Author Topic: Just Pre-ordered Ducky Mini  (Read 10679 times)

Offline Aidenknives

Just Pre-ordered Ducky Mini
« on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 20:19:45 »
Went with the gunmetal gray with MX Reds! - http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=953 I just wish there were more high quality vids/photos of the gunmetal gray case. I just think the silver would be too flashy of a case for me but it is sexy at the same time :p What do you guys think?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: Just Pre-ordered Ducky Mini
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 20:22:41 »
Good call with the gunmetal grey dude.  My ducky mini 1 has MX Reds! Fun switches!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 20:23:06 »
Is this programmable?

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 20:23:52 »
Is this programmable?
I don't think there is a Pn layer but here is a very detailed video about the board -

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 20:23:54 »
The 1 is programmable so I assume the 2 is? Edit, wow that stinks man.. They keep messing the mini up more and more..

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 20:24:59 »
Good call with the gunmetal grey dude.  My ducky mini 1 has MX Reds! Fun switches!
You like the gunmetal gray more? How come? I just typically have darker PC Peripherals so I think the silver would look odd with my set up.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 20:25:30 »
You like the gunmetal gray more? How come? I just typically have darker PC Peripherals so I think the silver would look odd with my set up.

All of my cases are black so the darker the better!

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 20:26:22 »

All of my cases are black so the darker the better!
Yeah that is my mentality! I can't wait for this board after watching the vid I previously linked!

Offline paobit

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 20:28:40 »
Hmm I was about to get this board til I found geekhack.org and got a GON lol.

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 20:34:26 »
We are on geekhack? And not really a fan.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 20:35:18 »

Get both! Thats what I did.  :thumb:

Offline paobit

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 20:38:38 »

Yeah I only recently found out about this forum

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 21:37:14 »
Went with the gunmetal gray with MX Reds! - http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=953 I just wish there were more high quality vids/photos of the gunmetal gray case. I just think the silver would be too flashy of a case for me but it is sexy at the same time :p What do you guys think?

And now your wait begins :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 21:44:19 »
Y U NO HHKB TYPE S?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 21:44:44 »
When you get it please share feedback on the mouse functionality. I have not been able to find anything on that yet.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 22:10:47 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 23:16:02 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 23:52:15 »
Y U NO HHKB TYPE S?

Maybe doesn't like the whistling sound?
Web page not available Rowdy!  :(

Oops!  I'm such a newb at copy/paste :))

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60477.0
Honestly, I would love to try an HHKB or at least a Topre board but they are just out of my price range for a keyboard. I would rather spend the 200 decking out a cherry MX board...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 00:02:15 »
Y U NO HHKB TYPE S?

Honestly, I would love to try an HHKB or at least a Topre board but they are just out of my price range for a keyboard. I would rather spend the 200 decking out a cherry MX board...

I was lucky - I found mine on eBay for $200 shipped!

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 00:25:03 »
Y U NO HHKB TYPE S?

Damn.... I mean how much "better" are topre switches to MX?

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 01:01:36 »
Y U NO HHKB TYPE S?

This is not my analogy.
Cherry MX is like losing your virginity.
Topre is like losing your virginity to a supermodel.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 01:45:43 »
Y U NO HHKB TYPE S?

That is entirely subjective.

Many people absolutely love Topre.  Some hate them.  Some are middle of the road.

If you do get the chance to try Topre, you need to give yourself a week or two with the board to really get the feel for it, as Topre is quite different to MX.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 04:55:43 »
I have a ducky mini v1 and it's awesome.

I can't believe the v2 isn't programmable! Taken a step back there imo.
I got boards.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 09:21:38 »

Yeah.. Come on Ducky! :/

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 09:37:01 »

But isn't that just because the V1 is a poker 2 with ducky written on it? :P

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 09:40:47 »

But isn't that just because the V1 is a poker 2 with ducky written on it? :P

Maybe  ^-^ I just love the cute lil duck logo!

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 10:21:26 »

This really isn't an issue for me because most of the poker II issues have been fixed for me. The big one being the Fn layer arrow cluster now on the right side of the board. Also the ability to change function keys and a lot of others without using annoying DIP switches and having to restart my pc! :)

Offline Hitcha

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 20:28:31 »
I agree that the grey looks better than the silver. You should write up a review once it arrives and you thoroughly  test it!
Full Metal Poker II - http://imgur.com/a/xK2Uv

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 10:08:59 »

You should write up a review once it arrives and you thoroughly  test it!

This!
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline jameslr

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 10:25:45 »
This is not my analogy.

I disagree with this analogy. Supermodels are too boney. Topre is full of cushiony goodness. More cushion for the pushin'! Gimme a nice, thick, curvy girl any day over boy-like supermodels.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:05:37 »
This is not my analogy.

I disagree with this analogy. Supermodels are too boney. Topre is full of cushiony goodness. More cushion for the pushin'! Gimme a nice, thick, curvy girl any day over boy-like supermodels.
I like MX reds and big boobs so is topre an option? And I will definitely be reviewing the board if it blows my mind like I think it's going to!

Offline jameslr

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:07:31 »
This is not my analogy.

I like MX reds and big boobs so is topre an option? And I will definitely be reviewing the board if it blows my mind like I think it's going to!
Topre 45g is equivalent in weight to MX red. I think you would approve.

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:08:37 »
This is not my analogy.

Too bad it's double the price and I am on a college student's budget...

Offline jameslr

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:24:59 »

You could get a used FC660C for just slightly more than you're paying for that Ducky Mini.

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:27:11 »

You could get a used FC660C for just slightly more than you're paying for that Ducky Mini.
If I ever get tired of the Ducky Mini (Lol) I will look into it!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 05:25:05 »

But at least it's using the Fn layer of the Pure. Best 60% Fn layer IMHO. I wonder if it also has the togglable arrow cluster. Or if the left Win can be switched to Fn like the Pure.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 07:18:55 »
This is not my analogy.

Heh. And what then BS boards? Losing you virginity to a wild Amazon? :)

P.S. Like this Ducky Mini. But I already have Poker II.Sigh. But... Is it exists in MX Green variety?
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:40:46 »

But at least it's using the Fn layer of the Pure. Best 60% Fn layer IMHO. I wonder if it also has the togglable arrow cluster. Or if the left Win can be switched to Fn like the Pure.
You can program any windows/alt/control to up to two different Fn keys. :)

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 09:53:53 »
fyi i have this keyboard in the same color as well as MX red.
Its pretty sweet
very well built too

mine came with the carry case

Has both blue and red LEDs so you can create diff shades.  i have mine a bright purple
i took a vid of its demoing all the different colors it can do:

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 17:37:32 »
Its pretty sweet
very well built too
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Has both blue and red LEDs so you can create diff shades.  i have mine a bright purple
HOW?! Seriously where did you get that?

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 18:46:57 »
This is not my analogy.

This is not my analogy.

Lmao.
Welcome to club Topre <3

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 23:57:03 »
Its pretty sweet
very well built too
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

the keyboard's released in asia.  just mechkeyboards won't get theirs until end of august.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 00:46:25 »
the keyboard's released in asia.  just mechkeyboards won't get theirs until end of august.
I'm in Asia, the local distributer says ETA is end-of-month'ish.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 01:37:07 »

You can program any windows/alt/control to up to two different Fn keys. :)

Nice!

Almost as good as a Pure then, just without both Esc and `~ being on default layer and togglable arrow cluster.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 10:44:27 »
Its pretty sweet
very well built too
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is that case gunmetal gray or silver? Sorry photos don't do this board justice!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:07:30 »
https://www.facebook.com/117547488320354/photos/a.117548801653556.22498.117547488320354/702166829858414/?type=1&theater

Ducky Year of the Horse Edition keyboard is built upon the basis Ducky Mini, with the addition of a full CNC aluminum clad exterior.

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 12:48:18 »
https://www.facebook.com/117547488320354/photos/a.117548801653556.22498.117547488320354/702166829858414/?type=1&theater

Ducky Year of the Horse Edition keyboard is built upon the basis Ducky Mini, with the addition of a full CNC aluminum clad exterior.
Too bad that case is horrendous.... IMO the mini looks better and it will be heavy enough so...

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 23:51:33 »
I'm in Asia, the local distributer says ETA is end-of-month'ish.

i assure you i walked into a store and bought it, they had many other switches available and both silver and gunmetal gray available too

Its pretty sweet
very well built too
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is that case gunmetal gray or silver? Sorry photos don't do this board justice!

its gunmetal gray
comparison to my HTC One M8 Gunmetal
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 August 2014, 23:58:21 by IPT »