Author Topic: Quick shipping!  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Zero-Expectations

Quick shipping!
« on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 21:16:10 »
When looking for my first mechanical keyboard I searched for weeks!!! (yes really...) I couldn't decide what I wanted, or where to buy, but after reading quite a bit I decided on a Poker 2 with MX Blues.

Then began the price comparison between sites... & MechanicalKeyboards.com had the best price with free shipping! I was planning on waiting until the next massdrop then I realized it can take months for it to be posted again, and months again for delivery. I couldn't wait to get my board, so I went with MK.com and their free standard shipping (3-5) days, but to my surprise it arrived in 2! I had a bonus of using my new board over the weekend & get used to it before the next work week!

Thanks MechanicalKeybaords.com!

I will note, I had some issues viewing the larger images on some of the keyboards pictures.

-ZE

Offline dante

Re: Quick shipping!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 21:32:05 »
I will note, I had some issues viewing the larger images on some of the keyboards pictures.

I've found that sometimes you need to F5/Refresh the page and then the image will enlarge properly.

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 08:49:46 »

I've found that sometimes you need to F5/Refresh the page and then the image will enlarge properly.

Yeah, not sure. I tried that, along with another browser and had issues. It acts like its going to do something then just get the loading icon with "black" overlay, but nothing ever loads. No worries, I ordered anyways!

Offline JoshMK

• * Commercial Vendor
  • MechanicalKeyboards.com
    • MechanicalKeyboards
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 09:40:43 »
It's hard to disappoint someone with low expectations!  :))

Thanks for the kind words!
Josh McConnell
MechanicalKeyboards.com
Josh@mechanicalkeyboards.com
615.266.1420 ext303

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 09:57:15 »
It's hard to disappoint someone with low expectations!  :))

Thanks for the kind words!

Hah! Its true...  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 15:17:35 »
Actually you went about it backwards.  You should have found a store with good prices and good shipping first, rather than deciding on a keyboard, finding a site, and then being distracted and tempted by all of the other nice keyboards they have in stock :p

Glad the story has a happy ending though ;D

+1 for MK though - my Ducky Shine Yellow came from there - hasn't missed a beat :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 18:36:19 »
Actually you went about it backwards.  You should have found a store with good prices and good shipping first, rather than deciding on a keyboard, finding a site, and then being distracted and tempted by all of the other nice keyboards they have in stock :p

Glad the story has a happy ending though ;D

+1 for MK though - my Ducky Shine Yellow came from there - hasn't missed a beat :)

Well I did a lot of my searching on their site to begin with.... I did want several others  :-[

Offline Sagii

• Time to bust some nails
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 23:30:08 »
Congrats on your first mech :D the part where you research and find out which board you want is the toughest one (except the waiting when you've bought one), but it's also the step in the process that is the most fun :D it took me almost two months of browsing around before I finally decided :)) I know how you feel!

"Enjoy the feeling" or whatever it says on the spacebar :p

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 07:08:26 »
Congrats on your first mech :D the part where you research and find out which board you want is the toughest one (except the waiting when you've bought one), but it's also the step in the process that is the most fun :D it took me almost two months of browsing around before I finally decided :)) I know how you feel!

"Enjoy the feeling" or whatever it says on the spacebar :p

Ouch, and I thought the 2 or 3 weeks I researched was bad... :eek: