Author Topic: the photography thread!  (Read 5182 times)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
the photography thread!
« on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 08:21:45 »
post pics you've taken, simple as that :D
i'll start off with this trick (i tried doing on my phone without edits)
74024-0
i'll be really careful here because i can fill an sd card in like a day  :p
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 August 2014, 12:48:26 by paicrai »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: the photography thread!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 15:13:29 »
There are dozens of picture threads, including Keycap & Keyboard Photography, Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!, Post your life any pictures ! and city and colour, including many dedicated to a single topic.

How are you anticipating that this thread will differ from any of those?

And why is this in Off Topic rather than Media?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 15:30:38 »
because this is a "don't wank over your gear for once" photo thread, and isn't super specific
the first two you mentioned is gear wank
the third is mostly getting gear to wank over or something that happened
the last one is about one type of subject

and mods, feel free to move it
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline iri

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 15:37:22 »
okay, i'll start.
this one's name is "everyone have their own boat"

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 15:44:29 »
because this is a "don't wank over your gear for once" photo thread, and isn't super specific

Don't wank over your own photos.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 15:49:26 »
My collection of mini turtles set up to be swirling in a bowl...

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 16:44:04 »
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 16:54:00 »

Don't wank over your own photos.
sorry man i just felt like printing 1600 pics and punch my ****
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 17:07:58 »
74068-0

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 17:55:30 »
Gave Pixel a bath a few days back. She was not amused.
74074-0

Offline iri

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 23:27:36 »
night at the seaside

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 00:00:17 »

Llyn Idwal, a place near me. One of the first photos I took with my D3100 :p
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 02:54:00 »

Show Image

Llyn Idwal, a place near me. One of the first photos I took with my D3100 :p
that place is hella purrdy :o
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline iri

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 03:13:29 »
i imagine meself flooding this thread with pictures of sea and photekq doing the same with pictures of forestless mountains.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 03:25:58 »
If my **** wasn't a mere mighty 2 centimeters I would have posted images of my schlong by now.

Edit: well I guess there's nothing schlong about it :/ at 2 cm.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 03:37:13 »

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 04:17:51 »
phone potatos!
74097-0
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 04:23:18 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
the photography thread!
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 04:37:53 »

Legit unedited photo of a tube head.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 04:55:48 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:16:48 »

« Last Edit: Sat, 04 October 2014, 12:41:43 by epzy »
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline iri

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:22:37 »
russian navy. be afraid, be very afraid. this yacht has like a gazillion warheads on board.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:35:36 »
Show Image
DSC_3016 by epzyy, on Flickr

Show Image
DSC_3012 by epzyy, on Flickr
Did you know, venus fly traps are only found natively where I live (~60 mile radius)

Kinda interesting :P

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:36:54 »
Show Image

Show Image
Did you know, venus fly traps are only found natively where I live (~60 mile radius)

Hah nope, didn't know that! =D
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:42:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

venus fly traps are so coolio, congrats epzy!
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:43:25 »

Show Image

Show Image

venus fly traps are so coolio, congrats epzy!

Lol thanks, they scare me. :P

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:52:06 »
74199-0

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:59:20 »
I've posted these so many times in so many places here, but whatever, I'll do it again...

Light Paintings:

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline iri

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 04:46:10 »
it's just an agava on the 60th parallel.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 05:03:49 »
hope this isn't too large, i took this last winter
75542-0
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline iri

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 06:04:18 »
russian police. much brutal, many oppressing.

russian military. be afraid, be very afraid.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 19:16:28 »
russian police. much brutal, many oppressing.

Show Image

russian military. be afraid, be very afraid.

Show Image

Where can I sign up for this brutal oppression and fear?
This seems better than Obamafear

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 19:21:41 »
Show Image

Show Image
great macro shots  :thumb:
I've posted these so many times in so many places here, but whatever, I'll do it again...

Light Paintings:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

those are some cool effects, I am assuming you used a tripod with slow shutter speed?

Offline iri

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 16:04:59 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 16:13:51 »
My roommates took apart and old TV. We used it as a huge magnifying glass to set stuff on fire and burn holes into beer cans

Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 17:58:55 »
I love the light painting. ^_^

My favorite flower <3 Just an old Nikon D70 here...

c h e r

Offline iri

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 05:50:28 »
In Saint Petersburg's usual yard, covered Lamborghini gets along with uncovered Rolls-Royce and a bicycle on the balcony.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bianco

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 06:27:09 »
mid autumn/lantern festival a few days ago

Offline iri

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 06:46:11 »
СИНГАПОРЕ, lol. ХУЯПОРЕ!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bianco

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 06:52:07 »
СИНГАПОРЕ, lol. ХУЯПОРЕ!

Offline iri

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 04:36:27 »
spotting flying objects.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:40:22 »
Went to an iron pour on campus a couple days ago. Cool thing about iron, when in it's liquid state, it flows faster than water

2400 F

Inside the 2400F furnace

The pouring cup

Sparks coming from something they put into the iron to make the slag more sticky to make it easier to remove before pouring

Leak in one of the molds. Cup keeps refilling and someone with a bronze block tries to cool the leak spot to stop the lean

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:43:51 »
Me turning another bowl. I wish the lighting was better so I could up my shutter speed a bit more. ISO was already 1600 and I typically don't like to go above 400 unless I have to.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 02:53:32 »
That is awesome Beast. I wish I could do **** like that with my hands.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 21:21:42 »
82394-0