA, you can **** with the CTRL wherever you want.

Offline Data

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 23:47:02 »
I dig it.

You should play with a red Esc key. Both of your examples have a conspicuous red button in that area of the keyboard.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 01:07:44 »
I'm definitely in,  nubs. Looks great and I hope DSA stays an option.  :'( 

Offline SonOfSonOfSpock

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 01:20:19 »
The splash of color with the orange and red is great!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 04:26:15 »
I like the color scheme.

Please offer a "boring joe kit" like Matt3o does that contains the standard keys (like light grey scroll lock etc.).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 04:46:19 »
Maybe the numpad Enter could be red too?

And the num lock and scroll lock could have red legends to match caps lock?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mno

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 05:04:13 »
Love it.  Especially since it's DSA.  Sex if PBT, might still buy if ABS.

Hope it see it go into production with some kits/mods. 

Agree on the added reds.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 06:15:12 »
Love it.  Especially since it's DSA.  Sex if PBT, might still buy if ABS.

Hope it see it go into production with some kits/mods. 

Agree on the added reds.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Planning on spending money already?  You'll fit right in around here :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 06:28:03 »
I'm interested for sure, both in the profile and colors involved. I agree with what Vibex said about the font and what jacobolus said about the CTRL/CapsLock swap. Is it possible to get an add-on for the latter? This HHKB's been spoiling me so hard. I need to maintain a certain quality of life now : ' [
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline Crazyhendrix

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 12:51:57 »
I was just wondering if anyone would make keysets that look like that. Looks like wishes do come true. I'm definitely interested.
I have 'two' many keyboard. CM Quickfire Stealth(greens) and Poker II(browns)

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 13:01:49 »
And next you'll be wanting a shift lock cap.

Changing enter to Return is a good idea that I think I'll do, but, since I'm proposing DSA, you can **** with the CTRL wherever you want.
Shift Lock, make it happen! ;D
But seriously, making it return is a good idea. And thats why DSA is the best, it's so versatile.
Also sent you some PM's when you get a chance. :thumb:

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 14:17:49 »
i like the orange and this is very "old skool"

kudo's..............would buy :p
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 14:25:43 »
yeppers..............this is really nice!

would be nice if there were a few extra keys for a ducky?

the colors and some of the suggestions could be put in a added pack, but i agree the orange really does it for me as well- i like the contrast :cool:

...............and yes i am old enough to remember these :-\

these would look pretty awesome if put on an 1800-- of course there has to be enough of "i wants" to justify
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline mer

• Purple Ghost Software, Inc.
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 07:49:34 »
And,  to be honest, the orange is really what makes it for me.  I could probably add in a more "normal" option, but then it's practically inverted Dolch. I guess I need to buy an SP color ring so I can show off a nice dark orange (or get them to do a custom orange) and show what the colors would actually be.  I just have a hard time dropping $40 on a color ring to make SP money.

SP has images of their available colors here:
http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/resources/

Aren't these the same as the color ring?
WASD V2 87-Key MX Greens
Profile pic is "Geek Hack" in Gallifreyan

Offline Gamingnow

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 13:54:57 »
I like it a lot. I think DSA profile is perfect, and the orange is a nice contrast for me. I would buy a set.
Poker II [MX Blues]

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 09:20:33 »
seem to be another Dolch?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 09:28:16 »
It's inverted from Dolch and I'm also aiming for more of a dark almost brownish color for the Alphas like in the first pic.  I need to get a color ring again to get the colors set.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 09:34:30 »
It's inverted from Dolch and I'm also aiming for more of a dark almost brownish color for the Alphas like in the first pic.  I need to get a color ring again to get the colors set.

I think the brown color you want is TAA.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 11:27:36 »

I think the brown color you want is TAA.
Yeah, thats what I'm using as my accent colour in my Burnt Papyrus IC. It's a really deep brown colour.

Offline Crazyhendrix

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 02:00:29 »
Brown or Grey, they're both nice and well coordinated with the rest of the colour scheme.  :thumb:
I have 'two' many keyboard. CM Quickfire Stealth(greens) and Poker II(browns)

Offline Hazel

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 16:17:00 »
I have to ask, because I noticed this on the Royal Apollo set as well:
What's with the shifted < > ? " : [ ] legends?
Mono legends are cool, but why not unshifted  , . / ' ; { } ?

Offline Manchias

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 22:23:11 »
Once again, I feel like there are alot of DSA set out there. I would purchase this set for sure.

Offline Evilcamels

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:20:02 »
I was working on a very similar design before someone suggested your GB on Deskthority, here is what I thought would be a good recreation of the Epson keyset.

http://imgur.com/a/HtviC is the Imgur album of all my work on it. I thought it should be DCS to keep it consistent with the original design and to separate itself from all of the DSA sets being made right now. I also went with brown legends for the modifiers which gives them more pop in my opinion.

