Author Topic: [IC] SNACKS! Kit Kats, M&Ms, etc. (CONUS)  (Read 27981 times)

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
Re: [IC] SNACKS! Kit Kats, M&Ms, etc. (CONUS)
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 14:25:55 »
Grim, on a whole other topic of Dutch doing stuff with sugar: ;)
Show Image

haha, I love all three of those. Those "vruchtenhagel" are great, but people who are not from Holland do not always love it. Aniseed has a taste that might take some getting used to :D

As a kid, whenever I ate bread (Dutch eat a lot of bread for those who don't know), I was basically eating candy every day with these kind of toppings.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 14:29:55 »
As the Dutch are chipping in, what would you like from Belgium? Chocolats are not easy to sent (huge cost on packaging last time I looked), but we have something called cuberdon https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuberdon .
Cuberdons can only be preserved for about three weeks, after which period the inside begins to crystallize. This limited preservability is the reason why cuberdons are not exported outside of Belgium (According to Wikipedia), but I can always check and maybe try to send of really fresh ones.
Gentse neuzen? Very nice! They are very tasty but quite heavy. Three of those are sure to make your stomach protest. :D
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 14:39:02 »
Grim, on a whole other topic of Dutch doing stuff with sugar: ;)
Show Image

Careful man or that awesome lava-filled orion might melt it!
Ha! I can assure you that sugar and chocolate won't look half as much fun but be twice as messy as a can of coke being eaten by lava
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline JackMills

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 15:23:06 »
And how about speculaas? Ideal for all coffee addicts as it accompanies it rather well.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 10:14:06 »
TimTams.. someone from Australia can probably explain to us why we need timtams to complete our life!  I'd like to try most of the varieties

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 10:45:00 »
Some German could supply Scho-Ka-Kola

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline gnubag

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 02:30:24 »
oh yes. green tea kit kat... and i would also like to try the mango one...and all the other ones.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 06:43:53 »
And how about speculaas? Ideal for all coffee addicts as it accompanies it rather well.

I always assumed people had their own version of speculaas in other places as well. Oh man.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline JackMills

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 07:03:28 »

I always assumed people had their own version of speculaas in other places as well. Oh man.
Me too, but I experienced that this is not always the case. I see a lot of tourists buying this in Bruges, so I guess there must be differences.

Offline kys

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 10:07:50 »
never heard of these, interested in the green tea and milk tea.  How much are they?  or would the price depend on the total quantity

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 10:18:31 »
Haven't forgotten about this, just working out the most cost efficient way of shipping everything. Pretty sure if I keep each package under 2kg it will save a fairly decent amount of money.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 10:42:01 »
Sorry I didn't request any amount - this is what I want

Kit Kat - Passion Fruit (5)
Kit Kat - Royal Milk Tea (5)
Kit Kat - Mango (5)

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 13:02:31 »
Wait, are we requesting amount orders already, or just thinking of ideas/expressing interest?

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 13:29:24 »
Just expressing interest as far as I know.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline mountainwizard

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 21:32:04 »
Definitely interested in the kit kats, not sure about amounts though.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 08:59:48 »
Wait, are we requesting amount orders already, or just thinking of ideas/expressing interest?

Just expressing interest.  I'm just keeping rough tallies to note which items are definitely popular enough to warrant a purchase.   :thumb:

Haven't forgotten about this, just working out the most cost efficient way of shipping everything. Pretty sure if I keep each package under 2kg it will save a fairly decent amount of money.

I was anticipating you would just send everything over to me in bulk and I would divy it up and add in the kit kats and things from other locations to send to the US people in one package.  Or do you have a different idea that would be better?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 09:01:50 »

Just expressing interest.  I'm just keeping rough tallies to note which items are definitely popular enough to warrant a purchase.   :thumb:

I was anticipating you would just send everything over to me in bulk and I would divy it up and add in the kit kats and things from other locations to send to the US people in one package.  Or do you have a different idea that would be better?

Oh yeah that was my plan too but our postal system is bull****. Anything over 2kg pretty much doubles the shipping cost so I'll just need to split them all up across a few different boxes to keep them under 2kg.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 09:03:00 »

Oh yeah that was my plan too but our postal system is bull****. Anything over 2kg pretty much doubles the shipping cost so I'll just need to split them all up across a few different boxes to keep them under 2kg.

