Author Topic: Intellimouse Optical won't track  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Tactile

Intellimouse Optical won't track
« on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 12:45:19 »
I have an Intellimouse Optical attached via a USB hub to a Windows 8.1 computer.

Sometimes when the computer wakes from suspend the mouse won't track. Both the lights (the tracking LED & the taillight) are on & the mouse buttons & scroll wheel work. I also have a trackball attached to the same USB hub & it always works fine.

The cable where it exits the mouse body shows no signs of cracks or wear. The Windows hardware manager says that this device is working properly.

Has anyone experienced this?

REΛLFORCE

Offline hyorinpoppy

• gk
Re: Intellimouse Optical won't track
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 07:42:18 »
This really is very good here. I think people are skeptical about this. I read this post will help loosen up some more or less suspicion.

Offline shipmark33

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 06:18:31 »
Sometimes when the computer wakes from suspend the mouse won't track. Both the lights (the tracking LED & the taillight) are on & the mouse buttons & scroll wheel work. I also have a trackball attached to the same USB hub & it always works fine.

Offline pharaoh

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 14:20:19 »
have you done anything to the mouse already? like the popular overclock?

aside from normal precautions like cleaning your mouse, there's a long list of things to do on this page, they should all be relevant in windows 8.1

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/tips-to-correct-problems-with-intellimouse-conflicts-in-microsoft-xp/
hhkb type-s| jd40 | jd45 | keycool87

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 13:04:35 »
What type of mouse pad are you using?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS