Author Topic: Topre Realforce Anniversay Edition 55g.....  (Read 17496 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Topre Realforce Anniversay Edition 55g.....
« on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 07:30:56 »
Found it a few days ago from the guy I bought coloured REALFORCE keycaps from.

Here is the link;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topre-Realforce-87-10th-Anniversary-Edition-All-55gram-Tenkeyless-Keyboard-/271567392251?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item3f3aad8dfb

It's been some time since this ultra rare 55g keyboard has been sold, even Brain can't get this keyboard any more  ;D .

I couldn't let this pass without buying one, hence I am posting here showing my commitment to this seller.  When it arrives to my address you shall here about it as well as how good/bad the item might be.

The seller will have the generous 43 day time limit before I do the Paypal Call-back, which I don't think will happen (I sure hope not).

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: Topre Realforce Anniversay Edition 55g.....
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 11:05:01 »
oof, pretty heavy markup. still, rare board, and as you may know, this model is my DD for a reason. nothing looks as good imo, even the similar ducky and imsto sets aren't quite the right colors.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 11:06:30 »
Oh, gosh I am really debating this...

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 11:09:01 »
That's more than what I paid for my all 45g EK Realforce and a Digilog case LOL.   And some Topre modifiers!! 

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 11:09:16 »
ugh, so expensive yet so tempting at the same time.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 11:10:35 »
tbh, when i imported mine from korea, i think in total i only paid a little less than this after shipping

(and it was 100% worth every penny)

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 11:10:44 »
That's more than what I paid for my all 45g EK Realforce and a Digilog case LOL.   And some Topre modifiers!!
While this is true, the anniversary editions are normally ₩360,000 which equates to $348.09...so the mark-up is really only about $50.

Edit: Just bought one. :]
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 August 2014, 11:17:19 by Lastpilot »

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 11:31:20 »
While this is true, the anniversary editions are normally ₩360,000 which equates to $348.09...so the mark-up is really only about $50.

Edit: Just bought one. :]
Nice! I'm actually kind of relieved now that they're all gone, another new keyboard is the last thing I need at the moment.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 11:33:17 »
Where was this 4 months ago? >.<

Also, I hate you guys lol. I was hoping to snag one of these soon as I got a new job lined up.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 11:37:41 »
Where was this 4 months ago? >.<

Also, I hate you guys lol. I was hoping to snag one of these soon as I got a new job lined up.
I'm asking the seller now if they plan to stock more, I'll let you guys know what he says.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 11:38:56 »
Not sure who bought the last one, I think there was 3 total.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 12:13:06 »
I want one. bad.
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline jalaj

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 12:23:54 »
The prices of RF in Korea haven't adjusted to the Japanese Yen's drop in value. These are like 2010-2011 prices.
Really, now you're paying like $300 premium just for the anniversary keycaps.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 12:48:05 »
Dat markup!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 19:35:38 »
Dat markup!

Yep but can you blame him when you come across so many brand new, extra spare boxes located in South Korea?  I would do the same, because this is guaranteed profit, these keyboards will NEVER be made ever again.

I couldn't pass this up because he supplied something that literally no one else has, so leave it to this guy to hunt everywhere throughout his country to find the last stock of these.  I think he even visits here to check out what most GHers want.

I'm just glad I finally bought something of worth and I got it from someone other than Brian, in my books its always a pure win  :thumb: .

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 19:52:28 »
I just want the keycaps  :(

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 19:54:57 »
That is one sexy board  :thumb:
RETIRED

Offline Belfong

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 19:58:30 »
I'm curious if it's really brand new. The description sound too generic for my comfort.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 20:17:05 »
I'm curious if it's really brand new. The description sound too generic for my comfort.

Don't worry if anything is iffy about this seller and what he is selling, you'll hear it from me straight  8) .

I just have to wait for everything to come in which also includes his Realforce Keycaps as well.  Not too worried because it's through Ebay and I'm protected via Paypal here in every sense, never bought something falsely labelled yet  :thumb: .

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 21:16:36 »
The boards are sold. And now the seller has just relisted five of them.

I'm skeptical.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 21:20:10 »

I'm skeptical.
he has 100% feedback rating (1177 users) so I dont know what exactly you are skeptical about?
Maybe Realforce decided to pump out more of these, who knows.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 21:23:19 »

I'm skeptical.
he has 100% feedback rating (1177 users) so I dont know what exactly you are skeptical about?
Maybe Realforce decided to pump out more of these, who knows.
Yeah, I wouldn't be too skeptical, I bought the Leopold PBT caps from them and they got here in a pretty reasonable amount of time despite being shipped from Korea.  They were also extremely quick in answering any questions I had.  Part of me wants to jump on this so badly because this will probably the last good opportunity to aquire one of these!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 21:24:02 »
Well I'm just wondering why he listed 3 then 5, and also why they are so expensive if there are 8 of them, IDK
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 21:31:46 »
Well I'm just wondering why he listed 3 then 5, and also why they are so expensive if there are 8 of them, IDK
He did these with the Leopold caps as well. My only guess is that he lists them in smaller batches to avoid listing fees? I have seen many sellers do this, not just widebasket.

To anyone curious the last time I ordered from him it took exactly 12 days to deliver to my CONUS doorstep. They were very courteous and allowed me to combine shipping when I ordered two items from them one after the other. Packaging was very well done -actually a bit overkill-  and items were received perfectly brand new.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 21:32:17 »
why they are so expensive if there are 8 of them, IDK

Well, they're out of production and there's clearly demand for them.

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 23:23:50 »
also... if you want to keep demand as high as possible it's helpful to make the buyers think that they are in short supply.

i mean even though this board is desirable consider this: how much more would you be willing to pay if you thought there was only one left?

now how mich would you be willing to pay if you knew there were still hundreds left?

Topre REALFORCE

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 23:29:09 »
Looks great, and I really want to try the all 55g sometimes to compare it to 45g. But you have to draw the line somewhere.  :-X
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Belfong

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 02:45:08 »
I want the 10AE so bad but I can't afford it anymore. I already have the RF 55g (black) with pink blanks, red and orange printed caps. I have spent ENOUGH on Topre! :( :(
I could sell all of these and swap to the 10AE but all this shipping and selling inconveniences!

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 07:29:04 »
He did these with the Leopold caps as well. My only guess is that he lists them in smaller batches to avoid listing fees? I have seen many sellers do this, not just widebasket.

To anyone curious the last time I ordered from him it took exactly 12 days to deliver to my CONUS doorstep. They were very courteous and allowed me to combine shipping when I ordered two items from them one after the other. Packaging was very well done -actually a bit overkill-  and items were received perfectly brand new.

Which shipping option did you choose? EMS or standard?
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 07:35:14 »
Standard

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 07:47:34 »
Such a nice looking board.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Mack2450

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 21:05:23 »
Picked up one of these, and it arrived (expedited shipping) yesterday.  Awesome service, and speedy delivery from from KR!

Having banged on Model M boards for years, this seemed immediately congenial.  I have a KUL-87 (MX clears) and a WASD Code TKL (MX greens), and have yet to find them easy to use. They both seem "resistant" to me, not so much on the level of the individual keys, but as an experience.  The KUL will be sold, and am on the fence re the Code. But this Topre seems a keeper.

After struggling with the MXs, I was thinking about going for a Model M SSK, but seeing the prices for those suckers, I thought why not try Topre.  This combo of 55g, with gray/blue key set seemed attractive, tho expensive, but then again not so pricey in view of the Model M SSKs.  So, I took the leap and am quite happy.  For one thing the 55g does not seem heavy, indeed seems quite light in view of the greens/clears.  Quality (solidity being one proxy therefor) is Tops.  PBT is nice, especially in view of the crappy keys on the KUL and Code.  I had also tried mx blues (in a Corsair board since returned), and found them almost too light.  (sigh) A chacun . . . .

For angry emails, I may, however, have to break out my bs boards, just because the sound effects are soooo satisfying.

Cheers.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 01:41:58 »
This combo of 55g, with gray/blue key set seemed attractive, tho expensive, but then again not so pricey in view of the Model M SSKs.

Same here.  Mine has arrived as well and all I can say (typing on them at this very second) it's quite beautiful to say the least  :thumb: .  Definitely not as firm as MX Greens or Greys but nevertheless leaves a satisfying feel to your finger tips.

This baby is definitely NOT A MEMBRANE keyboard (even though I've been kicking Thorpie Products for years, mainly due to my own jealousy) owning them is still a privilege these days.  I try establishing a hate regime within myself as I buy more Cherry keyboards but NOW I feel more drawn towards them again.  Like an evil japanese girlfriend you want to forget but she turns up unannounced and you're hooked for her yet again  8) .

My package arrived EMS style about half an hour ago and it was easy to unpack the product.  The keyboard box is exactly like all other REALFORCE TKL keyboards, the only difference is the end box white label on the far upper-right corner, with black print "87UD55 10th, MODEL No: YF1200".

Inside the keyboard box she was sheathed into an all clear plastic type bag with a small self sealed baggy containing a single RED esc key and large single CTRL and smaller Caps Lock BLUE keys, and that's it.

When I first connected this keyboard up the first thing you'll notice is the all RED coloured Num Lock key with it's distant cousin, the Caps Lock.  The feel of the key-caps on this keyboard is superb just like what real PBT should feel like.  Of course before I typed anything upon this beauty I made sure to wash my hands with Dettol Liquid Soap for 5 mins, just to make sure all greasy nastiness is removed from my paws.