Hopefully this set can come to fruition, if you want any help with more photos of my PX-8 or of my design ideas, I would love to contribute.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 14:25:31 »
The colors do a very good match in between. I'd prefer DSA, and I suggest you to include options for most common special keyboard layouts as FC660M, choc mini, and the likes.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 21:00:14 »
I was working on a very similar design before someone suggested your GB on Deskthority, here is what I thought would be a good recreation of the Epson keyset.

Show Image

http://imgur.com/a/HtviC is the Imgur album of all my work on it. I thought it should be DCS to keep it consistent with the original design and to separate itself from all of the DSA sets being made right now. I also went with brown legends for the modifiers which gives them more pop in my opinion.

Hopefully this set can come to fruition, if you want any help with more photos of my PX-8 or of my design ideas, I would love to contribute.

Well, the plan is to do something like this, pending color rings and choosing from those:

The brown is TBN, which isn't well represented on the mock up site.

The 60% symmetry set at the bottom will be built into the main set as will the color set.  Then you have a Tsangan and an ISO set.  The modifiers will be the same between the two, but you can buy the grey or the brown Alphas.  Even though the legends will be different from Retro DSA colors, the brown is the same color, so letting you choose which Alpha lets you use your Retro DSA Alphas if you already have the set.

DSA is the planned profile since the HX-20 and HX-40 that inspired the set are DSA.

And in before Elrick says SA because it's the best profile ever and everything should be done in SA.  DCS is a possibility, but SA will not be done.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 September 2014, 21:03:35 by nubbinator »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 21:32:56 »
Here is a link to the scans for all the colors:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/compactkey/sets/72157634628432952/with/9294353672/

GH is Error 500ing hard right now at won't let me post any pictures. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 September 2014, 21:35:28 by Badwrench »
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 23:26:53 »
Do want. Gib me, nubbinator.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 01:36:49 »
Well, the plan is to do something like this, pending color rings and choosing from those:

Show Image

And in before Elrick says SA because it's the best profile ever and everything should be done in SA.  DCS is a possibility, but SA will not be done.

Hey, hey, hey........ If you are going to make the above colour-way then I'll buy it in DSA profile easily.  I may be a rabid crack-ho for SA but I will transgress towards the DSA regime when the colours provide a genuine attraction.

We need some decent warm tints for a colour-way the screams, welcome - come use me as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 September 2014, 01:39:30 by Elrick »

Offline Data

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 08:02:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The 60% symmetry set at the bottom will be built into the main set as will the color set.  Then you have a Tsangan and an ISO set.  The modifiers will be the same between the two, but you can buy the grey or the brown Alphas.  Even though the legends will be different from Retro DSA colors, the brown is the same color, so letting you choose which Alpha lets you use your Retro DSA Alphas if you already have the set.

DSA is the planned profile since the HX-20 and HX-40 that inspired the set are DSA.

This is great man.  Nice to see the red Esc made it in there.   :thumb:

Prefer the dark gray, personally.  And I'd echo Elrick's sentiments about DSA.  It just seems to fit this theme really well.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 08:24:28 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

DSA all the way and I'm in love. Awesome job as usual nubs!!!  :thumb:
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline nathairtras

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 14:50:56 »
Wish this were PBT over ABS...
CM QFR Green

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 15:12:52 »

It's impossible to do in PBT.  You can't dyesub light on dark and SP can't do doubleshot PBT.  I love PBT, but you work with the tools you have.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 September 2014, 15:35:45 by nubbinator »

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 16:26:40 »

It's impossible to do in PBT.  You can't dyesub light on dark and SP can't do doubleshot PBT.  I love PBT, but you work with the tools you have.

At least SP's ABS keycaps should be relatively thick and high quality, right?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 16:37:14 »

At least SP's ABS keycaps should be relatively thick and high quality, right?

SP DSA is thicker than DCS, but thinner than Cherry/GMK.

If the quality wasn't good, GH wouldn't do most GBs with them.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 14:41:14 »
Playing around with the idea of some WASD clusters:

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 15:11:10 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hi nubb.

I love the last one, with the blue WASD.

Are you going to use SP standard font?

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 15:55:18 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Orange looks good with grey and brown, but the blue seems to only work with the grey... IMO...  :p
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 16:01:06 »

Vortex seems to be having a lot of luck with doubleshot PBT. Even SP has small quantities of doubleshot PBT caps. I think we're just a few years away from seeing fully doubleshot PBT sets as an option from SP.