Author Topic: [IC] Granite Round 2  (Read 247792 times)

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
Re: [IC] Granite Round 2
« Reply #1100 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 19:52:30 »
Yes, women can't understand this obsession we have.  Although keep reminding them of their own infatuation for clothing and shoes  :thumb: .

In the end it comes down to what can be provided for her (as well) to accept your hobby, hence everything shall be kept discreet and cordial around your own home.

Gee, thanks a lot for taking the exclusionary attitude. Really helps me realize I'm an outsider here. Would have forgotten that, were not for you kindly pointing it out for my simple clothing obsessed mind.

Offline xybre

• clickityclackclickityclack
    • Music and Stuff
« Reply #1101 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 20:21:25 »
Yes, women can't understand this obsession we have.  Although keep reminding them of their own infatuation for clothing and shoes  :thumb: .

In the end it comes down to what can be provided for her (as well) to accept your hobby, hence everything shall be kept discreet and cordial around your own home.

Gee, thanks a lot for taking the exclusionary attitude. Really helps me realize I'm an outsider here. Would have forgotten that, were not for you kindly pointing it out for my simple clothing obsessed mind.

There's more than enough people on GH any given day for there to be a significant diversity of people, ethnicities, and genders. It's certainly not a monoculture here.

However, significant others of any sort tend to be the ones who have to deal with the quirks of their mates more than anyone else. But unless they're really boring they have their own obsessions and quirks too. (attempting to generalize the statement)
GON NerD 60 & Duck Eagle & Unicomp Ultra Classic & Das Keyboard Ultimate

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1102 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 21:37:17 »
Would have forgotten that, were not for you kindly pointing it out for my simple clothing obsessed mind.

It would be brilliant if it was ONLY for these items alone but it's not.   Also include holidays, furnishings, cars, jewelery, hair care, manicures/pedicures, you name it.  Everything that she requires is supplied, hence our obsession with ONLY keyboards and key-caps is quite economical in total outlay of cash per month.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 October 2014, 21:39:33 by Elrick »

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #1103 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 21:40:42 »
Would have forgotten that, were not for you kindly pointing it out for my simple clothing obsessed mind.

It would be brilliant if it was ONLY for these items alone but it's not.   Also include holidays, furnishings, cars, jewelery, hair care, manicures/pedicures, you name it.  Everything that she requires is supplied, hence our obsession with ONLY keyboards and key-caps is quite economical in total outlay of cash per month.
Dude, what the ****? Give the chauvinist bull**** a rest already, and stop with the “us” vs “them”.

If you have a needy materialistic girlfriend / you can’t see eye to eye on fashion or budgets, that’s between you and her; it’s not okay to defame 50% of the people on the planet on account of your own unhappy relationship(s).

And it’s especially not okay on a forum that is about a totally unrelated topic; it creates a hostile and exclusionary atmosphere, when we want to be welcoming of everyone.

[If you really want to have a discussion of gender relations and relationships, make a new thread in the off topic subforum, though I would recommend against it as I don’t expect you’ll get very productive feedback.]
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 October 2014, 21:47:04 by jacobolus »

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #1104 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 22:45:27 »
I don't understand why I put so much money on keyboards...
Haha so true! :D

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is a big deal? Is 2 months extra really that long to have to wait? My only hope is that they aren't rushing things to try to meet arbitrary deadlines. I would much rather them take their time and churn out a quality product than rush to meet demand and receive a box of ****.

+1
Just order more things, youll forget about this :) And get a happy surprise
This is the Geekhack way - just order so much crap you never know what's going to show up in the mail! My finances have been a disaster since finding this place  :))
haha same here! my girlfriend doesn't understand why i put so much money on keyboards  ;D

well I could be a women that likes keyboards who had a girlfriend. How do you know if I am a man or a women. I am a man but I just pointing it out.
Girls can also like tech things. Just so you know :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 October 2014, 22:50:01 by tyvar1 »

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1105 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 23:50:29 »
Am I the only one who doesn't think this is a big deal? Is 2 months extra really that long to have to wait? My only hope is that they aren't rushing things to try to meet arbitrary deadlines. I would much rather them take their time and churn out a quality product than rush to meet demand and receive a box of ****.

+1
This is the Geekhack way - just order so much crap you never know what's going to show up in the mail! My finances have been a disaster since finding this place  :))
haha same here! my girlfriend doesn't understand why i put so much money on keyboards  ;D

Elrick I admire your dedication and passion for mechanical keyboards and this great forum but that attitude is a very negative one. Mechanical keyboards and keycaps are not just for guys they are for whoever finds joy in them. I don't think it is a good reflection upon yourself or this community to be saying chauvinistic things such as that. If what you said is truly your belief than fine, but I would prefer you not say things like that out in public.

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #1106 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 14:31:30 »

+1

Elrick I admire your dedication and passion for mechanical keyboards and this great forum but that attitude is a very negative one. Mechanical keyboards and keycaps are not just for guys they are for whoever finds joy in them. I don't think it is a good reflection upon yourself or this community to be saying chauvinistic things such as that. If what you said is truly your belief than fine, but I would prefer you not say things like that out in public.

Yeah, it's condescending in addition to being bull****. We're worse off as a community when people spout off worthless crap like that.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #1107 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 14:40:39 »

+1

Yeah, it's condescending in addition to being bull****. We're worse off as a community when people spout off worthless crap like that.

That is a bit harsh, in MOST cases it is actually true, a woman will ask you why you need so many keyboards, and you will ask them why they need so many purses or shoes. It can also be the other way around, but again MOST cases are not.

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #1108 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 14:54:39 »
Why do you even start talking about this? It is just waste of time! Women can like keyboards, tech, games etc and men can like shoes,jewelery, hair care, manicures/pedicures etc. Split in up genders is just stupid everyone can like everything.
This is a good community and everyone is welcome. :D let's stop talking about this and let's start talking about this wonderful keycap set that I am looking insanely forward to :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 October 2014, 14:58:46 by tyvar1 »

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #1109 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 14:56:42 »

+1

That is a bit harsh, in MOST cases it is actually true, a woman will ask you why you need so many keyboards, and you will ask them why they need so many purses or shoes. It can also be the other way around, but again MOST cases are not.

Doesn't matter. It's a stupid generalization that women will ask you why you need so many keyboards. Most men wouldn't understand why we need so many keyboards either. Limiting the generalization to women and bringing in clothing and shoes is totally chauvinistic.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #1110 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 15:00:48 »
Doesn't matter. It's a stupid generalization that women will ask you why you need so many keyboards. Most men wouldn't understand why we need so many keyboards either. Limiting the generalization to women and bringing in clothing and shoes is totally chauvinistic.
Truth.
None of my friends get this hobby. male or female, nerd or non-nerd.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #1111 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 15:01:33 »
Why do you even start talking about this? It is just waste of time! Women can like keyboards, tech, games etc and men can like shoes,jewelery, hair care, manicures/pedicures etx. This is a good community and everyone is welcome. :D let's stop talking about this and let's start talking about this wonderful keycap set that I am looking insanely forward to :)

:thumb:

Anecdotally, as someone in the software industry I know a fair number of women who are enthusiasts and appreciate mechanical boards. Generalizations don't go over well with them and some of the things said in this thread would actively drive them away from this community. I just think it's important to point out that not all of us share that line of thinking here.

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #1112 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 15:02:24 »
Truth.
Haha same here! All of my friends thinks it's stupid that I spend so much money on keyboards ;)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1113 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 15:57:02 »
Truth.
Haha same here! All of my friends thinks it's stupid that I spend so much money on keyboards ;)

I also think its stupid how much I spent on granite, yet I still forgot to purchase one of the sets I needed haha. Very poor foresight on my end.

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #1114 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 16:08:49 »
Truth.

I also think its stupid how much I spent on granite, yet I still forgot to purchase one of the sets I needed haha. Very poor foresight on my end.

Same. The timing was just slightly off for me. I thought I got everything that I needed and then the Planck interest check dropped just a few weeks after Granite closed. Now I'm going to have to wait for a round 3 so that I can pick up a second specialty keyboard kit to get all the 1u legends that I need!

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1115 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 16:11:58 »
Truth.

Same. The timing was just slightly off for me. I thought I got everything that I needed and then the Planck interest check dropped just a few weeks after Granite closed. Now I'm going to have to wait for a round 3 so that I can pick up a second specialty keyboard kit to get all the 1u legends that I need!

Yup hopefully the market will have a few of the text pro mod kit. I really need it for my GON HHKB.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1116 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 16:17:45 »
Truth.
Most of my friends still don't understand the obsession, and my co-workers started out thinking I was totally nuts, but now they're like "cool keyboards mang!"

I sold my QFR to one of them, which he gave to his son, then he got his wife a mechanical from Monoprice. I gave him the keycap itch by hooking up a Stormtrooper & Empire key from Ivan's GB; now he wants more "Star Wars buttons" :))
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1117 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 16:49:16 »
Truth.
Most of my friends still don't understand the obsession, and my co-workers started out thinking I was totally nuts, but now they're like "cool keyboards mang!"

I sold my QFR to one of them, which he gave to his son, then he got his wife a mechanical from Monoprice. I gave him the keycap itch by hooking up a Stormtrooper & Empire key from Ivan's GB; now he wants more "Star Wars buttons" :))

Oh man he is hooked. Have you shown him wallethack yet?

Offline xybre

• clickityclackclickityclack
    • Music and Stuff
« Reply #1118 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 03:48:39 »
Truth.

Back when I had just a Das (and worked in an office instead of at home) my boss said he found it comforting because he could hear my typing through the entire office. :D
GON NerD 60 & Duck Eagle & Unicomp Ultra Classic & Das Keyboard Ultimate

Offline Delete

« Reply #1119 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 03:42:18 »
 :eek: :eek: :eek:
Not cool

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #1120 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 03:51:13 »

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1121 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 10:08:03 »
Truth.

Oh man he is hooked. Have you shown him wallethack yet?
Hehehe not yet, not sure if I want them to know the full extent of my keyboard addiction ;)
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #1122 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 15:46:03 »
Is there a way to get a 6u (preferably PBT) spacebar from anywhere for the infinity or other HHKB inspired layouts?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1123 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 16:14:17 »
they don't have 6u in PBT unfortunately. if ABS is good for you, you can try to ask SP if they have some spares.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1124 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 16:57:13 »
If somehow they end up with an extra 1.75 Shift could you let me know ?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #1125 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 17:25:59 »
they don't have 6u in PBT unfortunately. if ABS is good for you, you can try to ask SP if they have some spares.

This description seems to say they do https://www.massdrop.com/buy/infinity-keyboard-kit

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1126 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 01:35:35 »
for Granite R2 I had to add a 6u ABS spacebar because they missed that size in PBT. Considering that SP needs 4 weeks to make a new mold, I hardly believe they now have the tooling for that size.

Offline renne

« Reply #1127 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 04:52:23 »
Anyone here would like to sell his order? Please contact me, I'm really interested in this set.

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #1128 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 11:13:07 »
Very interested in a Granite set, whether it's used, another round of group buy, or whatever.

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but the system of tracking group buys is super confusing. Is there one place I can see what's coming and put my vote / purchase order in in an organized way — vs. just trolling through threads (some of which have weird sexist tangents, yikes) and trying to figure out what's going on?
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 October 2014, 11:17:47 by dchadwick »

Offline Cherry1990

« Reply #1129 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 16:58:22 »
I am VERY interested in a new Granite set, over all if it will have the (in)famous original Cherry "off center" Space Bar. I have some G80-3000 with faded laser etched PBT keycaps to replace... Both ANSI and Italian layouts.
Thank you! ;)
PBT forever!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1130 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 17:32:39 »
Very interested in a Granite set, whether it's used, another round of group buy, or whatever.

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but the system of tracking group buys is super confusing. Is there one place I can see what's coming and put my vote / purchase order in in an organized way — vs. just trolling through threads (some of which have weird sexist tangents, yikes) and trying to figure out what's going on?

Check this link. It has a list of all GBs.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1131 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 17:50:56 »
Is there a way to get a 6u (preferably PBT) spacebar from anywhere for the infinity or other HHKB inspired layouts?

I am afraid that the best way to go is to get the Infinity in standard design. From my humble point of view, there is no advantage in the Hacker design vs the Standard design, and the first has the issue of the special space bar size.

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #1132 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 21:02:21 »
Check this link. It has a list of all GBs.

Thanks! I've since discovered that thread and it's immensely helpful.

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #1133 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 17:19:04 »
fyi

Hi All,
We spoke to our contact earlier today and have updated news for you! The vendor will be sending over a batch of shipments next week. They are still producing these so finally tallies are unavailable, but we will let you guys know what to expect as soon as these arrive. We will keep you posted on this batch and the outstanding orders throughout the process.
Thanks for your patience and expect an update from us on 11/6 or sooner if something comes up.

Offline 01111000

« Reply #1134 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 21:26:08 »
So many people are going to be butthurt if they aren't sent their keysets in this first batch.  I think the best thing for them to do is to simply wait until all the keycaps are finished production.
Poker 2 w/ MX Clears | Ducky Shine 3 w/ MX Blues | CM Novatouch

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #1135 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 21:26:37 »
fyi

Hi All,
We spoke to our contact earlier today and have updated news for you! The vendor will be sending over a batch of shipments next week. They are still producing these so finally tallies are unavailable, but we will let you guys know what to expect as soon as these arrive. We will keep you posted on this batch and the outstanding orders throughout the process.
Thanks for your patience and expect an update from us on 11/6 or sooner if something comes up.

As one of the first 50 buyers I really hope I get sent one of the first orders. if Mass Drop sends out CONUS first then International I'll be super pissed.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1136 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 21:33:59 »
So many people are going to be butthurt if they aren't sent their keysets in this first batch.  I think the best thing for them to do is to simply wait until all the keycaps are finished production.

Truer words have never be spoken.

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #1137 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 10:03:31 »
For what its worth Massdrop's inventory system is a complete unknown, in my personal experience they don't really do first in first out order shipments - mostly random

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #1138 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 13:03:48 »
Best system is a random system?

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1139 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 13:39:09 »

If you're last in, yes. If you're an early bird...frustrating.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #1140 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 15:11:26 »

Of the 2k people that joined, I was 42nd.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1141 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 16:13:10 »
I know that feeling dude
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #1142 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 16:55:53 »

Of the 2k people that joined, I was 42nd.
Really?
How can you tell?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1143 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 20:51:31 »
If you comment on MassDrop, there is a star next to your name if you are in the drop. If you hover over it then you see "46th participant in this drop".

Anyway, one day in the future my Granite dreams will come true.... one day  :)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1144 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 21:02:14 »
If you comment on MassDrop, there is a star next to your name if you are in the drop. If you hover over it then you see "46th participant in this drop".

Anyway, one day in the future my Granite dreams will come true.... one day  :)

Participant #654 checking in  :cool:

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline codymaust

« Reply #1145 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 23:46:27 »
Really hoping I can find someone selling a Windows kit...

Offline EpicFlyingBulbz

« Reply #1146 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 08:22:29 »
Really hoping I can find someone selling a Windows kit...

Are you after a whole set or just a few keys?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1147 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 12:26:59 »
In need of a 1.75 shift . And would like few others keys ,  check here : http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63666.0
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Jersern

• Australian Keyboard Modding and Repair Service
« Reply #1148 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 02:51:00 »
I'm looking for a full kit (TKL or 10Key is fine.)  :)

Offline Cherry1990

« Reply #1149 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 14:53:02 »
What is the minimum number of people for Signature Plastics to start a new round?
PBT forever!