Overall pleasantly surprised how brilliant this now OLD keyboard feels to type on.  If you've got some spare moolah you can't go wrong in getting this baby because it's now officially quite rare on this planet.

The seller "Widebasket" is absolutely, without doubt a 100% reliable Ebay seller with authentic products within his store.  This guy delivers what he sells without fuss or worry even to this arse-pit known as Australia.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 August 2014, 01:45:27 by Elrick »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 02:19:35 »
Show us pix Elrick. I know you like to type but photos please!!!!

In light of Novatouch selling in US now, is this still a good choice I wonder.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 09:19:38 »
Show us pix Elrick. I know you like to type but photos please!!!!

In light of Novatouch selling in US now, is this still a good choice I wonder.

No, not a good choice at all. Leave more for me  :))

Offline Belfong

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 09:21:22 »
Hey Elrick, since you have also bought the green and orange key caps as well, I'm wondering how different is the blue grey of 10AE compares to those colored keycaps. I own a RF 55g myself and is debating whether I do need a 10AE. Grey blue is attractive yet is pretty dull compare to orange, yellow and pink set which I have and I've spent enough on Topre!

Offline Mack2450

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:06:17 »
I picked this up in part because of the blue/gray.  I had thought of an EK from Elite, but felt that I'd need some easier to read keys than black on black.  The other option I thought of was EK's white-keyed 55g (recently back in stock), which would have satisfied the legibility question, but would still have left the can-I-add-some-color-to-my-life question.  Either way,  it seemed like I'd be looking at a new set of keys, which would be perhaps another $150, nearing the cost of this anniversary board.  This blue/gray seemed like it would fit the bill, especially since this is in the office, and bright orange or something might be out of place.  Looking at it in person, the colors are understated, less bright than the photo on widebasket's ebay page, but very attractive.  FWIW, the rarity factor (real or imagined) also played a role.

As for the Novatouch, it would seem to be an excellent choice (discounting of course for my noobishness with Topre switches) and the price factor is important.  Again, for me the white on black keys would need to Dolched or Granited for some color, and the cost again gets to $300 or more with no trouble.  But I'm special.   ;)

Am finding that the key action compares favorably with bs, where I am used to bottoming out, whereas the MX greens and clears seem to fight against that.  Maybe that's where the impression I get of "resistance" comes from.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:30:46 »
Aww man, I'm jealous mine is still going through US Customs...

Mack and Elrick...I will join you soon!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 19:32:25 »
Aww man, I'm jealous mine is still going through US Customs...

Mack and Elrick...I will join you soon!

You won't be disappointed with this keyboard, there are those that have ordinary Realforce's and HHKB's (yuck) but this one Model resides up here in the stratosphere of PERFECTION  :thumb: .

Not only is it quite lonely up here, because very few people actually own this keyboard compared to common HHKB rubbish which every tom, d!ck and harry seems to have.

Never buy common HHKB crap, always go for the ultra rare and a perfect example of the Thorpie Switch which has ever been made on this planet  8) .
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 August 2014, 19:34:33 by Elrick »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 19:46:20 »
Such blind fanboism if I ever see one :p

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 20:04:45 »
I seriously need to unsubscribe from this thread.  I really don't need another board. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline chiefgrillz

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 23:44:02 »
do they make the AE board with variable or 45g? or is it 55g only?

seems excessive to buy a 3rd 87u but those keycaps are nice....

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 23:59:30 »

yes they did make 45g version but I believe it's quite hard to find one.

Offline chiefgrillz

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 00:03:36 »

hmm leopold has a few different AE's listed on their site right now. i cant work out for sure but i think all of them are 55g... can anyone confirm?

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 00:06:40 »

hmm leopold has a few different AE's listed on their site right now. i cant work out for sure but i think all of them are 55g... can anyone confirm?
all sold out :/

Offline Belfong

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 00:15:12 »
I seriously need to unsubscribe from this thread.  I really don't need another board. :)
(clearing my thread)
yes you do naasfu... 55g is just so perfect to touch.. and 10AE is just so beautiful and rare! Come on, your topre skulls need a home worthy of their stature...

no, run away.... don't come here! This is a stupid thread anyway.. grey and blue is so dull

like SPH Round 4 which is just so beautiful you know...

I need to see myself out!

Offline intelli78

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 00:45:41 »
]all sold out :/

All sold to Mr. Widebasket...
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 06:56:41 »
]all sold out :/

All sold to Mr. Widebasket...

He's now selling heaps of coloured Filco's, Leopold FC750R's and some Variable 10th Anniversaries.  The guy is a true champ when it comes to supplying the REAL gear for keyboard enthusiasts worldwide  :thumb: .

Just love for once using Ebay to buy stuff NOT available from Brian (he will NEVER have these to sell), just too beautiful to experience  ;D .
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 August 2014, 06:59:31 by Elrick »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 16:29:25 »

They made a 30g uniform as well.