Oh okay sweet.  That's really dumb, but I understand now.   :thumb:   Carry on!   :-*

Offline Mad_Doktor

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 09:25:59 »
Mmmmm, Coffee Crisp. It's good to live in Canada where Coffee Crisp (and M&Ms) are in abundance.

Put me down for a *conditional* 5 x Kit Kat Mango and 5 x Kit Kat Passion Fruit.
I need to check my local Japanese/Korean supermarkets if they have those flavours available as I know that the Strawberry variant is definitely available.

Doh, just realized it was CONUS only :(

But my supermarket does have strawberry and green tea so i have been appeased slightly.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 August 2014, 10:45:02 by Mad_Doktor »
CM QFR - Cherry Blue | CM Storm Trigger - Cherry Brown | Keycool 84 - Cherry Black | Corsair K95 - Cherry Red | IBM Model M '93

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:19:25 »
If someone can proxy me a case of Cadbury Astros I love you.  :-* [Canada]

edit: i want like 50 boxes [like individual boxes, so like 2 cases]
also, that's chef boyardee in the gif, although the same youtube channel has a can of coke

Offline velocirabbit

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:15:41 »
This is for real candy, right? Not keycaps?

I'm in if it's for candy.

Offline V1ral

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:27:22 »
I'd buy at least 5 (probably more like 10) of everything, as long as it makes it into the final GB. I love snacks and sweets.  @w@

Oh, and if it's possible to get Choco Gumimies for cheaper than 5 USD, I'd like to request that as well!
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:29:23 by V1ral »

Offline asassdsd

• Call me "Jelly"
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 21:12:41 »
Speaking of foreign sweets. I just bought 25 packs of Maltesers from Amazon. They are british Malt balls 100x better than the stupid stuff here in U.S.

One thing they do that is really smart is that they ship their product with ice packs so they dont melt. Maybe we can do something similar.
This isn't an alternative or troll account, I've been using this username for at least 10 years. Try typing it, is so fast and easy!

Recently acquired: Leopold fc660c with PBT   Currently: Bro-less    Clack-less    Mummy-less
I am currently at : Santa Cruz, CA

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 01:50:40 »
Speaking of foreign sweets. I just bought 25 packs of Maltesers from Amazon. They are british Malt balls 100x better than the stupid stuff here in U.S.

One thing they do that is really smart is that they ship their product with ice packs so they dont melt. Maybe we can do something similar.

Are you talking about these? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltesers
They're about the same as Whoppers. I need to find a better version.
For now, I want Astros so bad, can someone please let me know if we can get them into Canada? [plz someone smuggle them for me]

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 18:04:44 »
So... how's it going?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 18:09:34 »
Could you guys send stuff down here to Brazil in a boomerang or something like that? Cause I'm down with the Passion Fruit KK.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 18:17:34 »
So... how's it going?

Yes, I should be posting more updates here.  Sorry about that.

The M&M deal seems like it may not work out.  bueller had issues sending them for any cheaper than we could buy them from an Amazon proxy.  :(  But last I heard he was trying to figure out a way to ship them cheaper and make it work.

I've got some work to do with the Kit Kats, and that's on me.  I need to figure out how much it will cost to get them here, and then settle some other logistical things.  As for stroopwaffels, I had actually forgotten about them ( :eek: , I know) and will handle that soon.

So basically, I've got a lot of work to do!

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 18:23:04 »
The M&M deal seems like it may not work out.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
[IC] SNACKS! Kit Kats, M&Ms, etc. (CONUS)
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 23:46:29 »

NEVERMIND

Canada has though
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 September 2014, 23:48:14 by Halverson »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 18:22:08 »
Everyone!  I want to update this thread so you guys know I haven't forgotten.  And because I have information to share, I suppose.

I'm back from travelling and have some Coffee Crisps in hand.  It's nowhere near enough for this GB, but it did help me confirm that they are freaking delicious. 

I also have some preliminary pricing information, but only for the Coffee Crisps.

Halverson is able to purchase a case of 48 bars for around $30 (maybe $35?), and can ship them to me for *hopefully* $25.  (I did say this is very preliminary pricing info)
That means that the price to me is $1.25 per bar.  (rounding up from $1.15, to account for unexpected fees)

Everyone involved in the buy would obviously also have to pay shipping fees to their doors, but does this price range seem appealing to people?  I know that I'm willing to pay it personally, because they're so delicious, but I need some feedback from you guys.

Also, does anyone in Canada have any leads on places to get these boxes cheaper?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 18:24:55 »
Find out MOQ from nestle LOL.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 18:47:02 »
Find out MOQ from nestle LOL.

