Author Topic: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (GET YOUR WALLET! - GB LIVE SEPT 8th 12:00 PST)  (Read 102114 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (DON'T MISS THIS ONE! - GB LIVE SEP 8TH - MOQ PRICES ON OP)
« Reply #550 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 19:17:05 »
Stand by mate, we will have a wonderful GB very, very soon.

A whole lot of people are waiting for this baby to start hence MiTo, be prepared for the orders buddy  :thumb: .

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (DON'T MISS THIS ONE! - GB LIVE SEP 8TH - MOQ PRICES ON OP)
« Reply #551 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 18:40:54 »
Stand by mate, we will have a wonderful GB very, very soon.

A whole lot of people are waiting for this baby to start hence MiTo, be prepared for the orders buddy  :thumb: .

Just a few more days, hang on everybody!

Regarding my update on OP: just mentioned the corect name of the color chip. Not BBJ, but BBQ. BBQ is what we're going with.

The keycaps featured on the mockups are already on the real BBQ tone since day one. There is nothing to worry about!
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 September 2014, 20:52:35 by MiTo »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #552 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 23:08:15 »
BBQ is what we're going with.
Show Image

You betya,

Now lets get this BBQ started already, I'll bring the piss - you slaughter half a cow and we should all have a real DTF.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (BBQ BLUE AND BLACK - SP CHIP PHOTOS ARE INACCURATE)
« Reply #553 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 01:21:43 »
I think it's more green than I was hoping for.
I've owned Miami in DCS which is BBQ mods.
I'm conflicted. :S

edit: i was kinda hoping for bbj
are the mockups really bbq?
they look bluer to me

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #554 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 07:01:34 »
BBQ is what we're going with.
Show Image

You betya,

Now lets get this BBQ started already, I'll bring the piss - you slaughter half a cow and we should all have a real DTF.

Sounds good.Let's invite others to the party.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #555 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 07:14:44 »

they look bluer to me

Got your message tdc, but I can't get the ring because I'm not in the US. It would take a month if not more for it to arrive and by that time, the GB will be done. Also, there's the ****ty brazillian customs that would tax me to the max for a piece of plastic, can't afford it.

I understand you, the mockups are made on BBQ. The tone matches it exactly. Problem with BBJ is that it's not a vibrant tone, is just a plain light blue tone. I've got a mockup here with both colors. Check them out:

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 September 2014, 07:20:45 by MiTo »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #556 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 07:54:02 »

they look bluer to me

With you there. BBQ is much more light than I thought this would be. BBJ seems more of what I was thinking when I saw mock-ups.

Either way, both will look good with black, though.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Data

« Reply #557 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 07:58:06 »
The difference is so subtle that I don't care which one you go with.  I'm sure both will look amazing in person.

It's always hard to judge color swatches from photos/scans.  Every monitor renders them differently (depending on calibration).  It's also impossible to show in a 2D render how the light will play off them.

Go with whatever you feel best fits the original intent of the colorway.

Offline Heimdall_

« Reply #558 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 08:07:45 »
I have never tried SA keycaps, this will be my first ;)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #559 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 11:38:41 »

they look bluer to me

With you there. BBQ is much more light than I thought this would be. BBJ seems more of what I was thinking when I saw mock-ups.

Either way, both will look good with black, though.

The difference is so subtle that I don't care which one you go with.  I'm sure both will look amazing in person.

It's always hard to judge color swatches from photos/scans.  Every monitor renders them differently (depending on calibration).  It's also impossible to show in a 2D render how the light will play off them.

Go with whatever you feel best fits the original intent of the colorway.

Thanks for the feedback guys, yes indeed - the difference between BBJ and BBQ are subtle but we can notice it. BBQ is way lighter and more "vivid", or shocking. BBQ is the way to go here!

Pulse is gonna look incredibly sharp.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 September 2014, 11:40:30 by MiTo »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #560 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 11:41:23 »
I have never tried SA keycaps, this will be my first ;)

I'm very glad you will join us.

4 days until our GB start!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #561 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 11:45:52 »
I have to say, I'm getting very excited for this set. Colors are nice, with good contrast, and finally we will have a true contoured profile SA set, with lots of options.

Not that 7bit's Space Cadet and Honeywell sets weren't great, but with the prospect of correctly sized, row 4 Shifts available in the near future, this PuLSE set is really going to knock the ball out of the park. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #562 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 11:52:18 »
I have to say, I'm getting very excited for this set. Colors are nice, with good contrast, and finally we will have a true contoured profile SA set, with lots of options.

Not that 7bit's Space Cadet and Honeywell sets weren't great, but with the prospect of correctly sized, row 4 Shifts available in the near future, this PuLSE set is really going to knock the ball out of the park. :D

I'm very excited too JD, we are doing very good so far with colors, options, everything. Let's make it!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (BASE SET MOQ SET AT 25 - 50 TOO RISKY?)
« Reply #563 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 11:56:24 »
Another thing, I recommend starting MOQ at 50 base sets. It will hit that, no problem, and it shows the lower price tier from the start. 50 is the tipping point for a nice price break, and after that, the tiers show somewhat diminishing returns.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #564 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 12:02:31 »
Another thing, I recommend starting MOQ at 50 base sets. It will hit that, no problem, and it shows the lower price tier from the start. 50 is the tipping point for a nice price break, and after that, the tiers show somewhat diminishing returns.

Strongly agree with you.

I wouldn't like to open PMK looking for a new keyset and then have a $81 price tag right on my face.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #565 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 12:10:55 »
I'll agree with JD on pricing tiers.
@50 units its 64% of the original cost. [saw your reply while typing this]

I'll also concede that BBQ will probably be more "shocking".

In regards to accuracy, I have a 99.8% colour accurate monitor and the actual plastic colour on hand.
I'll be picking up a set either way,
but I'm guessing I won't be happy with it.

Here's my album of Miami.
You can see in the first four pictures the different tones.
http://imgur.com/a/6VAGw
My camera isn't perfect but between the shots you can see a realistic tone.

edit: don't change the color just for me, I don't want pitchforked mobs here.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #566 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 12:29:10 »
I'll agree with JD on pricing tiers.
@50 units its 64% of the original cost. [saw your reply while typing this]

I'll also concede that BBQ will probably be more "shocking".

In regards to accuracy, I have a 99.8% colour accurate monitor and the actual plastic colour on hand.
I'll be picking up a set either way,
but I'm guessing I won't be happy with it.

Here's my album of Miami.
You can see in the first four pictures the different tones.
http://imgur.com/a/6VAGw
My camera isn't perfect but between the shots you can see a realistic tone.

edit: don't change the color just for me, I don't want pitchforked mobs here.

Very nice Filco, and you wouldn't believe how hard I laughed about the pitchforked mobs, haha!

I believe you gonna be surprised with Pulse. Mostly because it's really hard to really visualize and evaluate the BBQ tone on Miami because of the pink.

This pink tone hurts my eyes, so I can't really see how blue BBQ is.

The BBQ popping out of the plain black will really please your eyes, the contrast between BBQ and dark is the cornerstone of Pulse.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (GET YOUR WALLET! - GB LIVE SEPT 8th 12:00 PST)
« Reply #567 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 15:09:33 »
You can check the colours here: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Signature_Plastics_ABS_colours

I think BBJ would look better, personally, but it's up to the GB organiser which colour matches his vision of the set best.

Also, I agree about adding the Row 1 Esc to the main set. Good decision.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline divito

« Reply #568 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 16:08:28 »
I think BBJ would look better, personally, but it's up to the GB organiser which colour matches his vision of the set best.

Same.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #569 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 17:36:22 »
I
You can check the colours here: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Signature_Plastics_ABS_colours

Also, I agree about adding the Row 1 Esc to the main set. Good decision.

Same.

I see that you guys really like BBJ, but it's not a color for Pulse. It was never considered, I simply brought this discussion because the information about the exact color tone was wrong! At some point I mentioned BBJ, probably because I was messing up with some colors.

Anyway, I believe that BBQ is gonna make this Keyset a freakin beast, you'll see. It's so vibrant, and the contrast with black will be unique, very elegant.

I will try something with BBJ one day, maybe on another project I've got, Olimitto.

Actually, now I remember why I mentioned that Pulse was BBJ. BBJ is the blue tone featured on Olimitto, which was the base for the creation of Pulse!

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #570 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 17:42:43 »
Since a few of you voiced that you like BBJ, I want to say that I prefer BBQ. The slight green tinge makes it appear more vibrant/electric than BBJ, which looks calm in comparison.

Offline xSpartanCx

« Reply #571 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 20:10:11 »
I see that you guys really like BBJ, but it's not a color for Pulse. It was never considered, I simply brought this discussion because the information about the exact color tone was wrong! At some point I mentioned BBJ, probably because I was messing up with some colors.

Anyway, I believe that BBQ is gonna make this Keyset a freakin beast, you'll see. It's so vibrant, and the contrast with black will be unique, very elegant.

I will try something with BBJ one day, maybe on another project I've got, Olimitto.

Actually, now I remember why I mentioned that Pulse was BBJ. BBJ is the blue tone featured on Olimitto, which was the base for the creation of Pulse!

Go with what you like, either way I think it'll be fantastic. I can see the point of a more vibrant blue. I think next to black keys it'll look less teal-y and better than the darker blue  which will kind of blend in. Either way, I'm excited to see how I like spherical keycaps and with my favorite color how could I go wrong?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #572 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 21:20:18 »
Since a few of you voiced that you like BBJ, I want to say that I prefer BBQ. The slight green tinge makes it appear more vibrant/electric than BBJ, which looks calm in comparison.

Go with what you like, either way I think it'll be fantastic. I can see the point of a more vibrant blue. I think next to black keys it'll look less teal-y and better than the darker blue  which will kind of blend in. Either way, I'm excited to see how I like spherical keycaps and with my favorite color how could I go wrong?

5 more days, hang on!

Offline okwchin

« Reply #573 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 21:50:50 »
Would anyone else be keen/partial to having a 1.5 pulse logo modifier for the Tsangan kit?

This would be applicable to win keyless keyboards and allowing the use of a pulse mod. If this has low popularity, or adds too much to the cost of the tsangan kit, then its also fair to leave it out.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #574 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 00:16:35 »

I'll agree with you here.
BBJ does seem more subdued.
I just don't think I like BBQ as a mod color.
I've had it before.
But I'll be buying this set and hoping I love it.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #575 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 01:21:05 »
Would anyone else be keen/partial to having a 1.5 pulse logo modifier for the Tsangan kit?

This would be applicable to win keyless keyboards and allowing the use of a pulse mod. If this has low popularity, or adds too much to the cost of the tsangan kit, then its also fair to leave it out.

Sorry for double post. I like this idea.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #576 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 04:39:59 »

Trick is getting anyone else to buy up a TKLess kit because it needs to tip before it has any chance of ever getting made  :'( .

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #577 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 13:06:56 »

Trick is getting anyone else to buy up a TKLess kit because it needs to tip before it has any chance of ever getting made  :'( .

Elrick is right, I don't really know how many people actually will purchase the Tsangan kit. I set he MOQ at 10 in order to make it easy to tip.

Offline xSpartanCx

« Reply #578 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 19:05:26 »

I've had it before.

Hmm, I wonder how BBQ alphas with BBJ modifiers would look. That would be interesting.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #579 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 19:24:05 »

I've had it before.

Hmm, I wonder how BBQ alphas with BBJ modifiers would look. That would be interesting.

I can mock it up if you want.

It's not going to be the greatest thing in the world but maybe I can help the right side of your brain.

EDIT: As you wish.

« Last Edit: Fri, 05 September 2014, 19:35:44 by MiTo »

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #580 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 09:20:41 »
I honestly don't even know at this point.
I love BBQ on the alphas but I don't know how I feel about BBJ mods.
BBJ looks good but is it electric enough, is BBQ too green?
Run it however you want.
It's always possible to run a modifier set in the alternative colour later right? [kinda like rad hard]
If MiTo doesn't object to future runs.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #581 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 02:01:39 »
I don't remember if this was already discussed in this thread, but what will the finish of the caps be?

Will the have the rough finish like the Commando 23 GB or the glossy finish from other SA sets?

(I prefer the rough texture btw)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #582 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 09:19:40 »
Run it however you want.
It's always possible to run a modifier set in the alternative colour later right? [kinda like rad hard]

It's a possibility we can think about. I will also create new keysets, I don't plan to stop.

Let's see if Pulse succeeds.

I don't remember if this was already discussed in this thread, but what will the finish of the caps be?

Will the have the rough finish like the Commando 23 GB or the glossy finish from other SA sets?

(I prefer the rough texture btw)

I tried to discuss that two times in the past but nobody answered, so I believe we're going with semi-matte top and sides.

We only have two options, actually.

Semi-matte top and sides or matte top with semi-matte sides.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #583 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 13:03:47 »
I don't believe I've actually tried a set with matte tops.
Idc either way really. All my caps feel so different it's what makes them a joy to type on.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #584 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 20:51:56 »
I'll create a fresh thread on the GB sub.

Follow me clackers!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #585 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 21:54:58 »
Run it however you want.

It's a possibility we can think about. I will also create new keysets, I don't plan to stop.

Let's see if Pulse succeeds.

Don't worry MiTo, Pulse will succeed easily  :thumb: .

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #586 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 02:40:24 »
I know it's not an option, but I'd really be interested in having a glossy set of SA keycaps as my daily driver. They'd look super old school and I imagine that wear would be really hard to see on them.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #587 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 08:45:13 »
I know it's not an option, but I'd really be interested in having a glossy set of SA keycaps as my daily driver. They'd look super old school and I imagine that wear would be really hard to see on them.

I believe Penumbra is semi-matte, it looks great. Definitely just glossy enough for my tastes.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい