Author Topic: losing weight while sitting  (Read 9465 times)

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
Re: losing weight while sitting
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 15:20:37 »
Doing the keto diet is an easy way to lose weight. Someone I know did it and lost 80 pounds in about 8 months. He's now been like 100 pounds less than his starting weight for over a year. I lost about 30 pounds doing the diet before I stopped, with very little exercise. I will probably go back on it soon, but it gets hard without carbs; I actually found a low-carb beer that sort of helped at times as well.

As for doing other diets, they were simply too fad-ish or stuff like paleo where it had like vegan and hippie proponents which isn't really something I'd ever endorse.

Also a good choice. Keto worked for me and my friend as well. Lost a good amount of weight without extra effort.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 21:10:23 »
I find it hard to stick to any type of diet, besides the 'see food diet', with a wife and kids.

yup... wife * kids = stress^2

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 03:40:49 »
For you in the US it might make sense to avoid it since all of your milk has added sugar. 
wat.

I mean, seriously? TIL I guess. It's ridiculous.

OP is a troll.
Implies he wants to lose weight but not willing to make changes to his current lifestyle that will accommodate a physical change.
That's a paradox.
Yup. Or rather… isn't it a parody of all the other "diet" threads?

Offline sacratoy

• Twitch
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:25:58 »
I've been sitting for the most part for the last 3 or so weeks, and still lost about 10lbs.

I recommend only drinking water for your beverages. I drink about 2 gallons a day (4 * .5 gallon bottle), and I feel it curbs my appetite.

I've also adjusted my diet. Since you're burning nearly no calories while sitting (other than passive calories/calories you're burning so your body functions), you need to adjust for that. The coke is all sugar, which is a lot of calories you aren't burning, so cut it out (cut out all soda). I personally also eat foods that provide what my body needs with not too many calories. I do this with 2% yogurt (***E 2% w/ Strawberry) for snacking, a protein heavy breakfast (eggs/sausage), and plenty of fiber.

I also try to keep a regular sleep schedule, leaving 7-9 hours for sleep a night. Sleep with help with digestion, and generally benefits your metabolism.

Eat small, eat often, and don't waste calories.

This isn't the ideal. Ideally you'd get out and supplement your diet with exercise. But this is a start. Personally, I'm 6ft 210lbs and built like a rugby player. Not everyone can pull off the sedentary life style and still be a healthy weight.
Poker II

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:28:03 »
My problem is I'm just hungry all the time.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:34:53 »
Drink some apple cider vinegar from time to time. I drink it diluted with water and it helps soothe a grumbly tummy.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:39:02 »
Drink some apple cider vinegar from time to time. I drink it diluted with water and it helps soothe a grumbly tummy.

I used to drink that to stay awake in college.

Offline V1ral

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:44:45 »

My problem is everything is too delicious.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:46:01 »

I used to drink that to stay awake in college.
It certainly does that, too.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 12:10:40 »
My problem is everything is too delicious.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 13:44:42 »

This, to me, is the best thing about a keto diet. Once your body goes into ketosis and starts burning fat, your appetite drops off. So at first I was hungry all the time and just ate loads of meat and eggs until full. Then later, I got to the point where it takes a lot less to satisfy me. You just have to get over that hump initially and overcome the simple carb cravings. It also helps that I love meat and leafy greens and green beans. And that I like black coffee.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline osi

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 13:51:37 »
Remember! Eating is actually important in the losing weight process. If you are fasting, the body is a "store fat" mode. Eating anything should kick start you back into normal functions-just make sure it is not a donut or cake An apple or granola bar would be good

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 15:49:20 »
Remember! Eating is actually important in the losing weight process. If you are fasting, the body is a "store fat" mode. Eating anything should kick start you back into normal functions-just make sure it is not a donut or cake An apple or granola bar would be good

u could still eat donut + cake..  you just can't do the 0-xercise thing.. like a g4m3r...

I used to be so addicted to sitting... that I ran in and out of the house just to throw out the garbage, so I could get back into the AC...

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 20:38:46 »
Don't feed the troll.

/thread
DELL AT102W Black Alps | IBM Model M 122 | Matias Tactile Pro 4

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 12:37:26 »

This, to me, is the best thing about a keto diet. Once your body goes into ketosis and starts burning fat, your appetite drops off. So at first I was hungry all the time and just ate loads of meat and eggs until full. Then later, I got to the point where it takes a lot less to satisfy me. You just have to get over that hump initially and overcome the simple carb cravings. It also helps that I love meat and leafy greens and green beans. And that I like black coffee.

I keep thinking this might be something that would work well for me....but....almost everything I eat is carbs..... :'( :-\

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 01:49:47 »
surprised this is still up...

have you considered furious masturbation during starvation?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 19:54:49 »

Did it ever occur to you some of us take things seriously?

Offline nar

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 00:08:13 »
I lost 20lbs once eating pretty much nothing but junk food (and vitamin tablets). I was lacking money, car was gone and 1Hr+ walk or bus to the nearest real grocery store so I just mostly ate stuff from the connivence store nearby every once in a while. Barely moved around at all either as I was in University, doing mostly projects and reports. The fact that if I wanted to eat anything I had to walk out to the convenience store or take a 1Hr+ trip to a grocery store really cut down on the total amount of stuff I ate, even though it was mostly junk food.

So there's that. No diet, no eating healthy, just making it so damn difficult one way or another to eat more and you naturally eat less due to laziness.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 02:30:15 »

that's the funny part man
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 03:09:47 »
I lost 20lbs once eating pretty much nothing but junk food (and vitamin tablets). I was lacking money, car was gone and 1Hr+ walk or bus to the nearest real grocery store so I just mostly ate stuff from the connivence store nearby every once in a while. Barely moved around at all either as I was in University, doing mostly projects and reports. The fact that if I wanted to eat anything I had to walk out to the convenience store or take a 1Hr+ trip to a grocery store really cut down on the total amount of stuff I ate, even though it was mostly junk food.

So there's that. No diet, no eating healthy, just making it so damn difficult one way or another to eat more and you naturally eat less due to laziness.

It is possible to eat unhealthy and lose weight. But I would not recommend it. Many people think that if you are not overweight, that automatically means that you have a good diet and that you are healthy. That is actually not true. A "skinny" person can also have an alarmingly high cholesterol for example. A poor diet can also have negative consequences in the way you look other than your weight. Your skin, for example is affected by the nutrition that is in your diet.

The thing about hunger is that it is part physical and part psychological. This is why it is so hard to stop bad food habits. If you are used to eat a big meal every day at 3pm, then you will be conditioned to be hungry and have that craving, regardless of whether your body actually needs it. This is the kind of hunger (or rather, craving even if it can feel like hunger) that people should not always try to satisfy.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 August 2014, 03:11:53 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 04:42:00 »

Eee-gahds..  the Hypocrisy. lawl

Offline Bill_565

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 17:19:53 »
Eat yourself.

Offline ConscienceDrop

• a-are these pbt?
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 17:30:27 »
eat less, move more.
drink water instead of liquid sugar just for your health, soda is poison for anyone with a sedentary lifestyle.
fall in love with green tea, anyone can learn to love the taste of it if you drink enough and it requires no milk or sugar.

if you cant do this you are asking for a miracle or a stimulant habit. i suggest not hopping for either.

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 September 2014, 17:33:59 by ConscienceDrop »

Offline HebrewHammer

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 18:06:17 »
I would start by substituting the cokes with something like water and tea, decaf for the nights. In moderation a coke can be had every now and then, but for the most part drink water or tea. I also seem to drink more water when it's iced water.

Any kind of exercise is going to be very good for staying healthy and losing weight, simple things like starting out walking the dog everyday can be helpful (or just going on walks in general).

As some others have said, a very good motivator and way of getting exercise is playing a sport you may like. Going to the gym is a great option, it may feel uncomfortable at first, but screw it, do it anyways.

Friends Don't Let Friends Get Friends Haircuts...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 18:36:39 »
eat less, move more.
drink water instead of liquid sugar just for your health, soda is poison for anyone with a sedentary lifestyle.
fall in love with green tea, anyone can learn to love the taste of it if you drink enough and it requires no milk or sugar.

if you cant do this you are asking for a miracle or a stimulant habit. i suggest not hopping for either.

how is tea not a stimulant habit..

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 19:26:14 »

Just try to find something you like, be openminded about trying things, and commit once you find something you really enjoy.

^^THAT

Im no fan of cardio but absolutely love to lift weight. In the last two years, no real diet change other than eating moderately, with lifting for 60-100 minutes 5 days a qeek I gave lost about 70lbs