Hopefully they respond!

Offline mreverything

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 18:51:59 »
Could you guys send stuff down here to Brazil in a boomerang or something like that? Cause I'm down with the Passion Fruit KK.

KK like okay or KK like haha in Brazilian online slang? Essa gíria brasileira é demais...

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 18:52:49 »
Maybe they will just stop being silly and only offering things in certain regions for no damn reason.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 19:02:11 »
Maybe they will just stop being silly and only offering things in certain regions for no damn reason.

But but but...no way someone outside of this region will like this flavor.  Unthinkable!  :))

Offline divito

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 21:46:08 »
Everyone!  I want to update this thread so you guys know I haven't forgotten.  And because I have information to share, I suppose.

I'm back from travelling and have some Coffee Crisps in hand.  It's nowhere near enough for this GB, but it did help me confirm that they are freaking delicious. 

I also have some preliminary pricing information, but only for the Coffee Crisps.

Halverson is able to purchase a case of 48 bars for around $30 (maybe $35?), and can ship them to me for *hopefully* $25.  (I did say this is very preliminary pricing info)
That means that the price to me is $1.25 per bar.  (rounding up from $1.15, to account for unexpected fees)

Everyone involved in the buy would obviously also have to pay shipping fees to their doors, but does this price range seem appealing to people?  I know that I'm willing to pay it personally, because they're so delicious, but I need some feedback from you guys.

Also, does anyone in Canada have any leads on places to get these boxes cheaper?

Is he getting them from Costco? If I remember correctly, the 48 pack is roughly $30 as you stated. My membership just expired, so I'll need to renew before I can test that out.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 22:04:41 »

So there is a dollar store near me that sells full sized chocolate bars for $0.67. Maybe asking one of them if they would do a deal for a whole box?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 19:02:48 »
Is he getting them from Costco? If I remember correctly, the 48 pack is roughly $30 as you stated. My membership just expired, so I'll need to renew before I can test that out.

Yep!  That's exactly right.   :thumb:

So there is a dollar store near me that sells full sized chocolate bars for $0.67. Maybe asking one of them if they would do a deal for a whole box?

Well?! What are you waiting for??   :-*   pls halp

Offline elton5354

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 19:07:51 »
I like their new latte flavour..

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 19:41:22 »

Yep!  That's exactly right.   :thumb:

Well?! What are you waiting for??   :-*   pls halp

What kind of timeline are we looking at?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 19:43:01 »
What kind of timeline are we looking at?

Excellent question.  We're only in the IC phase of the buy, so it's still a month out at least I figure.  But if you're able to secure some great pricing, I would strongly consider just throwing down a bunch of my own money and essentially selling them at cost to others.

Offline divito

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 23:22:19 »

Dollar stores and their food are usually creeping closer to the best before date. If you happen to try this (and I can check locally as well), we just need to make sure what we're getting is not going to hamper the quality for our fellow GHers.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 September 2014, 02:07:40 by divito »
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 23:26:11 »

Dollar stores and their food are usually creeping closer to the best before date. If you happen to try this (and I can check locally as well), we just need to make sure we're getting that's not going to hamper the quality for our fellow GHers.

Good call. That is definitely an issue. If we go through this route, the quality wont be as good as costco. I have had some of their stuff before and some of the bars taste normal, others taste a little stale.

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 15:19:28 »
Any updates, Hoff? I want my sugary goods!

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 15:29:55 »
I love dark chocolate, anything with dark chocolate?
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline graefeln

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 17:36:35 »
I noticed the desire for crispy m&ms in the OP and wanted to mention that several websites are claiming that Mars is bringing them back come January (2015).

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 17:42:26 »
So, since halloween is coming around the corner, apparently "halloween edition" coffee crisps are out again. :P

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 17:56:54 »
So, since halloween is coming around the corner, apparently "halloween edition" coffee crisps are out again. :P

Show Image

OH MY GOD.

Man, this picture reminded me of a popsicle that used to exist here in Brazil (90's).

It was black with a red cream inside it, can't remember the name.

My god, it was delicious, there's probably 17 years or something that I last ate one, they're gone for almost 2 decades by this time.

The memories...

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 20:25:11 »

Show Image

Awesome! COFFIN CRISP!

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:33:23 »

Show Image

Awesome! COFFIN CRISP!

If you didn't point out "Coffin", I wouldn't have noticed it. LOL
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent