Author Topic: Riots in Saint Louis!  (Read 27336 times)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
Re: Riots in Saint Louis!
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 06:34:26 »
Some of the stories out of Ferguson say that protestors helped to protect businesses targeted by looters -- when police were ordered to stand down and let it all happen. A lot of these looters, supposedly, are from nearby neighborhoods and have nothing to do with the protestors.

75027-0

How does looting have anything to do with justice?
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 06:40:20 »
Some of the stories out of Ferguson say that protestors helped to protect businesses targeted by looters -- when police were ordered to stand down and let it all happen. A lot of these looters, supposedly, are from nearby neighborhoods and have nothing to do with the protestors.

(Attachment Link)

The media has kinda blown the looting thing out of proportion. But yes, most of them are just delinquents from neighboring towns looking to capitalize on the chaos
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline iri

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 07:04:45 »
prepare your tinfoil hats.

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 07:10:51 »

Show Image

Clearly legit, who else would be wearing a suit coat and tie in that crowd. I just really hope nothing goes nuclear because I'm not that far away from there.

Here's another very, very legit picture

75031-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 August 2014, 07:13:28 by SpAmRaY »

Offline osi

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 07:11:09 »

Show Image

Iri

That is just edward norton circled in red on the left lol

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 07:26:20 »
according to US police:
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 07:53:01 »
according to US police:
(Attachment Link)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and Native Americans and Asians 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most murders were intraracial, with 84% of white homicide victims murdered by whites, and 93% of black victims murdered by blacks.

The sad truth is that if a black person kills another black person (which apparently is very common), black people in general (and the media in particular) don't really give a ****. The media cares only if its a white shooter, because then they get to indulge in their favorite bull**** narrative about 'race in America'. This whole thing is just a racket.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 08:00:34 »
according to US police:
(Attachment Link)

According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and Native Americans and Asians 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most murders were intraracial, with 84% of white homicide victims murdered by whites, and 93% of black victims murdered by blacks.

The sad truth is that if a black person kills another black person (which apparently is very common), black people in general (and the media in particular) don't really give a ****. The media cares only if its a white shooter, because then they get to indulge in their favorite bull**** narrative about 'race in America'. This whole thing is just a racket.
and a flip, and a flop- OOOOHH WIPEOUT
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 08:31:09 »
Lol

(Attachment Link)

The media has kinda blown the looting thing out of proportion. But yes, most of them are just delinquents from neighboring towns looking to capitalize on the chaos

Why this is such a foreign concept for some blows my mind.

People taking advantage of chaos to loot is nothing new.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 August 2014, 08:41:01 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 10:39:11 »
More than a dozen witnesses corroborate cops story: https://twitter.com/ChristineDByers/statuses/501556693382094848

More

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 10:42:03 »
More than a dozen witnesses corroborate cops story: https://twitter.com/ChristineDByers/statuses/501556693382094848

Krog shut up, quit being racists.  ::)

Just like the conversation accidentally recorded right after it happened that corroborated the cops story.

Honestly it doesn't matter what happened at this point or what the truth is, nobody cares about the truth.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 10:46:11 »
btw there's a bunch of white people on the cop's side that look just like you'd expect protesting against the protesters, not heard anything about them being shot or teargassed
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 10:58:17 »
btw there's a bunch of white people on the cop's side that look just like you'd expect protesting against the protesters, not heard anything about them being shot or teargassed

Are they doing it at night while burning anything down?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:04:10 »

Cop apologists.

Worst part about this?

Al Sharpton. He is no different than racists. Thrives on making everything a racial issue because without it he is irrelevant.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:07:57 »
according to US police:
(Attachment Link)

Isn't race just part of the issue? Isn't the bigger problem the fact that, not only did a policeman shoot and unarmed man and killed him, but the police then went full 1984 on the town and actively attacked and shutdown any attempt to report the situation?

Given that towns seeming local issues with race and discrimination the protesting seems perfectly legitimate, the polices response however wasn't as they happily broke laws they are suppose to protect, wasn't.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:11:25 by baldgye »

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:09:05 »
I think the police department in Fergusen needs to be disbanded and abolished.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:10:55 »

Cop apologists.

Worst part about this?

Al Sharpton. He is no different than racists. Thrives on making everything a racial issue because without it he is irrelevant.
It's gotten to a point where the mainstream media have become just as big of offenders when it comes to race-baiting as people like al sharpton and jesse jackson. "Wait, what's this? He wore basketball jerseys? Probably some kind of gangbanger delinquent"

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:11:55 »

Why not just get rid of police everywhere that seems to be a much better solution.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:12:49 »

Why not just get rid of police everywhere that seems to be a much better solution.

And then replace them with the army! Oh wait...

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:13:26 »

Great idea there! Let's replace the police with robots that run Windows 98.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:13:46 »

Or don't give them access to ****ing military equipment. Politicians seem to be against militarizing police now, but a few months ago when a bill was introduced the lessen their access to military grade equipment they pretty much unanimously shot it down

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:15:20 »
I think Ferguson should probably be considered end of life too.. End of support for Ferguson effectively immediately.

Every Windows product town has a lifecycle. The lifecycle begins when a product is released a town is formed and ends when it's no longer supported. Knowing key dates in this lifecycle helps you make informed decisions about when to upgrade or make other changes to your software town.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:16:27 »

Or don't give them access to ****ing military equipment. Politicians seem to be against militarizing police now, but a few months ago when a bill was introduced the lessen their access to military grade equipment they pretty much unanimously shot it down

Again politicians do whatever they think makes them look better, no right, no wrong, no concern for anything other than keeping up appearances.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:17:34 »
I think Ferguson should probably be considered end of life too.. End of support for Ferguson effectively immediately.

Every Windows product town has a lifecycle. The lifecycle begins when a product is released a town is formed and ends when it's no longer supported. Knowing key dates in this lifecycle helps you make informed decisions about when to upgrade or make other changes to your software town.

The saddest part is, a lot of the places around st. louis have a bad enough reputation as it is......this is not helping anything.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:19:20 »

Again politicians do whatever they think makes them look better, no right, no wrong, no concern for anything other than keeping up appearances.

How does giving local police forces military grade equipment make anyone look good?? The only reason the US has this problem (so predominately) is because of it's insane and long standing military budget

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:19:23 »
I live in St Louis (south St Louis county area)  I went to high school IN Ferguson.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:22:14 »

How does giving local police forces military grade equipment make anyone look good?? The only reason the US has this problem (so predominately) is because of it's insane and long standing military budget
It's because congress is filled with old, white guys who get hard-ons from bigass militaries and guns, and back then no one gave enough of a **** to notice

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:22:16 »

Well at the time it made them look good because they were not wasting all the money in defense spending as you pointed out but instead 'helping' out the local police departments, even though they really were not helping them.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:22:23 »
A few of my friends have been tear gassed while peacefully protesting in Ferguson, a few arrested.  Everyone I know that has actually BEEN in Ferguson tells a completely different story than how that told by the majority of news outlets.  The scope of douchebags looting stores has been blown way out of proportion, and almost everyone arrested for doing so has been from outside of the Ferguson community.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:23:43 »
A few of my friends have been tear gassed while peacefully protesting in Ferguson, a few arrested.  Everyone I know that has actually BEEN in Ferguson tells a completely different story than how that told by the majority of news outlets.  The scope of douchebags looting stores has been blown way out of proportion, and almost everyone arrested for doing so has been from outside of the Ferguson community.

So do folks on the ground agree that the police went way overboard?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:23:58 »

Cop apologists.

Worst part about this?

It's gotten to a point where the mainstream media have become just as big of offenders when it comes to race-baiting as people like al sharpton and jesse jackson. "Wait, what's this? He wore basketball jerseys? Probably some kind of gangbanger delinquent"
US media is the biggest scum of the earth. Left or right, all they do is pander to idiots for views.

IMO the militarization(sp) of the police is the key issue here. Race second. The way the local PD has responded is incredibly sad. And it has become the norm. Look at how many people have died during swat raiding the wrong houses and then taking no responsibility.

And then replace them with the army! Oh wait...

And then you wonder why people ask why you have a chip on your shoulder.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:23:59 »
just a bunch of random people trying to get in on the chaos, but the media sees it as another opportunity for more ratings

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:25:22 »

Are these cop-supporting protestors wearing masks?

REPORTER to LOOTER: "Why are you looting and setting buildings on fire?"
LOOTER: "TO PROTEST VIOLENCE!!!!"

Makes perfect sense.
More

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:25:43 »

Cop apologists.

Worst part about this?

US media is the biggest scum of the earth. Left or right, all they do is pander to idiots for views.
That's why we have BBC and Al Jazeera

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:25:44 »

Couldn't you work that out by the pictures that have been taken of police gassing and then dismantling al jazeraahs camera equipment (among many other similar images)?

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:26:29 »

Yes, the cops went overboard..  which encouraged *******s from 'out of town' to show up and go even more overboard, which got a bunch of scumbag media to show up and also go overboard..  Don't get me wrong, not everyone that has gone to Ferguson is there for the wrong reason, but all of the 'hype' has certainly made things worse.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:27:02 »

IMO the militarization(sp) of the police is the key issue here. Race second. The way the local PD has responded is incredibly sad. And it has become the norm. Look at how many people have died during swat raiding the wrong houses and then taking no responsibility.

^^ This completely. There are entirely too many 'accidents' from raiding the wrong house and 'news' has turned into a sucky reality show.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:27:07 »

Cop apologists.

Worst part about this?

Not if the PD have anything to do with it!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:27:31 »

Makes perfect sense.
Pretty sure we've established that almost none of the people involved in those isolated incidents had anything to do with the actual peaceful protest

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:27:36 »

Makes perfect sense.

You appear to be a grade A moron

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:28:24 »

Cop apologists.

Worst part about this?

Not if the PD have anything to do with it!
lol just wait

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:28:54 »

Makes perfect sense.

And fighting a very lost battle

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:29:34 »
The BBC's reporting on the issue has actually been pretty terrible. For the first few days almost nothing was reported on there website or mobile app (I don't watch TV).

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:29:39 »

^^ This completely. There are entirely too many 'accidents' from raiding the wrong house and 'news' has turned into a sucky reality show.

100% agree.. the "mainstream media" seems to be pretty worthless if you need more than a weather forecast, traffic report, or a sporting event score.. and all of those are easily obtained elsewhere too

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:30:18 »
Worst part about this?

DEMIK. STAHP.

Seriously, stop agreeing with me, it's very disconcerting.
More

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:30:53 »

*bull*****
wow
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:31:13 »

Makes perfect sense.

You seem to be living in a great neighborhood!  :thumb:
More

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:33:00 »
Worst part about this?

DEMIK. STAHP.

Like you are any better than he is.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:33:06 »
Worst part about this?

DEMIK. STAHP.

Well I think everyone here agrees that Al Sharpton is just about as racist as your garden-variety neo-nazi

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 11:33:41 »
Worst part about this?

DEMIK. STAHP.

Like you are any better than he is.

It's okay, I think you're a racist too.
More