Author Topic: Best FPS mouse for this geek?  (Read 8433 times)

Offline zhd

Best FPS mouse for this geek?
« on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 17:05:19 »
hey guys. I have been here for a while and now i became member. here goes my first post!

i am looking for the best fps mouse. now, i know there is no "perfect", it differs for everyone so i will try to explain my perfect.

been playing counter strike since it's release. currently also playing tf2 and many other games. never been a pro, but i consider myself good at gaming. all kinds, except rts :D.

my sens is high. currently 4-5 in cs and tf2 with 3600 dpi. it takes 4 or 5 cm to make a 360 degrees turn. i dont struggle to make very little moves, but my mouse does :D it is pixel walks or jitterls and not precise at very low movement. it just can't keep up with my very little precise adjusments. also i have flicking playstyle that became my signature. i keep getting banned because some admins confuses this with wallhack(auto locking aim) i even use windows like this. flick to tabs at firefox, flick to adress box or favorites, flick to show desktop, flick to anyshortcut. i hope i was able explain my style with my flawed english :D

about the anotomy:
my elbow fixed, never moves. my wrist moves at big moves like 180 turning etc. at very little moves only my fingers move. my palms lover part rests in pad(ground), my finger tips clicks and also the upper part of palm touches the mouse slightly, mid part of palm doesnt touch anywhere. my thumb touches the mouse at the bottom of it also touches ground and swipes the pad as i move it. also does my ring and pinkie fingers. but ring finger sometimes doesn't touch the ground. so, basicly an odd type of finger tip grip.  i can upload pics if neccessery.

the mouse should NOT have these things:
laser sensor, because i heard they have acceleration, which drives me insane! ....ing hate it)
interpolation. i don't need anything more than 5000 dpi, i guess... i currently play at 1600x900 and soon gonna upgrade to 2560x1440. maybe even 4k.
excessive smoothing (razer...)
****ty software
an "ergonomic" design that lets fingers rest on mouse, like the sideparts at ouroboros and naos. i let my fingers touch the ground, it lets me make(as much as my mouse allows) precise little movements. it is like using a pen.

the "would be nice to have" things(these are secondery needs. the primary is obviously sensor):
setting dpi with 50 integrals.
4 way wheel
programmable buttons. many of them.
low weight

I also need a low friction and fully compatible with optical sensors mouse pad that fits my need that explained above. (precision at flicks also mini moves)

so, what are your recommendetions for this geek?

« Last Edit: Sat, 02 August 2014, 17:08:04 by zhd »

Offline munch

• !
Re: Best FPS mouse for this geek?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 17:40:53 »
4-way wheel means up-down/left-right? don't really know of many mice that have that unfortunately.

but Avior 7000 seems like a perfect match here. ambidextrous, superb sensor, 50-increment dpi, fingertip grip friendly, great button feel etc. sensor is super precise too.
and for mousepad... if you're in Europe, the ModMyMachine Slamepad is fantastic. my favourite.
otherwise, fUnc F10s is great too. extremely good micro-movement precision, and has never failed with any mouse I ever used on it. but not as durable as the Slamepad.
I don't know if you can get the Slamepad in the US, but if you can for a decent price, I'll highly recommend that one.
it's amazing in terms of control, micromovement precision, good speed, and feels incredibly smooth if you keep it clean.

Offline histevenhere

• Student
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 23:40:45 »
I would recommend the zowie fk1 or deathadder, pretty flawless sensors on either. Microsoft wheel mouse optical is a great choice for about 15 dollars too
HHKB PRO 2, DAS ULTIMATE, SIIG MINITOUCH, KBT PURE, IBM MODEL M, MICROSOFT COMFORT CURVE 2000, CHERRY G84-4100, TG3-TP, QUICKFIRE RAPID, REALFORCE 87u

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 00:14:08 »
Zowie eci evo or fk1 and call it a day.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline ajx

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 16:05:05 »
And about all these Zowie, which one?
FK, AM, FK 2K14, Evo?

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 16:18:21 »
FK, AM, FK2014, EC Evo all have the same sensor and I believe buttons/scroll wheel as well (FK and FK2014 are the same mouse, since the 2014 model is the only one that exists today)
the difference is in the shape of it.

but you would only get 450-1150-2300 DPI steps. no more. and the EC1/EC2 eVo are made for palm gripping, right handed only.

then there is the new FK1 which has a better sensor, and 400-800-1600-3200 DPI steps. and is slightly bigger than the FK(2014) but the rest seems to be the same.

although I suspect you're asking for yourself here - not suggesting anything for OP? :) so it mostly comes down to shape.

Offline caesar

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 16:47:06 »
i use r.a.t. 7 for gaming, not bad one

Offline ajx

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:13:59 »
FK, AM, FK2014, EC Evo all have the same sensor and I believe buttons/scroll wheel as well (FK and FK2014 are the same mouse, since the 2014 model is the only one that exists today)

but you would only get 450-1150-2300 DPI steps. no more. and the EC1/EC2 eVo are made for palm gripping, right handed only.

then there is the new FK1 which has a better sensor, and 400-800-1600-3200 DPI steps. and is slightly bigger than the FK(2014) but the rest seems to be the same.

although I suspect you're asking for yourself here - not suggesting anything for OP? :) so it mostly comes down to shape.
Can we adjust dpi from software?
I always use one dpi setting per game but need to record it on mice driver

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:16:36 »
Roccat kone pure color is what I like to use. I've heard very good things about the Mionix mice and the Roccat Kone XTD.
DELL AT102W Black Alps | IBM Model M 122 | Matias Tactile Pro 4

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:21:24 »

Can we adjust dpi from software?
I always use one dpi setting per game but need to record it on mice driver

there is no software for Zowie mice, everything is done via button pressing on the actual mouse. :p sorry!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 21:19:50 »
Wait for the G402 because that seems to have a brilliant sensor made for your type of games.

Logitech can do no wrong with their choice in sensor technology just wish their mice where a little wider in dimensions (purely personal speculation here)  8) .

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 23:50:18 »
Supposedly the 402 uses the same sensor as the g100 with a little of bit software tweaking to shove up the tracking speed.
Sounds terrible.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:34:53 »
I like the G100s sensor, so I think it sounds promising :p only thing it didn't have was a high malfunction speed limit. so if they fixed that... nice

Offline zhd

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 22:58:15 »
Yeah, that mouse looks interesting. But i doubt that it will be better than avior 7000 or kone military.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 23:03:08 »
What do you guys think about the Logitech 502? Looks pretty decent.. Thinking about picking one up.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 00:28:43 »
But i doubt that it will be better than avior 7000 or kone military.

Have to get the latest Kone Military just because of it's nice olive green colour, which is superb  :thumb: .

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 06:48:57 »
What do you guys think about the Logitech 502? Looks pretty decent.. Thinking about picking one up.

as far as I know, as long as you like the shape, it can do no wrong. :p

Offline zhd

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:37:41 »
it is a little heavy though.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 10:58:28 »
it is very heavy, most likely not for you. :)
I still think Avior 7000 is a great choice. I am using one right now and it is very nice so far. it isn't super light, but not very heavy either. sensor is pretty much perfect. I am loving the buttons too. scroll wheel seems great so far. much better than the Zowie that I had before.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 05:55:03 »
Supposedly the 402 uses the same sensor as the g100 with a little of bit software tweaking to shove up the tracking speed.
Sounds terrible.
G100s' sensor and an accelerometer for "tracking" at high speed.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 07:46:56 »
Sounds terrible.
G100s' sensor and an accelerometer for "tracking" at high speed.

hmm sorry I have to ask but how does this implementation work? sounds a bit bad when you put it that way... I only looked at numbers. :D

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 08:14:29 »
A testing unit was reviewed by Ino at OCN and a Logitech's manager responsible for this mouse held an AMA at /r/MouseReview. From what I've gathered there, tracking is exactly like on G100s, BUT if you have the accelerometer turned on, max. tracking speed is improved to the level of G502 (i.e. beyond what a human can reach in any normal use case) and it supposedly works great, BUT at the cost of introducing slight positive acceleration.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 08:23:28 »
aww. okay I see. that's too bad. the G100s had such a great sensor albeit that low tracking speed. was hoping they fixed it some other way. acceleration is one thing I can't stand :(

Offline woll3

• ESL Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 10:37:39 »
LOL, i told him its getting out of hand, what ino talked about was the same/comparable/less amount of acceleration previous packages (3090 etc.) had.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 10:47:31 »
ohh okay, that's not too bad then. I should really check out his review... :D thanks for clarifying.

Offline ajx

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 13:52:43 »
These optical mice like Zowie, Mionix, are they good for any fps?
I mean in CS, for example, you have to be accurate for sniping
In the other hand, fps like Quake/Unreal/Titanfall, you needs to be as fast as accurate

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 14:03:13 »
the Zowie mice were all developed by CS professionals, and are mostly used by CS professionals nowadays.
but that said, it really is a personal preference. the sensors they use are definitely VERY accurate. Mionix are no exception. even better than the Zowie (well, except FK1 perhaps, same level I believe) I'd say.
so it is mostly up to your taste in weight/shape.

Offline ajx

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 14:15:34 »
That explain the lack of button if it has been developed by CS players  :mad:
It has only 2 poor side buttons, i would 4 at least
I game mostly on Left 4 Dead 2, i have alot of useful shortcut function on side buttons
Do you any mice with good sensor that has more than 2/3 side buttons?

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 16:57:04 »
:D yeah. or most fast-paced FPS gamers really.
unfortunately I don't know any, G502 has 3 I think... maybe 4? you should see if they are customizeable. a bit awkward position on the 4th one. but sensor-wise it's unbeatable.

Offline ThePlaneJet

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 15:27:56 »
I've personally been using a Logitech G502 for about a month. It's a pretty good mouse with a pretty solid feeling but it's pretty pricey and it's 168g which I consider on the heavier side. I've read pretty good things about the Corsair M45 but if you could wait the G402 which is a lighter version of the G502 with 3 less buttons (left-right mouse click and profile switch.) I would suggest that. Dunno if you already got a mouse but if you're still looking then this is a +1 for the G502.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 23:42:37 »
The G402 has a 400dpi sensor so it should suit the OP, and is lighter than the G502. Simply can't go wrong with either of these mice, I have both actually, and I play lots of FPS games. Size-wise, they're about the same but the G402 feels like the old MX518 in terms of feel when I palm it.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 06:26:32 »
If I were to get a new mouse right now, I would get the Zowie FK1.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent